Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Bad omens

Serenity was an ordinary 11th grader, untill she became anything but ordinary....

Chapter 1 - Bad omens

Chapter 1 - Bad omens


Serenity was your ordinary teenager. Nothing about her was more or less different from anyone else. Until that strange day at school when the unexpected came rushing into her life.

The dark storm clouds rolled in all across the sky. Rain poured down in buckets, drenching the students stuck outside. The class was being punished for unruly behavior (mainly from the obnoxious boys in the back of the room). The 11th grade class now had to pick up trash outside until their limbs were frozen. Did Serenity imagine it or was there an evil gleam in her teacher's eye? Probably every one in the class thought that.

The teacher's name lived up to her personality: Mrs. Strickland. Pretty much everyone thought of her as evil except the boys at the back who weren't afraid of anything. They especially didn't care about risking everyone else's limbs. They would think up some ingenious plan to keep themselves dry.

Serenity's teeth were chattering and her fingers felt like they were made of ice when Mrs. Strickland came out with an umbrella an hour later.

“All right, who gets to go in first, boys or girls?” She said, with that evil look in her eye. This time Serenity knew she saw it.

The boys and girls face each other, Boys smiling, girls glaring.

“I know, we'll have a contest. One member from each side will chose a contestant to sing a song that I chose. If they don't know it, they stay out here an hour more.”

Why does she enjoy torturing us like this? Serenity thought. And in the weirdest ways, too.

“No volunteers? Okay, I'll choose. Grant, you represent the boys, Serenity, you represent the girls.”

Why ME?

Mrs. Strickland choose Sebben Crudele, an Italian song. Lucky for Serenity, she knew it. Unfortunately, so did Grant. At least, the tune.

So Grant hummed. Then I sang. An evil sneer spread across Mrs. Strickland's face. Later Serenity would wished she'd run away then.

“You lose,” Mrs. Strickland said looking directly at me. But she didn't mean the contest. Serenity felt a muscular hand cover her mouth so she couldn't scream and an arm wrap itself tightly across her stomach, pinning her arms at her sides. Slowly she was dragged backwards as she fought against her captor, watching her teacher and all her classmates wave goodbye…


Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

thepenguinkidwhorule on January 23, 2006, 9:31:12 PM

thepenguinkidwhorule on
thepenguinkidwhoruleOK, they are, it's rather weird to meet an artist and an authour both with the same intreiging name

Mutos_gurl101 on December 30, 2005, 3:17:45 PM

Mutos_gurl101 on
Mutos_gurl101Awesome I love it plzzzz write more... pooor serenity :(

*Addz to faves*

RickRaccoon on December 29, 2005, 7:12:22 AM

RickRaccoon on
RickRaccoonNice job! its scary i had a teacher like that except her name was mrs payne. and trust me she was a pain. ^.^ cant wait to see the next chapter

Neta on December 29, 2005, 1:01:18 AM

Neta on
Netaweeeeeeeird... kinda reminds me of one of my teachers actually. hahah. write more, i want to know what happens!!!