Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Dark Tournament Begins

The YYH gang is sent on a mission to rescue a girl who is actually a persocom the only successful hand made person. Hiei found and saved her from being abused and now she's afraid of everyone but Hiei. Will the rest of the YYH gang gain her trust?

Chapter 2 - The Dark Tournament Begins

Chapter 2 - The Dark Tournament Begins
Hiei's POV
It was the day we would be going to Hanging Neck Island where the Dark Tournament would be held. Kurama, Kuwabara, Kerin, and I were waiting for Yusuke to arrive. Kerin as usual was holding onto my arm when we got there after she saw all the demons. I looked at Kuwabara who was wearing his normal blue school uniform. Kurama was wearing an outfit that looked like his pink school uniform but was white. Kerin was wearing another dress. This one was a bit frilly and was black and white. It stopped just above her knees with a pair of black high heal shoes that had a ribbon that wrapped around her leg.
I was wearing a blue with yellow bordering fighting kimono, black pants, and a yellow obi with a lighter blue long sleeve top underneath and the same color scarf.
"Urameshi still hasn't shown up yet. What could that dummy be doing now?" Kuwabara asked no one in particular.
"Hopefully he's finding us an alternate fighter." Kurama said gaining a glare from Kerin.
"Why don't you worry about yourself Kuwabara? Have you gotten any better since our last fight?" I asked looking at the demons in front of us.
"Ha. You'll see for yourself shrimp-boy." Kuwabara said.
"The ship is in maties." The captain of the ship that would be taking us to Hanging Neck Island said walking up to all of us. "Now let's try to get on board without any violence." He continued.
"Hey, wait a minute sir! Our team still has some stragglers." Kuwabara spoke up.
"Then we'll have to put a mark on their heads and send out a hit man, standard rule of the tournament." The captain said.
"Now, now, that's not necessary." Came a voice from behind us. We all turned around. "Sorry to keep you waiting guys." Yusuke said.
"You nearly gave me a heart attack, Urameshi!" Kuwabara yelled angrily.
"These forest hikes really wipe me out." Yusuke said leading on a tree.
"Yeah, you look awful, oh, wait, that's just you." Kuwabara joked. I mentally told Kerin to stand with Kurama for a minute that I wanted to see something. She nodded and attached herself to Kurama's arm. She always seemed to attach herself to someone's arm if she was scared. At the moment it was either me or Kurama. She still didn't trust Kuwabara very much and she didn't trust Yusuke at all seeing as how she barely knew him.
"Yusuke." I said after walking up to him. He looked at me. The minute he did I attacked him with my sword for force. He dodged every swipe and at the end caught my sword with his right hand.
"Damn Hiei, is this how you say 'hello' to people now?" Yusuke asked.
"Hn, I don't know where you've been all this time, but it seems you've improved your skills a little bit." I said with a smirk.
"Improved a little bit?! I'd say he improved a lot a bit!" Kuwabara exclaimed. Kerin's eyes lit up as she giggled at Kuwabara words.
"Don't be discouraged. The fact that you could fallow their moves shows that you have improved as well." Kurama said.
"So Yusuke, I assume the little one over there is going to be the alternate fighter for our team?" I asked.
"You mean this little guy here? He's even smaller then Kerin! He looks weaker then Kerin too though." Kuwabara said getting a huff from Kerin as she walked over to me. "And, what's wrong with his face?" Kuwabara asked looking around at the guy. "He looks like a mummy or something." He finally finished.
"Forget him. Yusuke and I are all that we require." I said with a smirk getting a punch in the arm from Kerin.
"Enough of pesky distractions. Let's all get on board!" the captain called. We all quickly got on board the ship and set off to Hanging Neck Island. I stood on the railing of the ship, Kerin sat on the railing next on the left of me, Yusuke sat cross legged on the floor to the left of her asleep, Kurama and Kuwabara stood to the right of me both leaning against the railing, Kurama had his arms crossed, and the masked fighter stood to the right of Kuwabara not leaning on anything.
"Shoot, nothing here but ugly monsters. I thought cruses were supposed to have pretty girls." Kuwabara grumbled getting a glare from Kerin about the pretty girl comment.
"I sure hope the island isn't as boring as this." I stated looking around.
"We're not on vacation you know." Kurama stated with his eyes shut.
"I know! But couldn't they have at least given us a place to eat?" Kuwabara asked. "And some pretty waitresses." He added under his breath.
"Alrightly maties turn your eyes to the captain's deck. It's still going to be quite some time before the ship finds its way to the harbor. So, we're going to have some entertainment to keep ya from getting roughty." The captain said over the loud speakers.
"Oh, I knew it! Some dinner and dancing!" Kuwabara jumped up thankful. Kerin sighed knowing that wasn't going to be the case.
"The preliminary battles of the tournament will be held here on me trusty ship." The captain continued.
"Say what?!" Kuwabara asked shocked.
"A preliminary for the competition." I stated.
"Now that we can't go anywhere." Kurama added. Suddenly the ship began to shake. Kerin not expecting that lost her balance and began to fall backwards. I caught her by grabbing her wrist and pulling her back up. She regained her balance but I continued to hold onto her wrist.
Are you ok?' I mentally asked her. She nodded with a smile. I let go of her hand and she put them both on the railing to hold on.
"Earthquake!" Kuwabara yelled.
"Fool, there can't be earthquakes on the water." I stated.
"Look!" Kurama said pointing to the left of us. We all looked to see what he was pointing at. The floor of the boat separated and a battle arena came up from the lower half of the ship.
"Whoa! That things huge!" Kuwabara yelled surprised.
"She's a real beauty ain't she?" the captain stated more then asked. "Now, I'll tell it to ya straight. 15 teams have already been chosen for the Dark Tournament. They're awaiting your arrival. That means out of all of you on my ship only one team will compete on dry land." The captain explained. All the demons began complaining.
"Hold on, I thought that we were the special guests." Kuwabara stated.
"This is the way they operate." I said.
"All teams pick our your strongest man and bring him to the arena port side. There they'll fight in a battle royal! And whoever comes out alive wins there team a ticket to fight on Hanging Neck Island." The captain said.
"So, one big beat down, huh." Kuwabara stated cracking his knuckles. "Guess I'll have to show them the brand new Kuwabara super attack." He said to know one in particular as a large demon walked up behind him.
"Yes, I do prefer larger battles. One on one always makes me bored." The demon said.
"An excellent chance to sharpen my claws." Another demon said.
"Now I can kill as many apparitions as I want to, after I turn that human boy Urameshi inside out of course." Another demon said.
"Uh, what did he say about the human? You know these things are kinda big when you see them standing right next to you and everything." Kuwabara stated his right eye twitching. "Hey, that's right!" he began pointing to Yusuke who was sleeping cross legged on the floor. "You're the one who wants to fight them. Well, I guess as the group leader, it is your responsibility." He started. After a second of Yusuke not saying anything Kuwabara knelt down and saw that he was asleep. He grabbed the front of Yusuke's shirt and began shaking him. "Hey! Wake up Urameshi! I said it was a group leader's responsibility!" Kuwabara yelled. Yusuke made no attempt to wake up. "Why do I feel like I'm talking to myself?!" he yelled again. Kurama walked up to him.
"Stop." Kurama said. Kuwabara looked up at him. "The training Yusuke went through was apparently immense. You must give him time to recuperate."
"Then who's going to fight with all the big monsters?" Kuwabara asked. Kerin jumped down off of the railing. We all looked at her.
"Kerin?" I asked. She looked back at me and smiled before she continued walking towards the arena.
"Is she...Serious? Is it really a good idea that she fight?" Kuwabara asked. No one answered. Kerin walked onto the arena. She didn't look scared about being near demons for once. "What if she loses and we all get booted from the tournament?" Kuwabara asked.
"If that happens all we have to do is beat everyone else on the boat before we reach the island. We'll say we're the right team and no one will complain." I stated with a smirk. I knew that Kerin wouldn't lose. She may look weak but she was able to beat Kurama in a single move.
"You didn't have too many friends growing up did you?" Kuwabara asked his left eyebrow twitching. I watched as Kerin walked onto the battle arena.
"Let's attack the one from the human team first." One demon said.
"Then we'll start on each other." Another demon said.
"Good idea." Another demon agreed.
"Hey, we gotta do something to warn her. They're all going to gain up on her and she's trapped herself in a corner." Kuwabara stated.
"Patience." Kurama said.
"Attack!" the captain called. Kerin instantly pulled out her small fan and held it so no one could see it as all the demons in the arena charged at her. The minute the demons were close enough she whipped her fan out in front of her and swung it in a circle. A tornado formed and through all of the demons from the ship and into the water. Kerin immediately put her fan away before anyone could see it and jumped off of the arena.
"Duh, holy crap." Kuwabara said shocked. "She got everyone up there with one blow. Did anyone even see what she used? All I saw was a tornado throwing the demons into the water." Kuwabara stated looking at Kurama.
"I guess that's why Yusuke can sleep so peacefully on a boat full of demons." Kurama said with a smile.
