Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The First Demon; Genbu

Ree Lynne is a loner and a punk. She knows Yusuke. What happens when Koenma get his eyes on her and wants her to join the Urameshi team? Will she do it? And if she does...What is her price?

Chapter 4 - The First Demon; Genbu

Chapter 4 - The First Demon; Genbu
Hiei's POV
"This has always been my favorite part of the trial. Watching as you squirm as your muscles begin to pop and tare under the ceilings weight. But of coarse the best is your eyes, seeing the gears of thought turn with desperation, thinking, questioning yourself, 'How long can I hold this?' 'Will I die this way?' 'Will one friend betray us and watch as we flatten? Or should I be the one?'" The thing said.
"Just, ignore that punk. Stick together. And if anyone tries to run, I swear I'll drag them back myself." Kuwabara struggled to say under the weight of the ceiling. The ceiling was quickly getting heavier and I could hear the bones in Ree's left arm begin to crack under it weight.
"Ha! And I suppose you'd think it was noble if we all died as a team." I laughed.
"That's right." Kuwabara answered.
"Here's a thought, let's shut the hell up and think of a way to try and get out!" Yusuke said. "Hiei! You’re a lot faster then any of us, we'll hold the ceiling up while you go and flip the switch." Yusuke explained.
"You crazy? We can't truest that guy! Just look, he doesn't care at all about us!" Kuwabara stated.
"Your ugly friend has a good point, detective." I said with a smirk.
"How's ugly? Come here you mouse!" Kuwabara said angrily.
"Shut the hell up already! Hiei, just go flip the frackn' switch already!" Ree yelled.
"Are you sure you want to truest me?" I asked both Yusuke and Ree.
"If I didn't then I wouldn't have just told you to do it!" Ree yelled annoyed. I heard another one of her bones in her left arm crack again. If we didn't get out soon her left arm and wrist would be useless.
"I've already vowed my revenge on you, detective. Maybe I'll handle that now." I stated.
"Yeah, but I don't think quick deaths are your style." Yusuke said with a smile. "I'll let out all of the spirit power I have left to by us a little time while you run to the switch, just don't trip." Yusuke said. "I trust you. Now go!" He finished.
I ran towards the switch, I heard Ree's arm crack again the minute I let go of the ceiling. I stopped at the switch.
Your POV
The bone in your left wrist and arm were cracking under the weight of the ceiling. Hiei had run over to the switch. He was about to pull it when he suddenly stopped. He turned around.
"What's the deal? Pull the stupid switch already!" Kuwabara yelled. Kuwabara had said what you could not. You wouldn't alow anyone to know your weaknesses. And by telling Hiei to pull the switch you were telling him that this was too heavy for you. And that would tell him a weakness, which was something you couldn't do.
"There is no need to make snap judgments my friend. What have they ever done for you? Leave them and you can come with me into the castle. With the invasion of earth, the four saint beasts will control the future. Be smart; join us, perhaps you could be the general of our demon army." The thing said.
"Don't you dare, you creep! If it weren't for our help then you'd still be screaming with the rest of us!" Kuwabara called.
'Please, Hiei. Pull the switch!' you thought begging. He laughed evilly while turning away from the switch and to face us.
"What are you laughing about?!" Kuwabara asked.
"Take a guess you fool." Hiei said.
"Damn you." Kuwabara said back.
"Yes, you find amusement in their pain, now imagine the satisfaction that will come from their final screams." The thing said to Hiei.
'Hiei, don't listen to him. He's trying to trick you!' you thought as the ceiling became heavier.
"Hiei!" Kuwabara called.
"A wise choice, the bolder would have crushed you anyway." The thing said.
"Thanks for the clue!" Hiei said jumping up and cutting the thing in the eye. Then Hiei went over to the switch and lifted it up. The ceiling stopped and a bolder came down from the ceiling.
"He came through!" Yusuke said. "Hiei!" he called as the bolder 'hit' Hiei. The four of use came out from under the ceiling that had stopped moving and looked to see if Hiei was ok. Hiei was standing on top of the bolder.
"Tell your masters, that this is their chance to best for mercy." Hiei said as the thing started to fly away. Yusuke sighed in relief.
"Hey, are you alright?" Kuwabara asked Yusuke.
"Oh, yeah, I just can't feel my arms right now." Yusuke said. Hiei jumped down from his spot on the top of the bolder. "I knew you'd save us, you punk." Yusuke said with a wink and thumbs up. Yusuke walked up to Hiei. "But, you did have me worried. Hell of an actor." He said putting his hand on Hiei's shoulder. "You know, not everyone can pretend to laugh at their dying friends." Yusuke explained.
"Ha! Friends are just a crutch for the weak." Hiei said walking away. Yusuke laughed. "And I wasn't acting." Hiei finished.
"Say what?" Kuwabara asked confused.
"Don't confuse it, the only reason I saved was because I might need your help." Hiei explained walking away again.
"It's his way of saying your welcome. You will learn." Kurama explained.
"Right." Yusuke said.
"Well, he still ticks me off." Kuwabara said.
The five us had made it into the castle and past the gate of betrayal. We were walking down a hall when Yusuke's pants started to ring. Yusuke pulled a compact out of his left hand pocket and opened it up.
"What is that thing? Is it safe?" Kuwabara asked looking at the compact.
"Yusuke? You don't wear make-up do you?" you asked taking a step back.
"NO!" Yusuke said. "It's just the communication mirror that I got from Boton." Yusuke said opening the compact to revel a small screen, some buttons, and a small speaker just below the screen.
"Hello, Yusuke." Boton said with a victory or peace sign. "It's Boton here in the living world, do you copy?" she asked.
"Yeah –" Yusuke was cut off by Kuwabara.
"Hey, what's up, Boton? This is the brave Kuwabara at your service. I'm taking very good care of Urameshi." Kuwabara said.
"I'm so glad to hear that." Boton said with a sweat drop. "I've got things under control here as well, more or less. The Makai insects only like to nest in depressed people's minds. That narrows down my search a bit. I've also found another spy from the saint beasts. I just can't figure out how their getting past the barrier. See, I think their demons from outside the city That are taking orders along the wall." Boton explained.
"Watch out!" Yusuke and Kuwabara said as a demon came up behind Boton. She hit the demon in the head with her metal baseball bat. The demon fell to the ground again.
"Don't worry. Those guys are weaklings. The real challenge is finding those Makai insects. I've only found 15 of those buggers and I've been searching for nearly an entire day." Boton explained.
"Don't worry baby, you'll Oh!" Kuwabara started but was cut off by Yusuke punching him a few times.
"15? That's not much help." Yusuke explained.
"Yusuke, fighting people controlled by the insect," she started hitting the demon that was on the ground as he started to stand up. "takes time, That's why you need to get the whistle." Boton finished.
"Ok, we're trying. But this castle is kinda rough." Yusuke stated.
"Well of course it is. No one has ever survived before." Boton said hanging up. After Yusuke hang up and we began walking down the hall again. Yusuke seemed to be deep in thought.
"Kurama." Yusuke said after a little while. "What do you know about these four saint people?" he asked. "Boton pushed us down that hole like a couple of cows, and I didn't get to ask her." Yusuke stated as he stopped walking. The rest of us stopped as well.
"She wouldn't have told you much I'm afraid. Even since the barrier wall was raised around this city spirit world intelligence nearly forgot this place existed." Kurama explained.
"What do you know?" Kuwabara asked.
"Lets just say, when you see their bodies, you may be very surprised." Kurama finished.
"Terrified." A low demonic voice came. We looked around but saw no one. "Isn't that who right it?" the voice said again.
"Hey, who said that?" Kuwabara asked trying to hide his fear. The voice laughed evilly.
"There is a door behind you, please, take it." The voice said as a door appeared behind us. Yusuke and Kuwabara pushed the door open.
"Ladies first." Yusuke said.
"Oh, aren't you sweet." You said sarcastically as you walked into the room. Hiei, Kurama, Yusuke, and Kuwabara fallowed after you. As you looked around you noticed that the entire room was made of stone. In the far end of the room was a stair case. Yusuke picked up a torch that was on one of the many pillars in the room and threw it on the floor a little ways in front of all of us. A shadow appeared. The five of us looked to see to whom the shadow belonged too. The shadow belonged to a demon made entirely of rock. The demons eyes seemed to glow gold or yellow.
"Welcome trespassers." Said the demon.
"Ok, I'm surprised." Kuwabara said, again trying to hide his fear.
"I am Genbu of the four saint beasts. Do you have any requests before you die?" the demon known as Genbu asked.
"Yeah, tell me how a beast is a saint cause I'm lost." Yusuke said.
"This stairwell is the only way to the castle tower." The demon Genbu started. We all looked towards the stairwell in the far end of the room. The stairwell was behind Genbu. "You can either defeat me and go up on your own or be dragged their once you've stopped breathing." Genbu said smashing his rock hard tail against the floor in front of him. "Why don't you all attack me at once? Then the last one left won't feel lonely." he suggested.
"He's a rock Urameshi! How are we suppose to fight against a talking rock?" Kuwabara exclaimed.
'For once I agree with Kuwabara. How the hell do fight a talking rock? It's a rock.' You thought to yourself as Kurama stepped forward.
"I will fight him." Kurama said.
"Are you sure?" Yusuke asked.
"It would be ill-advised for all of us to fight without first knowing his power." Kurama stated. "Besides, I can hardly let Hiei get all the credit for this mission now can I?" Kurama finished looking back at Hiei. Kurama then turned back towards Genbu and started to walk towards him.
"You want to die one by one? I can do that too." Genbu said.
"Hey, would it be better to try and lore him back down to that drop down ceiling or something?" Yusuke asked.
"Obviously you are under estimating Kurama. Do you know why I chose him to be my partner? It was to avoid fighting him myself." Hiei stated "Watch, he is more cut-throat in battle then I am and unbelievably precise." Hiei said watching as Kurama walked up to the demon; Genbu. Yusuke turned away from Hiei and back to Kurama.
"I don't know guys. He's still a talking rock." Kuwabara said bighting his index finger.
"Sir, the first move is yours." Kurama said to Genbu. Genbu nor Kurama moved. Suddenly Yusuke gasped.
"What is it Yusuke?" you asked looking at Yusuke questionably.
"Hey, stone mans doing something freaky with his tail!" Yusuke yelled to Kurama. Yusuke had also pointed to how Genbu's tail was merging with the ground below him. Kurama quickly turned around upon hearing this. Genbu's tail had serficed from the ground behind Kurama. He tried to dodge but got hit across the stomach.
"Kurama!" Yusuke called.
"Thanks for my body's structure; I can become one with any type of rock." Genbu explained laughing evilly. "With a little rearranging I can make any stone my tail." He continued.
"Yeah, we're in trouble." Kuwabara said.
"And since this hole chamber is made of stone I have you surrounded. There's no where to run!" Genbu yelled. Kurama stood up from his kneeling position on the floor. Kurama's stomach was bleeding. He looked like he was in pain as he held his stomach with his right arm.
"Oh, man, now he's wounded." Yusuke said as Kuwabara was bighting his finger nails.
"Maybe we should help." Kuwabara suggested.
"No need. I've been hurt, but he will not take me by surprise again." Kurama said.
"Ha! Wait until you see the full state of my power. Then you won't be so confident." Genbu said confidently.
'He thinks WAY too highly of himself.' You thought with a mental sweat drop. Suddenly Genbu started submerging into the ground beneath him.
"He's going to put himself into the floor." Yusuke stated as he watched Genbu disappear.
"Do something Kurama!" Kuwabara called nervously. When Genbu was complete submerged within the rock everything became quiet. As if listening for something that you knew you would not hear. Yusuke and Kuwabara looked around nervously. Yusuke growled.
"Now he could be any where." Yusuke stated.
"I can't even sense Genbu's energy." Kuwabara informed us. Kurama never moved. Suddenly Kurama's eyes grew wide and he started to turn around as Genbu appeared behind him.
"Same old trick." Kurama muttered under his breath as he dodged Genbu's punch. As Kurama dodged Genbu's tail came up behind Kurama again.
"Watch for his tail!" Yusuke screamed.
"He's getting attacked from both sides!" Kuwabara stated. As Genbu attacked Kurama from the front and his tail attacked Kurama from the back. Genbu tried to punch Kurama again as his tail tried to take a swipe at him while Kurama dodged the punch. Kurama had successfully dodged both Genbu and his tail and landed safely on the floor. When Kurama looked up again Genbu had already submerged himself into the floor again.
"Where'd that freak go now?" Kuwabara asked looking around. Kurama gasped again and jumped away from where he was kneeling just as Genbu came out of the floor and tried to grab Kurama. When Genbu missed he sent his tail after Kurama. Kurama easily dodged.
'Kurama must be using his excellent sense of smell to track Genbu.' You thought.
After the attack Genbu submerged himself within the floor again. We could hear Genbu's laugh even after he had submerged himself within the flooring.
"You'll never defeat me by just running away." Genbu said laughing.
'Kurama is not running. He is watching, memorizing. He is learning your way of attacking, Genbu.' You thought knowingly.
"Yes, Genbu, I believe your right." Kurama said smiling.
'Kurama is planning something.' You thought as you watched Kurama carefully. Kurama suddenly pulled a rose out from his hair.
"Wha? A flower?" Yusuke asked confused.
"Now that's weird. If he's trying to win the beast over I don't think that's such a good idea." Kuwabara said. Hiei laughed.
"It's no ordinary flower." Said Kurama as all the petals started to come off and float around him. Kurama stood up. "Rose Whip!" he said as the rose turned into a whip.
"Well, everything's coming up roses." Said Yusuke.
"It smells girly. I don't think I like it." Kuwabara stated,
"Excuse me. Do I smell like a frackn' rose to you?" you asked with a vain popping out of your head.
"Um, well, uh, no. I just meant –" Kuwabara started but you cut him off.
"Save it!" you said angrily punching Kuwabara in the back of the head. Genbu began to laugh again.
"You still don't understand your problem." Genbu started. "What good will that do if you can't tell where I am?" he noted.
"Yes, not being able to find you is a problem." Kurama said smiling. Genbu groaned.
"You just can't be scared can you?" Genbu asked flatly. "Well, I'll soon change that." he finished. Kurama suddenly jumped up.
"Found you." Kurama said as Genbu emerged from the ceiling. Kurama whipped Genbu with his rose whip.
"It's over. The thorns on Kurama's whip can cut through any substance, including solid stone." Hiei explained with a smirk.
"Rose whip lash!" Kurama said as he whipped Genbu multiple times from multiple angles. Genbu's body fell apart. Yusuke and Kuwabara gasped.
"How did you find me?" the severed head of Genbu asked.
"Your smell, after filling the room with the rose's sweet aroma your putrid odor was easy for me to find." Kurama explained. Genbu went silent. It looked as if he was dead as he lied there in a million pieces. Yusuke and Kuwabara ran u to Kurama while Hiei and you walked up to him.
"Well, that's not fair. Why is it that none of my fights can end that quickly?" Yusuke asked.
"You beat him in one blow. Now that's what I call a win." Kuwabara said.
"You idiots, it only looked easy because Kurama was the one fighting. If you had fought, you would have died in under a minute." Hiei said.
'Hiei must really have a lot of respect for Kurama. Hiei is always speaking highly of Kurama.' You thought.
"Why does everything you say make me want to bash your face in?" Kuwabara asked making a fist.
"Hn." Hiei said.
"Listen, I just happen to place third in master Genkai's fighting tournament. The only ones to beat me were yusuke and an evil monster." Kuwabara explained proudly.
"What's your point?" Hiei asked not really caring.
"You little -" Kuwabara started as he grabbed the front of Hiei's cloak.
"Children!" Yusuke started. "Would you mind saving it for the bad guys?" Kuwabara let go of Hiei.
"Ok. Fine, but he started it." Kuwabara mumbled.
"Ok, I guess now we go up the stairs." Yusuke said looking towards you and Kurama. The two of you nodded as Yusuke headed for the stairs. Kurama suddenly gasped.
"What is it, Kurama?" you asked.
"It seems my fight is not over." Kurama answered. Yusuke looked at Kurama. We all then looked at Genbu who was putting himself back together again. Genbu laughed.
"Um guys, I think he's...uh...Putting himself back to...uh...together." Kuwabara stuttered.
"You can disassemble me all you like, I'll come back together every time. Actually it makes for a very nice attack." Genbu said as his hands, arms, and head came off and headed for Kurama.
"Rose whip lash!" Kurama said cutting up Genbu's arms, hands, and his head. All the piece broke into nothing but pebbles as the were hit.
"Right in the head. Let's see him come back now." Yusuke said triumphantly. Genbu laughed again as he put himself back together.
"Want to try again?" Genbu asked.
"Ok, that was luck." Yusuke said.
"Let end this. How'd you like to be stoned to death?" Genbu asked putting his arms out as all of his body parts went flying at Kurama. Kurama was able to dodge but while doing so he noticed a glowing red stone that was in the middle of all the other rocks. When all the stones and rocks had gone past Kurama they turned around and came back at him.
"Kurama!" Yusuke called. Kurama saw the red stone again and obviously knowing what would happen he stood in the middle of all the flying rocks. He whipped as many of the rock as he good. But was still hit but many of them as they went by. "What the hells he doing? He's going to get killed." Yusuke said worriedly as Kurama was hit full force by the stones and rocks. But luckily for Kurama, it was not in vain. He had successfully gotten that glowing red stone as it went by.
"You're not even fighting back now. Those blows must have made you insane." Genbu said as he put himself back together. Kurama chuckled upon seeing what Genbu looked like without the red stone. "Yes, now I'm sure of it. Now you're laughing at nothing." Genbu said not realizing what he himself looked like without that glowing red rock. "Wha? Hey wait, how did you get on the ceiling?" Genbu asked very much confused. "Uh, what's wrong?" Yusuke and Kuwabara busted out laughing at the was Genbu now looked.
Genbu's head was upside down and in between his legs; his tail was coming out from his side, etc. Even you couldn't hold it all in. You let out a small chuckle.
"I've heard of brass balls before, but come on!" yusuke said laughing so hard he was crying.
"Yeah, I'd like to see him use the toilet!" Kuwabara stated laughing just as hard as Yusuke.
"What did you do to me?" Genbu asked.
"I took this." Kurama said showing Genbu the glowing red rock he had taken.
"Uh, what's that?" asked Genbu as he looked at the glowing rock.
"I believe this is the equivalent of the hypothalamus portion of your brain. It regulates all the functions of your body including the process of putting you back together." Kurama explained.
"Uh, but," Genbu started
"It seems to relay an energy signal when you separate, making it very easy to find." Kurama said.
"You can't do this, give it back to me!" Genbu said. Kurama then threw the rock up into the air. "Give it back!!" Genbu yelled one last time.
"Fair well." Kurama said as he cut the rock in two. A bright yellow gold light came from Genbu as he turned into nothing but pebbles on the ground.
"I don't think he liked that." Kuwabara said,
"Good work, Kurama." Yusuke said turning to look at Kurama as he fell to his knees hold his stomach. "Are you ok?" Yusuke asked as him and Kuwabara ran over to him.
"If Kurama is injured then we're going to have some problems." Hiei said as he walked up. You were fallowing right behind him.
"I'm sorry, Yusuke." Kurama said looking up at Yusuke.
"Na, you've earned yourself a break anyways." Yusuke explained.
"Yeah, I'll handle the next one." Kuwabara said.
"Kurama won't make it to long if he bleeds to death you idiots." You said irritated.
"What? Is it that bad?" Yusuke asked.
"Yes, do you not see the blood around the room? Genbu doesn't bleed seeing as how he is a rock, so the only owner it could belong to is Kurama." You explained with your piss off attitude.
"So what do we do? Kurama can't die!" Yusuke said worriedly.
"Oh, calm down. Don't get your boxers in a bunch. I can fix him." You said kneeling down next to Kurama.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment