Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter 3

A story based on the Lord of the Rings:
In the fond, loving, and sometimes absolutley hilarious memory of Emily Webster, the real Arwen.
If you have any difficulty reading the quenya (elvish), please email me - teler@hotmail.co.uk or leave a commen

Chapter 4 - Chapter 3

Chapter 4 - Chapter 3
Chapter 3 
          The first time Tillyenna ran away waswhen she was seven years old. It was just as any child of her age would, exceptthat she went further. She had had an argument with Lord Elrond; he had saidthat she could not have the pretty, new dress that she wanted. At which shethrew herself on the floor and with limbs flailing everywhere proceeded to yellthe building down. To which Lord Elrond said that she was too old for tantrums andthat no amount of kicking and screaming would allow her to have the dress, so beingTillyenna she ran away. She ran out of Rivendell and did not stop.
         
Tillyenna ran for something in the region of a mile,when she stopped and sat down on a grassy bank, to catch her breath. She satand rested for a few minutes, when she stood up she had an idea, and once more,she let out that high-pitched whistle, to call the king of eagles.  He appeared almost as soon as she called,circling in the air high above, when he landed she whispered quietly in hisear,
          “Please take me to Fangorn,”
          “Alright, but I don’t approve of yourunning away,” established Gwaihir, and he crouched so she could climb onto hisback. Gwaihir flew Tillyenna over the misty mountains, past Dimrill stair andDimrill gate, and past Nandurhirion, or Dimrill Dale in the common tongue. Theyflew across the river Silverlode or Celebrant and the river Nimrodel, whichbears the notes of the fair maiden Nimrodel who was lost in the Misty Mountains in the secondmillennium of the third age, breaking the heart of her lover Amroth. Bothrivers flow together into Lothlorien. The eagle and the child flew for threehundred miles, as the eagle flies, before circling and landing on the edge of Fangorn Forest. “I cannot takeyou any further” Gwaihir apologised “the trees are too dense” he turned awayand flapped his massive wings, and with one powerful beat he was in the air.
          “Vanya sulie” she called as he circled above herbefore flying back to his kingdom. Tillyenna turned and walked into the forest.
 
* * * * * *
 
          Tillyenna had beenwalking for three days when she came to Orthanc, she stepped through the backgate, into the garden that Treebeard and the Entwives had created, it was fullof trees and flowers, and a beautiful sunny contrast to the depths of Fangorn.Tillyenna laughed and spun around, she skipped through the trees when shebumped into something, and she looked up,
          “Treebeard!” she said,“It’s so pretty here, even more than last time I came, I like the flowers,”
          “That was the Entwives,”said Treebeard slowly, “I shall pass your compliments on to them, but firstthere is someone looking for you,” and with his long slow strides he ledTillyenna across the gardens of Isengard until she came across a man sherecognised, she ran towards him.
          “Dain!” she cried “Isn’tit beautiful here”
          “Yes, it is,” agreedAragorn “but it’s time for you to go home,”
          “Do I have to?”
          “Yes, you do,”
 
          “Can I get my dressthen?” she asked eagerly,
          “No!” said Aragornfirmly “you have behaved appallingly and you think you’re going to get areward?”
          “Yes!” said Tillyenna“I’ve walked for days and days so I can have my dress, I’m going to get it!”
          Aragorn sighed, “Youreally are hopeless,” he said and picking Tilly up he walked out of Orthanc towhere Brego was waiting for them, he mounted and held Tillyenna in front ofhim, and took her back to Rivendell to receive the punishment she deserved, andthe dress she wanted.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment