Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Shanna's Mission

Shanna a 15 year old wolf demon who lives in human world. What happens when Koenma finds out that she's there and the only way she can stay in human world is to help him whenever he needs it? What missions will she go on and who will she meet?

Chapter 2 - Shanna's Mission

Chapter 2 - Shanna's Mission
Your POV
"Genkai!" you called running into the main room of the shrine. Genkai was walking towards the door where you just entered.
"What?" she asked.
"God, I hate having to ask you this since you already do this all the time as it is. I um..." you started but trailed off looking down. You really didn't want to have to ask this. Genkai already babysat Sanna everyday when you were at school except on Saturdays or Sundays.
"Spit it out!" Genkai said.
"I...Um...Need you to watch Sanna for a while." You finally said.
"Why?" Genkai asked looking at you suspiciously. It wasn't that she didn't truest you. That wasn't it at all. It's that she did truest you that made her suspicious. You see, it wasn't like you to ask Genkai to baby sit Sanna very often and when you did it was normally because you were going to the library to study or something like that. But today you were urgent. That was defiantly unlike you.
"Well, as you know I got caught by Koenma." You started.
"Right." Genkai said waiting for you to continue.
"Well, He wants me to help the spirit detective on some mission against the 4 saint beasts." You explained. Genkai looked a bit shocked. "I'm not sure when I'll be back and Sanna doesn't have anywhere else to go, so..." you began to explain until you trailed off when Genkai gave you a look that told you to shut up.
"It's fine." Genkai said with a small smile. You had always liked Genkai. Though she was strict sometimes, she was nice.
"Ok, thanks. Like I said though, I'm not sure when I'll be back, but truest me, WILL be back soon." You explained with a smile.
"Fine, just don't get killed." Genkai said.
"Oh, truest me, I won't!" you called running out the door to grab a few things.
You finished grabbing your stuff and changing then walked outside. You had on your normal clothes but with a long loose baggy guys top on top of your loose tank top. Genkai was standing at the steps with Sanna waiting for you. You walked over to the 2 of them and kneeled down in front of your daughter Sanna. She had tears in her eyes. She obviously knew that you might be gone for a little while.
"Here, no tears. I'll be back soon." You said to Sanna. She sniffled.
"Pwamise?" Sanna asked sniffling. You nodded with a smile.
"Yeah." You said confidently. You gave Sanna a hug and a kiss on the forehead then stood up. "Thanks again Genkai. I really appreciate it. I seriously don't know what I'd do without you." You said smiling.
"No problem, Shanna." Genkai said smiling.
"Well, I'm off! See ya in few!" you called back running down the shrine stairs.
Yusuke's POV
Boton opened a door of an abandoned building that she said led to the portal to demon world. She opened the door and a bunch of smoke came out making Kuwabara and I cough.
"Watch for dust." She says walking down the stair case.
"Gee, thanks for the warning." I said following behind her. Kuwabara followed after me a moment later and closing the door as we went down the stairs.
"Banging on the floors of random wear houses seems like fun to me." I said after arriving at the bottom of the stair case.
"This is where they were supposed to put the breach in the barrier." Boton said hitting the floor with her fist. She suddenly hit a place in the floor and part of the floor popped up. "Bingo." She said lifting up on the part of the floor that came up. Kuwabara and I looked into the hole. There was a green mist in it.
"You are going to give us a rope latter or something?" I asked.
"No. Jumping in should land you safely on the outer banks of the city." She said. "You know you don't have to go through with this if you don't want to, no one will hold it against you." She said looking at Kuwabara.
"Oh, ok, goodbye." I said turning around and getting ready to leave but Boton put out her foot and tripped me.
"Not you. Spirit detectives do not have a choice in this. Kuwabara does." She said.
"Don't worry about me lady, I kinda feel like a spirit detective too now. And as for detectives there's no turning back." Kuwabara said jumping into the portal hole in the floor.
"He really jumped." Boton said looking into the portal hole.
"Maybe he'll be ok alone." I said. "Ok, ok." I said after seeing the way Boton looked at me. I was about to jump in when she stopped me.
"Not yet. Here." She said pulling out to compacts. "I'm supposed to give you this communication mirror." She said.
"Geez! You nearly forgot to give me this thing? Let me guess, without it I'd probably be killed." I said grabbing it.
"No. it's not a weapon. It's just a communication mirror so that I can keep in contact with you while you're one the other side." She said.
"Yeah, yeah. Leave me on my own while you go and do other things." I said. I suddenly gasped. "Oh, no!"
"What's the matter now, Yusuke?" Boton asked.
"Keiko, I just dumped her off at the movie theater. Hey Boton, why don't you go take care of things with her and I'll go down here." I said quickly jumping into the portal hole.
"Hey! No wait!" she called. "Yusuke, I don't want to do that!" she called.
Your POV
You had arrived at Koenma's office and he introduced you to 2 demons. One was tall with long red hair and green eyes. You guessed that he was about 5' 11" maybe 5' 12". The other was a little taller then you with gravity defying jet black hair with white highlights, with red eyes, and he wore all black. You guessed that he was maybe 5' 4" or 5' 5". Koenma told you the red haired guy was Kurama and the one in black was Hiei. Kurama seemed very polite unlike Hiei who when you introduced yourself just went 'hn' and turned his head. It didn't really bother you though. It wasn't like he was your problem. You had your own things to deal with none of which had to do with him.
"Ok, here is the portal to the demon world. This portal will take you to where Yusuke and Kuwabara are." Koenma explained as a portal appeared in the corner of the room.
'Yusuke? That name rings a bell. One of Genkai's students maybe? Or a class mate? I don't know. I'll just have to worry about it later.' You though walking into the portal behind Kurama with Hiei fallowing behind you.
Yusuke's POV
"Yusuke, there's too many of them. And I'm not sure but I think they want to eat me!" Kuwabara yelled as a large group of the demons attacked him all at once.
"I'm coming!" I called back. As I was headed over to where Kuwabara was I got attacked by more of the demons. "That would be pretty lame if we were killed before we got to the castle." I said pushing more of the demons off. Suddenly there was lightning and a portal appeared in the sky. Out of a portal came three lights, a red one, a blue once, and a blackish purple one. The demons stopped attacking and looked at the lights as they came down. The three lights headed for the tree behind Kuwabara and landed in a branch. The demons suddenly scattered upon seeing the lights.
"That worked. Whatever it was." I said looking to see what the lights were.
Your POV
"It seems you could use some help." Said Kurama who stood to your left as you sat in a tree branch just above Hiei and Kurama.
"If those nothings were too much for you then we're going to have some serious trouble." Said Hiei who stood to my right. The lightning struck again and Hiei and Kurama jumped down out of the tree. You didn't move.
"Well, well, well, the thieves." Yusuke started.
"Hello." Kurama said.
"Well, what are you two doing here?" Yusuke asked.
"Even that fool Koenma knew that it was going to take more then human power to defeat the saint beasts." Hiei stated.
"Who's the girl?" Yusuke asked Hiei and Kurama looking up. "Hey! Who are you? I've never seen you before! And what's with the cat ears?" Yusuke called up to you.
"I was told to help you out on this mission in order for me to be able to stay in human world to live. And they're dog ears. I'm a wolf demon." You stated politely.
"Nice to meet you." Kuwabara said as you jumped down.
"You too. What's your name?" you asked smiling.
"Kazuma Kuwabara." He answered proudly. You chuckled.
"By assisting in this mission Koenma has assured us that we can clean our slates in spirit world." Kurama explained. Yusuke laughed.
"I guess Koenma heard me complaining." He said with a laugh. "Hey, Kuwabara let me introduce you to these guys." Yusuke said. "That's Hiei and his name is Kurama." He said pointing to each one.
"Pleasure." Kurama said.
"I don't have a clue what's going on but it sure is nice to have a helping hand." Kuwabara said.
"Helping is not the right word." Hiei said. You, Kuwabara and Yusuke looked at him questioningly. "Koenma may regard us as equals, but I do not. Once inside the castle, I suggest you let us do the work. As far as I'm concerned, we're babysitting." Hiei explained.
"Excuse me. I may look weak, but I assure you, I am NOT." You said with an anime vain.
"Listen you puny jerk face I'm gonna have to beat you up if you keep talking down to us that way." Kuwabara said.
"Let's avoided fighting; you're not worth it." Hiei said.
"Oh, that's it!" Kuwabara said getting ready to punch Hiei. He took a step forward so that he was next to Yusuke.
"But you detective are a different story, I intent to take my revenge on you, so consider this fair warning." Hiei said. While Kuwabara kept trying to punch Hiei. He just moved back so that he was next to Kurama again.
"Hiei, you must face this current business before you start your own." Kurama said.
"Don't worry three eyes; if we survive this I'll be glad to take you on." Yusuke said. "Now, is this a perfect team or what?"
"Hn." Hiei said at the same time.
"Sure, whatever you say." You said rolling your eyes but smiling.
Your POV
"Wow, now this place is homey." Yusuke said as you all arrived at the castle.
"Yeah, so, I guess we're just going to walk right in?" Kuwabara asked.
"Any prize that's worth having usually involves taking a risk." Kurama said.
"I say we make them come out here and fight us up front like they're not a bunch of sissies." Kuwabara said.
Yusuke ignored Kuwabara and walked in. Kuwabara, Kurama, you and Hiei fallowed. You all walked down the hall until you came almost to the end. You saw a giant eyeball with bat wings flying in the air. The thing made you all stop dead in your tracks.
"Welcome to Maze Castle." The thing said.
"Woeh; it talked." Kuwabara said shocked.
"Those who enter maze Castle must be tried by the Gate of betrayal." The thing said.
"What do you mean tried?" Yusuke asked. The thing suddenly flew out of the hall and into the opening a little ways in front of us. You were about to walk around Hiei, Kurama, Kuwabara, and Yusuke to go forward when the thing pulled down some lever and the ceiling dropped. The five of you struggled to hold it up. Yusuke and Kuwabara were in the front closest to the end of the hall. Kurama was in front of you and Hiei while you and Hiei were in the back, behind everyone.
Hiei's POV
"Heavy isn't it?" the flying eyeball thing asked. "Of course there is a catch. Just enough leeway remains for just one person to escape leaving their friends to be crushed by the weight." The thing explained.
"Damn it." Yusuke said as the ceiling became heavier. I looked around at Kuwabara, Yusuke, Kurama, and the new girl Shanna. I couldn't see Yusuke's face but I could tell that he was having a hard time holding the ceiling up. Kuwabara was struggling though he was trying to make it look like he wasn't. Kurama was doing ok but he like the rest of us wouldn't be able to hold it up forever. Shanna looked worried.
"The decisions must be made quickly." The thing said. "Not even the five of you combined can hold the ceiling for long. Work on teamwork and everyone will be crushed. Only by turning against your friends will one of you be able to escape. Only the traitor among you deserves to enter Maze Castle. That's why it's called the gate of betrayal you see."
"Boy I'd like to get my hands on that bat thing." Kuwabara said as I heard a cracking of bone come from Shanna. I quickly looked towards her, so did Kurama.
"Shanna? You ok?" Kurama asked.
"Y-Yeah." She answered looking down so no one could see the worry and a bit of fear on her face.
"Stay focused on the weight or you'll kill us all." I said to Kuwabara.
"Oh, sure. Blame me. I bet I'm holding up a lot more weight then you are." Kuwabara said back.
'What is she so worried about? She's had a worried look on her face since I met her.' I thought finally deciding to read her thoughts.
Damn it. I can't die here. Genkai would kill me if I did. And what about Sanna? I can't just leave her alone. She doesn't have anyone else. Ok, stay calm and think.' She mentally took a deep breath and let it out. Now, let me think, what did Koenma tell me about each of these guys. Oh, Right! Kurama, he's good with plants. Yusuke is good with spirit energy and has some attack called the 'spirit gun', though he is also human obviously. Kuwabara, also human, has a 'spirit sword' as he calls it. Hiei...What did Koenma tell me about him? Other then the fact he uses a sword. God, come on think. Yes! He's fast. That's it! If he can run over to the switch and pull it down we can get out of here!' Shanna thought looking up. I exited her mind as she looked around at everyone. She finally looked at me; by this time I had looked away and was watching her out of the corner of my eye.
"This has always been my favorite part of the trial. Watching as you squirm as your muscles begin to pop and tare under the ceilings weight. But of course the best is your eyes, seeing the gears of thought turn with desperation, thinking, questioning yourself, 'How long can I hold this?' 'Will I die this way?' 'Will one friend betray us and watch as we flatten? Or should I be the one?'" The thing said.
"Just, ignore that punk. Stick together. And if anyone tries to run, I swear I'll drag them back myself." Kuwabara struggled to say under the weight of the ceiling. The ceiling was quickly getting heavier and I could hear another crack come from Shanna.
"Ha! And I suppose you'd think it was noble if we all died as a team." I laughed.
"That's right." Kuwabara answered.
"Here's a thought, let's shut the hell up and think of a way to try and get out!" Yusuke said.
"Hiei! You’re a lot faster then any of us, we'll hold the ceiling up while you go and flip the switch." Shanna finally explained.
"You crazy? We can't truest that guy! Just look, he doesn't care at all about us!" Kuwabara stated.
"The ugly guy has a good point, onna." I said with a smirk.
"How's ugly? Come here you mouse!" Kuwabara said angrily.
"Are you sure you want to truest me?" I asked Shanna.
"No, but I don't have much of a choice." Shanna stated with a small smile. I heard another one of her bones in her right shoulder crack again. If we didn't get out soon her right arm would be useless.
"I've already vowed my revenge on the detective. Maybe I'll handle that now." I stated.
"Yeah, but I don't think quick deaths are your style." Yusuke said butting in with a smile.
"I'll let out all of the power I can to by us a little time while you run to the switch, just don't trip." Shanna stated. I ran towards the switch, I heard Shanna's shoulder crack again the minute I let go of the ceiling. I stopped at the switch.
Your POV
The bone in your right shoulder were cracking under the weight of the ceiling. Hiei had run over to the switch. He was about to pull it when he suddenly stopped. He turned around.
"What's the deal? Pull the stupid switch already!" Kuwabara yelled. Sweat ran down your face as your continued to let out all of your energy and power to hold up the ceiling. Yusuke was doing the same with his spirit energy.
"There is no need to make snap judgments my friend. What have they ever done for you? Leave them and you can come with me into the castle. With the invasion of earth, the four saint beasts will control the future. Be smart; join us, perhaps you could be the general of our demon army." The thing said.
"Don't you dare, you creep! If it weren't for our help then you'd still be screaming with the rest of us!" Kuwabara called.
'God, Hiei. Pull the switch already!' you thought begging. He laughed evilly while turning away from the switch and to face us.
"What are you laughing about?!" Kuwabara asked.
"Take a guess you fool." Hiei said.
"Damn you." Kuwabara said back.
"Yes, you find amusement in their pain; now imagine the satisfaction that will come from their final screams." The thing said to Hiei.
'Hiei! Don't be stupid! I may not know you very well, but come on! You don't seem like you'd be the stupid type so don't act like it!' you thought as the ceiling became heavier. Suddenly your shoulder popped out of the socket causing you to scream and let go of the ceiling holding your shoulder in pain.
"Hiei!" Kuwabara called hearing your scream. Everyone had turned to look at you, but you didn't care. You may be a demon but it still hurt like hell.
"A wise choice, the bolder would have crushed you anyway." The thing said.
"Thanks for the clue!" Hiei said jumping up and cutting the thing in the eye. Then Hiei went over to the switch and lifted it up. The ceiling stopped and a bolder came down from the ceiling.
"He came through!" Yusuke said. "Hiei!" he called as the bolder 'hit' Hiei. All of you came out from under the ceiling that had stopped moving and looked to see if Hiei was ok. Yusuke had carried you out. You were still holding your shoulder. Hiei was standing on top of the bolder.
"Tell your masters, that this is their chance to best for mercy." Hiei said as the thing started to fly away. Yusuke sighed in relief.
"Yusuke, thanks, but you can put me down now." You said still holding your shoulder.
"You sure?" he asked. You nodded with a smile.
"Yeah. I need to fix my shoulder and I can't do that with you holding me." You said with a laugh. Yusuke nodded and put you down. You quickly put your arm back in the arm socket causing you to scream. Kurama was kneeling next to you.
"Hey, are you alright?" Kuwabara asked you after a minute.
"Yeah. I'll be fine. Just give me a hand." You said. Kuwabara walked over to you and helped you stand up with the help of Kurama also. "Thanks." You said smiling. Hiei jumped down from his spot on the top of the bolder.
"I knew you'd save us, you punk." Yusuke said with a wink and thumbs up. Yusuke walked up to Hiei. "But, you did have me worried. Hell of an actor." He said putting his hand on Hiei's shoulder. "You know, not everyone can pretend to laugh at their dying friends." Yusuke explained.
"Ha! Friends are just a crutch for the weak." Hiei said walking away. Yusuke laughed. "And I wasn't acting." Hiei finished.
"Say what?" Kuwabara asked confused.
"Don't confuse it, the only reason I saved was because I might need your help." Hiei explained walking away again.
"It's his way of saying your welcome. You will learn." Kurama explained.
"Right." Yusuke said.
"Well, he still ticks me off." Kuwabara said.
Your POV
The five us had made it into the castle and past the gate of betrayal. We were walking down a hall when Yusuke's pants started to ring. Yusuke pulled a compact out of his left hand pocket and opened it up.
"What is that thing? Is it safe?" Kuwabara asked looking at the compact.
"It's just the communication mirror that I got from Boton." Yusuke said opening the compact to revel a small screen, some buttons, and a small speaker just below the screen.
"Hello, Yusuke." Boton said with a victory or peace sign. "It's Boton here in the living world, do you copy?" she asked.
"Yeah –" Yusuke was cut off by Kuwabara.
"Hey, what's up, Boton? This is the brave Kuwabara at your service. I'm taking very good care of Urameshi." Kuwabara said.
"I'm so glad to hear that." Boton said with a sweat drop. "I've got things under control here as well, more or less. The Makai insects only like to nest in depressed people's minds. That narrows down my search a bit. I've also found another spy from the saint beasts. I just can't figure out how their getting past the barrier. See, I think their demons from outside the city that are taking orders along the wall." Boton explained.
"Watch out!" Yusuke and Kuwabara said as a demon came up behind Boton. She hit the demon in the head with her metal baseball bat. The demon fell to the ground again.
"Don't worry. Those guys are weaklings. The real challenge is finding those Makai insects. I've only found 15 of those buggers and I've been searching for nearly an entire day." Boton explained.
"Don't worry baby, you'll Oh!" Kuwabara started but was cut off by Yusuke punching him a few times.
"15? That's not much help." Yusuke explained.
"Yusuke, fighting people controlled by the insect," she started hitting the demon that was on the ground as he started to stand up. "It takes time. That's why you need to get the whistle." Boton finished.
"Ok, we're trying. But this castle is kinda rough." Yusuke stated.
"Well of course it is. No one has ever survived before." Boton said hanging up. After Yusuke hang up and we began walking down the hall again. Yusuke seemed to be deep in thought.
'Well, I'm definitely going to survive. I can't leave Sanna alone. Not like they did to me.' You thought.
"Kurama." Yusuke said after a little while. "What do you know about these four saint people?" he asked. "Boton pushed us down that hole like a couple of cows, and I didn't get to ask her." Yusuke stated as he stopped walking. The rest of us stopped as well.
"She wouldn't have told you much I'm afraid. Even since the barrier wall was raised around this city spirit world intelligence nearly forgot this place existed." Kurama explained.
"What do you know?" Kuwabara asked.
"Lets just say, when you see their bodies, you may be very surprised." Kurama finished.
"Terrified." A low demonic voice came. We looked around but saw no one. "Isn't that who right it?" the voice said again.
"Hey, who said that?" Kuwabara asked trying to hide his fear. The voice laughed evilly.
"There is a door behind you, please, take it." The voice said as a door appeared behind us. Yusuke and Kuwabara pushed the door open.
"Ladies first." Yusuke said.
"Thanks." You said rolling your eyes before you walked into the room. Hiei, Kurama, Yusuke, and Kuwabara fallowed after you. As you looked around you noticed that the entire room was made of stone. In the far end of the room was a stair case. Yusuke picked up a torch that was on one of the many pillars in the room and threw it on the floor a little ways in front of all of us. A shadow appeared. The five of us looked to see to whom the shadow belonged too. The shadow belonged to a demon made entirely of rock. The demons eyes seemed to glow gold or yellow.
"Welcome trespassers." Said the demon.
"Ok, I'm surprised." Kuwabara said, again trying to hide his fear.
"I am Genbu of the four saint beasts. Do you have any requests before you die?" the demon known as Genbu asked.
"Yeah, tell me how a beast is a saint cause I'm lost." Yusuke said.
"This stairwell is the only way to the castle tower." The demon Genbu started. We all looked towards the stairwell in the far end of the room. The stairwell was behind Genbu. "You can either defeat me and go up on your own or be dragged their once you've stopped breathing." Genbu said smashing his rock hard tail against the floor in front of him. "Why don't you all attack me at once? Then the last one left won't feel lonely." he suggested.
"He's a rock Urameshi! How are we suppose to fight against a talking rock?" Kuwabara exclaimed.
'A rock...Ok. From what I know, rock demons aren't very strong but their ability to surprise and attack with their body is amazing. I won't say anything yet. I don't wanna tell him false information and have him get hurt because of it.' You thought as Kurama stepped forward.
"I will fight him." Kurama said.
"Are you sure?" Yusuke asked.
"It would be ill-advised for all of us to fight without first knowing his power." Kurama stated. "Besides, I can hardly let Hiei get all the credit for this mission, now can I?" Kurama finished looking back at Hiei. Hiei looked away now only looking at Kurama out of the corner of him eye. Kurama then turned back towards Genbu and started to walk towards him.
"You want to die one by one? I can do that too." Genbu said.
"Hey, would it be better to try and lore him back down to that drop down ceiling or something?" Yusuke asked.
"Obviously you are under estimating Kurama. Do you know why I chose him to be my partner? It was to avoid fighting him myself." Hiei stated "Watch, he is more cut-throat in battle then I am and unbelievably precise." Hiei said watching as Kurama walked up to the demon; Genbu. Yusuke turned away from Hiei and back to Kurama.
"You know Hiei, I don't wanna sound rude or nosy or anything but you really do speak quite highly of Kurama. May I ask why?" you asked looking at him curiously hoping that he'll answer.
"No." he said. You shrugged and turned back towards the fight.
"I don't know guys. He's still a talking rock." Kuwabara said bighting his index finger.
"Sir, the first move is yours." Kurama said to Genbu. Neither Genbu nor Kurama moved. Suddenly Yusuke gasped.
"Hey, stone mans doing something freaky with his tail!" Yusuke yelled to Kurama. Yusuke had also pointed to how Genbu's tail was merging with the ground below him. Kurama quickly turned around upon hearing this. Genbu's tail had surfaced from the ground behind Kurama. He tried to dodge but got hit across the stomach.
"Kurama!" Yusuke called.
"Thanks for my body's structure; I can become one with any type of rock." Genbu explained laughing evilly. "With a little rearranging I can make any stone my tail." He continued.
'So, it's true! I gotta tell Kurama!' you screamed to yourself.
"Yeah, we're in trouble." Kuwabara said.
"And since this whole chamber is made of stone I have you surrounded. There's no where to run!" Genbu yelled. Kurama stood up from his kneeling position on the floor. Kurama's stomach was bleeding. He looked like he was in pain as he held his stomach with his right arm.
"Oh, man, now he's wounded." Yusuke said as Kuwabara was bighting his finger nails.
"Maybe we should help." Kuwabara suggested.
"No need. I've been hurt, but he will not take me by surprise again." Kurama said.
"Ha! Wait until you see the full state of my power. Then you won't be so confident." Genbu said confidently.
'He thinks highly of himself, that's for sure.' You thought with a sweat drop. Suddenly Genbu started submerging into the ground beneath him.
"He's going to put himself into the floor." Yusuke stated as he watched Genbu disappear.
"Do something Kurama!" Kuwabara called nervously. When Genbu was complete submerged within the rock everything became quiet. As if listening for something that you knew you would not hear. Yusuke and Kuwabara looked around nervously. Yusuke growled.
"Now he could be any where." Yusuke stated.
"I can't even sense Genbu's energy." Kuwabara informed us. Kurama never moved.
"Kurama! He's going to appear behind you!" you yelled franticly. Kurama's eyes grew wide in realization and he started to turn around as Genbu appeared behind him.
"Same old trick." Kurama muttered under his breath as he dodged Genbu's punch. As Kurama dodged Genbu's tail came up behind Kurama again.
"Watch for his tail!" Yusuke screamed.
"He's getting attacked from both sides!" Kuwabara stated. As Genbu attacked Kurama from the front and his tail attacked Kurama from the back. Genbu tried to punch Kurama again as his tail tried to take a swipe at him while Kurama dodged the punch. Kurama had successfully dodged both Genbu and his tail and landed safely on the floor. When Kurama looked up again Genbu had already submerged himself into the floor again.
"Where'd that freak go now?" Kuwabara asked looking around. Kurama gasped again and jumped away from where he was kneeling just as Genbu came out of the floor and tried to grab Kurama. When Genbu missed he sent his tail after Kurama. Kurama easily dodged.
'Kurama is just as I've heard. He's smart. He can easily predict Genbu's next move. But he still needs to be careful.' You thought. After the attack Genbu submerged himself within the floor again. We could hear Genbu's laugh even after he had submerged himself within the flooring.
"You'll never defeat me by just running away." Genbu said laughing.
'Kurama isn't running. He's planning what to do next. He's figuring out your fighting style.' You thought knowingly.
"Yes, Genbu, I believe your right." Kurama said smiling.
'I was right.' You thought with a smirk as you watched Kurama carefully. Kurama suddenly pulled a rose out from his hair.
"Wha? A flower?" Yusuke asked confused.
"Now that's weird. If he's trying to win the beast over I don't think that's such a good idea." Kuwabara said. Hiei laughed.
"It's no ordinary flower." Said Kurama as all the petals started to come off and float around him. Kurama stood up. "Rose Whip!" he said as the rose turned into a whip.
"Well, everything's coming up roses." Said Yusuke.
"It smells girly. I don't think I like it." Kuwabara stated,
"Girly? I'm a girl so do I smell like some stupid flower to you?" you asked irritated with Kuwabara's way of thinking.
"Well, I, um, I just, no. I just meant –" Kuwabara started but you cut him off.
"Save it." you said seriously through gritted teeth getting angry with Kuwabara's nonsense. You should have just kept your big mouth shut. Genbu began to laugh again.
"You still don't understand your problem." Genbu started. "What good will that do if you can't tell where I am?" he noted.
"Yes, not being able to find you is a problem." Kurama said smiling. Genbu groaned.
"You just can't be scared can you?" Genbu asked flatly. "Well, I'll soon change that." he finished. Kurama suddenly jumped up.
"Found you." Kurama said as Genbu emerged from the ceiling. Kurama whipped Genbu with his rose whip.
"It's over. The thorns on Kurama's whip can cut through any substance, including solid stone." Hiei explained with a smirk.
'Your wrong, Hiei. He may be a weak low life demon, but he's still a stone demon. He can brake apart.' You thought watching.
"Rose whip lash!" Kurama said as he whipped Genbu multiple times from multiple angles. Genbu's body fell apart. Yusuke and Kuwabara gasped.
"How did you find me?" the severed head of Genbu asked.
"Your smell, after filling the room with the rose's sweet aroma your putrid odor was easy for me to find." Kurama explained. Genbu went silent. It looked as if he was dead as he lied there in a million pieces. Yusuke and Kuwabara ran u to Kurama while Hiei and you walked up to him.
"Well, that's not fair. Why is it that none of my fights can end that quickly?" Yusuke asked.
"You beat him in one blow. Now that's what I call a win." Kuwabara said.
"You idiots, it only looked easy because Kurama was the one fighting. If you had fought, you would have died in under a minute." Hiei said.
"Why does everything you say make me want to bash your face in?" Kuwabara asked making a fist.
"Hn." Hiei said.
"Listen, I just happen to place third in master Genkai's fighting tournament. The only ones to beat me were yusuke and an evil monster." Kuwabara explained proudly.
"What's your point?" Hiei asked not really caring.
"You little -" Kuwabara started as he grabbed the front of Hiei's cloak.
"Children!" Yusuke started. "Would you mind saving it for the bad guys?" Kuwabara let go of Hiei.
"Ok. Fine, but he started it." Kuwabara mumbled.
"You know, Hiei, you think just as highly of yourself as Genbu thinks of himself." You said with a smirk turning your head away from Hiei though still looking at him through the corner of your eye.
"What did you say, wench?" Hiei asked angrily.
"Oh, nothing." You said smiling.
"I do believe Shanna's right, Hiei." Kurama said with a smile. You giggled at Hiei's expression. He looked irritated and angry.
"Ok, I guess now we go up the stairs." Yusuke said looking towards you and Kurama. The Kurama nodded as Yusuke headed for the stairs.
"Wrong." You said making everyone turn around and look at you. "You all are complete fools to not know a thing about stone demons. The can break apart and put themselves back together. It's called regenerating." You explained making Kurama gasp as Genbu laughed.
"It seems my fight is not over." Kurama answered. Yusuke looked at Kurama. We all then looked at Genbu who was putting himself back together again. Genbu laughed.
"A smart girl you are. For being an outcast." Genbu started.
"Shut up!" you yelled angrily. Everyone except Genbu looked at you oddly. You didn't seem like someone who would snap at someone like that.
"Um guys, I think he's...uh...Putting himself back to...uh...together." Kuwabara stuttered.
"You can disassemble me all you like; I'll come back together every time, just as the little girl said. Actually it makes for a very nice attack." Genbu said as his hands, arms, and head came off and headed for Kurama.
"Rose whip lash!" Kurama said cutting up Genbu's arms, hands, and his head. All the piece broke into nothing but pebbles as the were hit.
"Right in the head. Let's see him come back now." Yusuke said triumphantly. Genbu laughed again as he put himself back together.
"Don't you listen at all, Yusuke?" you asked with a sigh.
"Want to try again?" Genbu asked.
"Ok, that was luck." Yusuke said making you roll your eyes. You gave up. Yusuke didn't listen to 2 words.
"Let end this. How'd you like to be stoned to death?" Genbu asked putting his arms out as all of his body parts went flying at Kurama. Kurama was able to dodge but while doing so he noticed a glowing red stone that was in the middle of all the other rocks. When all the stones and rocks had gone past Kurama they turned around and came back at him.
"Kurama!" Yusuke called. Kurama saw the red stone again and obviously knowing what would happen he stood in the middle of all the flying rocks. He whipped as many of the rock as he good. But was still hit but many of them as they went by. "What the hells he doing? He's going to get killed." Yusuke said worriedly as Kurama was hit full force by the stones and rocks. But luckily for Kurama, it was not in vain. He had successfully gotten that glowing red stone as it went by.
"You're not even fighting back now. Those blows must have made you insane." Genbu said as he put himself back together. Kurama chuckled upon seeing what Genbu looked like without the red stone. "Yes, now I'm sure of it. Now you're laughing at nothing." Genbu said not realizing what he himself looked like without that glowing red rock. "Wha? Hey wait, how did you get on the ceiling?" Genbu asked very much confused. "Uh, what's wrong?" Yusuke and Kuwabara busted out laughing at the was Genbu now looked. You even let out a small laugh while shaking your head. You almost felt back for the demon. Almost. Genbu's head was upside down and in between his legs; his tail was coming out from his side, etc.
"I've heard of brass balls before, but come on!" yusuke said laughing so hard he was crying.
"Yeah, I'd like to see him use the toilet!" Kuwabara stated laughing just as hard as Yusuke. You couldn't help but laugh too. Not as hard as them though.
"What did you do to me?" Genbu asked.
"I took this." Kurama said showing Genbu the glowing red rock he had taken.
"Uh, what's that?" asked Genbu as he looked at the glowing rock.
"I believe this is the equivalent of the hypothalamus portion of your brain. It regulates all the functions of your body including the process of putting you back together." Kurama explained.
"Uh, but," Genbu started
"It seems to relay an energy signal when you separate, making it very easy to find." Kurama said.
"You can't do this, give it back to me!" Genbu said. Kurama then threw the rock up into the air. "Give it back!!" Genbu yelled one last time.
"Fair well." Kurama said seriously as he cut the rock in two. A bright yellow gold light came from Genbu as he turned into nothing but pebbles on the ground.
"I don't think he liked that." Kuwabara said,
"Good work, Kurama." Yusuke said turning to look at Kurama as he fell to his knees hold his stomach. "Are you ok?" Yusuke asked as him and Kuwabara ran over to him.
"If Kurama is injured then we're going to have some problems." Hiei said as he walked up. You were fallowing right behind him.
"I'm sorry, Yusuke." Kurama said looking up at Yusuke.
"Na, you've earned yourself a break anyways." Yusuke explained.
"Yeah, I'll handle the next one." Kuwabara said.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment