Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Memories

Just a little thing I had posted in my livejournal and used it for my rp chara at bandcandy. I wrote it when I was depressed. Hopefully, it'll make you think.

Chapter 1 - Memories

Chapter 1 - Memories
I once read somewhere that sometimes certain words or images can cause people to search the deep recesses of their minds and could bring past memories, once long forgotten, instantly back to squirming, feverish life. More often that not, these are the memories we wish would just stay dead and buried. But when these zombies rise from the grave, they attach themselves to us like leeches until the only thing we can focus on is them slowly sucking away at our sanity.

Sometimes when that torrent of thought comes gushing back, you can feel it more powerfully that the first time. Why? It's simple; you've had time to reflect upon it. That image of whatever happened will constantly rewind and replay in your mind until you are consumed by it. Sometimes that image becomes so vivid you can taste, smell, feel, etc. all the things you did in that moment. And, you can also see, by reflection, the ways to prevent a certain action from occurring. Sure, it's all so obvious now, after the fact, but then it wasn't. And now you're left kicking yourself for being so stupid as to not seeing it. You had to experience the consequences. You could not save yourself from the pain.

And that pain is what makes you regret. Obviously, you'd never regret a happy memory, because obviously you had nothing to regret. But that sensation of salt water on an open wound, the feeling of the knife being plunged deep into your heart...that's what brings even the strongest of men to their knees. And even worse is the haunting reminder that, no matter what, you can not change the past.

So in conclusion, my dear readers, for your own sakes, please think before you act. I am, by no means whatsoever, telling you how to live your lives. I'm just saying that you should take all things into consideration. It could save you a great deal of heart ache. Remember, you have choices, at least in the beginning.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

sofiadivine on October 16, 2004, 12:27:13 PM

sofiadivine on
sofiadivineWOW... I mean I don't know what to say. It is so deep yet so true. I know that for a fact. The past can not be changed however we are in charge of our future. And thinking before acting sometimes spares us plenty of troubles. And I know the feeling of remembering a painful moment up to the last smell. Not enjoyable.