Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Land Ho

What would you do if you found an old treasure map to a legendary planet? Jim Hawkins, your average 16 yer old, found one, and no he's out to fins the treasure and prove his own worth.
author's note: Ive added a character and changed it up a bit. Enjoy!

Chapter 5 - Land Ho

Chapter 5 - Land Ho






The crew rushed up the stairs with excitement. Each one fought for a spot on the railing to get a good look at what theyd been journeying to find. John Silver was one of the first people leaning over the side to get a better look at the huge planet. Its rings shone in the early morning light. One wing was a green plasma and the other looked like blue electricity, zipping around the planet. Silvers eyes widened at the glorious sight. He dug his hands in his pockets as he looked for something. Where the devil has my spyglass gone? He retreated away from the crowds to see Bekkah, Leaning over the opposite rail holding her stomach with one hand. Bekkah? Are you okay?





She looked up in surprise. Oh&uh&yeah, perfectly.





Still looking doubtful, Silver nodded and continued walking. If ya say so.





Below decks in the galley, Jim stayed in the barrel a few seconds longer, holding his breath to make sure the crew was gone. Finally pulling himself together, he pushed himself out, letting Morph fly free from his hand. He was about to stomp outside when Silver came down the stairs. Both froze in their tracks. Silver looked to the side and advanced slowly forward. Jimbo. Playin games, are we?





Backing up to the table, Jims hands scrambled to pick up something, anything, that he could use to defend himself. Yeah&Yeah, were playin games.





Silver nodded as if he inderstood and continued advancing. Behind his back, he began switching his mechanical hand for a knife. Oh. I never was much good at games. Always hated to loose.





Jims hand hit cold metal. Wrapping his fingers around it, he charged forward. Me too! Pulling out the object, he sliced through the weak part in Silvers leg. It began to leak air as Silver cried in both agony and rage.





Dashing onto deck, Jim froze. Leaning over the railing, he saw Bekkah. But before he could do anything else, Silver charged onto deck, blowing a high pitched whistle.





Change of plans, boys! We move now! Cheering rose across the ship as all the crew members scrambled to take control of the R.L.S. Legacy.





But time stood still for Jim when Bekkah stood up and noticed him watching her sadly. He mouthed a single word to her. Why?





She shook her head. The sadness hed seen in her eyes not too long ago was now evident. Im so sorry, she mouthed back. Something yanked Jims arm, snapping him back to reality. Dilbert had a firm hold of it as he ran, following Captain Amelia into her cabin. She pulled them all into the charming room and thrust the door shut with a mighty heave. After locking it securely, she dashed to a small vault where she kept an extra supply of guns and the treasure map.





Outside, chaos reigned. Silver bellowed orders to the alien crew. Mr. Onus! Strike her colors!





An alien with at least a dozen eyes jumped with glee as he yelled back in a high pitched voice, Veet pleasure, Capeen! Silver puffed up with pride as the black flag with a white skull on it went flying into the sky. Turning back to the ship, he watched as another alien with four, extremely buff arms tear through the door of the armory and come back loaded with guns. The crew let out another deafening cheer. Silver smiled wickedly. Everything was running smoothly.





In the Captains cabin, Amelia was tossing guns to Dilbert and Jim. Pirates on my ship! Ill see them all hanged! Then turning to Dilbert she asked about the weapon he was holding upside down. Doctor, are you familiar with these?





Uhm&well&Ive read- At that, he accidentally fired the gun, narrowly missing Amelias head. Uh, no, not really.





Amelia tossed the round treasure map to Jim. Defend this with your life, Mr. Hawkins. Instinctively, he caught it. But Morph was soon trying to take the shiny object out of his hands.





Morph! Gimme that! But the little pink blob thought it was all a game. Before anyone could do anything, a blast could be heard coming from the door.





Captain Amelia took charge. Theyre breaking in! Hurry! she began to fire a rifle at the floor. It didnt take long for Jim and Dilbert to catch on. After a large enough hole had been created they hopped in. To the longboats, quickly! She led them through a winding tunnel. They ran for what seemed like forever until they arrived at the docking bay with the only two longboats. They all dashed headlong for one, knowing their lives depended on it. Amelia pulled a heavy lever that opened the bay doors.





At this moment, the pirates had broken into the captains cabin. It took only a quick inspection to realize what they wanted was missing. The map is gone! Stop em!





The former crew quickly made it to the longboats before Jim, Amelia, and Dilbert could escape. But that wasnt the largest of Jims worries.





Morph! No! The little blob had caught the map in his now-oversized mouth and was flying away with it.





Dilbert saw what was going on and yelled urgently, Jim, Hurry! But he had to turn his attention back to the pirates, who were beginning to fire at the longboat. Captain Amelia had already taken aim and shot one of five. Closing his eyes, Dilbert fired. His shot hit the rope that was holding up a large spare engine. It will with a sickening crash, taking the remaining four aliens on a journey to the ground.





Amelia turned to him, quite impressed. Did you actually aim for that?





Dilbert looked at the gun in his hand. You know, I did!





Jim was not having so much luck. Silver had caught up with him and both of them were now trying to coax Morph over.





Reaching his hands coaxingly, Jim called to the pink blob like a dog. Morph! Here Morph!





But Silver, whod known Morph the longest, felt like he had more hope with the little guy. Morph!...Morphey, come here! Not knowing who to go to, Morph looked both ways, then plunged into a coil of rope, taking the map with him. Silver and Jim looked at each other. Then pushing their feet forward, ran to the coil of rope. Jim was younger and didnt have gadgets for limbs, so he made it first. Diving forward, he barely grabbed the spherical map before Silver made it. Turning around, Jim began running with all he had, pushing each limb to the limit.





Now!! Amelia and Dilbert fired their guns at the ropes tying the longboat to the Legacy. Jim dove head first into the smaller boat, but missed his target. His fingers groped through thin air until they finally took hold of the longboats edge. At this point, the boat was falling with alarming speed, heading towards the ground. Amelia fired up the engine, yelling, Hydraulics, engaged! The single, red solar sail unfurled and the little boat gave a lurch as it regained control.





Dilbert quickly leaned over the edge and pulled Jim into the steadying ship.





On the R.L.S. Legacy, the big, brass cannon was being fired up by an oversized and fat pirate. Hehe, come to papa! Bekkah turned her head, suddenly snapping back to reality.





She began to run towards the crewman with wide eyes. No! But before she got there, Silver began hobbling over.





His one good eye was as wide as it could go as he yelled in alarm, Hold your fire!! Well lose the map!!! But it was too late. The pirates fat thumb pressed down on the firing control before anyone could stop him. The only thing either Silver or Bekkah could do was stare with wide, horrified eyes as the giant fire-ball flew towards the unsuspecting boat.





Fortunately for the longboat, Dilbert spotted the cannons shot coming towards them. Instinctively, he called out, Captain! Laser-ball at twelve-o-clock!! Unfortunately, Amelia couldnt move the control in time. Panic swept through them all as the cannon hit the back of the boat, disabling both their sail, and their engine in one swift move. They all were jolted forward and Amelia cried with pain as the fire singed her arm.





But that was the least of their problems. The longboat was falling with rapidly increasing speed, this time with nothing to stop it. Smoke billowed out from the engine as they all plummeted to the ground, helpless to stop their impending doom.





They hit the ground, nose first. The momentum of their crash caused the longboat to flip over, where it lay, unmoving, trapping the three inside.

















Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Mutos_gurl101 on June 30, 2006, 1:27:22 PM

Mutos_gurl101 on
Mutos_gurl101Cool!!! I enjoyed reading this... good job

Redwall_Artist on June 28, 2006, 8:59:02 AM

Redwall_Artist on
Redwall_ArtistWow. Good one. I know what happens next, but I want to read it. You can paint a picture in the reader's head.