Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Weird Just Got Weirder

Serenity was an ordinary 11th grader, untill she became anything but ordinary....

Chapter 2 - Weird Just Got Weirder

Chapter 2 - Weird Just Got Weirder


Serenity's feet were dragged through the muddy earth as she watched her class disappear. She looked pleadingly at them even though she knew it was too late. Then Mrs. Strickland's eyes glowed. They glowed red. How weird is that?

Suddenly Serenity felt herself be whirled around to face the direction she was being hauled. She fought back with all her strength but her captor was too strong, all she was doing was making herself tired. Then she felt her captor's breath against the side of her face as he (it was definitely a he) whispered to her.

“Just go along with it, I'm on your side.”

Yeah right, Serenity thought to herself.

Finally they got to the edge of the schoolyard. But as she watched the parking lot draw near, it fell into the earth, changing into a deep chasm. Serenity screamed and tried to turn back but his arms were too strong. Just when she thought things couldn't get any weirder, a gigantic monster came out. Shiny scale rippled down its immense hulk while its teeth glimmered in what little light there was. Razor as long as a full grown man's arm rested at the end of each oversized claw.

Fear gripped Serenity's heart. She heard a sound of metal on metal behind her and turned to see what it was. Finally, she got a good look at the kidnapper. Her heart melted and she began to feel all tingly inside. He was gorgeous! But he was wearing a breastplate and gauntlets over his dark clothing. On top of his white hair was a long gray hat.

Then she pinpointed the metal noise. He'd drawn a huge sword, as long as she was tall, and held it in the hand that had been covering her mouth.

The monster in front of them gave a deafening roar. Serenity was brought back to the present as icy fear reclaimed her heart.

Then she felt herself being hoisted into the air as her captor jumped. They began to soar through the air, straight towards the beast. The monster's blood red eyes homed in on the odd couple and launched on of his claws at them. The claw found its mark, on Serenity's arm.

A long red gash ran all the way down her arm. Blood dripped from the long wound. Serenity shoved her fist in her mouth to keep from screaming in her captor's ear.

Just as they passed over the monster's head, the man holding Serenity thrust his sword into its brain. They landed on its falling form and then were off again, sailing through the air like two very strange birds. Finally they landed on the other side. Serenity wanted to lie down and kiss the soaking dirt, but neither her captor nor her arm would allow.

“If I let go of you, will you swear to stay right there?” he asked.

Fear still slightly holding on, Serenity could only nod.

Then he pulled out a strange, round instrument that Serenity recognized as an ocarina. As he played a beautiful, hypnotic tune, another hole opened up in the earth, only this one was purple. It ripped like the waves in the ocean and sparks popped out.

“What is that?” Serenity asked, her voice only a hoarse whisper.

“We must hurry this world has been unstable since I showed up,” was his reply. Then he grabbed Serenity around the waist and jumped in…

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Neta on December 29, 2005, 8:27:42 AM

Neta on
NetaOOOOOh!!! I love this!!! I can't wait 'til you have another dream! I can't wait to read what's next! ;D

RickRaccoon on December 29, 2005, 8:20:25 AM

RickRaccoon on
RickRaccoonKeep goin keep goin! I want to read more! ^-^ and wat kind of names were u talkin about? like some character names?