Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - The Map

What would you do if you found an old treasure map to a legendary planet? Jim Hawkins, your average 16 yer old, found one, and no he's out to fins the treasure and prove his own worth.
author's note: Ive added a character and changed it up a bit. Enjoy!

Chapter 7 - The Map

Chapter 7 - The Map






A distant sun was setting somewhere far away on Treasure Planet as Jim trudged back to B.E.N.s home. He climbed over the doorway into the dimly lit room and sat down, not sure whether to feel angry, sad, or hurt. Putting his head in his hands, Jim looked around to see what had happened in his absence. The captain was leaning against a moss covered dome with Dilbert hovering over her anxiously.





Grunting in pain, Amelia tried giving orders. Gentlemen, we must stick together&and&and&





Dilbert looked at her with wide eyes. &And what? We must stick together and what?!





Amelia looked into his eyes with a dreamy, but somewhat delusional, expression. Doctor, you have&wonderful eyes.





Shes gone mad!! Dilbert took off his glasses in frustration and sat down next to her.





Jim stood up and walked to the entrance way. Placing his head in one of his hands, he began to think. Without the map were dead. If we try to leave, were dead. If we stay here..





Morph hovered about him, punctuating each word by exploding. Were dead! Were dead, were dead, were dead!!





B.E.N. slowly crept to the back of his dwelling. Well, I think that Jim could use a little quiet time. So Ill just slip out the back door-





Jims eyes opened wide. Back door?





Jabbing a robotic finger at a dome in the back, B.E.N. replied, Oh yeah, I get a delightful breeze through here. As he pushed against the dome, it began to make an awful grinding noise. Jim suddenly understood.





Calling over to Dilbert and Amelia, he began to help B.E.N. flip the dome around. Hey, Doc! I think I found a way out of here! The dome turned out to be a huge ball placed in the ground as a sort of doorway. After theyd flipped it around, a hole in the top was visible.





Excitement rushed through Jim as he peered into the greenish light that filtered through. Before anyone could stop him, he hopped through the opening, with B.E.N. close behind him. Ill be back!





No! Jim! The captain told us to stay together! Dilberts words trailed off when he realized he was only talking to a wall.





&&&&&&&&&&.





Bekkah was dozing lightly with her head rested against a tuff of moss at the makeshift camp. Evening shades cast shadows around the sleeping pirates faces. She woke completely to a grinding noise coming from her left. Keeping her eyes mostly closed, she watched as Jim and B.E.N. crept out from a secret tunnel. A smile grew on her features and she closed her eyes the rest of the way. Goodnight, Jim, she mumbled as she fell asleep again.





Only a few minutes later, the two comrades snuck into the longboat. They carefully untied each rope and flew away. Jims heart pounded as the longboat cut the night air. In the distance, he could see the R.L.S. Legacy, floating majestically on the Etherium.





With all the stealthyness he could muster, Jim pulled himself over the side of the ship into the threshold. B.E.N. on the other hand, stumbled in, making a loud noise that Jim was sure the pirates on the ground would here.





Taking a deep breath, he reminded the robot of his orders. Ok&now Ill get the map, you wait here!





The irrepressible robot already had made some plans of his own. Roger, Jimmy! Ill neutralize laser cannons, sir! Before Jim could tell him otherwise, he was off.





No! B.E.N.? Wait! Shaking his head, Jim proceeded to the longboat hold, with Morph following.





B.E.N. hummed a pirate ditty as he made way to the control room. Just disable a few laser cannons, how hard can that be? All we have to do is find that one little wire and& Surprise etched his metallic features as he opened the main control station. There were literally hundreds of wires. Oh mama.





Randomly, he began pulling plugs. A loud siren sounded. Uh-oh.





Meanwhile, Jim had just grabbed the map form the coils of rope. When he heard the siren go off, he turned and started heading for the door. That stupid robot is going to get us all killed! No sooner had he spoken then Scroob entered the bay.





Smiling an evil, blood-chilling sneer, he said, Hello, cabin boy.





It didnt take long for Jims legs to start again. He turned and ran in the opposite direction, with Morph trying to buy him time. Turning into a pie, the little pink blob smashed himself in Scroobs face. Wiping away Morph agitatedly, the spider pursued Jim.





Jim dashed madly down the hallway, clinging to the map for all he was worth.





Back in the control room, B.E.N. was still fiddling with the numerous wires. This has to be the cannons! Unfortunately, it wasnt. He started to float into the air as the artificial gravity decreased.





Jim closed his eyes for a brief moment to regain his courage. Spinning around, he took his chance. Grabbing hold of a pipe, Jim kicked Scroob in the gut, sending him smashing through the ceiling and into the dark sky. But Jim was son to follow. The force of his kick forced him to let go of his hold on the pipe, and he was now quickly flying up into the Etherium.





Scroob had grabbed a rope with one claw and with the other, he reached out to grab Jim. He missed, and Jim continued to float upwards. Just before he was lost forever, he grabbed the pirate flag.





Jims eyes rolled in every direction, trying to form a plan in his mind. They finally came to rest above his head on his gun that was silently and unnoticeably floating upwards. Reaching out for all he was worth, his fingertips brushed the gun handle. Come one, come one. No! Unfortunately, it began hurtling out of reach. Panic swelled in his veins.





Turning his eyes back to Scroob, the spider creature had crawled up the main-mast and was sneering up at the helpless Jim. Oh yesss! His claw sawed at the rope holding the flag to the mast, and Jim with it. Say hello to Mr. Arrow for me, boy!





Gathering his courage, Jim scrambled down the flag and kicked Scroob in the back. Tell him yourself! Scroob flew into the open air, with nothing to hold to but the flag that had wrapped itself around his body.





Just as Jim touched the planked floor of the ship, B.E.N. came up, covered in wires. The gravity had been restored.





Laser cannons disconnected, Captain Jimmy, sir! See? That wasnt too bad. Jim couldnt help the smile that slid across his face.





A short while later, the two friends crawled through the dome exit theyd used to escape. Jim couldnt stop the excitement welling up inside. Doc! Doc, Im back! Ive got the map!





Fine work, Jimbo! The voice sent shivers up and down Jims spine. The map was snatched from his hands. Fine work indeed. An evil smile crossed John Silvers craggy features.





Two burly pirates grabbed both of his arms as Jim took in his surroundings. Dilbert and Captain Amelia were tied up off to one side while the rest of the room was filled with sweaty and terrifying pirates. As he fought to free himself from his captors, his eyes rested on Bekkah, standing behind a couple of pirates, looking distressed and sad. Uncontrollable anger filled all of Jims senses. Hed been betrayed again.





Bekkah tried as hard as she could to fight back tears. She knew it wasnt her fault, but she couldnt help but feeling like it was. She watched as her long time teacher and friend fought to open the map.





Silver turned his mechanical arm into a clamp and tried to pry the sphere apart to no avail.





Jim laughed and shook his head. Glaring angrily at the boy, Silver took to desperate measures. His cyborg hand changed into a gun and he pointed it directly at Dilberts head. Open it! And get busy!





Reluctantly, Jim took the brass map from the pirates hand. Without even looking down, he pushed some of the symbols and twisted it a couple of times. The map opened in a flurry of green. The green light formed into a trail leading out of B.E.N.s abode.





Grinning with satisfaction, Silver said, Oh, wouldya look at that! Tie him up with the others.





Bekkah stepped up. Maybe we should take him with us. What if the map closed? We wouldnt be able to open it again. Just as she finished saying this, Jim closed the map.





Looking up at the pirate with dark eyes, Jim said, I agree. You want the map youre taking me too.





Silver reluctantly agreed. Alright, lads, well take em all!





Moments later, they all found themselves in the last longboat, following the green, pulsing signal produced by the map. When they could no longer use the boat, they walked. Changing his mechanical arm yet again, Silver began hacking at vegetation in excitement. Were getting close, lads, I can smell treasure awaitin!





B.E.N. grabbed Jims arm and motioned ahead of him. Jimmy, Im starting to see my life pass before my eyes&At least, I think its my life. Was I ever dancing with android named Lily?





Jim silenced him. Shhh! This isnt over yet. His eyes flickered this way and that, watching each pirate carefully.





The green light above them began to speed up. Excitement filled everyones sense as they cut through the last of the vegetation. For a brief moment, Bekkah forgot all her troubles. What laid behind the last bit of weeds could change her life forever. Finally, after what seemed like hours, the green pipe weeds gave way to a sheer, rocky cliff. Bekkah could feel her heart sink.





The green light went to the edge of the cliff and stopped. One particular pirate(a green alien with a bunch of eyes on tentacles) spoke for everyone. I see nuttink! Vun great beeg hunk of nuttink!





Nothing at all.

















Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Redwall_Artist on July 31, 2006, 7:46:28 AM

Redwall_Artist on
Redwall_ArtistYay! I feel sorry for Bekkah in this chapter.