"I'm sorry to say it, but the 16th team will have to be a human one. Yusuke Urameshi's team!" the captain called.
"Good job, shorty!" Kuwabara said as Kerin came to stand in front of me. She looked at Kuwabara.
"Kerin." She said simple. Her name and my name were the only two words she had no problem saying.
"What?" Kuwabara asked confused.
"Her name, stupid." I stated irritated. She nodded happily.
"Oh." Kuwabara said. Suddenly Kerin pointed behind us. We all turned to look when we saw all the demons on the ship preparing to attack us. "Hey, what's this?" Kuwabara asked. "Wouldn't you know?"
"I think they stole my idea. They'll have to pay very dearly for that." I said with a glare. Kerin nodded.
"Of course." Kurama said pulling out a rose. Kurama, Kerin, the masked fighter, and I jumped up leaving Kuwabara behind and began to fight on different sides of the ship. I cut down every demon that got in my way. Kerin used her tornado attack and throw them all from the ship. That is until one snuck up behind her and punched her in the jaw sending her flying and hitting her back on the railing. My eyes widened when she didn't move as the demon closed in on her. I cut down every demon that got in my way to try and get her. I finally got rid of my last demon as I saw her get up. The demon was standing directly in front of her. His claws ready to kill her. She grabbed the right side of her dress and pulled it up bringing her leg up and kicking the demon in the stomach sending him flying into the railing on the other side of the ship.
'Ok, didn't expect her to do that.' I thought as I walked up to her. I gave her a questioning look that she clearly recognize as 'are you ok?'. She nodded wiping the blood from the corner of her mouth as we walked up to the others. A demon was about to attack Yusuke but Yusuke suddenly stood up and started punching. The punch sent the demon flying across the deck to the other side of the ship. The demon didn't get up.
"Come on! You can't...Scare me grandma! I'll knock you back to your grave!" Yusuke yelled still asleep and still punching.
"That's a relief. He's finally awake." I heard Kuwabara say as we walked up to stand next to him.
"No fool, he's sleeping." I said. Kerin nodded.
"Right now?" Kuwabara asked.
"Quit you stupid old lady!" Yusuke yelled again finally stopping his punching and falling back to the ground sitting cross legged.
"Even in his slumber Yusuke is reliving his training. His preparations should make us all jealous." Kurama said.
"But she wouldn't fight unless she had her own reasons." Kuwabara said suddenly.
"What are you mumbling?" Kurama asked before we all walked over to Yusuke.
"Hn. He's trying to talk in his sleep when she's awake." I said. Kerin giggled.
"Oh, hey, what happened to the fight we were just in?" Kuwabara asked suddenly while looking around.
"Everyone's dead." Kurama answered.
"Oh, uh, weird." Kuwabara said looking around.
A little while later Hanging Neck Island came into view.
"A take it that's Hanging Neck Island." Kuwabara asked. "This is going to be wild you guys." Kuwabara said excitedly. "Everybody make sure not to leave me." He finished sternly.
A little while later we got off the boat and arrived at the hotel. Yusuke was still asleep so Kuwabara was carrying him. Kerin had fallen asleep a little before the ship met up with the island. I was carrying her.
"Are we really staying here?" Kuwabara asked looking at the outside of the hotel. The doors of the hotel opened and we walked in looking around. There were tons of rich people dressed in rich clothes some dressed like Kerin did. "Wow! Well, it's defiantly better then the pirate ship." He said as a young man in a tux came up to us.
"Best of the evening gentle men." The man said. "The hotel has been expecting you. Please, fallow me." He said walking away. We fallowed.
"I got a bad feeling about the people in here. I never trust grown up dressed that fancy."
"Kuwabara, Kerin dresses that way every day." Kurama stated.
"Yeah, but she's not an adult." Kuwabara came back. We continued to fallow the butler until he showed us to our room.
"I gotta hand it to em. They sure know how to make things pretty. I haven't seen this much rich stuff in my whole life." Kuwabara stated after laying Yusuke down on one of the couches. I had laid Kerin down on another couch.
"You're evening coffee gentle men. Complements of the hotel." A butler said putting down 6 coffee cups. Kurama was suddenly handed a piece of paper. I looked next to me. It was Kerin. She still looked pretty tired, but I guessed that she wanted something.
"Could you please her a glass of chocolate milk?" Kurama asked pointing to Kerin.
"Of course." The butler said leaving.
You asked Kurama to ask since you knew I wouldn't. Smart.' I mentally told Kerin. She smiled and gave me a peace sign. A few minutes later the butler came back and gave Kerin her drink.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment