Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Earth Keeper

Serenity was an ordinary 11th grader, untill she became anything but ordinary....

Chapter 8 - Earth Keeper

Chapter 8 - Earth Keeper


Since they had begun their journey, Serenity had secretly been practicing her Earth Keeper ability. So far, she'd been succeeding. A wiggle of a little blade of grass here, a shake of a tree leaf there. No large victories until just a moment ago.

When the pinecone hit her hand, Serenity tried to pick it up. But before her hand even touched it, it started to float in the air! All she had done was think about lifting it and the pinecone seemed to have done the rest. Then something really weird started to happen. Not that flying pinecones isn't weird, but this was much weirder. On the weird scale, this was a definite ten.

Her blood was boiling. Only it wasn't hot, just a warm, bubbly feeling up and down her arm. When she looked at it, her bandage fresh blood coated the white cloth and was starting to bubble. She couldn't explain it but she enjoyed the sensation. Serenity nudged Tlen. Finally he peeled his eyes away from the direction the squirrel had gone.

His jaw dropped. “How did you know what to do?”

“I didn't.”

The two stared at the floating pinecone until Serenity finally dropped her hand and the pinecone fell to the ground.

“I'd been practicing while we were walking, but nothing ever really happened till now.”

“Well, you're going to have more chances to practice. We're leaving now.”

“What? Why? It was just a squirrel.”

“Yeah, a squirrel being controlled by Zharayne.”

“How did he find us?”

“Oh, trust me, he has his ways.”

Without another word, they both left there would-be-campsite as quickly as they could.

Serenity scrambled after Tlen. “Okay. It's about time you start explaining a few more things. Start with the day you brought me here.”

Without looking back, he said, “Well, you know almost everything about your teacher. But the reason that monster came up was because your world became too unstable after I showed up. I can't really explain it, but that's where the monster came from.”

“Wait! That monster came from Fayrah?!”

“Not necessarily Fayrah. It could've been from Gidora, Zharayne's home, or anywhere.

“And what about that ocarina? How does that work?”

“It's a special tool given to me by someone very close that allows me to travel to different worlds.”

Then Tlen broke into a run. “Stop talking. We're both going to need all of our strength.”

“Why? We reached the mountains.”

“I thought I said stop talking? Well, you saw it. Zharayne knows where we are. He probably found us when you were practicing on trees and grass.”

Not quite understanding (when had she?) Serenity said, “I don't get it!”

Frustrated Tlen turned to face her. “Zharayne can find you or any Earth Keeper simply by sensing when they use their ability. Do you get it know?”

“Yes. But it's not my fault! It's not every day a normal teenager gets taken to some…some…weird place!”

Tlen took a step back with a look of regret. “I'm sorry. But if something ever happened to you, it would be my fault.” Then without another word, he turned around and started walking again. Serenity felt lost. She didn't understand what was going on really. How come it would be his fault? Wouldn't it be her fault for not doing something? But she didn't ask anymore questions, just kept walking closely behind Tlen.




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment