Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Captain John Pike

My first chapter of the book I'm actually into. Ually I dont finish a story, but this time Ive already planned whats going to happen. Any Problems, just tell me because I have to know so I can fix them. Thanks Dudes and Dudetts!

Chapter 1 - Captain John Pike

Chapter 1 - Captain John Pike
PART 1

Captain John Pike



Captain John Pikes focused eyes gazed steadily across the gently rolling sea. His massive hands gripped the wheel tightly as he sailed his ship the Lunisstar. A smile of pleasure crossed his mouth as the brine-filled breeze lifted his bronze beard. The captain had been sailing for thirty years and took pleasure in the sights and sounds of his ship. Pikes crew worked flawlessly around him maintaining the sails and performing the hundreds of small tasks necessary to make a ship run smoothly.
He called up to the man in the crows nest. Tom! Have you seen anything yet?
The man answered Pikes question with a shout. Nay, captain. I- Wait a minute! I see a ship! Its sailing directly toward us, and it doesnt look friendly.
Can you identify what type of ship it is?
Yes captain.
There was a pause and then Tom shouted, Pirate!
Pirate, murmured Pike. He shouted to the crew, Man the cannons open the sails! Lets get this pirate scum before they get us!
The Lunisstar was a beautiful vessel that sliced quickly through the open sea. Its well-polished oak hull glinted in the sunlight. On both sides of the enormous hull, there were large sheets of silver. Cannons jutted out from the sides of silver. Its unique figurehead was a fierce looking pike. The sails were broad and expanded as if to take up the whole sky. A gryphon with two swords below it and above it was painted on the mighty sails.
Before long, the pirate ship and the Lunisstar were lined up next to each other. Captain Pike did not even hesitate. Quickly, blow down the mast! he ordered. The men on the gun deck immediately fired shots at the mast. The mast was hit three times and it slowly fell down, like a tree onto the deck crushing a few of the crewmembers.
Pull the ship toward us and board it! Grappling hooks flew of the Lunisstar and onto the enemys ship hooking onto the railing or crewmembers. The Lunisstars men gradually pulled the ship close to theirs. They lay planks of wood onto the deck and crossed on those. Pike walked on the plank and onto the pirates deck and pointed a pistol at the captains face. Surrender or Ill shoot. Threatened Pike.
The pirate captain was half shocked half scared, but he regained himself. Whoa, red beard, you didnt even give us a chance to attack. Said the pirate with an attitude.
My name aint red beard, growled Pike. Its Captain Pike, now surrender or youre ship will be sunk all the way down to the bottom of the sea with you and your crew strapped to it.
Heh, chuckled the captain. Nice threat. You would be a nice pirate, but its really too bad well have to take the ship. He drew a sword. Attack mates.
At that moment, everyone clashed in combat. Pike tried to shoot the pirate captain but he jumped raising his sword. Pike did not have time to attack, so he rolled to the side, pointing the gun at the captains ribs before he got a chance to turn at Pike. He fired his gun. The captain clutched his side and screamed. In rage, the pirate slashed his sword wildly catching Pike at his arm. Pike ignored the wound and slammed the butt of his pistol on the pirates head causing blood to gush from the side of his face. Pike took this chance to shoot the pirate in the face, killing him instantly.
Pike dropped the gun, drew his sword, and began to slash at other pirates, hacking and slaying his way to victory. Suddenly a massive man stepped in front of him, and smiled stupidly. Pike automatically reacted by swinging his sword as his belly. The giant looked at his stomach, and then looked at Pike and glared. He pulled back his fist, and delivered a solid blow to Pikes body, sending him across the deck. It took a moment for Pike to recover, but then he stood up to fight. Except the colossal man was very difficult to defeat and he was coming in on Pike quickly. Pike desperately looked around for something that could help. Then he saw it, the rope connected to the boom. Pike drew back his sword, and threw it as hard as he could at the rope. The rope cut easily like a hot knife through butter. The boom swung fast and hard as it slammed into the enormous pirate, throwing him clear off the ship.
The combat lasted for a couple more minutes, Pikes men slowly winning. The pirates were eventually destroyed. Pike ordered that all of the bodies would be thrown into the sea as Pike searched for anything worth compensating. After hours of searching, Pike still did not find anything, so he took one last search in the captains quarters. When he opened the door, a disgraceful breeze blew into his face. Inside the room, the thick smell of rum hung in the air. The walls and floorboards were damp with seawater. Bottles of rum were scattered all over floor. The musty, moldy bed had a ripped sand mattress on it. That is when Pike saw something; a box shaped lump was under the captains bed.
Pike strode to the bed and lifted up the mattress. He was right it was a box. Except the box did not seem to fit in the environment. It was very well crafted, almost as if no human could do. On the pretty box, there were words carved onto the box that said Blades of Senses.
When he opened the box, Pikes eyes opened wide. The blades were so beautiful. They were two daggers that were gracefully curved blade. Each of the blades had a gleaming gem positioned in the hilt, one was red and the other was blue. They both had a very large golden hand guard. The hand guards had spikes all around them. The blades too had a perfection that also seemed inhuman.
Pike knew these were important and the king should have them, but something about these blades captivated him. Besides the king did not want any silly old knives, so he put them back in the box and stuffed the box in his large trench coat pocket.
Pike walked back onto his own ship and kicked the boards of the railing. Then, he and his crew blew holes under the hull of the ship. After watching the ship sink, Captain Pike walked into his quarters and sat on his desk, exhausted. Pike sat there, thinking about the city of the Lunis Navy. He loved the Navy, but he thought if it really was the right thing to do. He once was a pirate; he raided ship after ship. He was so powerful that he almost got into the pages of pirate history. Except after that, he was caught by the Lunis Navy and then tamed. It was a wonderful life being a pirate, not the stealing, but the freedom. The freedom to do whatever he could possibly want to do. However, now he was in the navy, and he could not turn back now; he had sworn oath to the Navy and he cannot ever commit piracy again.
Pike took the box out from his pocket and lay it on his desk. He stared at it and wondered whom and how did the pirates get these blades. Pike opened the box and picked up the blades. Suddenly Pike felt like he left his body and entered a strange new world. This feeling got stronger and stronger until everything went black. Then he saw an image of Lunis on a normal sunny day. Then there was a giant earthquake and an enormous tidal wave ten times the size of the city came rushing at Lunis. The tidal wave destroyed everything in its path, leaving nothing behind but bodies and ruins. Then just as soon as the image appeared, it disappeared. That is when Captain Pike knew that the city was doomed.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

brinabunny on February 8, 2007, 8:33:09 AM

brinabunny on
brinabunnyIt's good. Has good detail and is interesting. Keep up the good work. You seem to put thought into it so that makes it even better.

Tane on January 5, 2007, 12:05:12 PM

Tane on
TaneCmon peeps! Write a friken commet! btw, this is my rough draft now. I'm rewriting everything cause i just gots some more writing skills!