Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Finally some sleep

Serenity was an ordinary 11th grader, untill she became anything but ordinary....

Chapter 5 - Finally some sleep

Chapter 5 - Finally some sleep


Tlen looked at Serenity with absolute seriousness. “Look, tonight you need as much sleep as you can get. And I don't want to completely confuse you.”

Serenity looked back at him. “Fine, then just answer a couple more questions. First, where are we going tomorrow that I'll need a lot of sleep for?” She eyed him carefully, but it only made him break into a huge grin.

“Well, I hope I don't scare you too much because we've got to cross those mountains. There weren't dangers for you just in your world. People are hunting you. Kings of different kingdoms want larger land to rule. By capturing you they can force you too give them what they want. At least here I can protect you better.”

“How come you, of all the people here, are protecting me? I mean, it could be anyone.”

Tlen let out a sigh. “I'm sure you'll know soon enough.”

Serenity wasn't. She still didn't understand what the heck she was doing here really.

Slowly, her eyes started to droop. Tlen noticed and smiled again. “Better start getting some of that sleep now. We'll leave early so we can buy some more supplies. You won't get half way in that,” he said, referring to her dress.

Serenity frowned at him. “Then why'd you get it?”

He just shrugged. “You need some souvenir.” He let out a little laugh. It was a good laugh, one that captivated her for a moment. Then she shook herself out of it, figuring she was just tired.

Tlen helped Serenity up from their table and they headed up the wooden stairs to their rented room.

Since Serenity didn't have any shoes to wear except her Converse sneakers from Earth, all she had to do to get ready for bed was lay down.

As she drifted off to bed, she silently hoped that she wouldn't snore. It seemed she'd made a bad enough impression as is.







Serenity felt herself be shaken awake. The light of dawn could barely be seen streaming through the one window. Groggily, Serenity tried to remember where she was. Then memory flooded back to her.

She shot upright in the bed and looked over to see who had waken her. Once again she looked into those strange white eyes that belonged to none other than Tlen.

“Time to go,” He gently whispered in her ear.

Slowly, she stood up as a wave of dizziness washed over her as her bare feet touched the cold wood floor. Temporarily her vision went black then the light started filling in again.

Serenity looked down at her arm. Tlen must've changed the bandage while she was asleep, because a new white one replaced her old bloody one.

She walked towards the door, gathering her few possessions as she went.

“Shall we?”


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment