Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Chapter 5

A story based on the Lord of the Rings:
In the fond, loving, and sometimes absolutley hilarious memory of Emily Webster, the real Arwen.
If you have any difficulty reading the quenya (elvish), please email me - teler@hotmail.co.uk or leave a commen

Chapter 6 - Chapter 5

Chapter 6 - Chapter 5
Chapter 5 
          Tillyennasat on the bed in her room in Lothlorien, sobbing as if the world had ended.She was sulking in a way, but also just being extremely unhappy. It wasn’t fairthat the Lady Galadriel, supposedly her grandmother, was so nice to Nimrodeland Gilthoniel yet treated her like dirt.
          Therecame a knock on her door “Can I came in?” a voice said,
          “Yes,”Tillyenna said feebly, as the figure walked in she looked up, and although shecould hardly see through the tears in her eyes, she recognised it as the LordCeleborn.
          Hesat down beside her and put his arm around her shoulders, “now thenChick-a-bee, what on middle-earth is the matter,”
          “Ohgrandpa, I just don’t understand, first she invites me here and then she treatsme like dirt, and I don’t know why.”
          “OhTilly you mustn’t let that bother you, your grandmother is a very suspicioustype, it’s in her nature. She has looked into her mirror and seen what you willbecome; you must remember you have very powerful blood running in your veins.”
          “Thenwhy does she not distrust Nimrodel,” she wailed,
          “Nimrodellacks the capacity to be a threat to your Grandmother, she may have the bloodbut she has neither the brains nor the imagination, I love your sister but sheis talented in a completely different way to you, she will end up like Arwen,she’ll fall in love and get married,”
          “Whatabout me, shan’t I ever fall in love?”
          “Youmay do but first you will become powerful and beautiful, more so than yourGrandmother that is why she distrusts you,”
         
** * * * *
 
          Tillyenna,Nimrodel, and Gilthoniel were getting ready for the ball. Nimrodel was wearingan elegant pale pink dress, Gilthoniel a similar pale blue. They were the oneswho looked like twins. Tillyenna wore a silver dress that shimmered in themoonlight, the other two girls had pinned their hair up, Tillyenna left hersdown,
          “Whydo you do that?” asked Gilthoniel “only babies wear there hair down,”
          Tillyennalooked at her with a look that could kill, “Babies and those who want to hidetheir scars,” she said bitterly,
          Gilthonielfell silent, there was not much you could say to that kind of remark, they got dressed and walked down to the ballroom in silence.
          “Nimrodelthe fair, and Tillyenna Child of the Evenstar,” the announcer read out as thetwins walked down the steps,
          “Keepyour eyes down,” hissed Nimrodel to Tillyenna “It’s polite.”
          Tillyennalowered her eyes, and they stood together at the edge of the dance hall, afigure walked up to them, he turned to Tillyenna
          “MayI have this dance” asked the familiar voice of Galandiel,
          “Certainly,”said Tillyenna, and looked up so her eyes met his, she looked into his darkbrown eyes, and fell in love.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment