Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Training

You may have read it on fanfiction.net

Chapter 1 - Training

Chapter 1 - Training
"LET… IT… RIP! Come on Dranzer, one more time! Full on power attack! That's it…!" The sound of Kai's Beyblade clashing to the heavily dusted floor echoed into every corner of the quarry. "Noooooo!" It was totally out of control! No matter what he did, or how hard he tried, Dranzer skidded out of control from the moment it left the launcher. "I don't understand it…" Kai thought, as he bent down to pick up his somehow… uncontrollable Beyblade. "What am I doing wrong…?" he asked the shining bit piece. "I've never had any trouble with you before Dranzer. But now it seems like… I can't control you at all. What's the matter with you… or maybe what I should ask is… what's the matter with me?" Clenching his fist in anger round his prized Bit beast, Kai looked up into the early evening sky. It was a beautiful dark red colour, the kind of red that you see when you cut open a ripe, succulent watermelon. The amber sun was just about visible from over the towering walls of the deserted quarry. Distant clouds were shaped like whipped ice cream, spiralling their way up into the blank canvas of the summer sky. But this peaceful scene wouldn't last forever, before long Kai would be stood in total darkness… all by himself. "Ahhhhhhh! I can't take this anymore!" he raged, collapsing limply to the dusty floor in despair and weakness from his many unsuccessful launches. Kai's eyes gradually started to get a glossy shine to them. "What's happening to me? There's something missing… but what is it? Something that… I've been looking for… my whole life… but it feels like… I'm never going to be able to find it… if I carry on like this. What could it be…?" he questioned his lifeless brain. Kai slowly closed his tired and weary eyes, in hoping to find the answer. The whole of his body was aching. Every muscle, every bone, every ligament. He had been trying to master Dranzer all day, and long into the previous night. But he didn't care how long it took, how hurt he got, or what obstacles he had to overcome… all he knew… was that he just had to find the answer to his lingering problems… no matter what!
Kai's clothes were muddy, his long, white scarf was ripped, and his body was scratched and bruised, but the tormented mind in which he owned was in a worse state.

The source of all his problems had been when he was battling Tyson earlier on that week. There was nothing unusual about that; Kai challenged Tyson anytime, anywhere. Never turning down a moment in which he could finally beat him … once… and… for… all… But it didn't make any difference, no matter how hard he trained, no matter how fiercely he battled, and no matter what he did… Kai could never find the key to defeat Tyson, ever. It seemed to be locked away in a untouchable box that had a million combinations, whenever he seemed to be making process, the code would change, and Kai would be back to where he started. Tyson always seemed to be one step ahead of him… all the time. Kai didn't know how he did it; whether he was stronger in mind or in body was a mystery!

But Kai had had enough at last; his poor brain couldn't take the grief anymore. All he knew was that he had to get away… away from Tyson… away from the G Revolutions, and away from his anger. Training himself to the extreme, the forest, desert, mountains, anywhere that would force him to survive in the harshest of conditions, seemed to be the only answer to his endless stream of questions. He would train until he was at long last stronger than Tyson, and then… and only then, would he be able to let his distressed and weary mind rest at last.

"Erm… excuse me… are… are you OK?" A gentle girl's voice jolted Kai gently out of his troubled dreams. "What are you doing down there?" the angelic voice asked, not expecting an answer. Kai didn't want to open his eyes, he just wanted to shut whoever that was out, not wanting to talk to them. Feeling a cool hand on his burning forehead made him jump slightly. "No…" he moaned "Just go away… I… don't need your help…" The hand slowly cleared his grey, lank hair out of his tear welled eyes. Kai suddenly grabbed the hand with amazing speed and agility for how worn out he was, and squeezed it hard. Her skin was soft to the touch against his rough, cut, bleeding hands. Kai didn't care of much he was hurting the helpless girl; he just wanted her to go away… for her to leave him alone! "Ow, you're… you're hurting me… let go… please! I just… I just wanted to help you!" The girl's voice started to shake in fear as she protested. Kai felt the last of his strength leave him, like an eagle had captured it in its beak, and flown into the sun set distance. And with that, let go of the trembling hand, letting his own flop down onto his stomach. Even though he still hadn't opened his eyes, Kai's amazing sixth sense had told him that the girl, who ever she was, had jumped back away from him. "I've got… to get up," Kai told himself. "I've got to get away… from her… I can't… let anyone see me… not until… my training… is complete." Summoning some of the last remaining strength that had survived deep within him, he desperately pleaded for his legs to move, his aching muscles arguing against him. Kai heaved himself off of the dusty ground with a little help off his scratched and bruised arms. Swaying slightly on his feet, Kai raised his head to look at the figure a few passes in front of him. The 'girl' was still with him. She was just standing there, looking at him… with a look of great concern on her pretty little face. Her dark maroon hair was shinning like a rare seashell in the setting sun. But the strangest thing about her… was her eyes. Kai didn't know what it was about them… but they weren't human. When you looked into them, they seemed to magically change colour, if that was even possible! But Kai didn't have chance to look into her breath taking pupils any longer, his own vision had started to blur. "Oh my gosh… your really hurt… please let me help you… please!" The girl pleaded, as she slowly inched her way towards him. "Get… away from me... I don't…" But no more words parted from Kai's parched and cracked lips. His body was at the end of its tether; Kai could feel the last ounce of his remaining energy seep from his battered body. He was falling…. falling…. falling… but where to?

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shewolf2118 on February 11, 2009, 9:06:52 AM

shewolf2118 on
shewolf2118poor kai DX *hugs him*