Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - 1

There should be a genre called "Philosophy" or something similar to this.
=/

Chapter 1 - 1

Chapter 1 - 1
Individuality. As humans, it's a primary funciton in our impulse drivenmind to want to be different. Because if we're different, we getnoticed. Hence through that logic, we get attention. Even if one is shyin nature, they want attention; just as a person who is highlyinterpersonal wants acknowledgement. Thus, through thisacknowledgement, we gain some sort of pride. Self dignity, self esteem,self confidence. Whatever one may wish to call it, it's a basic humandesire ranging from one human to the next. This is, beside the fact ofeleborate communication, one of the basis of being a human. No matterhow much you wish to discard this trait, you wish to be different. Youwish to be a nonconformist. You lust for it, even if you deny it. Anddenying it, in itself, is an attempt to be different.

Let me state this in the form of an analogy, the basic statement of thescholar and philosophier. This person wants to be different. Perfectlyfine, they head this direction. But he wants to be himself too, so hegoes another way. Yet this person wants to be an indivudal, so theyhead this way. This process goes on, until we find out.. We've ran outof spaces to go. So, people begin to overlap. She stands side to sidewith her friend. He stands close with his companions. And this is wherecliques are formed, from the overlapping of basic intrests. Espicallyin the form of cosemtics, aesthetics are so important to humans.Aesthetics is how we signify rank, status, importantance, and beauty.

However, moths eat the clothing and rust wears away our jewelry. Sowhat are we left with? Our personalities, and without our simulartastes in clothing, it's difficult for humans to steorotype us swiftly.Thus, we must get to know the individual, then we realize thatindividuality does have a place. But, to reach this, all humans mustlook past the exterior. And this will be impossible, because it will bedenying and altering the basic psychology of humans. And to believethis is possible would be absolutely absurd and othodox.

Now, we're left here. Nude. On display. Not our physical aspects, butour emotional. Our mental. Our pure personalities. Emotions on display?Not quite, just open to the eye. For others to judge you for who youare. We attempt to project a certain message with out aesthetics, butdoes it truely work? Not at all, because all-in-all, there are only afew types of personalities we remember. And hence the reason for"labels". Now, we're standing here. And we're deciding what you reallythink of us. Not just the message we project, but the message we live.

So tell me, who are we?

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Ruroni_Otaku on August 21, 2006, 11:14:51 AM

Ruroni_Otaku on
Ruroni_OtakuVery well written. Although, you seem to have a malfunctioning space-bar key XP

Umby on August 21, 2006, 11:17:09 AM

Umby on
UmbyThat, or this is a rough draft.
I'm leaning more to the "I just wrote this in 5 minutes because someone asked for it because their contest needed another entry like NOW" excuse.

But thank you ^^ I'll attempt to edit it later.