Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Chapter 12

A story based on the Lord of the Rings:
In the fond, loving, and sometimes absolutley hilarious memory of Emily Webster, the real Arwen.
If you have any difficulty reading the quenya (elvish), please email me - teler@hotmail.co.uk or leave a commen

Chapter 13 - Chapter 12

Chapter 13 - Chapter 12
Chapter 12
        Faraway in a room at the top of Orthanc Tillyenna sat alone. Metal was beingforged in Isengard for the first time since the fall of Saruman. This timehowever, it was not steel, it was mithril.
         
Tillyworked night and day, she was making her companion her sword, it was to be made of solid mithril. That would make itlighter than a feather to wield. Days past, weeks, and everyday of every week Tillyennaworked harder than an orc, trying to finish her sword. It took her many weekstoiling over a hot furnace and the anvil, but finally she finished it. It wasthe length of her arm, and so light you hardly feel it. She had made it in thetypical elven style, being made of true silver it would glow blue if any orcwas around. Decorated with only a small blue stone in the hilt, and an elvishphrase carved into the blade saying ‘Aminkhiluva lle a' gurtha ar' thar,’(meaning I will follow you to death andbeyond[/i],) It was perfect. She cut thepalm of her hand to christen it. She called it Tash.
 
Shelooked into the Palantir, not into future but far away, and what she sawpleased her. She saw Legolas the wood elf travelling alone through the shire,stopping to talk to the hobbit members of the fellowship of the ring, Merry,Pippin and Sam, this made her laugh, for she recognised the look on his face tomean that he really wished they hadn’t recognised him. She looked into thefuture and saw Nimrodel and Galandiel climbing up the tower of Orthancto look for her, she tried to look closer and she thought she saw them climbinga chain to get to her. Therefore, she began to forge it.   
 
* * * * * *
 
          Nimrodellooked at the letter, she gave it back to Aragorn “It doesn’t make sense,” shesaid,
          “Whatdoesn’t?” he asked,
          “Thelast part, it says IF mummy ever comes home, and well Tilly once told me thatthat was the only thing she never doubted and that it had all her hope, just somummy would come home, and if she doesn’t hope for that, then she has no hopeleft.”
 
* * * * * *
 
          Weekspast, months Tilly finished the chain, she hung it by her window, but still noone came for her. She knew they would, but she did not know when, but she hopedit was soon.
         
Hermind drifted back to her grandfather’s words[/i]youwill become powerful and beautiful, more so than your Grandmother, [/i]shesmiled; this was her chance to become the powerful sorceress it had beenpredicted she would be. Orthanc still had the library from when it had belongedto the wizards. She read night and day learning spells and charms, she wouldpractice them, and as the days passed, her power grewstronger and more exquisite. She began to practice at night using a spell tocreate an orb of light. She would look into the future without using thePalantir she constructed a pool as the Lady Galadriel’s but then discovered shedid not need to use it, so it was true she was more powerful, which also madeher more dangerous.
         
Sheused her powers to watch what the ones she loved were doing, she found LordCeleborn talking to the Lady Galadriel about how she should be doing somethingabout the disappearance of their granddaughter. a commentthat The Lady Galadriel dismissed with a wave of her hand, saying, “She is old enoughto make her own foolish mistakes, let her rescue herself”. Lord Elrond appearedjust to sit among his old maps all day with his head in his hands. Galandieland Nimrodel were arguing about which way to go and where to look for her, butwhat pleased her most was when she saw Aragorn riding Brego searching for herwith a host of Gondorian knights.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment