Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 2

A story based on the Lord of the Rings:
In the fond, loving, and sometimes absolutley hilarious memory of Emily Webster, the real Arwen.
If you have any difficulty reading the quenya (elvish), please email me - teler@hotmail.co.uk or leave a commen

Chapter 3 - Chapter 2

Chapter 3 - Chapter 2
Chapter 2 
        Elrond,with his family stayed in Gondor for nigh three months of men, then it was timefor him to depart, Aragorn rode out with them as far as Fangorn Forest, theneach in turn he bade them farewell, and departed. It was the time of sunset andafter a while the remaining company turned and looked back, they saw the Kingof the West sitting upon his horse with his Knights about him; and the fallingsun shone upon them and made all their harnesses to gleam red gold, and thewhite mantle of Aragorn was turned to a flame. Then Aragorn took the greenstone and held it up, and there came a green fire from his hand.
 
* * * * * *
 
            AfterAragorn had left them Legolas and Gimli spoke of their wish to go and visitFangorn, at this Nimrodel looked at her father and spoke in a demanding tone“let us come to, we want to go and visit Treebeard.”
          “Oh,I want to go too!” said Tilly thinking she may be left out on this adventure.Luckily, Lord Elrond was in a good mood,
          “Allright,” he agreed “but only if you take Galandiel,” and the four Elves and onedwarf wandered into the Fangorn forest.
          “Alrightyou three better behave yourselves or your going straight home.” Snarled Gimli,
          “Nowe’re not, we’re going to see Treebeard” corrected Tilly,
          “Yes,Silly” settled Nimrodel
          Gimliraised his hand to strike the audacious elf child, “No!” yelled Legolas “she isbut a child, do not harm her” causing Gimli to turn red and stand back lookingashamed.
          Theyhad gone deep into the darkest leafy green part of Fangorn when Tilly sat down,“Tired,” she announced.
          “Alrightthen,” sighed Galandiel, himself tired as well, “I’llcarry you,” and he lifted her onto his back and the trudged deep into thestrange, dark forest.
         
Theyhad gone many miles through Fangorn forest into the garden of Orthanc.Tillyenna climbed off Galandiel’s back, “I love it here, it’s so beautiful.”she said her eyes shining with glee,
          “Idon’t like it at all,” said Nimrodel “It’s all dark and gloomy, and all thetrees are dead,”
          “Yes,”agreed Tilly “but look at the tower, it’s the most beautiful tower I’ve everseen!”
          “Iagree with Nimrodel,” said Legolas.
          Tillyennaturned to him, “That is because you are a wood elf and they are known only fortwo things, their stupidity and that they eat people!”
          “Bar-rum”came a voice from behind them. theyall spun around. “Treebeard” they yelled as if with one voice.
          “Goodday.” he said thoughtfully and, being an Ent, veryslowly.
         
Theystayed with Treebeard for three weeks and then, Galandiel, Nimrodel and Tilly,bid Legolas and Gimli, Farewell subsequently Treebeard carried the three elven children to the boarder of Fangorn where a horse waswaiting for them, Wingfoot, brother of Shadowfax. Galandiel mounted thismagnificent steed, with Nimrodel behind him. Then Tilly let out a long piercingwhistle, far too high for any mortal man to hear, and then, as if out ofnowhere a great golden eagle appeared, furthermore slowly circled the party andflew down to land by Wingfoot.
          “NamariGwaihir,” Tilly greeted him in elvish, “please will you take me home.”
          “Ofcourse Tillyenna,” the Gwaihir the windlord  King of the Eagles replied, so Tilly saidgoodbye to Treebeard and climbed onto the giant eagle’s back and with Gwaihirflying just above Wingfoot they headed home.
          “Bar-rum”said Treebeard slowly and thoughtfully, “Bar-rum. I always did like them.”After a long thoughtful pause, he turned and he trudged back towards his home, thegarden of Orthancwhere the Ent-wives were awaiting his return.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment