Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Save Me

Yusuke saves a girl from an attacking demon. Now the gang wants to know how she could even see the demon in the first place. What do they find out as they come to know the mysterious girl? What secrets does she have and how can they help the gang?

Chapter 1 - Save Me

Chapter 1 - Save Me
~My POV~
 
As I was walking home from my little walk I got attacked by a demon outside an apartment building. I was a pretty good fighter when I either had a weapon or could use my fists, but my knuckles have had it. I had played bloody knuckles with my twin brother earlier and they were all cut up and as I said 'hurt like hell' so I didn't want to have to use them unless I had to.
 
The demon knocked me to the ground and before I had time to get up the demon was directly in front of me. Each time I tried to back up, it would take a step forward. My eyes grew wide as the demon began to attack. But the attack didn't get to hurt me because a young boy about my age stepped in front of me and held his index finger out towards the demon.
 
"Spirit gun!" the boy yelled and a blast of spirit energy instantly killed the demon leaving nothing left of him. I sighed in relief as the boy turned around towards me and held out his hand. I thankfully took it and he helped you up. He was dressed in a green school uniform and had black slicked back hair.
 
"Thanks." I said with a shy smile.
 
"You ok? My name's Yusuke Urameshi. I live in that apartment over there." He said pointing to the apartment building across the street.
 
"Miyuki Anderson." I answered.
 
"I think that you had better come with me." The boy known as Yusuke said. I glared and pulled my hand out of his before taking a few steps back.
 
"I don't need to come with you. I don't even know you. Thanks for helping me and all but I gotta go." I said and turned around and began to leave but continued to watch him out of the corner of my eye.
 
"Just come with me! I don't want to hurt you!" Yusuke yelled frustrated while grabbing my wrist. I clenched my teeth and quickly turned around kicking him in the face.
 
"Don't you ever touch me again! I don't care what you want to do! There is no way in hell I'm going with you!" I yelled angrily. I quickly looked around and saw what I were looking for. I picked up a long thick tree branch and held it firmly in my hands while glaring at Yusuke as he got up.
 
"Look, I just want to talk." He said trying to calm down.
 
"Yeah? Guess what? I don't fracking care." I said still glaring. "Now, I'm leaving. You are going to go home and we are never going to see each other again. See ya." I said walking away with the tree branch still held in my right hand as I left. Yusuke ran after me.
 
"Wait!" he yelled. I grabbed the base of the branch with both hands and quickly turned around hitting Yusuke in the head and knocking him out.
 
"Hmph. I told him to back off. He gave me a bad feeling." I said and tossed the tree branch aside before going home.

When I got home my mom immediately walked up to me.
 
"Where were you? Do you see the sky? It's dark out. You know that you are supposed to be home before dark." My mother said angrily.
 
"I told you, I went for a walk. I was lost in my thought and before I knew it, it was dark. Okay? I'm sorry." I said irritated. She didn't have to nag me so much.
 
"I don't like that attitude." She said to me. I just ignored her and walked upstairs to my bedroom. I walked past my brother and he began fallowing me. When I reach my bedroom I stopped to open the door. Before I did I looked at him out of the corner of my eye.
 
"What? Are you stalking me or something?" I asked. Ren; my brother just laughed.
 
"No. I just wanna know what really happened while you were out on your 'walk'." He said to me with a smirk. I sighed and grabbed his hand before opening my bedroom door. I yanked him into the room and quickly closed the door.
 
"You wanna know what happened?" I asked.
 
"Well, yeah. I wouldn't have asked if I didn't." he pointed out. I tilted my head to the side and closed my eyes in understanding.
 
"Point taken." I said opening my eyes again. "Well, on my way home from the arcade I was attacked by a demon. It was day time then. So, as we all know it's a pain in the @$$ to fight when your knuckles hurt like hell. So I couldn't use my fists to fight. Basically all in all, I was on the defensive the entire time. Every time I went to get a kick in edgewise he would block. After this happening for god knows how long it was dark and I was freaking tired. Really makes me wonder where demons get all their energy and where can I get some." You said getting off topic.
 
"Off topic, Miyuki." Ren said to me with a blank face. I laughed.
 
"Right. Well, anyways, like I was saying...The demon finally managed to get in a decent hit and I fell. I couldn't get up because the demon was directly in front of me. Each time I backed up he stepped forward. Right when he was about to make the kill some kid name Yusuke  I swear I've seen him before. I just wish I knew where." I said getting lost in my own thoughts again.
 
"Miyuki." Ren said getting a bit irritated this time. I giggled.
 
"Sorry." I said putting a hand behind my head. "I'm gonna continue now. So anyways, some kid named Yusuke comes up and shots so kind of electricity from his index finger! He called it the 'sprit gun'. Then after he helps me up he says that I should come with him and crap. So, when he wouldn't leave me alone I hit him upside the head with a tree branch." I said with a smirk. Ren laughed too.
 
"You're not a very nice girl, you know that!" Ren laughed out. I just smile nodding my head in agreement.
 
"So, have you ever heard of this Yusuke kid?" I asked after calming down.
 
"Yeah actually. I've heard of a Yusuke. Yusuke Urameshi to be exact. Some really strong fighter punk that goes to Sarayashiki Junior High." Ren explained.
 
"Well, if he has a rep like that he must be strong. Maybe he just doesn't know how to fight girls. Or maybe he just doesn't want to. Or last but not least maybe he's just an idiot." I laughed.
 
"Maybe, Miyuki. Maybe." Ren laughed.
 
Ren left my room to his room across the hall. We had a 2 story house. Ren and I had our rooms upstairs. There were only 2 rooms upstairs and we had them both. There was 1 bathroom upstairs that the 2 of us had to share. We didn't mind though. Ren and I get along really well compared to most siblings. Though I don't tell him what goes on, on the inside. I don't tell anyone. I can't. I don't want to hurt anyone and I know that if I do then everyone will be upset and hurt and frankly, I just can't do that to the people I love. I can't let anyone hurt the way I do.
 
I leaned against my bedroom door after Ren left and looked around my room. It was clean for once. Next to the bedroom door was the closet. I took up a bit of the room since it was a walk in closet. Directly across from the bedroom door was a window. On the same wall as the window was a computer and a laptop on a desk that went around a corner. There were 2 prints on the desk too. They were both LaserJet printers one for color images and one for black and white images. On the wall to the right of the window was the bed and 1 tall dresser. The bed was actually a bunk bed. The bottom bunk turned into a couch to watch the TV across from it. On the wall across from the best and to the left of the window or to the right of the bedroom door was a TV with Verizon cable, a long dresser which the TV sat on as well as a DVD player, and next to that dresser was a bookshelf which had notebooks, books, and journals on it. On the 3rd shelf down on the bookshelf was a high quality stereo system that had speakers for it scattered around the room.
 
I sighed looking at all the nice things that I had even though I knew that we couldn't afford it. Ren had more of the same things that I had. I pulled a journal that I used as a note book off of the bookshelf next to me. This book I knew people would read the day that I died it held all of my thoughts and feelings. I always started the note with 'Dear Whomever It concerns' or something similar to that. Sometimes I would put it to someone, but not normally. I had a few journals that were more like dairies but I didn't like dairies. I could never write an entry everyday so I gave up on it a lot. This notebook I wrote it whenever I felt I had something I had to get out but couldn't say. I put the notebook down and stood up changing into a pair of pjs. It was a long short sleeve top. The top reached my knees. I didn't wear anything under it other then underwear. I didn't care if Ren saw my underwear. I was used to it. We had shared the same room until just a few years ago actually. I was 10 when I got my own room and he got his. I have seen every part of him and he's seen every part of me; not pervertedly of course. He's my brother and I'm his sister.
 
So, I got into bed and when to sleep thinking about the one I now knew as Yusuke. I woke up the next morning and walked to school with my brother Ren unknown that today would be a good day to play sick.

Shuichi had been giving me weird looks all day it made me wonder what I did. I didn't know him very well - seeing as how he was a year older then me - except for the fact that I could sense he had demon and sprit energy in side of him. The last bell of the day rang and my brother and I went to leave when Shuichi stopped me. I had a feeling this was coming.
 
"Miyuki, can I talk to you?" Shuichi asked. My brother and I turned around to look at him. I turned back towards my brother.
 
"Wait for me by my locker. I'll be there when I'm done." I said to Ren. He gave me a worried look but nodded.
 
"Just hurry." He said then left. I turned back towards Shuichi who had been watching me. I walked up to him with my thumbs in my back pockets that where in the school uniform skirts.
 
"So, what do you need to talk to me about?" I asked curiously.
 
"A friend of mine who you seem to have met last night told me what happened. His name is Yusuke. Well, we need you to come with us so we can talk to you about what happened." Shuichi explained. I rolled my eyes.
 
"I don't want to sound mean or anything, but I already know what happened last night. It's not the first time I've met a demon. So how about you tell me what's really going on. I'm not stupid you know." I stated getting irritated. Shuichi looked a bit shocked before he sighed.
 
"Fine; because of what happened last night you need to talk to Koenma; the ruler of spirit world. Normal people aren't supposed to be able to see demons yet you can. He's going to want to talk to you." Shuichi explained. I smirked finding out something else.
 
"So, you too can see demons?" I asked with a smirk.
 
"Well, yes."
 
"Hmm, I guess you would seeing as how..." I paused and whispered in his ear. "You too are part demon." I finished and stepped back. Shuichi had a shocked look upon his face.
 
"How did you -?"
 
"Like I said, Shuichi; I'm not stupid. I get the same bad feeling with you as I get with other demons. I can't really sense you  unless you call a bad feeling a sense. All I can do is get a bad or good feeling from you. I just get different bad feelings for different things. Like if I'm going to be a car accident and someone is going to get hurt. Sometimes I'll know before hand. I'll get a bad feeling suddenly, and then an image of what might happen quickly flashes in my head telling me to be careful." I explained. Shuichi nodded in understanding.
 
"You -"
 
"I know. I still have to meet this Koenma person. Whatever. Meet me at the apartment complex where that boy named Yusuke lives. I'll be outside there in about an hour. Mind you, I might be a little late." I said and began leaving.
 
"Wait! How do I know you'll actually show up?"
 
"I wouldn't have said it if I had no intention of actually going. I can be mean, but I'm not that mean. I don't do that. Also, before you go there, make sure you think about me a little bit. I know that you aren't stupid. So try to get to know me at least a little bit before I get there." I said and left.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment