Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter 4

A story based on the Lord of the Rings:
In the fond, loving, and sometimes absolutley hilarious memory of Emily Webster, the real Arwen.
If you have any difficulty reading the quenya (elvish), please email me - teler@hotmail.co.uk or leave a commen

Chapter 5 - Chapter 4

Chapter 5 - Chapter 4
Chapter 4 
Shortlybefore Tillyenna and Nimrodel’s twelfth birthday, customary to elven tradition theywere invited to their first ball, at Lothlorien. As soon as they knew about it,they wanted to go. Nevertheless, at first Lord Elrond forbid it.
         
Tillyennawalked up to Lord Elrond and batted her long dark eyelashes at him “Pleasedaddy, we’ll be very good and Galandiel can look after us,”
          Eventually,after much annoyance from his two daughters, Lord Elrond gave in. “you may go, butonly if Galandiel is willing to go with you.”
          “Itwould be an honour sir.” Replied Galandiel, Tillyenna and Nimrodel jumped forjoy and ran upstairs to their rooms to pack
 
** * * * *
 
          Nimrodeland Tillyenna went to the stables to saddle up horses for themselves andGalandiel. Tillyenna rode Wingfoot the brother of Shadowfax. Nimrodel rodeShadowfax himself. And for Galandiel they saddled up Horta, a fine mare who wasgiven to the house of Elrond by the Rohirrim as thanks for their aid in the warof the ring.
 
Galandielwalked into the stables to find Tillyenna doing up Horta’s girth for him.
“Diola lle” he said gruffly, and thenwithout another word of thanks he mounted and rode out of the stable,
“My pleasure!”Tillyenna called angrily to his back,
“Argh!” exclaimed Nimrodel “Boysare so annoying.”
“You can say that again”
“Boys are so annoying.”
“You can say that again”
“Boys are so annoying.”
“OK shut-up now,” said Tillyennaand both girls giggled, mounted and rode after Galandiel.
 
** * * * *
 
          Asthe three young elves rode into Lothlorien the conversation dwindled as they silentlyadmired in awe the tall malorn trees and delicate yellow Elanor flowers.
          “Ihaven’t been here for ages,” Tillyenna quietly whispered to Nimrodel
          “Ihave.” Said Nimrodel quite simply and very loudly. Awood elf jumped out and landed in front of them, immediately Tillyenna drew herdagger.
Conversely Nimrodel laughed,“Gilthoniel, I wandered when we’d see you.” She said
          “I’vebeen following you since you entered the forest.”
          Tillyennalooked at Nimrodel “Hello, Nims, in case you hadn’t noticed it’s a wood elf,hadn’t we better kill it before it eats us alive or takes us as hostages”
          “Sorryabout my sister, she doesn’t like wood elves,”
          “Don’tworry,” said Gilthoniel “not a lot of people do,”
          “Helloif you’re not going to kill it, can you at least tell me what it is,” saidTillyenna keeping a distance between herself and Gilthoniel.
          “Tilly!”said Nimrodel jabbing Tillyenna with her elbow. “Be polite! She is calledGilthoniel; she’s my friend, OK”
          “Sorry”
          “That’sOK,” said Gilthoniel “I hate wood elves too they’re so irrational and twofaced,”
          “ButI thought you were a wood elf?” said Tillyenna “So how come…”
          “Ahyou see I’m only a wood elf by name,” said Gilthoniel. “Originally my ancestorswere from the east, nevertheless really I was brought up as a high elf in thehouse of the Lady Galadriel, it was her who sent me tofind you. Follow me and I’ll show you a short cut,”
          Sheran ahead with Nimrodel following behind her, Tilly turned to Galandiel“Gandiel” she said using her childish nickname for him, “Will there be lots ofwood elves?”
          Theolder elf looked on her with pitying eyes, then smiled “If any of them try tohurt you, I won’t let them, OK?”
          “Thanks”said Tilly and they set off to follow the others.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment