Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Plight of the Fallen Angel

neh. A basic fight between Condemned and Eclipse for control over Eclipse's body. Sometimes it would go too far... More stories are to be added!

Chapter 13 - Plight of the Fallen Angel

Chapter 13 - Plight of the Fallen Angel
Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip.

His blood splattered the, now damp ground.

Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip.

The Dark One was getting frustrated. His victim wasn't breaking. Physical torture just wasn't doing him in.

"I should never have expected anything less from Sonic the Hedgehog..." he couldn't help but say under his breath. In response, the hedgehog gave him a weak smirk.

"You should never have expected anything less from an angel...".

Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip.

The scene was horrifying to those who had not seen it every day. Sonic was shackled to a wall, in the very pits of Hell, itself. His torso had been sliced open, and he had bruises of various sizes decorating his body.

"You aren't an angel anymore, Sonic. That proud title was ripped from your cold, dead corpse. Now, you are nothing more than fallen. Heaven now frowns at the very mention of your name." The hedgehog sighed. Hell's torturer was right. His emerald-green eyes moved themselves in the direction of his now black wings, now practically featherless. "This is why I've harmed you. It is my job to inflict pain onto those who are evil -"

"I AM NOT EVIL!!" The hedgehog bellowed. The volume and tone of the mobian's response was music to The Dark One's earholes.

"Everything I've heard about you proves otherwise, Sonic."

Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip.

The hedgehog's ears folded back.

"and what have you heard about me?" he questioned, his mouth now curved into a sneer. It was all an act. Sonic knew that The Dark One had access to every tidbit of his life. He dreaded the Cthulu-ripoff's answer.

"I have heard, Sonic the Hedgehog, that you hail from a place that was once called 'Greenhill Zone'. You befriended the overlander, Dr. Ovi Kintobor, yes?" The Dark One started. Sonic growled, confirming this. "I also heard that it was you who created Robotnik." Sonic became silent, other than his rough wheezing.

Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip.

Sonic’s ears folded back from the noise. It was truly starting to bug him. Luckily, The Dark One broke the silence.

“You try to push back your worst memories, deep into the darkest pits of your mind… but that method won’t save you now…”

“What are you talking about??” Sonic snarled, demanding an answer. He was hating the sound of this.

“Tonight, Sonic. You will not be able to sleep. You shall relive every single moment in which you failed… over, and over, and over again…” Sonic went pale in the face, and it wasn’t because of his torture-wounds.

“The creation of Ivo Robotnik… your sending of Johnny Lightfoot to battle Chaos… to his death… your failed attempt at saving Amy Rose… you shall see all of it. Then, you shall see all of it again. And again. And it will keep going, Sonic. It will go on forever. And it will never stop.” Sonic sucked in Hell’s boiling-hot air. He prepared himself for the worst.

“Bring it on.” He replied firmly, and gave The Dark One a devilish grin. One that showed the world that he was Sonic the Hedgehog. That he could handle anything...

Those were his last sane thoughts.

________________________________________________________

The night was filled with the fallen angel’s yowls of horror, as he was inflicted with emotional pain repeatedly, swiftly, and without mercy. Still within his cuffs, Sonic was forced into a completely different world. He wasn’t asleep, but his eyes were closed, and he felt like he was living inside a nightmare. Over, and over, he saw every time he wasn’t fast enough… every time he wasn’t strong enough… every time his efforts led to nothing but failure. All night… all night.

The images were… taunting… Sonic couldn’t move… couldn’t breathe… could only watch. The images that he saw mocked him. He couldn’t move… or was he even himself? The Hedgehog seemed detached from where he was supposed to be standing… like he was watching a movie. If the movie played a few other movies, then rewound itself to play again.

Hours later. Where was he, again? Was it hours, or minutes? Amy’s blood-splattered face. Robotnik’s cold eyes. Those words… those god-awful words…

“Sonic… Johnny’s dead…”

Wash.

Rinse.
Repeat.

Death at his hands. Was he even a hedgehog? Hedgehog’s aren’t this evil, are they? Only evil hedgehogs let their friends die. He must be evil then. That must have been it. Why was he in Hell again? He had completely forgotten. Maybe it’s because he’s a demon, not a hedgehog, though he saw where some might make that mistake. He did look like a hedgehog, after all. Amy died again. Bye, Amy.

‘Who’s Amy?’ He thought. This Amy, girl. This pink hedgehog. Or demon. Or platypus. Was that her? She seemed to be in pain. Pain, before a slow death.

Water monsters now. Everyone looks so scared… why isn’t he - ?

The rabbit dies. Death, death, death, for poor little bunny. Poor, poor bunny.

“Sonic… Johnny’s dead…”

Yes, but who WAS Sonic, anywho? Unless… unless he was Sonic… unless he was the one to blame for these continuous deaths… if that was the case, then he was glad that he was locked up… so that he wouldn’t hurt anyone else. He couldn’t save them. He couldn’t save –

________________________________________________________

“Good morning, Sonic… how are you feeling?” The Dark One greeted cheerily. Sonic opened his eyes. The side effects to going mad in Hell shown through his eyes… his eyes, which where now an inky black… and wept the very same glistening darkness that shrouded his mind. The mobian looked up at the squid-demon, and mumbled a few sounds, as if he was trying to speak, but could no longer remember how to form sounds into words, words into sentences, sentences into sorrowful messages. He forgot who he was. The rules he lived by. His friends. His memories were now clouded by sheer, disturbing madness.

Sonic was sent back into his cell. On the walk there, the fallen angel named Lucifer glared at them both from his cell. The guard holding Sonic had shuddered.

In his cell, Sonic could only focus on one thing in his torn-up mind. Punishment. Punishment for him, for Sonic’s been a very bad, bad hedgehog.

He dug his claws into the fleshy palm of his hand until glistening, shining, angelic blood weaseled out from between the two flaps of broken skin, almost greeting the insane being that it lived in. Sonic then took his bleeding hand, and smeared it all over the wall of his cell until it scrawled out…

“Can’t sleep can’t save anyone”.

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Zukoinferno on February 5, 2010, 11:07:00 AM

Zukoinferno on
ZukoinfernoI loved this. It's very dark. But i can't help but wonder why I'm appleased by this ._.

OH, GOD, I'M TURNING INTO ONE OF THEM.

OUR GROUP.

WHY MEEEEEEEE!?!?

TheGameArtCritic on February 5, 2010, 11:45:54 AM

TheGameArtCritic on
TheGameArtCriticPffft. Chris, we all know that darkness attracts the inner evil in our hearts. XD

I'm glad you liked this. Writing the transformation from a sane person to one of insanity made me nervous.

Zukoinferno on February 6, 2010, 6:46:40 AM

Zukoinferno on
ZukoinfernoKINGDOM HEAAAAAAAARTS!!!!!

You seemed to capture the feeling of it well. Almost as if Sonic were a newborn, not knowing anyone. Least of all, himself.

TheGameArtCritic on February 6, 2010, 11:04:14 AM

TheGameArtCritic on
TheGameArtCriticoh, you. XP

So having him seem to interrupt himself was a good idea?

mechadragon13 on February 4, 2010, 8:36:27 PM

mechadragon13 on
mechadragon13whoooooooooooah.......

you're so good at writing scary thinhs that it frightens me ._.

TheGameArtCritic on February 5, 2010, 7:59:48 AM

TheGameArtCritic on
TheGameArtCriticOh thank you. :3

This is actually what I plan to make happen to Sonic...


... AND I'M BRINGING IN A BIBLICAL CHARACTER.

OH GOD.

LUCIFER.