Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter One

What would happen if Sephiroth survived after the final battle? What would happen if the planet forsaw it and unleashed the Master Weapon? This is my take on Sephiroth's past.

Chapter 1 - Chapter One

Chapter 1 - Chapter One
Hello everyone! *^-^* I’m Tiamat, the writer. This is my first fanfiction so I hope you enjoy it. I would love it if everyone reviewed my story. Please be honest but not harsh. If you wish to contact me, my e- mail is seraphicangel2004@yahoo.com or you may do so on AIM (Serapimcalls)

Disclaimer: I don’t own FF7, I only wish I did. Only my characters and the storyline are mine. The song in the story isn’t mine either, it’s a song by Evanescence called “My Immortal.” If this story resembles another, it is merely coincidental, but if there’s a huge problem then contact me and I’ll see what I can do.

Chapter One

“I’m so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you just leave
Because your presence still lingers here
And it won’t leave me alone . . .”

It took her many days on foot to reach her destination. The cold of the mountains hadn’t even fazed her. The snow that clung to her eyelashes did not hinder her. Nor did the wind, which beat against her furiously, restrain her . . . and even after all of these fierce trials of nature, there was no sense of triumph or victory in her colorless gray eyes. Only a fatal sense of grief lingered in them. She had reached the crater of a great battle. A battle that had threatened the planet’s very being. A battle instigated by one of an unsound mind, of a grieving heart, and of a tortured soul. She merely sighed heavily and began to make her way down into the crater’s center.

* * *

He lay there in darkness thinking clearly, perhaps for the first time. How long had he laid here? One day, one week , one year, one century? It felt more like one eternity. He could feel his body revive itself slowly. Soon it would begin to hurt as cells recreated and multiplied. When bones begin to form, forcing their way through his body. When he would begin to feel once again. But for now, he merely watched as memories began to surface in his subconscious. The first memory played itself softly in his mind. . .
A small gray-haired child with teal green eyes that glowed eerily was bent over another child who lay lifelessly on the floor. The gray-haired child was weeping quietly. He never took his eyes off the boy who lay on the ground. As the child cried, a man with unkempt sandy brown hair and a lab coat, walked in mumbling incoherent words as he stared a his clip board. The name tag read ‘Professor Gast.’ When he looked up from his clip board, his attention focused on the pair. The child looked up as the Professor walked in.
“Professor! Professor!” the boy sobbed as he ran to the man. “I didn’t mean to do it. He was being mean to me again and I told him to stop and . . . and he wouldn’t stop hitting me and then I said ‘You’d better stop or you’ll be sorry’ and he didn’t’ stop so I. . .so I. . .,” the gray- haired child stopped and began to cry frantically. Professor Gast collected the distressed child into his arms and whispered words of comfort until the child, finally exhausted, slept deeply in his arms. He glanced at the child who lay dead on the floor, his gaze unreadable. Then he glared at a man who had watched the entire ordeal in the shadows.
“Hojo. . .,” Gast growled. “Somehow, I knew that this was your doing.”
The dream faded into darkness once again. Was he the crumpled boy who lay on the ground? Or was he the weeping child, who was responsible for the death of the innocent one? Who was he really? Why was he here?

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

One_Winged_Angel13 on August 5, 2004, 4:39:36 AM

One_Winged_Angel13 on
One_Winged_Angel13What? no comments? it sounds good, add more! ^o^