Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Tower of the Gods Part 2

The story of how 3 freinds get pulled into an amazing adventure! Trying to find a lost heart! Note: This is only the first in a series of stories! Plz comment if u read!

Chapter 7 - Tower of the Gods Part 2

Chapter 7 - Tower of the Gods Part 2
When we last left, our heroes were in a load of trouble. In a closed room with a gush of water flowing in, you'd panic too! So, we had to think fast or die.
That's when Donald came up with a brilliat idea. "Freeze!" He yelled, sending a bright blue blast from the tip of his wand. Instantly, the huge wave froze up, right as it was about to crash down on us.
"Great idea, Donald!" Me and Sora congratulated, pulling out our Keyblades in a blaze of light. "We'll take care of the rest!" We then proceeded to smash off the ice that was blocking the door. It only took a couple of minutes for us to break up the frozen wall before we entered the next section of the tower. We ended up in a HUGE section. It seemed to be the main section, seeing as it had a spiral staircase that almost seemed to lead to the top of the tower. We looked up the deathly high place and just barely saw an old churchbell at the top.
"I guess that's our goal." Tails said. "So, how do we get up there?"
"Let's try the stairs!" I chimed in.
"Can't." Sora noticed. "For one it's crumbled near the top, so you can't climb all the way up. And two, it's way to old to support all of us. See, look." He pulled out a stray feather from Donald and threw it on the staircase.
"Oww!" Donald yelped as the feather was pulled. That's when Sora's observation was confirmed. As soon as the feather hit the stairwell, it crumbled and fell.
"Wow." I said, looking at the long fall that the stair took. That's when I noticed something else. "Aw man!" I yelled as I noticed the oncoming danger. "alright everybody! Don't ask why, but when I say now, jump into the inner section of the tower."
"What?" Tails questioned. "We'll fall and die!"
"Yeah!" Sora added, "We can't!"
I looked down again and saw it again. "Look just trust me!" I yelled at the group. "If you don't you'll be sorry!"
Everyone got silent and steely. Apparently they thought I was crazy or something. I looked down one more time and prepared myself. I bit my lp and started to count.
"Three-mississippi, Two-mississippi, One-mississippi, JUMP!" I yelled as I jumped into the center. Surprisingly enough, they followed suit! And just in time too. As we flew through the air, the oncoming wave of water rose beneath our feet. I urged myself to jump just far enough so that I could reach the crate that I noticed. You see, this huge, rising wave would drown us if we didn't ride with it, and I don't think anyone had a surfboard. So, I flung myself just a little farther and eventually...landed! Yes! I was safe! Now to see of the others. They were just geetting ready to land, making the same urges I was and finally realizing my idea.
We finally landed unto the crate just as the water was reaching a halt. I was just about to collapse out of relief when I felt a tremor in my back. It was some sort of huge force that was dragging me around like crazy! It may have looked like I was having a violent seizure.
"What's goin' on here!?!" I yelled, slipping out of my backpack to see if it was the cause. I did and finally stopped shaking. Weirdly enough, the backpack was still ther just thrashing around like crazy!
"What the?" Tails screeched as she noticed the moving pack. "Tron, why is your backpack moving?"
"I don't know!" i yelled, trying to keep my eyes on it. "I don't know!"
"Then let me take care of it!" She yelled, digging in her pockets once more and pulling out a bracelet. It looked pretty weird, now that I mention it. It was round, yet angular, with a huge, expensive looking ruby in the middle. It also had a cross with a hole in the middle attached to it with a small string.
She slipped the bracelet on and then reached for her tails. She grasped one and pulled a strand of hair off with a painful-looking expression. Suddenly, the hair turned into a streaking Arrow of Light. She then proceeded to put her right index finger into the hole that was in the center of the cross. Finally, she pulled back on the cross, making a bow made out of the same material as the arrow. Then, she put the arrow onto the bow and fired at my backpack, snagging it.
That's when the flap opened, opening the exit for an unwelcomed friend.
"HI GUYS!" Gir yelled, somehow wearing a Disneyland Micky hat. "YOU SHOULD TRY THE SUPERMAN IN THERE! HEY! A SWIMMING POOL!" He then ran back into my pack and came out with some trunks on and a miniature surfboard! "Cowabunga dudes!" He yelled, jumping off of the crate and surfing along the water.
"OMG!" Tails shrieked, looking at Gir. "Who is that! A Heartless?" Then, before I could tell her off our spontaneous little friend, she made another Arrow of Light and fired at Gir.
"Ow!" He yelled as the arrow bounced off of him and instead made a hole in his board. He slowly began to sink and started freaking out. "Aah! Help! Stop! Oh noo!!" He was flailing his arms and running in small circles. I had to admit that even thugh it was serious, it was kinda funny how he was going berserk. But on subject, I had to hurry or else he'd sink!
"Tails!" I yelled at her, "That's our riend, but t save him I need your help!"
"Sure!" She said, listening as I filled her in. So, in a matter of seconds, she had grabbed quite a few of her strands and tied them together to make a super-arrow of sorts. It was at least 15 feet long! So, she then fired it at Gir's head, penetrating it and making him stop freaking out to then stare at his head and say, "Cool! I got a monkey on my head!" Finally, we all grabbed the arrow's end and pulled Gir onto the crate. He was still messing around with the arrow, until I finally pulled it out and threw it overboard. He then simply crawled onto Tails' back and jumped onto her tails.
"Hahahaha!!" I guffawed, watching him wrestling with the tails as Tails cringed in pain giving me a ~You'll pay for this~ look.
That's when we started sinking! Only, the water level was dropping, not our crate was sinking. As we descended, I noticed a door on the opposite side of the tower that we entered from.
"Hey everybody!" I yelled again to the gang, finally stopping laughing. "When i say now again, follow me!" So, I waited a few more seconds until the water dropped, and we jumped, landing onto the other side.
"Hey," Sora said, regarding the door, "It's a door!" So, we all pushed onto it and opened it up, revealing a large, thin hallway with a dead end and a small, floating platform near the center.
"Hey guys!" Tails sounded, pointing towards the end of the hallway. "Look! There's another statue!" We all squinted towards the end of the hall and noticed the tall, garagoyle-like, thing. "Well, let's go get it!" She said, stepping into the hall.
"NO WAIT! THE TRAPS!" We all yelled as Tails was housted into the air by her feet by a thick rope. Suddenly, two rotating razors came out from the walls on either side of her.
"AAHH!" She screame wide-eyed as the razors got closer. "PLEASE! HELP! SORA! TRON! SOMEBODY!"
"Tails!" Sora yelled, preparing to jump in after her. I grabbed his hoodie and yanked him back, though.
"No Sora!" I yelled at him. "If you go, you'll get caught too!"
"But...but I..." He stammered, fighting back tears as Tails screamed in terror. The blades were about...10 inches away from her now.
Suddenly, from her back crawled Gir, wielding a WWF title belt and saying, "WooHoo! I am the champion!" That's when he noticed the rope suspending Tails. "Oooh...a Cheeto..." He said in awe. He slowly walked up to the rope and chomped down onto it, breaking the rope and releasing Tails in a painful, yet quick way, just as the blades were coming together too!
"Ohh thank you! Thank you!!" She cried, tearing up and hugging the tiny robot and gasping from all of her screaming. Then, she dropped Gir and focused on me & Sora. Her eyes were red and her teeth were clenched tightly. "And you two! How dare you just leave me there! I could've been killed!"
"No! Wait Tails!" I yelled, knowing what was going to happen next. "You see, what had happened was-"
"Tron made me do it!" Sora yelled over me. "I tried to jump in but he said,'No! Don't go!'"
"WHAT!" I yelled back, jaw-dropped as Tails descended unto me. "Why you little-" WHAK! I was punched in the jaw as Tails stomped away, steaming. "Oww..." I moaned as I gave Sora the best glare I could under the pain.
Later, after I had recovered and Tails had calmed down, we formulated a plan to get to the statue. We could have tried calling it from here, but if we did. It would most likely get destroyed by a trap. So, we decided that we'd have to take out the traps from a distance, or at least be fast enough to destroy them without getting caught. And how could we do that? Magic bullets and incredible swiftness. So, we resorted to our only hope.
"Alright Sora," I said, taking a breath, "you ready?"
"Yeah." So, we both turned around and merged with our respective partners. Sora with Donald, and Me with Goofy. That's when our clothes glowed and changed color. Sora's turned blue, and mine turned into a more complex pattern of red. That's right. We had just tried our first Drive Formations.
"Now, you know the plan Tron?" Sora asked as he armed his Key.
"Yeah," I replied, following suit, " I dash in and set off the traps, then you blast 'em."
"Good," he replied, "Now let's go!" So, I ran into the room at a very high speed, setting off needles, pits, blades, and other violent things too gruesome to say online. That's when Sora kicked in and blasted the traps he could with his Keyblade.
Before long, all of the traps were either in pieces, disintegrated, or frozen over. Then, we returned back to our original states and left the rest to Tails. She walked over to the statue and began to play her ocarina. That's when I noticed something new.
"Hey Tails!" I yelled out to her as she continued playing. "What's that glowing on your neck?"
"Huh?" She said, confused as she stopped playing. Then, the glow stopped. "What are you talking about?" She began playing again and then the glow came back.
"Look now!" I yelled, pointing at her neck.
"She stopped again and looked at her chest. "Nothings happening! now can i please continue?"
"Alright, look." I said, walking towards her and examining her neck. She had a small, crescent-shaped necklce on, so I took it off her and asked her to play again.
She did and that's when the crescent started glowing again. "See?" I told her as she stopped and I handed the necklace back to her.
"Hmm," she pondered, "I wonder why it's doing that?"
"Because," we heard out of nowhere as a man in a tall black coat emerged out of the shadows, "that's the amount of light in her heart being magnified. Only certain people have those anyway. Isn't that right Princess?"
"Huh?!?" Everyone gasped. "Who are you?"
"And what do you mean by princess?" Tails added.
"Heh," he sigh-laughed, "name's Essex, The Humorous Gamekeeper. At your service."
"Hahaha." I laughed sarcastically, "What do you want, and why can you control the shadows like that?"
"Eh?" He asked, studying me for a moment before answering, "Simple. I'm a nobody."
"A what?" I asked.
"The result of what happens when a body and its heart are seperated. When this happens, the product is One: A Heartless, And Two: A Nobody, like me. You see we're just hollow husks of our former bodies. No hearts, no souls, no mind, nothing. Nothing...just like your brother, eh Tron? Nothing!"
"What!?!" I yelled, enraged and confused. How did he know about Devin? And was he mocking me for losing him? "Why you!" I grabbed my Keyblade and headed after Essex, slashing wildly. I tried the Slingshot but he simply dodged it and instead said, "He make's a pretty good ally, y'know? He better be at least, seeing as he took down our Superior!"
"SHUT UP!" I yelled, launching spells now. He simply dodged those all too, wearing me out as I wasted my energy.
"Hey," he called out to Sora, "tell him not to strain himself. I don't plan on fighting him. At least, not yet. In the meantime, here are some friends to keep you entertained while I'm gone. Meet...the Dusk Nobodies!" He then left through another shadow portal, but not before sending in a couple 10 groups of white, formless, figures. THey stayed where they were for a while and then, they started moving towards the statue! They were going to destroy it!
"C'mon Sora! We have to go!" I yelled, pulling out my Keyblade and jumping in.
"Yeah!" he agreed. "Tails! While we distract these guys, go lead the statue to the platform!"
"Sure!" She said, arming an arrow and using it to knock the platform out of the air. Then, she pulled out the ocarina and started playing her melody. Instantly, the statue inched towards her.
Meanwhile, me and Sora where in the mob of Nobodies, slashing away while taking many hits ourselves.
"Sora!" I yelled at him, parrying a nearby Dusk's attack. "This isn't going too well! We have to do a move!"
"Yeah!" He agrred, fighting off quite a few Nobodies at once. "Come on! Let's try Ride The Wind!" So, we backed up to each other and began. First, I launched Sora into the air. Next, I ran in a large circle, holding my Key to the side and hurting a lot of Dusks in the process. Then, Sora, still in the air, launched 2 wind spells. One at the center of the circle I was running around, and the other at me. This pushed me forward, and gave me alot of speed, while the other wind spell started the last part of our move. Finally, my running around and the extra wind Sora put in the middle caused a miniature whirlwind to appear. Sora dropped down and fell into the middle of it. Now, it was up to him. He rode the wind, pickong up and killing a HUGE amount of Heartless in the process.
By the time he was done, there was only one Dusk left. The whirl had faded and it lunged at us. Me and Sora simply slashed forwards and disposed of him.
"It's about time!" Tails said, holding Gir. "I've been done for a while now! Oh and by the way, a new door opened at the end of the hallway." We checked and sure enough, a passage way had opened.
We all walked down to the end of the hall and entered the door, examinig the room closely to see if there were any traps. We seemed to see none, so we enterd the room when a voice filled the room saying,"Congratulations heroes! You've made it very far...Now let's just hope you don't end up run over by a car. For guiding all the other statues, numbers 2 of 3, We have all decided..to give you this for free!" Instantly, a BOOM! was heard and a cloud of smoke appeared.
Whe it evaporated, there was the last statue, sitting there unprotected by any monsters, with the plstform right in front of it. So, Tails played her ocarina and led it to the platform, bringing th statue with her. Of course a couple Heartless and Nobodies appeared, trying to stop us. Sora & I quickly disposed of them though. And before long, Tails had led the statue to its platform, opening one last door in the process.
We entered through it, and noticed that it was a small little circular room, with a rising pedastal in the center. We carefully approached it and stopped at its base.
"So," I began, "How do we get up there. There's bound to be something good."
"I would fly," Tails said, "But I think it's too high."
"I'd use magic," said Donald, "But I can't see where to aim."
"My shield wouldn't help much here." Goofy added.
"And I just don't want to." Sora said. "I used up a lotta energy fighting those enemies back there."
" So I'm gonna have to do it?" I asked. Everyone gave me a ~What do you think?~ look. "Fine...step back." I took off my jacket, revealing my metal arms and clapped my hands together. Then, I put both hands on the opposite arm, making my fists 2 times their regular size.
Then, I simply reared back, and punched as hard as I could into the pillar base. It immediately lurched, and then crumbled, sending down a treasure chest, most likely what was on top of the whole thing. I caught the treasure chest and returned my hands to normal size.
"Hey look guys!" I called out, putting on my jackeet and raising the chest for all to see. "It's a chest!"
"Sweet!" Sora said, running to me along with everyone else, "Open it! Open it!"
"Okay! Okay!" I said, undoing the rusty lock and lifting the lid. Inside was a blood-red cape with black streaks coming from the top.
"Hey," Tails said, examining the cape, "This must be the Roc's Cape, the thing we need to ring the churchbell and get out of this crazy place!"
I grabbed the cape out of the trunk and put it on. "So how does it work?" I asked Tails. "What does it do?"
"It helps you glide and reach high places." She replied. "Just be careful, or you could hurt yourself."
"Nah..." I replied sarcastically, "I'm naturally talented at anything I do." So, I got a running start and glided out of the room and back into the hallway.
Everyone else came shortly after.
"Okay," Sora said to all of us, "Now let's wait for the current and go ring that bell!" We looked down and noticed that the water was just now coming p. How lucky! So, we waited for it to get a little higher then jumped unto a big crate.
"Hey Donald and Sora," I told them, having an idea, "When the water goes as high as it can go, let's all cast freeze on it. o we can have something sturdy to stand on."
"Got it." They both agreed in unison. So, once again, we waited a bit longer for the water level to rise. Then, when it seemed to have reached its peak, We all cast the spell.
"Freezaga!" We yelld, aiming at the water, making it glow bright blue. We waited for a couple seconds, and then our hopes were fulfilled. Our three combined spells as frozen the water as thick as cement. We slowly stepped down, taking care not to break the ice, and ended up directly under the bell.
"Okay," I said, warming up for the jump, "Let's finish this already." I got a runnig start again and jumped as high as I could. I soared through the air, rising many yards above my friends...I was gonna make it! That's when a huge rocky hand came out of nowhere and slapped me down. "AAH!" I yelped as I hit the ground with a tremendous THURNK! I quickly recovered and saw my foe...a huge head and 2 hands completely made of rock.
"Guys..." Tails said to us, "That's Gohdan, the tower guardina. He was built by the Gods as a test for any new heroes that enter here. If I remember correctly, his weakness is the eyes in the center of his hands. Want me to hit 'em?" She said, pulling out her bow.
"No," I said, enraged from that cheap shot, "I'm good. Just give me a few seconds with him. You might wanna step back though." I clapped my hands together once more and flew back into the air. I landed right in front of Gohdan's face and put my hands on his face. Instantly, he was dismembered and destroyed. I slowly came back down as Gohdan fell to the icy ground and landed in a huge heap. "Told ya. Only a few seonds."
"Well sure," Tails said enviously, "if you wanna do it the easy way." So, I jumped up one last time and grabbed the huge rope. I pulled down and the bell rang loudly and thunderously. Instantly, we heard a rumble and the familiar 'New World' Alarm from the Gummi in the distance.
I returned to the ground when the Roc's Cape flew off of me and into the air. It then turned into a keyhole that Sora then proceded to lock. Afterwards, the Cape retuened to me and I put it back on. Lastly, our job done, we were returned to the front door of the Tower and entered the Gummi. On the screen flashed 2 worlds: One a small fortress on an island called the Forsaken Fortress, and A world covered in plants called Forest Heaven. We all sat back and relaxed, me taking a moment to put in Mabase's coordinates, and called it a day.
"That's the last time we got to a world Tails suggests." I muttered, blocking the incoming kick I knew I was going to recieve. "Heh. Nice try."



FINALLY! Chapter 7 DONE! Chapter 8...Ahh man!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

lighttails1067 on January 24, 2007, 10:23:00 AM

lighttails1067 on
lighttails1067i like it^^
so which world are you gonna ut up next^^