Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1

A story based on the Lord of the Rings:
In the fond, loving, and sometimes absolutley hilarious memory of Emily Webster, the real Arwen.
If you have any difficulty reading the quenya (elvish), please email me - teler@hotmail.co.uk or leave a commen

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1

Chapter 2 - Chapter 1
Chapter 1
        Oneday Tilly and Galandiel were sitting on a grassy bank in Lothlorien makingchains of flowers, Elanor flowers, when a wood elf passed them by,
          “Hello”Tilly hailed him in the common tongue.
          “Ican speak elvish you know.” came the icy reply in the fair language.
          “Wheredo you come from?” Tilly asked this time in her own language “your accent isstrange,”
          “Icome from the forest of Mirkwoodwhere my father is the King,” the stranger told,
          “Ihave heard that Mirkwood is full of strange and dangerous creatures, some of whichcan shape shift, are you one of those,”
          “Inmy country that is an insult, I shall forgive you one insult as you are but ayoung child,” the stranger explained.
          “Didyou say that your daddy is only king of Mirkwood? That means my daddy is moreimportant than yours.”
          “Howdare you have the insolence to insult my father like that?”
          Tillyreplied with an air of innocence that only a child could have “but he is yousee because…” but she got no further as the elvish long bow was whipped off thestranger’s back and faster than lightening the arrow flew past Tilly’s face andscarred her cheek for ever,
          “You’relucky I missed” snarled the wood elf and walked off leaving Tilly with ableeding wound and an undying hate of wood elves.
         
** * * * * *
 
          Tillywas four years old when Elrond held the secret council over the Lord Sauron’sone ring. She was at the council, uninvited of course. She entered as LordElrond was introducing the dwarves. She rushed in and tugged at her fathersrobes; he bent to speak to her in their own language,
          “Whatis it?”
          “Daddy,Daddy there’s a wood elf in here!”
          “And?”said Lord Elrond intrigued as to what is daughter would say
          “Wemust get rid of it,” said Tilly with the utmost urgency “we must, quicklybefore it eats us all!”
          “Whatis it?” asked Legolas Greenleaf the afore mentioned wood elf, at which Tilly screamedand turned to face the only other familiar face in the circle,
          “Dain!”she cried (for that was what she called Aragorn son of Arathorn, who to allother elves was the Dunedân), “Dain it spoke at me!”
          Aragornidly half drew Anduril “uín rucin titta hína, inyë hlar” or in the commontongue “do not fear little one, I am here.” At that point Galandiel arrived atthe council, breathless and red faced he looked around and then with andembarrassed expression on his face spoke in elvish “My deepest apologies LordElrond, she ran off.” He turned to Tilly “come on now Tilly, we have to gonow.” Because she knew his true identity Tilly turned to Aragorn and curtsied,she then cheekily stuck her tongue out at him and ran off with the dwarves andAragorn chuckling and Galandiel in hot pursuit.
 
* * * * * *
 
        WhenFrodo cast Lord Sauron’s One Ring into the fiery depths of mount doom Tilly hadjust turned five years of age. She was invited to be a bridesmaid at her oldersisters wedding, along with Nimrodel (It was believed to be good luck to havetwins as bridesmaids.) She was used to create a subtly magic effect, atradition widely used in Elven Marriages. Her twin sister Nimrodel was wearinga  sweet little pink dress as thebridesmaid, Tilly was wearing an identical white dress and perhaps by somestrange elvish magic, although it looked natural, she emitted a faint whitelight, this made her look like some nature of outlandish angel.
 
Thewedding past smoothly, thank goodness, for Tilly newthat if she did not behave she would be banned from the reception, so obviouslyshe behaved beautifully. As the wedding ceremony was coming towards the end,Arwen was asked her final question,
          “Doyou the evenstar of your people wish to give up your elvish life moreover tobecome mortal?” to which Arwen daughter of Celebrian answered
          “Yes”and the evenstar was shattered and great shards of it flew in all directionsfrom her body, each and every one ducked to avoid them, save for Tillyennawho’s heart was pierced by the greatest shard of all, and there it stays evennow. This did not harm the child; in fact, it made her even high-spirited inaddition to earning her the name ‘Child of the Evenstar’.
         
The wedding reception washeld in the great hall at Minas Tirith, in Gondor, which was adorned withcoloured flags to make it look cheery. Aragorn cut the wedding cake withAnduril. Much merriment was had at the great table; half way through Galandieltapped his glass to ask for silence. He lifted Tilly so she was standing on herchair, she said in her childish way, “I would like to pro… prop… make a toastto my Big Sis and the Dunedân, wass hail,”
          “QueenArwen and King Aragorn, Drink hail” all chorused and then those who knew Tillyclapped and cheered, as Tilly sat down King Aragorn rose,
          “Iwould just like to explain to those present who don’t know Tillyenna that shehas never said the Dunedân in her entire life, shealways calls me ‘dain’” there were chuckles all around the table. Galandielwhispered something into Aragorn’s ear and then went back to sit down once morein his place, King Aragorn continued, “furthermore her guardian has justinformed me that she will never say it again, so shall we experiment, Tilly whoam I?”
          “KingDain” said Tilly not understanding why everyone was laughing.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment