Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Episode 6 - Glimpse of the Future

The Titans meet up with a lightning-powered teen named Shockwave and together they fight the returning evil of Slade. *PLEASE READ AND REVEIW!!!*

Chapter 6 - Episode 6 - Glimpse of the Future

Chapter 6 - Episode 6 - Glimpse of the Future

TEEN TITANS : Glimpse of the Future
Acloaked teenager walked down the street in the pouring rain. No one had seenhis face since the split-up with his best friend. He sensed someone near,wanting to harm him. The teen drew his giant sword. Ten Slade Androidssurrounded him. They all lunged for him. The cloaked teen just laughed."Welcome to the party, boys." He jumped up and swung his sword.
Aflash of lightning swept threw the air. Shockwave bolted up. He knew somethingwas wrong but he didn't know what exactly. Shockwave sighed and got up. He wasdressed in a t-shirt with dark blue stripes on the arms and a lightning boltsymbol on the front. Same with the shorts without the symbol.Shockwave exited his room and walked towards the living room. Half asleep, hepoured himself some water but ended up drinking it. Somethingas just bothering him too much.
Shockwaveknocked on Raven's door. After a couple seconds, Raven opened the door. She wasdressed in the same thing as her usual outfit, just without the cape. "Shockwave?" Raven said wearily, "What'swrong?" "That's what bothering me." Shockwave explained, "Ijust have this weird feeling that something bad is going to happen." Raveninvited him in and the both sat on her bed. "Ok, I'm going to attempt toread your mind." Raven told him. "You can do that?" Shockwaveasked. "A little." Raven replied. She putone hand on his head and saw a scene.
Shockwaveand another teenager were running from Sidewinder. "Shockwave."The teenager said, "We can't keep running." Shockwave nodded. Theyboth turned around. Sidewinder smirked and ran at them, drills prepared tostrike. Shockwave and his partner jumped before Sidewinder got to them. Theteenager used his power and made a tree hurtle at Sidewinder. He was smashed tothe ground as Shockwave pelted him with lightning. Sidewinder got up anddrilled into the ground. He ran away. Then, a black vortex appeared and suckedin Shockwave's partner. Shockwave was left alone…
Ravensnapped back to reality. "Well?" Shockwave asked. "You used tohave an old friend that was taken away from you?" Raven said. Shockwavethought for a moment. "Yeah, I do remember something like that. I used tohave an old psychic partner." Shockwave explained, "But then one dayhe just disappeared and I haven't seen him since." Raven thought on this."Maybe he's come back." Raven suggested. "Maybe."Shockwave replied, still thinking a little, "Thanks Raven." Shockwavegave her a kiss and went back to bed.
Shockwavewas up earlier than he usually was. For two hours, he'd been just staring outthe window, like he was expecting something to happen. Robin and Raven were atthe table watching him. "I'm starting to worry, Robin." Ravens aid, "He'sbeen like that for hours." Robin got up and went over to Shockwave. "Hey Shockwave." Robin said. Shockwave didn't evenblink. The other Titans had walked in and noticed Shockwave's consistentnot-moving.
Beast-Boytried. "Yo, Shockwave."Beast-Boy said, "Check it out." He was wagging one of Shockwave'sfavorite mangas. Shockwave didn't move. Cyborg tried next. "Shockwave, wannaplay ball." Cyborg asked. He showed him afootball. Shockwave just kept staring out the window. Starfireflew over with a bowl. "Here, try some of my planets Zorpnak."Starfire said, offering something that looked likemashed potatoes mixed with chocolate sauce. Shockwave wouldn't answer. TheTitans gathered near him and kept trying new ways to get Shockwave to move.Nothing was working. His mind was too focused on something. Shockwave had beensitting on the couch with his hands holding his head up for five hours now.
Shockwavefinally got up and made everyone (who were still watching him) jump. Raven wasthe first to go talk to him. "Shockwave, you ok?" she asked,"You had us worried." Shockwave didn't seem to be paying anyattention to her presence. It was more like he was talking to himself."He's back, I know it." Shockwave kept mumbling. Raven went back tothe other Titans. "He just keeps saying that someone's back."Everyone looked confused. "Who?" Starfire asked. "Last night, he was acting similar tonow." Raven explained, "I accessed a memory of his and it came upwith one of his old partners disappearance." Robin nodded. "That mustbe it." No one had noticed until they heard the doors open. Shockwave waswalking away. Raven and Beast-Boy followed him. "Shockwave."Beast-Boy said, "Where're you going?" Shockwave kept mumbling randomthings to himself. Then, it seemed like something came to Shockwave. He stoppedin mid-stance and stood there looking blankly at nothing.
Aftera moment, he started running. He was running as if something was calling him.Raven followed him while Beast-Boy got the others. Shockwave kept running untilhe got into the city. He bounded down different streets. Raven almost lost hima couple times. After running through fifteen streets, Shockwave stopped. Acloaked stranger stood in the middle of the abandoned street. "I thoughtit was you!" Shockwave said as he approached the stranger. The cloakedperson put his hand out and forced Shockwave back a couple feet. The strangerfinally turned around. There stood a teenager about the same height asShockwave. He had purple armor and a tattered cape. His dark spiky red hairflowed in the wind. "Shockwave, I knew you'd come." Raven wascompletely lost in this conversation. The teen drew a giant sword (thinkNightmare's sword off of Soul Caliber 2).
"What'swrong?" Shockwave asked. "Nothing's wrong." The teen said,"I've just doing my job." At that, the teen jumped up with swordraised high above his head. He slashed at Shockwave but Shockwave had backed upbefore he'd hit him. "Why're you doingthis?" Shockwave asked. The teens glowed a darkred. "Because, Slade told me to." Shockwavegasped. Now he knew why his old friend was acting strange. Slade wascontrolling him. Raven was by his side now. "Shockwave, who is that?"she asked. Shockwave sighed. "He's my old friend, Futuresight."Futuresight laughed evilly. "Is your littlegirlfriend going to help you, Shockwave?" he laughed.
Ravenlooked up. She used her power and fired an old parked car at him. "Yeah, Iam!" Raven yelled. The car smashed into the side of Futuresight.Then, the car started to float. It flew back at Raven but Shockwave blasted itapart before it got to her. "Raven, I need you to keep him busy while Ifigure out why he's like this." Shockwave explained. Raven nodded andattacked. Shockwave ran around to Futuresight's back.He saw it. A small glowing square attached to the back of his neck. "An A.I." Shockwave gasped. Shockwave hadn't beenpaying attention until the side of Futuresight'ssword smashed the side of his head. Futuresightturned around, now concentrating on Shockwave.
Shockwavelooked horrified into his friend's eyes. Futuresightshowed no sign of having any mercy. Then, blackness surrounded Futuresight's sword. It was being pulled back. "ThanksRaven." Shockwave thought. "Hurry!"Raven yelled. Shockwave nodded. He swerved around Futuresighttill he got near the A.I. "Don't worry." Shockwave said, "Thiswon't hurt a bit." Shockwave aimed right for the chip right as a giantblade swung for his head. Futuresight broke free ofRaven's power and was free to strike. "I knew she'd do that. Futuresight said, "That's why I'm called Futuresight." Shockwave laughed a little. "Afterworking with you for so many years, I figured as much." Futuresight ignored his wisecrack. He slammed his bladedown but hit right next to Shockwave. "Shockwave, you gottaget this thing off me!" he pleaded.
Shockwavewas confused. "He's fighting the A.I." Raven said. "Futuresight," Shockwave said, "Keep fighting it.I'll help you." Futuresight smiled before hiseyes turned red again. Shockwave swerved around him again but Futuresight had seen it coming. He swung around, now havinghis back turned to Raven. Futuresight swung his swordbut Shockwave ducked. Futuresight put the sword abovehis head again. Then, black energy surrounded his arms. "What's goingon?" he yelled.
 "Shockwave! Now!" Ravenyelled. Shockwave nodded and jumped over Futuresightwhile he was still frozen. "Ok, I got one last shot at this."Shockwave said to himself. He aimed and took one blast at the A.I. chip. Theblast sent Shockwave and Futuresight flying a couplefeet. Shockwave ended up landing on Raven. Futuresightlay on the ground, softly groaning. Shockwave and Raven walked over to check onhim. "Shockwave." Futuresightsaid as he turned over, "Thanks." Shockwave smiled. "Noproblem."
Laterat Titans Tower, Futuresightlay on Shockwave's bed. Shockwave came in. "How yadoing?" he asked. "Fine." Futuresight said, sitting up. "That's good."Shockwave said. Futuresight smiled. "Thanksagain for saving me." Shockwave nodded. "So, how are the others?"Shockwave asked. Futuresight didn't speak for amoment. "Well, I haven't heard from either of them." He explained,"We kinda went tour separate ways after you leftus." Shockwave looked sad. "I know. I'm sorry." Futuresight looked out the window. "It's not yourfault. After your fight with her, I would've left too." There was a shortpause. Then, the two just broke out laughing.
Ravenand Terra walked in as they were stopping. "Hey guys." Shockwavesaid, wiping his eyes. "Robin told us to give this to you." Terrasaid, tossing him a communicator, "To stay in touch." Futuresight smiled, "Thanks." He and Shockwavegot up and started heading for the door. Futuresightstopped. A picture on the wall had caught his eye. A picture of him, Shockwaveand two other people hung on the wall. "Miss them?" Shockwave asked.He apparently saw what he was looking at. Futuresightkept looking at the picture. "A little."
"Yousure you don't wanna stay?" Shockwave asked. TheTitans were gathered outside the tower. "Nah, I need to get going."Shockwave nodded. "Ok, well come back anytime." Shockwave said. Futuresight looked at his communicator. "I'll dothat." He turned around and headed for the bridge back to the city. TheTitans watched him until he had disappeared from sight.
Author'sNote –Zorpnak was a random word I came up with.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment