Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The Next Saint Beast

Shanna a 15 year old wolf demon who lives in human world. What happens when Koenma finds out that she's there and the only way she can stay in human world is to help him whenever he needs it? What missions will she go on and who will she meet?

Chapter 3 - The Next Saint Beast

Chapter 3 - The Next Saint Beast
Kurama's POV
I fallowed Yusuke, Shanna, Kuwabara, and Hiei up the stairs. At the top of the stairs was a hall. We all walked down the hall for a while but stopped at a window for a slight rest. Hiei was saying I couldn't fight anymore during this mission because of the wound in my stomach.
"We only have four fighters left and one of them is worthless." Hiei was saying.
"Hey, don't be so hard on yourself short stuff." Kuwabara said.
"Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I think he meant you." Yusuke said.
"Is that so? Then maybe I should show you something." Kuwabara said turning around to face us all again. "What do you think I was doing over the last six months while you were off training with Genkai, letting you get better then me? No way!" Kuwabara stated putting his hand in front of him. His hand started to glow a whitish yellow. "Spirit sword!" Kuwabara yelled the light around his hand turning into a sword. Then he started to show off with his sword.
"Hey, watch it!" Yusuke yelled backing up when Kuwabara pointed his spirit sword at him. Kuwabara pulled it back and held it up in front of him.
Your POV
'That's it! Genkai! That's why Yusuke seems so familiar! He was Genkai's student for 6 months! He lived with us for 6 months and I didn't know.' You thought feeling really stupid now. You clearly had a mental sweat drop so big you could have sworn that it could be seen by everyone.
"You see what I've learned Urameshi. I don't have to use the tip of that wooden sword to make it work anymore. It's just my pure energy and I bet it can kick the crap out of your spirit gun." Kuwabara said happily.
"That depends on what finger I use." Yusuke said putting up his middle finger.
"Well, as it turns out he's only partially worthless." Hiei corrected.
"Ok, wanna die?" asked Kuwabara angrily. Hiei smirked.
"I dare you." Said Hiei.
"Hey!" Yusuke said putting a hand in front of Kuwabara.
"Yeah, yeah, let him lives. I'm sure he'll be saying sorry after he sees what else I can do." Kuwabara said annoyed while pointing his sword at Hiei. "Sword get long!" Kuwabara called as his sword suddenly got longer.
"Wow, it even comes with a spear attachment." Said Yusuke sarcastically, Kuwabara laughed.
"I can make it any size I want it to be." Kuwabara stated happily while making his sword disappear again. "I know when Genbu showed up I got a little - what's the word – freaked, but that's not gonna happen from now on my friends because Kuwabara's got the good stuff." Kuwabara explained highly. Suddenly Kuwabara fell backwards and onto the floor. Yusuke ran up and looked at him. "Don't worry guys; it's just sometimes the sword makes me a little dizzy."
"You're not making us look good." Yusuke told Kuwabara angrily. Just then Yusuke communication mirror began to ring. Yusuke stood up and reached into his pocket and took it out. He opened the compact to see a very stressed looking Boton.
"Yusuke, you've got to hurry." She started but stopped and turned around.
"What's the matter, Boton?" Yusuke asked worriedly as he watched her kill three more Makai insects.
"Listen Yusuke, I think the saint beasts have launched another wave of insects. I found a whole batch by an elementary school." She explained nervously.
"They're taking over kids now?" Yusuke asked.
"That's right."
"I thought you said that these insects only liked to take over the minds of depressed people."
"That's because depressed people are more easily influenced. The same is also true for children. But if the bugs get into them, I'm afraid -" she stopped and looked up. She fell back screaming as another Makai controlled person came up to her.
"Ok, you're afraid, I get it, now finish your sentence." Yusuke said to her.
"I'm sorry Yusuke, but I'm being chased now." She said back.
"You're being chased? By whom?" he asked as Kuwabara went up to stand by Yusuke.
"By another guy under the control of the Makai insects, and this one looks especially unfriendly." She said as she ran.
"Just keep running!" Yusuke yelled.
"I've knocked out all the other victims by sneaking up on them." She said leaning against a door. Suddenly someone punched a hole through the door and Boton dropped the compact.
"Well, can't you call for help or something?"
"Or run away!" Kuwabara butted in. By this time you and Kurama was watching Boton on the compact too.
"Hey Boton? Boton!" Yusuke called after she dropped the compact and they couldn't see what was happening. Boton sighed as she picked up the compact. "Oh, wow, you got him."
"Well, I'm not making a career out of this. You go and find that whistle before I have to fight this entire city." She answered.
"Right." Yusuke answered back. There was suddenly a giant roar that shook the entire floor and walls.
Kurama's POV
"Come on!" Yusuke said running the rest of the way down the hall with Kuwabara, Shanna, and Hiei fallowing. I ran the rest of the way down the hall as well. The end of the hall led to a flight of stairs which we all took. When we reached the top of the stair case we were outside. Byakko was standing on a pillar in front of the next flight of stairs that we had to take.I had been thinking about Shanna and what she knew about Genbu.
'How did she know so much about a stone demon? For once I'll admit that she knew more then me about a demon. But from what I know she lives in human world not demon. She even told us that she was only helping with this mission because she wanted to stay in human world. But why? She's obviously hiding something. It became obvious when she snapped at Genbu when he called her an outcast. Why did he call her that though? That's the part I don't understand.' I thought. I had been so lost in my thought and questions that I hadn't noticed that now there was a small walk way where the large floor had been. The small walk way led up to a bigger area and to Byakko. Kuwabara was saying how he was going to fight the white tiger. I had to admit that I was a little shocked to come back to reality and see that.
"Monster thinks he's so tough." Kuwabara stated.
"Kuwabara –" Yusuke began but was cut off by Kuwabara pushing him.
"Step off." He said.
"Damn it." Yusuke mumbled mostly to himself.
"You really think you can beat him?" Hiei asked.
"Well, of course, half pint. In fact I'm not scared at all." Kuwabara answered.
"So, I guess your legs are shaking out of eagerness." Yusuke pointed out.
"Leave me alone, Urameshi. I'm just scared of heights." Kuwabara lied.
"This isn't the time to pretend you're tough." Yusuke informed him.
"Just let me fight and this'll be over real quick. Then we all can stop fighting and move on. In case you forgot, but we REALLY don't have time for this. Or did you forget?" Shanna explained.
"No way!" he answered. Shanna sighed in defeat.
"Whatever. But when you loose I'm fighting." she stated a bit irritated.
"Fine! But just so you know, I'm not gonna loose!" he said back to her over confidently then began walked towards Byakko.
"You, you don't believe you can over power me with just one human do you?" Byakko asked angrily.
"Let's fight Byakko monster!" Kuwabara called. Byakko growled but after a few seconds busted out laughing.
"Oh, please, I can't stay angry if you make me laugh." Byakko exclaimed between laughs.
"I'm serious! Come down here so I can knock your lights out." Kuwabara said punching his hand.
"Stop it. I can beat you with nothing but the little hairs on my main." Byakko stated.
"Oh, really?" Kuwabara said as Byakko yanked out four pieces of hair from his main and blew on them while letting them go. There was a bright light and four green monsters fell from where the light slowly disappeared. All four of the monsters landed in front of Kuwabara.
"These beasts are a small part of myself. Like me they are hungry. And you are the perfect meat. They don't like sharing either so you may be in the middle of a little tug-of-war." Byakko explained as the four beasts attacked Kuwabara. Kuwabara got four large deep gashes on his chest by one of the four beasts. He fell to the ground.
"Kuwabara!" Yusuke yelled as Kuwabara stood up.
"That was a freebie." Kuwabara said making his spirit sword. "Spirit sword!"
"Ahh, so you can use your spirit energy as a weapon." Byakko said mostly to himself. "Very impressive, but I'm afraid it won't aid in your survival for very long!" Byakko yelled as his monsters came at Kuwabara again.
Your POV
You watched as Kuwabara blocked the monsters attacks with his sword. It was almost like the same seen was playing over and over again as you watched. Kuwabara kept blocking and trying to cut the monsters with his spirit sword, the monsters would keep attacking him and keep dodging all of his attacks. This went on for a little while. Kuwabara would once in a while try to face them head on and would end up getting hurt.
"He has no strategy; he swings his sword with the grace of a fly swatter. That's no way to survive." Hiei complemented as we all watched Kuwabara fighting for his life.
"You know Hiei, I think you're right. It's a sword, not a fly swatter. He needs to learn the difference." You stated with a sigh.
"Kuwabara! Let me take them instead! I know you want to fight this one, but there's way too many to swing a sword at! My shot-gun blast just makes more sense ok? Come on, Kuwabara! Please!" Yusuke yelled begging as we watched Kuwabara get cuts and gashes all over his body from the way those monsters kept coming at him. Those monsters were relentless. It's as if they never tire out.
"If you're going to take the time to switch you all might as well fight me at once. After all, nothing gives me more pleasure then a big group kill." Byakko laughed.
"Well, you know, we're not here to entertain you. Or maybe you're just too stupid to comprehend that." You laughed.
"Ok, Kuwabara, I don't care if you retreat or not, I'm coming in to help!" Yusuke yelled and started towards Kuwabara. You grabbed yusuke arm. He quickly turned around and looked at you angrily. "What?"
Yusuke's POV
"If you go in now, Kuwabara won't ever forgive you. We need his help and you never know when you might need his help in the future. Let it go. He's not going to die. Not now." Shanna said confidently. I gave in. She was right. I nodded in defeat and she let go of my arm. After that she continued to watch Kuwabara as if nothing had happened. I to turned back towards Kuwabara's battle.
Your POV
"He's right!" Kuwabara suddenly yelled and started running towards you all.
"There, you see, in the end the fool runs away." Hiei said.
"He won't make it." Kurama said sadly.
"Don't worry; I'll go as soon as he screams for help." Yusuke said. Byakko laughed as he watched Kuwabara flee.
"You know you can't escape." Genbu said. Kuwabara suddenly stopped in his steps and turned around.
"Who in the world said anything about escaping?" Kuwabara asked. The monsters that were fallowing Kuwabara stopped also. "Sword get longer!" he screamed as his sword got longer. The sword went through all the monsters linking them all together. "It's true, I couldn't win by swinging my sword, but I could win by stabbing it once I got all four of these suckers lined up." He laughed.
"Nice one, Kuwabara." Yusuke complemented.
"Yes, he actually did something clever." Hiei agreed.
"Watch it Hiei." Kuwabara said darkly. "No use getting jealous just cause I'm good." he finished smiling.
"But what are you gonna do no?" Yusuke asked pointing to the monsters that were stuck on Kuwabara's sword.
"Um, I don't know." Kuwabara answered. Byakko laughed.
"Those monsters are still a part of me and even though they're chained up doesn't mean they can't chase you down. They just need more energy!" Byakko yelled as the beasts became stronger. Kuwabara started running towards you all while still holding his swords so the monsters were coming with him. Kuwabara started running around the staircase door that you had come out of.
"Do you think he knows it's a circle?" Hiei asked as you watched Kuwabara run around the pillar.
"I'm not sure actually." You stated watching Kuwabara. When Kuwabara reached a point sometime around, he linked the two ends of his sword together so that the monsters couldn't go anywhere.
"You just twist and seal." Kuwabara said smiling.
"I don't believe this." Byakko mumbled.
"That's a little move I like to call the spirit sword monster beast doughnut." Kuwabara stated as we stared at the monsters. Hiei sighed.
"Idiot." Said Hiei.
"Definitely." You said.
"I think monster beast doughnut is a perfect name." Kurama said.
"Whatever, Kurama." You said smiling and rolling your eyes.
"Excuse me sir, I don't like this one, you got chocolate with sprinkles?" Yusuke said to Byakko. Byakko growled angrily.
"My own pray mocks me, I will not tolerate that." Byakko growled.
"You best get ready to tolerate a lot more, you poor excuse for a cat." Kuwabara insulted.
"My own pray, I can not allow this disgrace to continue." Byakko growled out then yelled. A bolt of lightning hit the pillar where Kuwabara had chained together the four monsters. The five of you watched at the pillar was reduced to just about nothing.
"Tare up the castle as much as you want that doesn't change the fact that you monsters are beat and you're about to be next." Kuwabara said confidently as he walked up to where Byakko was.
"Stupid human, I'm the white tiger Byakko, one of the four saint beasts, and the greatest predator who ever lived." Byakko informed us.
"Yeah, yeah, I think you said that already, and I'm Kuwabara, so let's go!" Kuwabara called. Byakko jumped down from the pillar he was on and landed in front of Kuwabara. Byakko was growling none stop now.
"What are the odds Kuwabara starts calling for him mommy?" Yusuke asked.
"Ha! I can smell your fear. Clearly your body knows something your brain does not." Byakko said.
"What's that?" Kuwabara asked
"If your swords you're most powerful weapon then you can not hurt me. To tell you the trueth you'd be better off attacking me with your little finger nails." Byakko answered.
"Well, I'm sorry if I don't believe you!" Kuwabara said as he charged at Byakko with his sword in front of him. Kuwabara cut right through Byakko. He didn't even try to dodge. You all looked at where Byakko had been cut, there was no mark. "How's that?" he asked. Byakko pulled back his fist and tried to throw a punch at Kuwabara, but he dodged by jumping backwards. Kuwabara tried to cut Byakko again but it still didn't do anything.
"Ok, maybe the tiger will be calling home." Yusuke said.
"Something's wrong." Kurama pointed out.
"Yes." Hiei said back agreeing.
"What do they mean?" Yusuke asked Kurama.
"Try looking closely at the two fighters." Kurama started. Yusuke did. "Judging from the attacks Kuwabara's obviously had the upper hand but by the looks of them it's as if Kuwabara's taking all the blows." Kurama explained never taking his eyes off of the fight. Kuwabara look extremely tired while Byakko looked fine. Kuwabara was panting heavily.
"Look at Byakko. Watch as Kuwabara hits him with his spirit sword. Then look at Kuwabara's sword. Do you see what's happening?" You asked.
"Could it be?" Hiei started. Yusuke gasped.
"Byakko's size, it's increasing." Kurama said. "Now I see, look own at Kuwabara's spirit sword." Kurama told us.
"What the?" Kuwabara asked looking at his own sword. It was small. It was even too small to be a dagger.
"It's getting smaller." Yusuke said.
"Exactly." You said.
"He's stealing Kuwabara's energy." Kurama said. Kuwabara gasped while Byakko began to laugh.
"You finally caught me." He said. "I've been feeding off of every slash of your sword." He continued as Kuwabara took a few steps back then made his spirit sword bigger again but then falling to his knees. After a minute Kuwabara stood back up.
"Kuwabara! Are you crazy? Hit him again and he'll just get bigger! Kuwabara! Don't be stupid!" Yusuke yelled but Kuwabara ignored him.
'He's as stubborn as a mule. He's going to get himself killed one day. He just doesn't know when to give up.' You thought with a sigh.
"Leave me alone Urameshi nothings going to make me stop fighting now!" Kuwabara said charging at Byakko with his spirit sword yet again.
'He's either a real idiot, or he knows how to defeat Byakko.' You thought watching as Kuwabara was literally giving his energy to Byakko.
"I'm never gonna give up on this fight." Kuwabara started. He was breathing hard and Byakko was just getting bigger. Kuwabara's spirit sword was barely big enough to be a dagger now. He was almost completely out of spirit energy. "No matter how big you get." He said as Byakko took a step towards him.
"So, are you sure?" Yusuke asked. Kurama gasped.
"Positive. Kuwabara is helping him." He answered.
"This doesn't make any sense." Kuwabara stated looking at his sword that was barely big enough to be a dagger. Byakko laughed.
"Why is it so hard to understand, human? Your weapon is made of pure energy and it's feeding my spirits apatite like a fresh slab of red meat. Unless you want to keep making me bigger and stronger then I suggest you throw down your sword." Byakko said.
"No way." Kuwabara said confidently while making his sword full sized again.
"So, this is your plan, to feed me?" Byakko asked sarcastically.
"That's right." Kuwabara answered charging at Byakko with his sword again.
"Let's go!" Byakko said going after Kuwabara. Kuwabara stabbed his sword into Byakko's mouth when he roared.
"All right!" Yusuke said.
"This may...Not be good." Kurama said watching the battle. Byakko started sucking up Kuwabara's spirit energy.
"No, he can't." Kuwabara said not wanting to face the fact that Byakko was taking his spirit energy.
"Just let go." Yusuke said to no one in particular. A few moments later Kuwabara's spirit sword was completely gone. Byakko had taken all of his spirit energy. Kuwabara fell to the ground. Byakko laughed as Kuwabara tried to stand up.
"Thanks." Byakko said rubbing his stomach. "You had more spirit energy on your bones then I thought. Eating all of it nearly got me full." He said as Kuwabara sat up.
"I'm not done yet." Kuwabara said trying to make his sword and stand up.
"Oh, man. This looks bad. It looks like his spirit sword had a down size." Yusuke said.
"I dare you to come closer." Kuwabara said holding up his spirit sword which was more like a spirit dagger.
"Ha! You can't even stand up anymore. You are nothing but a wounded animal." Byakko said lifting up his huge foot and kicking Kuwabara. Kuwabara flow through the air and landed a few feet away from the edge of the ground. If he went too much further he would fall of and onto the trees far below. "Crushing you will be the perfect exercise after my giant meal." Byakko stated walking up to where Kuwabara lay on the ground. "As soon as there's room in my stomach that's where you'll go!" he said laughing.
"I'm not so sure I can crack jokes about this. Kuwabara's really gonna get killed now." Yusuke stated his eyes never leaving Kuwabara.
"No, there is a way." Kurama stepped in still watching the fight.
"Well then say it." Yusuke said looking at Kurama.
"Byakko's body stopped expanding half way through that attack. That indicates vulnerability." You explained.
"So you mean he has a weakness."
"Don't get the boy's hopes up, Kurama, Shanna." Hiei butted in.
"I am simply saying there is a chance." Kurama stated.
"Yes Kurama, maybe if you were the one fighting. But that fool will never be able to see it." Hiei retorted as Byakko picked Kuwabara up by the front of his shirt.
"You once said you wanted to die." Byakko started while punching Kuwabara and letting him go so that he could fly and crash into the ground. Kuwabara tried to get up.
"Darn." Kuwabara said sitting up again panting.
"You told your puny human friend that you'd never stop fighting until I came down here and killed you myself, remember?" Byakko asked walking up to Kuwabara again. "In the end you'll get exactly what you asked for. Remember that when I claw you into shreds."
"No, it turns out I have something else on my mind." Kuwabara said making his spirit sword again.
'What is going through that idiots head? Has he realized how to defeat Byakko?' you thought curiously.
"Don't be worried. I'm quick to the kill!" Byakko yelled getting ready to bring his claws down on Kuwabara. Kuwabara quickly stood up and charged at him with his full sized spirit sword in hand. Byakko grabbed Kuwabara's sword but Kuwabara was able to get it out of Byakko's grasp. Kuwabara stepped to the side and put more sprit energy into his sword and charged at Byakko again with his spirit sword in front of him. Kuwabara stabbed Byakko in his stomach. Spirit energy was spilling out of Byakko where the sword pierced.
"Wait Kuwabara, don't be stupid! Kurama says there's still a way to beat him!" Yusuke yelled as all of Kuwabara's energy was taken by Byakko. Kuwabara fell to the ground no longer having any energy to keep himself on his feet. "Kuwabara." Yusuke said upon watching this. Byakko groaned rubbing his stomach as he looked down at Kuwabara who lay motionless on the ground in front of him.
"You filled me up so much with your energy I don't think I have enough room to eat your body. Oh, well, I'll just crush you into pulp for later!" Byakko said about to kick Kuwabara. Yusuke was about ready to fire his spirit gun but Kurama stopped in.
"No wait, it is not necessary." He said stopping yusuke before he could shoot his sprit gun. Byakko stepped back groaning. His stomach started getting bigger then back over and over again. Kuwabara pushed himself up to see Byakko.
"Looks like it worked." He said chuckling. Byakko groaned again putting his hands on his stomach.
"What...Worked?" he asked as Kuwabara sat up.
"It's like my sister always says, it's not good to eat a whole bunch of food in one sitting." He answered with a smirk.
"Sister, huh? That explains a lot." Yusuke said smiling.
"Why you." Byakko said walking up to Kuwabara but stopped suddenly. Byakko started to glow gold-ish yellow, he grabbed his stomach, and energy started bursting out of him going in every direction before completely engulfing Byakko. The ground under him broke and he fell to the ground below.
"Down he goes." Yusuke said triumphantly.
"The amount of sprit energy Kuwabara transferred created a force bigger then what Byakko's body could contain." Kurama explained.
"Sounds like an awful case of gas if you ask me." Yusuke said laughing.
"Quiet Urameshi!" Kuwabara yelled breathing in the air around him. "I'm trying to concentrate here, ok? I have to breathe in the guys fumes it's filled with my sprit energy." Kuwabara explained.
"Actually, your energy returned automatically." Kurama said as we walked up to him.
"Oh, a well, you can never be to safe, right?" Kuwabara said embarrassed.
"Hey, I don't know why you're still on the ground Kuwabara; I haven't even broken a sweat." Yusuke teased.
"Very funny, Urameshi, you're taking the next one." Kuwabara said back
"No, I believe I said I was fighting next. Or have you forgotten already?" You asked with a sigh. "God, Kuwabara, you're as smart as a 5 years old sometimes. No actually, you might not even be that smart." You stated with another sigh as Yusuke's communication mirror started to go off. Yusuke pulled it out and answered it.
"Yusuke this is Boton do you copy?" Boton asked.
"Sure." Yusuke answered as Kuwabara quickly stood up.
"Hey, tell her I say 'hi'." Kuwabara butts in.
"How are things in Maze Castle? Please tell me you've defeated three out of the four saint beasts by now." she begged.
"What? Are you crazy, Boton? We've barely beaten two. These guys aren't easy." Yusuke pointed out.
"I understand, Yusuke. But that's not fast enough. The city is loosing its grip. The mayor declared a riot alert thinking these people are just insane. So far the police detained most of those people taken over by the Makai. But it won't be long before the police are infected as well.
"Ok, I get it." Yusuke said annoyed.
"I hope you do, Yusuke, I really do." Boton said as another person controlled by the Makai insects attacked her. She jumped out of the way before the man could grab her though. She pulled out bug spray and spayed the man in the eyes then she spun around and kicked him in the face. The man fell to the ground and she looked back at the communication mirror again. "Sorry about that, boys. As you can see I'm busy here too." She said hanging up. Kuwabara grabbed the mirror.
"See ya later, Boton." He said smiling.
"She hung up, stupid. You can't be too injured if you're still flirting." Yusuke said taking back the compact.
"Shut up." Kuwabara said.
"Well, shall we go?" Kurama asked with a smile. Suddenly we heard Byakko's roar again. We all looked around to see where exactly it was coming from.
"Don't tell me..." Yusuke started. Kurama gasped.
"He's alive." Kurama said as the flooring began to break from under us. "Hurry, it's collapsing." He said and we all began to run into the passage to the staircase behind the pillar Byakko had been standing on just in time before the flooring collapsed and fell down to the trees below. We all heard Byakko laugh from down the hall behind us.
"So human, you've proven to be quite a worthy pray." Byakko said.
"Hey, aren't you dead yet?" Kuwabara asked.
"Ha! Very much alive. So much that I'm inviting you into my lair; my room of hell." He answered.
"What if we say no?" Kurama asked. Byakko laughed at the question.
"You don't want to say no." he answered.
"Just lead the way, Byakko. I'll go where ever you want." Kuwabara said. We walked up the staircase. When we reached the told there was a door. Yusuke and Kuwabara opened it. On the other side was a cave like passage was. Heat rushed at us as we opened the door.
"Oh, that's just great. Now we're walking into a preheated oven." Yusuke joked. You chuckled shaking your head. There was never a dual moment with Yusuke around.
"Who cares, as long as it leads to Byakko." Kuwabara said seriously.
"Ok, you go first." Yusuke suggested.
"Come on." Kurama said and started walking into the cave with the rest of us fallowing. When we reached the end of the cave we were in an open room with rock pillars everywhere. Under the rock pillars was molten lava.
"Give me a break." Yusuke said taking a step back away from the lava. "Ha, ha, guess room of hell wasn't just a clever name." He joked. "That's..." he started.
"Lava." Kuwabara finished ripping off a piece of his shirt sleeve and throwing it into the lava. The small piece of cloth never even touched the lava before it turned into nothing but a small puff of smoke.
"Wow." Yusuke said upon seeing that.
"We better not fall into that, guys." Kuwabara said.
"A fine view isn't it?" Byakko asked. We all look towards him. He was stand on one of the pillars in the lava. "This is my private chamber. I come here to 'play'." He said laughing evilly with his arms crossed.
"No way, he's back to normal." Kuwabara said taken back.
"Monster, you piss me off." Yusuke said angrily.
"As you have already discovered, this room is filled with lava that will melt anything it touches. So, does anyone have the courage to come and challenge me?" Byakko asked with an evil smirk.
Kurama's POV
Shanna stepped forward.
"You bet I do circus freak! You think you got so much power?" Yusuke yelled not noticing Shanna had stepped up. Kuwabara put his hand on Yusuke's shoulder.
"Hey, leave him to me, Urameshi." Kuwabara said confidently.
"Kuwabara." Yusuke said. Shanna ignored both of them.
"Yeah, I'll take you on." She said smiling confidently.
"What? No way! I'm fighting him!" Kuwabara yelled angrily.
"Did you forget, AGAIN?" she asked with a smile. She was in a cheerful mood. "You agreed that if you lost I could fight. None the less, I did say I was fighting next. Or weren't you paying attention?" She asked with a smirk. She knew she was right. Kuwabara hadn't been paying attention. He barely ever did.
"But...It's my fight!" Kuwabara argued.
"No, I don't think so. You lost and wasted a lot of time that we don't have. It's my turn now. If you don't like it, then come at me. Show me that you've earned this fight." She stated with a smirk. That's just what Kuwabara did too. He went after her with his fist. Shanna ducked and punched Kuwabara in the gut. He fell to the ground holding his stomach. "You lose. My fight. Have fun on the side lines." She giggled smiling.
"She's seems to be in a good mood. What's up with that?" Yusuke asked a little shocked as Shanna jumped onto the nearest pillar.
Hiei's POV
'Why is she so happy to fight? How does she even intend to win? I haven't seen any weapons on her. Does she even have any weapons?' I thought watching Shanna jumped onto a pillar in the lava and lifted up her shirt before taking it off. Kuwabara and Yusuke eyes almost came out of their heads at what they saw. Shanna was wearing a short loose flowing bellybutton showing tank top. Even my eyes and Kurama's were wide.
"Damn! The wolf girl is hot!" Yusuke yelled.
"Well, enjoy the view, because this is all you get." Shanna said putting her hand out in front of her with her palm facing up. She closed her eyes and a staff appeared just above her hand. When she opened her eyes the staff fell. She easily caught it in her hand and took a fighting stance. She was still smiling.
"Ha! You should know that I'm planning on using a different kind of attack then I did on your puny friend." Byakko said.
"Wicked. I was just about to warn you that your little monster things wouldn't be enough to stop me." She said happily. Byakko began to roar while tightening his hands into fists. He was gathering his spirit energy. Then he put his hands to his throat and aimed at Ree.
"What is that?" Yusuke asked watching as spirit energy gathered in Byakko's mouth.
"Something powerful." Kurama answered.
"Very." I added as I too watched Byakko. I glanced at Shanna. She seemed to have also noticed the amazing energy Byakko was giving off, because she had already moved to another pillar. I looked back at Byakko just in time to see the attack. It was green and it came from his mouth. "So, it does exist." I stated out loud.
"You mustn't touch it, Shanna! Get away!" Kurama yelled not realizing that she had already moved.
"Yeah, I know. It's kind of obvious. Unlike Kuwabara over there I don't have a death wish." She said happily. We all looked at where the green ball of energy hit. The pillar she had been on had been disincarnated. Byakko laughed.
"You like it? I call it my tiger scream. Everything it touches turns into a pile of ashes." Byakko explained.
"Yeah, obviously. God, what's up with everyone pointing out the obvious?" Shanna asked rolling her eyes.
"For years, I have heard of a fighter who could destroy molecular bonds with the vibrations of his voice. I never thought I'd meet him." I explained.
"So she can't use any spirit or demon powers on it?" Yusuke asked.
"No, the energy would cause as train reaction which would destroy her entire spirit or soul." I explained to Yusuke.
"The only thing you can do now is run." Byakko said creating another Tiger Scream. Shanna looked around her deciding exactly where to go next.
'How can she still be smiling? Is she really that confident? Does she already know how to defeat Byakko?' I thought watching her as she carefully dodged another one for Byakko's Tigers Screams. Byakko quickly created another. He was creating them more quickly now. She continued to jump from pillar to pillar her smile never faltering. She looked as if she was enjoying herself. 'Why?'
"Tiger Claw!" he said as three needle-like objects appeared in between his four fingers. He threw them at her. Shanna put her staff out in front of her and spun it around so fast that it created a barrier and destroyed the new attack. That's when I noticed something.
'Her staff! It can change its size and appearance to do different things. When she started spinning it in front of her it got longer and it changed the design.' I thought a bit shocked.
"What the?" Yusuke yelled upon seeing Byakko's new attack.
"Your attacks aren't very strong. God, I can block them with a stick." Shanna laughed.
"You surprise me. You keep fighting despite your frail female body." Byakko said. Shanna laughed.
"Whatever. The only reason I'm fighting is because Kuwabara over there takes to long and we really don't have the time to waste like Kuwabara and you idiots think we do." Shanna explained happily.
"That's very noble, but the trueth is you've already lost. Like all the victims before you my Tiger Scream has proven to be too much." He said to her. She just laughed.
"Yeah, ok. Whatever you say, Byakko." Shanna said with a laugh. Byakko growled angrily. He obviously didn't like the fact that she was making fun of him. Byakko made his Tiger Scream again and fired it at her. She easily deflected it. Byakko kept attacking her with his Tiger Scream and his Tiger Claws while Shanna kept deflecting. I could tell that while she was deflecting all of the attacks that she was looking around to see what she could come up with. She was still smiling.
'That smile. It's not real! It's a cover. But for what exactly? What is she planning? If anything.' I asked myself deciding to read her mind.
'To protect her. Sanna is the most important thing to me. Though I believe in Genkai's ability to watch over her and make sure nothing happens to her I can't just leave Genkai with her. I don't have time for this god damn it! Come on, calm down. Think. Calculate. Relax. Oh, damn!' I left her mind then. Byakko had finally used his Tiger Scream again and she hadn't been expecting it. Her staff changed again and she held it straight out vertically in front of her.
"Shanna!" Yusuke yelled panicking. Shanna didn't have time to dodge. She stood there holding her staff. Her eyes clenched shut. She was concentrating on whatever it was that she was doing. Byakko's Tiger Scream hit her staff head on but went no further. The attack looked like it was trying to keep going but couldn't.
"Kogeki Kaeri!" (Attack Return) Shanna yelled. Byakko's Tiger Scream stopped pushing against Shanna's staff and started to move away from her and towards Byakko. Once Shanna made the attack go back at Byakko it quickly started to gain speed until it was 5xs faster then when Byakko shot it. It hit Byakko and he fell into the lava while Shanna fell to the ground.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment