Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Prolouge

To get away from the Dark Lord, Draco Malfoy finds himself in India. Will this be a safe haven? Or just another way of making his like a living hell?

Chapter 1 - Prolouge

Chapter 1 - Prolouge
Title: Witches of India
Rating: PG-13
Summary: (To be written later)
Disclaimer: Do you like having Internet? So do I. They don't have
Internet in jail. So please don't sue us because we so don't own Harry
Potter! We aren't making money off this. It's just for fun. Thanks
much.
Thanks too: Beth, who was our beta reader and Mary-Sue checker. Milli
for coming up with the names and support. Crissy for being so cool.


Prolouge

The rain seemed foreign to him. He had not seen it rain in this little farm since he was six. As he ran toward the barn, the rain slammed against him like hail. The black cloak didn't help at all. The wind rushed around him as he ran, making him feel like he was caught in a twister.

When, at last, he reached the barn, he threw the door open and collapsed onto a bail of hay.
"Ouch!" He screamed and stood up. He glared down at the hay and at the pitchfork sticking out of it, cursing it under his breath.

He looked around. Nothing had moved since his last visit. It smelled of horses and sheep and oil. They were scents he always connected with this place and the people he knew from here. It was deep in his soul, like magic, maybe even deeper. He breathed it in slowly, happily, as he found a freshly made rocking chair and sat in it.
The first time he had come here it had been with his mother. They'd been on a walk and wound up here. They'd snuck a peek at it, Draco wanting to know all about it. The next time it had been he and his friends, looking for trouble. And then it just became a place to go to whenever he was bored. It was his hide away.

He rocked back and forth, listening to the storm outside and waiting. The more he rocked, the more he thought about what had happened that night. He began to worry as he thought. He had been told to come here, to run here, rather. At first he hadn't understood, but now he did. This was the only place THEY couldn't find him. The only place he could hide until it was safe.

Why couldn't he kill him? He had been right there, right within reach of his goal. A goal that would have brought him glory. But he couldn't do it. Couldn't bring himself to do the deed and he hated himself for it. Now, he had risked not only his life,but the life of three other people. The only three people who had ever meant anything to him.

Thunder crashed through the sky and Draco jumped in his rocking chair. The air around him seemed filled with anger. Was his wrath so strong it could control the very air he breathed? No, however powerful he was, he was not omnipresent.

Another crash of thunder and the barn door flew open. Draco looked up to the a hooded figure moving toward him. Draco shot up and had his wand out. "Exp-" The wand flew out of his hand. Horrified, Draco looked at the figure, who also held a wand.

"What," came a raspy voice, "have I told you about spells?"

Draco visually relaxed. "Next time I'll do it silently." He said, picking up his wand and moving his hair from his eyes. Professor Snape pulled down his hood and closed the door. "Is he angry?" Draco asked.

"I haven't seen him yet," Snape said, taking the seat that Draco had been using. "But, yes, I can feel his anger. Bellatrix is no doubt wallowing in this."

Draco sat down on the floor, feeling very much like a child. "What took you so long, then?"

"I was hiding your mother. No, I can't tell you where she is, I'm afraid I have to keep that a secret, even from you. But now we must talk. I am taking you to live with a friend of mine. She will take care of you until such a time as it is safe to return to England. I do expect you to show her the respect you failed to show me this year."

Draco blushed slightly and looked down. "I'm sorry," he whispered.

"I know you are. And I forgive you." Snape sighed and shook his head. "I am very proud of you, Draco."

"Proud? Why? I couldn't do it, you where there!"

"I know. I'm glad. I did not like that he choose you to do the task. I knew you didn't have your father's willingness to take lives. I am very glad you proved me right."

Draco looked up at him, confused. He opened his mouth to speak but Snape cut him off.

"We have no time now. Come, it is getting late." He stood up and Draco did the same. "Take hold of my arm," Draco did so. "Now, we go to India."

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

butterfly111585 on November 1, 2005, 7:52:37 AM

butterfly111585 on
butterfly111585The cover piccy is up!! Go luck you must! ^^ Haha Malfoy: "I curse haystacks!" mwahahaha... hyper right now...^^