Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Scarecrow

Raven is gifted with great power. Throughout her life as a Teen Titan member, she has done great deeds with them. But now that they have faced the Scarecrow, something has gone awry with Raven. Something so terrible she could destroy the entire city... along with the Titans.

Chapter 1 - The Scarecrow

Chapter 1 - The Scarecrow
Show no Fear 9:00 P.M: Bank outside of Jump City
A security guard sits near the counter, reading comics, still keeping an eye out for trouble. The night is rather calm for a prairie. There is no cricket chirping, no wind, and the moon is full. The security guard is about to drink the last of his cup of coffee when the wall in front of him explodes and knocks him backwards. As he regains consciousness, he spots through the cloud of dust a tall, black thin figure, slowly approaching.
-Freeze, I am an officer of the law.Then, the figure speaks in a deep, dried voice.
-And I'm your worse nightmare.Then another, red coloured gas escapes, which the officer inhales. He coughs, trying to get air. But he literally stops breathing as he notices a flock of cobras surrounding his feet. A piercing cry escapes from his mouth and he falls in shock. But the figure walks by him, as there are no real snakes anywhere. From the counter he grabs keys and opens the safe.
-I won the scaring contest, and I shall gain my prize.But as he reaches for the loot, a boomerang hits his hand and flies back behind. The figure moans and looks back at the hole in the wall. It's the Teen Titans. Robin moves forward:
-You have been disqualified Scarecrow, the trophies staying.
-Well well, if it isn't pigeon head and his little tea party pals.
Cyborg reaches for Robin's ear:-You know this wacko?
-We go way back. You were supposed to be locked away in Arkham Scarecrow. How did you escape?
Then Starfire flies past them and says:-Enough with the talking, we shall search for answers after.
-Titans go!Beast Boy, Cyborg and Robin charge (without thinking) at full speed towards the Scarecrow, but the villain deploys a snake shaped whip and knocks them to their knees. Beast Boy gets back to his feet looking uncomfortable:
-Dude, did you skin that snake.He then changes into a wolf and charges again. After all his battles with Robin, Scarecrow has well known how to dodge repetitive attacks. The fiend grabs Beast Boy's jaws and stuffs them with a spider toy.
-Who's afraid of the big bad wolf? Beast Boy literally chokes, but changes to a tiger and "hair balls" the toy out. Starfire flies from behind and throw star bolts at the Scarecrow. In a reflex action, Scarecrow makes several back flips, heading right for Cyborg's punch. Cyborg nearly strikes him but misses, and is tossed to Starfire (Scarecrow used some kind of upper cut there with his legs; I'll draw a picture later). Agile Starfire, flies under Cybrog and shoots more bolts from her eyes, a direct hit to Scarecrow. But the villain remains to his feet and throws a flock of bats from his pockets to Starfire who desperately tries to cover her head from the animals. Scarecrow listens to Starfire's cries:
-Aaah music to my ears.
-Pay attention to this! Raven sneaks from behind Scarecrow holding out her hands.
-Azerath Methr…The Scarecrow grabs Raven's cloak and turns it around her. Then he hits her in the stomach, and Raven hits the wall of bricks. He looks behind and sees that the other titans are heading straight for him. Knowing he won't keep up much longer, the Scarecrow throws a grenade to the ground which lets out a thick sheet of gas. So thick is that gas that the Titans stop dead in their tracks and must cover their mouths.
Robin looks back:-Beast Boy, blow this stuff away.Beast Boy changes into a Pterodactyl and with mighty flaps from his wings blows away the smoke. The Scarecrow is gone.
-Where did he go? Cyborg asks.
Robin looks back to the hole in the wall.-He's trying to hide in the corn field! Titans, after him.But before anyone could move a muscle, they spot Raven getting up, moaning. Then:
-My cloak, it's gone.Starfire comes up:-The Scarecrow must have taken it.
Robin follows:-That wound looks bad Raven, you should stay here.
-I won't. He has my cloak.Raven gets up and flies quickly away, too fast for anyone to stop here. Robin petrified by her reaction can only call her name.
Beast Boy walks by Robin and asks:-What's with the cloak?
-We'll ask questions later, but we have to stop her before things get worse.  Titans move! And the Titans run through the opening into the Cornfield.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment