Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Episode 8 - Heartache

The Titans meet up with a lightning-powered teen named Shockwave and together they fight the returning evil of Slade. *PLEASE READ AND REVEIW!!!*

Chapter 8 - Episode 8 - Heartache

Chapter 8 - Episode 8 - Heartache
TEEN TITANS: Heartache[/b]
 [/b]
Raven wassitting in the living room, reading a book as usual. Beast Boy had just walkedin but she hadn’t noticed. Beast Boy glanced over her shoulder. “What’cha reading?” he asked. Raven turned the other way,shielding the book for him. Beast Boy turned into an octopus and snagged thebook. He morphed back and read a few lines. “Since when do you read lovenovels?” he asked. Raven pulsed. She snagged it back, “And since when do youcare what I read?”
 
Beast Boyjust turned around and left. Cyborg ran in, knockingBeast Boy out of the way on accident. “Mail’s here!” he shouted. All the Titansgathered around. “Ok, magazine for Robin, letter from Tamaranand…” Cyborg paused, “Dog food?” Beast Boy grabbedit. “It’s finally hear!!” The other Titans sighed athis stupidity. “And…a letter to all of us?” Cyborg said. “Lemme see.”Shockwave said as he swiped it.
 
It was agold envelope addressed to all of them. Shockwave opened it as the other Titansread over his shoulder. It read:
Dear Teen Titans,[/i]
    You have been invited to the Bi-Annual City Dinner this Fridaynight. The governor of the state will be hosting the event. It is mandatorythat every boy must be accompanied by a date. We hope to see you Friday…[/i]
The Titanspaused. Robin, Beats Boy and Shockwave looked at the girls. Robin was the firstto notice. “Wait. Cyborg doesn’t have a date for thedinner!” Shockwave got up. “I’m on it!” he said, then ran out of the room. “Hescares me a little.” Beast Boy remarked.
 
“It’s okguys.” Cyborg said, “You go on and have fun.” Terraput her arm around him.  “It wouldn’t beas much fun without you.” Everyone agreed. “Really it’s ok.” He said. “Are yousure, Cyborg?” Robin asked. Cyborgsmiled and nodded. “Ok, if you’re sure.” Everyone got up to go get ready.
 
The girlswere in Starfire’s room getting ready. “Why do youthink we were invited to this dinner anyway?” Raven asked. Starfireand Terra shrugged. Raven was trying on a couple dresses, Starfirewas painting her nails and Terra was messing with her hair. Starfirejust happened to look up at her clock. “Come friends or we will be late.” Shesaid. Terra and Raven were ready so they left to get the boys.
 
“Where’sShockwave?” Beast Boy asked. “He hasn’t come out of his room for, like, 3hours.” Robin replied. Raven sighed. “I’ll go get ‘em.”She glided down the halls to Shockwave’s door. She noticed he’d burned hisinsignia into his door. Raven smirked and opened the door. Shockwave was in hisoutfit for the night but had a smock over it and his goggles over his eyes.“What’re you doing?” Raven asked. “Building a girlfriend for Cyborg.” Shockwave explained. “You can’t do that.”Raven told him. “Sure I can!” Shockwave said.
 
He playedwith a remote control and made the legs (which was all he had made at the time)walk around. It did 3 circles and then ran at Shockwave and started kicking himin the butt. He pushed the emergency shut-down button. “Still needs work.”Raven giggled, took his hand and led him out. “C’mon, we gottago.”
 
Cyborghad decided to at least drive the other Titans to the dinner. Beast Boy waslooking out the window, Robin was doing stuff on the car computer, Starfire and Terra were talking and Raven was messing withShockwave’s head. “Shockwave, take the goggles off!” Raven demanded. “No way!” Shockwave protested, “They are, who I am.” Ravengave up. By that time, Cyborg had pulled up to thehall. “Thanks Cyborg.” Everyone said as they got out.Robin went up to the window. “You gonna be ok?” heasked. “Yeah, sure.” Cyborgsaid. Robin nodded and joined the others. Cyborgsighed as he drove off.
 
Inside the hall…[/i]
Everyonegazed at all the decorations as they walked in. Practically everything was goldcolored. A man in a suit came up to them. “The Teen Titans, how nice of you toshow up.” The Titans looked a little confused. “Oh, I’m so sorry for my rudemanners.” The man said, “My name is Samuel and the governor has invited youtonight.”. Robin, being the leader and all, confrontedSamuel. “Why?” he asked. Samuel paused for a moment the smiled,“To…uh…commemorate you on all you’ve done for Jump City.” He said. The Titanslooked a little confused but decided to go along with it.
 
“It seemsa little funny that they’d do this for us.” Terra said. “Yes, it isvery…freaky.” Starfire added. Samuel seated theTitans and left them. Older people were dancing, talking and other sorts ofthings that old people do. Shockwave’s eyes kept shifting from side to side, asif he was watching something. “What’re you looking at?” Raven asked when she noticedher boyfriend’s strange behavior. He shook his head and continued eying thingsin the room. Their waiter came back with lobster dinners for the Titans.Shockwave started poking his with a fork. “It’s dead, right?” he asked. Ravensmiled a little.
 
Later on…[/i]
 [/i]
Shockwavewas continuing to look around the room. Their wassomeone on the upper floor looking over the dinner and Shockwave thought helooked a little suspicious. “I’ll be right back.” He told the team. He got upand ran to the other side of the room. Shockwave glided up the stairs and foundthe man who was watching them. He casually walked over to the strange man. “Nice dinner, huh?” Shockwave said.
 
Thestrange man didn’t even look over. “Yes.” He replied, “You’re on of the Titans,aren’t you?” Shockwave nodded, “Yeah.” The strange man laughed a little. “ThenI’ll start with you first.” Shockwave watched as one of the man’s arms turnedinto a giant blade. “Wait a second.” Shockwave said. His eyes widened as herealized who he was up against. “It’s been a while, hasn’t it Shockwave?” theman said, taking off his coat. Underneath was a black teen wearing a blackspandex suit and had dred lochs. “Not long enough,Copycat!” Shockwave said as he lunged at the enemy, forcing him off the side ofthe balcony.
 
Copycatplummeted towards the floor. Then, giant eagle wings started to grow from hisback. The wings flapped and rocketed Copycat back up at Shockwave. The otherTitans had taken notice to what was going on. They ran to Shockwave but someonegot in their way. Slade stepped in the way, followed by a familiar person.
 
“Cyborg!” Robin called out. Cyborg didn’t even look at him. Slade looked back at Cyborg then back at the Titans. “Yes, I’ve persuaded yourfriend to work for me now.” Slade said. Robin sneered at Slade. No one hadnoticed but Raven had fazed into the ground to go help Shockwave. “Cyborg, destroy the Titans!” Slade commanded. “No problem.”Cyborg replied. He charged at the Titans.
 
Copycatflew up and landed on the railing. He transformed his hands into machine gunsand started firing. Shockwave put his arm up to shield himself, not that itwould’ve done him any good, but a black barrier engulfed Shockwave just as thebullets were range. Raven fazed out of the ground right next to Shockwave. “Youok?” Raven asked. “Yeah, thanks.” Shockwave replied. He leaned over and kissedRaven. Copycat stopped firing and Raven let thebarrier down. Shockwave lunged at Copycat, forcing him back off the ledge. Shockwavepounded Copycat’s face until the shape-shifter threw him off.
 
Shockwaverebounded off the ground and into Copycat’s stomach. Shockwave shot a fist fullof lightning into Copycat. Raven grabbed Shockwave’s arm but Copycat feel tothe ground. He laid there on the ground. Raven and Shockwave drifted next tohim. They stared at him for a second. Copycat morphed his arms into tentaclesand wrapped them around the two Titans.
“Raven,you’ve gotta faze out of him!” Shockwave yelled.Raven tried but nothing was happening. “I can’t!” she yelled back.
 
Shockwavehad an idea. He shocked the arm that was holding him and Copycat immediately letgo of him but still remained holding Raven. Copycat started laughing. “I washoping you’d do that.” He said. “Why?” Shockwave asked as he got up off thefloor. “So I could do this!” Copycat said as he morphed the hand that used tohave Shockwave into a energy pistol. He put it to Raven’shead.
 
Robin, Starfire and Beast-boy were fighting Cyborgfrom the front side while Terra tried from the back. Starfirefired a rain of starbolts but Cyborgjust rolled out of the way. Beast Boy morpshed into agiant anaconda and wrapped himself around Cyborg. “Why’re doing this?” Robin asked. “I have my reasons!” Cyobrg said. His fired his cannon and Beast Boy was knockedoff. Terra flew in rocks from outside and pelted Cyobrgwith them. She then had rock come from the ground and encase Cyborg. “Good work Terra.” Beast Boy said.
 
“Ok Cyborg, why are you doing this!?” Robin yelled. Cyborg didn’t answer. He looked up to see four of theTitans staring at him. Cyobrg sighed. “I’m sorry, it’sjust that.” Cyborg explained. “I’ve been a littlelonely lately, since everyone in the tower had someone.” Robin looked a littletaken back. “But why go to Slade?” Robin asked. “I don’t know, I guess itseemed like a good idea when I was angry earlier.” Cyborgtold him. Robin lookedover toTerra. Terra understood.
 
Sherelinquished the rock from around Cyborg. “Can youguys forgive me?” Cyobrg asked. The Titans smiled. “Wealready have.” Robin said, “Now let’s go help Raven and Shockwave” Cyobrg nodded and the Titans ran off to find their friends.
 
“One moveand she’s gone.” Copycat said. Shockwave was sweating. He needed to stopCopycat but he didn’t want Raven to get hurt at the same time. “Just as I thought.” Copycat laughed, “Doesn’t this remindyou of anything?” Shockwave’s eyes widened as memories flashed through hishead.
 
“Shockwave, help!” a girl’s voicecried out. Copycat had a energy pistol to her head. Shockwavestood there, debating in his head what her was goingto do…[/i]
 [/i]
“Copycat!”Shockwave yelled, “You pulled this with Shadow, but you’re not going to pullthis now!” Shockwave said. Then, Raven conjured aenergy field around Copycat’s hand and pointed the gun to himself. He let Ravengo and she flew to Shockwave’s side. Copycat sweated as the gun barrel was 2inches away from his head. Tears started flowing down his face. He knew Ravencould fire the gun at any time. Shockwave sighed. “Let ‘emgo.” He said. “But.” Raven debated. Shockwave justlooked over. Raven nodded and released her energy from his hand.
 
Copy catmorphed back to normal and fell to the ground. “Now go!” Shockwave yelled.Copycat nodded and crawled off. Raven turned her head towards Shockwave. “MayI?” she asked. “Sure.” Shockwave replied. Raven sent a dark bolt at Copycat’sbutt. It hit and he ran away screaming. The two Titans laughed at him as he ranaway in pain.
 
The other5 Titans showed up right at the end. “Are you alright?” Starfireasked them. “Yeah, we’re fine.” Raven replied. “Oh, hi Cyborg!” Shockwave said, noticing that Cyborg was with the other Titans. Raven and Shockwave hadno idea of what Cyborg had done and Robin decided tokeep it that way. It was better that way. The Titans walked outside and droveback to the tower.
 
Back at Titan’s Tower…[/i][/i]
 [/i]
Shockwave’slaid on Raven’s bed as Raven came back and sat downnext to him. “What happened back there?” Raven asked. Shockwave gave a confusedlook. “When Copycat had the gun to my head.” She explained. “Oh…that.”Shockwave replied. He didn’t seem to excited abouttelling her the truth. He sighed. “It was a long time ago, before I met theTitans.” Shockwave explained, “I used to be a leader of a different team.”
 
“Then whydid you quit?” Raven asked. Shockwave sat up. “Let’s just say something bad happenedthat made me leave.” He explained. “Like?” Ravenpersisted. “I don’t like to talk about it.” Shockwave told her. Ravenunderstood. She took Shockwave into her arm’s and they sat they sat there for afew more hours.
 
AuthorsNote – I justfound this out a few days ago. Ron Perlman (the voiceactor for Slade) is also the voice for Vice Principal Lancer on Danny Phantomand played Hellboy in Hellboy[/i]. I just found that veryfascinating.
 [/b]
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment