Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter Two

What would happen if Sephiroth survived after the final battle? What would happen if the planet forsaw it and unleashed the Master Weapon? This is my take on Sephiroth's past.

Chapter 2 - Chapter Two

Chapter 2 - Chapter Two
Disclaimer: I don’t own FF7, I only wish I did. Only my characters and the story line is mine. The song in the story isn’t mine either, it’s a song by Evanescence called “My Immortal.” If this story resembles another, it is merely coincidental, but if there’s a huge problem then contact me and I’ll see what I can do.

Chapter Two

“These wounds won’t seem to heal
This pain is just to real
There’s too much that time cannot erase
When you’d cry, I’d wipe away all of your tears
When you’d scream, I’d fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me . . .”

The descent to the crater’s center was a long way down from the maze of tunnels and ledges where she was. She could have merely jumped straight down to the bottom rather than go through the trouble of walking, but walking was longer. It would take much longer to reach . . . him. Why did she hesitate? She left the question hanging in the air. The answer was unthinkable. Was she afraid of what she might find down in the crater’s very core? Yes . . . and no. Only one creature could ever harm her and he was long since dead. Still she was afraid. Afraid of what she might find. Afraid of what she might do. Afraid to feel what she once felt. The woman simply walked on.

* * *

The memories were becoming harder to control, if he had any control over them at all. Flashes of people’s faces, fire, darkness, and monsters all blurred together, agitating him all the more. None of it made sense to him. But the face that confused him the most was her face. Divine gray eyes that seemed to take in everything and yet reveal nothing. Raven black hair that cast back all the colors of the rainbow. He tried to hold on that face the longest. It seemed she was the only memory that made him feel . . . something. Was that his mother? He didn’t think so. The feeling went more intimate than that. Perhaps she was a sister or a friend? The memories became organized once more, pulling him away. For now he would turn away from her face, hoping to recall more of who he was . . .
“You can’t go Sephiroth!!! I forbid it!!” a man screamed forcefully. He was a small man with disheveled black hair. He merely glared defiantly back at the scientist with fierce Mediterranean blue eyes. Although, he was only a adolescent, Sephiroth had an imposing presence. The scientist shrank under his sneer.
“You think that you can just order me around Professor Hojo?” The ashen haired man looked down at him with arrogant eyes. “I will go, with or without your permission.” Prof. Hojo began to scream ferociously, spitting curses at the youth as he walked out the labortory. He walked unwaveringly down the hall and finally into the small glass elevator. When the elevator doors closed, Sephiroth sank to the floor, pulling his knees up to his chin, looking like the child of fifteen that he really was. Where are you Gast? Why did you leave me here all alone? . . .

Sephiroth . . .He dangled the name in the air. Could that have been his name? It sounded. . .right. . .and who was that strange name that screamed at him so? His memory made him feel disgusted and resentful. He most definately didn’t like him, of that much he was sure.
“Hahaha. . . What a strange question coming from the “Great Sephiroth.” You only need to know that Jenova is your one and only mother!!” Hojo’s voice came unbidden in his mind. He fliched at the words. Now the question was, who was Jenova?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment