Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - chapter3

You may have read it on fanfiction.net

Chapter 3 - chapter3

Chapter 3 - chapter3
An agonising pain woke the sleeping boy from his peaceful slumber, making him shoot out of the dream world in a flash. The crippling pain shot up the side of his ribs, making him grimace slightly, as he clutched the bandages that supported him. Rolling over to ease the pain, Kai opened his heavy eyelids letting the streaming sunlight hit his sensitive pupils.

It was early dawn by the sounds of it; the morning birds sang their chirruping song. Kai let the melody float through his head like a white fisherman’s’ ship sailing the peaceful marine ocean. It was like he different have a care in the world.

He sighed with pure peace of mind; this was the first time he had felt like this for a while now. Back at home, the only way he could get away from his loud, boisterous team-mates was by lying on the hill that towered over their home village. But even then Tyson would no doubt come along and pester him like a little kid asking for candy.

Lying there, the grey haired teenager realised at last were he was. There he was in his own little dream world, when he didn’t have the faintest idea where he was!

Coming back to his senses, Kai slowly got up, wincing slightly because of his broken ribs. The injured youth looked at his surroundings, taking in every detail that he had missed the previous night. How could he have been so stupid! The memory of last night flooded back to him. I was rescued wasn’t I…? He asked himself in his head. There was that weird girl here too… that’s right… this is her cabin isn’t? Man oh man Kai he told himself, you really need to get a grip!

The teenager realised that he hadn’t paid much attention to where he was last night. He had only spotted the main features of the wooden cabin, and so there was a lot more to the room to the first glance.

Beside the ‘kitchen utilities’ that he saw last night was a large chest of draw, made of what looked like polished oak, but the contents on top of it looked more intriguing to Kai. Lying there looked what was like this strange girls possessions. A decorated photo frame with musty glass stood in the middle. It framed a beautiful woman with copper coloured hair that reached her waist. Her eyes were the most amazing colour of yellow, framed my perfectly shaped eyes brows.

Who could this woman be…?

But Kai had no chance to think about that now, the front door opened, and that strange girl Tayo entered.

“Oh my!” she cried at the sight of him standing up. “You can’t stand with injuries like yours!”

Kai was starting to get sick of her worrying. What was her problem!

“Leave me alone…” He glanced out the window and saw that his clothes were still hanging on the line. Kai walked straight past Tayo without even looking at her, and out of the front door onto the porch.

His clothes billowed wildly in the wind. This is going to take some time thought Kai as he tried raising his arm to pick off his jeans but was stopped by the same pain down his side. Trying to get washing off the line with one hand was not Kai’s best skill.

The clothes blew about his head as he tried to get them down, tangling themselves around his head. He struggled, trying to get free but just made the situation even worse.

Giggling came from the doorway of the house. “Do you want some help there?” Tayo asked him trying her best not to roll around on the floor with laughter at this funny sight. He’s always trying to be so hard she thought, why doesn’t he laugh every now and again… or… even smile?

This just added to Kai’s already bad mood. He didn’t need help from… her! “NO I DON’T!” he raged, at last unwrapping himself and stumbling to one side.

“Watch out…” But Tayo’s warning came too late. Kai fell to the floor with a load crunch.

“OH MY GOODNESS!” The small girl hoped between the lines of washing to Kai who was sprawled on the floor. She crouched down

Beside him to assess the state of him.

He moaned and groaned with the pain. It was like nothing had ever felt before; he must have landing on the already injured side. The sensation of a thousand needles being forced into his side shook his body.

It felt like he was going to pass out again. NO! He… had… to be strong!

“I knew I should have helped you sooner! This is all my fault!” Tayo’s voice floated in and out of is head like the waves at the ocean.

Devastation filled her voice, tears spilled out of her eyes, and down her slender cheeks. Sobbing, she put her head on her chest and cried into it. “I’m so sorry…” she sobbed. “I… really am…” She opened her eyes, but was shocked at what she saw right in front of them.

Thick… red… blood. It was soaking right the way through the countless layers of bandages that she had wrapped around him the night before.

Tayo didn’t know what to do! Her mother had never shown her how to stop the flow of blood before she left home. Home… oh how she missed home… NO! SHE COULDN’T THINK ABOUT THAT NOW! SHE HAD KAI TO LOOK AFTER!

She shot up her head pushing these thoughts out of he head, and put her looked into Kai’s face. It was twisted with pain. Small beads of sweat started to break out on his forehead.

There had to be something she could do!

But her nightmare just got even worse. The psychotic laugher that she always hated to hear floated through her head.

No… please she pleaded silently. Not now… any time but now!

“Well, well, well, what do we have here?” The voice was harsh, but had the slight essence of madness about it.

Tayo looked up into… the face of pure evil.

The ‘Psycho Bladers’ were here to join the party!

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shewolf2118 on February 11, 2009, 9:19:33 AM

shewolf2118 on
shewolf2118intrestin hope you add more

MarhiaPotterakMewNakama on March 28, 2006, 8:40:09 AM

MarhiaPotterakMewNakama on
MarhiaPotterakMewNakamaI like it

Kakashikuns_lover60 on January 30, 2006, 11:46:24 AM

Kakashikuns_lover60 on
Kakashikuns_lover60*clap clap* i love it im mad i think u should get alot of more comments *super faves*