Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Genesis

The characters from my online doujinshii, Ultra Warriors, are sucked into the Digital World by a mysterious foe and forced to save all worlds from his malicious Digimon.

Chapter 1 - Genesis

Chapter 1 - Genesis
"Why
Why have I been chosen
Why am I the one who will save the world
Yet the world does not respect me
Is it destiny for the greatest heroes
To go unheralded?" ~The S


---

It was 2:34 in the morning, and sleep still wouldn't come for the man, laying restless in his bed. His wife wasn't with him, and he hadn't been able to so much as catch a nap in the two days of her absence. She'll be back tomorrow, he kept telling himself. But alas, he could not even keep his eyes closed. This was worse than the night he'd watched "The Ring."

The man in the bed was Steven Hunt, better known to his friends (and enemies) as The S. Even his wife, Jennifer referred to him as such. He was the reincarnation of a Nogan god known as Du Sig, and a vigilante as well. Along with Jen, his little brother Louis, and his best friend Carson Curley, they were a group known as the Ultra Warriors. But that wasn't the important thing right now. The only thing on his mind at this moment was not being with his lover. She was staying at her mom's following the reading of her grandmother's will. He was glad E.J. had killed that racist old bitty, but the witch made sure her death caused as much trouble as her life did.

S sat straight up in bed, scratching his bare chest absently. Then, he drowsily got out of bed and made his way across the hall to his son's room. The S looked down at the bed to see his five-year old son War lying on his back in a deep sleep. All was well with the boy, so he kissed him on the forehead and dragged himself back to his own bedroom.

Knowing very well that he would never be able to get back to sleep, The S decided to train his Digipet. Digipet was the newest edition of Digimon; not only was the 8-bit virtual pet in color and as powerful as a Game Boy, but it could interact with any of the four major game systems: CC & SH Blakout, Sony Playstation 4, Microsoft Nextbox, and Nintendo EX. Each console had a specific game that would boost the Digipet's stats significantly. The S had all four of these consoles, but, being the co-creator of the Blakout, this was his system of choice.

While waiting for the Blakout to boot up, he checked on his Digipet. His Digimon was Agumon, and through extensive training, it was nearly four times the size of a normal Agumon. However, for some reason, it was unable to Digivolve. That didn't stop him from being accepted to the D-1 Grand Prix Tournament Finals, though. This Agumon successfully destroyed Mega Digimon like Omnimon and Armageddemon within moments. Seconds later, the Blakout finished, and he plugged the Digipet into the controller slot. The Blakout Digimon game, Digimon Battle Pack Online, was essentially just Online versions of all of the Digimon fighting games previously released on other systems, with better graphics. However, its compatibility with the Digipet was its selling point. It allowed players to insert their Digipet character into the game and select it for battle in place of the regular Digimon.

The S selected the Digimon Rumble Arena 2 Beta Version, in which the Digimon fought with weapons. He was facing off against three other players online, two of which he was familiar with. There was Kame with his Tsukaimon, and Surge with his Keramon. The other player was named #~~~-~~~#, and had a Monodramon.

The fight began, and Tsukaimon quickly trounced Kurisarimon, which had Digivolved from Surge's Keramon. The Monodramon kept away from the battle, however, and the fight escalated between the gigantic Agumon and the Tsukaimon.

"The time is now, Herb 'ol buddy," S said into the headset mic. He only got a laugh in reply. Tsukaimon dove at Agumon with his spear, but Agumon's katana blocked the attack. S proceeded to initiate a combo against Tsukaimon consisting of four sword swipes and a Pepper Breath. Tsukaimon, however quickly recovered and retalliated with a Purple Fog attack. Tsukaimon shot a huge purple cloud that covered Agumon, slowly sapping its health.

With the reflexes of a cheetah, S pulled his digital partner out of the devastating attack. The split-second manuever caught Kame and his Tsukaimon off guard. Agumon busted out a six-hit sword slash combo, completely depleting Tsukaimon's life meter.

S turned his Agumon and headed toward the Monodramon that had been strangely absent from the fight.
"Hey, buddy, you shy or something?"
The S waited for a reply for several minutes before going over to the other Digimon. Maybe the player's not even at the controls, he thought. He stopped in front of the Digimon, and found out how wrong he was. Suddenly, the Monodramon transformed into a bigger, much more powerful Digimon.
DARKTYRANNOMON.
The S muttered a curse under his breath and ran for the health powerup on the other side of the screen. Just as he collected the icon, the DarkTyrannomon was right next to him. The monstrous beast grabbed Agumon and slammed him into the ground.
"Blast!" S said. "He's so quick, I didn't see him come up to me. Caught me completely offguard."
S attempted a three-hit sword combo, but only got one hit in before the DarkTyrannomon moved out of the way.
"What the?"
Agumon was sent sailing across the arena from a single smash with DarkTyrannomon's mace. Just before Agumon hit the ground, DarkTyrannomon shot off a Fire Blast from its mouth, knocking S's Digimon further into the air. Luckily, when Agumon finally landed, it was on a health power-up.

"Dang! What is up with this dude?" DarkTyannomon was coming near him quickly. S rapidly jammed on the buttons, hoping he could somehow do something. After several sword slashes and Pepper Breaths that missed, S finally pressed something that helped.

Apparently, unknown to S, Agumon's Digivolve meter had been filling up the entire time. He had pressed the Digivolve button on pure accident. Who knows how he finally got enough power to Digivolve, as he should have had enough experience points to Digivolve to Ultimate Level. Whatever the case, S was glad that he could Digivolve.

Agumon grew even larger, becoming a huge dinosaur with a brown skull helmet known as Greymon. This Greymon, however, was twice as big as a normal one, and had a reddish tint to its skin.

"All right!" S said, pumping a fist into the air. "Let's get him, Greymon!" S had Greymon dash toward DarkTyrannomon and swing at it with a five-hit combo. #~~~-~~~# attempted to move his Digimon out of the way, but Greymon was too fast. Wielding a sword that Cloud Strife would have a tough time using, Greymon swiftly slashed up the DarkTyannomon. As a finishing blow, Greymon blasted his opponent with a massive Nova Blast.

As the game tallyed up the players' experience points, S attempted to congratulate the DarkTyrannomon's partner.
"Hey dude, great match. You nearly got me. That's the closest I've ever been to being defeated."
Silence.
"Are you shy or something?"
The only thing he heard before the player logged off was laughter. Maniacal laughter. Familiar laughter.

COMMENTS:
---------
Well, I've been meaning to release this one for quite a while. Also, I was half-asleep when I wrote this one. Well, the real action will begin soon, so stay tuned!
ExPlAnAtIoNs: That "E.J." mentioned second paragraph is Evil Jen, the clone of The S's wife that, with her "brothers" Evil S, Evil Carson, and Evil Louis, went on a killing spree. "E.S.", "E.C.", and "E.L." were killed, but nobody knows what happened to E.J....

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment