Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Chapter 8

A story based on the Lord of the Rings:
In the fond, loving, and sometimes absolutley hilarious memory of Emily Webster, the real Arwen.
If you have any difficulty reading the quenya (elvish), please email me - teler@hotmail.co.uk or leave a commen

Chapter 9 - Chapter 8

Chapter 9 - Chapter 8
Chapter 8 
        Lilly,Tilly and Galandiel walked to the edge of the forest where Shadowfax antWingfoot stood patiently waiting,
          “Wellwhat are we meant to do now” asked Galandiel “there’sthree of us and only two horses? Surprising really your father usuallyorganises everything down to the last detail,”
          “ Don’t worry” said Tillyenna “I’ve got the whole situationunder control.” Then she let out a long piercing whistle, far too high for mento hear, and then, as if out of nowhere a great golden eagle appeared,furthermore flew down to land by Wingfoot, she spoke to it in elvish, “Namari,thank you Gwaihir.”
          “Whatdo you want?” the eagle asked,
          “Couldyou please take Lilly here to Rivendell and we will follow on Shadowfax andWingfoot,”
          “Nota problem” the huge eagle turned to Lilly “hop on then”
         
Theypassed over the river Umlight, and went around the edge of Fangorn Forestand crossed the River Entwash, and going through the gap of Rohan over theriver Isen, they past Isengard and appeared on the other side of the mountains.
         
Theypassed through the Dunland and crossed the river Glanduin, then riding alongthe shores of the River Bruinen they arrived at Rivendell after a journey ofnearly one thousand miles.
 
** * * * * *
 
            Thethree weary travellers did not reach Rivendell until months after they left thehouse of Celeborn and Galadriel. Galandiel carried the sleeping Lilly into thehouse, Tilly stayed to thank Gwaihir, she spoke softlyand quietly in elvish,
          “Ido not know how much longer it would have taken on foot but I am sure it wouldhave been a lot longer, thank you so much.”
          “Nota problem” replied Gwaihir “any time, just call.” The huge golden eagle spreadhis wings and majestically flew into the distance.”
          Tillywalked indoors where her father was waiting,
          “Youdid not take as long as the fellowship,” he observed,
          “Gwaihiris not as old as you say he is, also they went the long way around, we took thefurther but quicker route, and we do not need to rest as much as they did.”
          “Youmust be tired. Goodnight”, Tilly went upstairs and within minutes was in a deepexhausted sleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment