Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Or do they? Read the story about the bird, a girl named Skye Nestings, and how she met her opposite.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2


Six days later, Skye was walking down Main Street in a white t-shirt, blue jeans, sneakers, and her hair up in a ponytail. She had her hands behind her head and was staring at the sky. It is now a day before the beginning of the Duelist Kingdom tournament and she has not been able to decide what to bring with her.

“Maybe I should buy some new clothes for this..I do need a new OOF!� was the end of her train of thought as she hit into something and fell flat on her back. She laid there in a daze for a moment before she regained consciousness and sat up.

“Hey! Ever heard of moving aside?!� she shouted as she shook her fist at someone behind a crowd of people, but he didn’t notice her. They all seemed to be surrounding something or someone. She sat there for a minute, looking quite confused. She stood up on her toes to look over the crowd of people, but she was too short. She didn’t hardly reached their shoulders when she stood like this. She began to jump up and down trying to see.

“Hey! Move aside, I wanna see!� she shouted, but everyone seemed to be ignoring her. She continued this for about a minute. When she stopped, they were whispering something.

“Do you see them?� asked one girl to the guy next to her.

“Yeah. I can’t believe they’re walking down the street like a couple of regular guys!� said the man to the girl. Skye cocked her head to one side in confusion.

“Maybe some celebrities came to town or something.� was her thought of this. When the last couple of people finally moved to one side, she could see two boys walking past them. One had blue hair and huge gold glasses, the other had brown hair with purple bangs and a red ski cap.

“ Oh crud, it’s Rex Raptor and Weevil Underwood!� she thought nervously. Her brain was telling her to just step aside and hope they didn’t see her, but her legs wouldn’t listen. She just stood there shaking slightly. They walked past her, but Rex stopped and turned around to get a better look at her. He tapped Weevil on the shoulder and they walked back towards her. By now, the other people went back to their normal daily routines.

“Say, haven’t I seen you before?� inquired Rex. He knew he met her somewhere. Skye didn’t want him to start bragging how he beat her, so she just shrugged.

“I...don’t know, maybe.� she said very nervously.

“Please don’t remember, please don’t remember, please be an idiot and don’t remember.� she thought as he pondered where he could have seen her. It then hit Rex where he’s seen her before and he smirked.

“Now I remember! You’re that chick I beat in the Regionals! Oh man, I never thought you would actually show your face in public again!� teased Rex. Skye’s face was flushed with embarrassment, she wanted to walk away, but her legs made her stay there.

“Rex actually beat you?! But he’s such a bad duelist! Anyone could beat him! That’s why I won last night.� boasted Weevil. Skye looked up at him from under her bangs.

“Wow...he sounds a lot more annoying in person� she thought as she cocked an eyebrow.

“The only reason you won is because I went easy on you bug-boy!� said an annoyed Rex.

“Sure Rex, keep telling yourself that. It will help to hide the shame.� said Weevil, who then laughed after this was said. If looks could kill, the look Rex gave Weevil could have mutilated him a hundred times over. Weevil pushed up his glasses.

“So, you going to the Duelist Kingdom tournament? I know I am.� said a very proud Weevil.

“She probably isn’t, she’d be sent packing after one battle!� laughed Rex. Skye became red in the face. She had just about had it with Rex’s attitude. She straightened herself and spoke in a clear voice. When she stood up straight, she was about an inch or two shorter than Weevil.

“As a matter of fact, I got my glove in the mail last night, and I will not be sent packing on the first battle. In fact, I’m going to win.� boasted Skye as she looked Rex straight in the eye without any fear.

“Really? Well you better not challenge me, because I kicked your butt once, and I’ll kick it again. Come on lets go Weevil.� sneered Rex as he and Weevil walked off. Skye glared at Rex as he walked off.

“Oh don’t worry, you’ll be the first one I battle.� thought Skye as she turned around and walked off.

Skye walked into her house and went straight up to her room. Her room’s walls were dark blue and covered in bird and duel monster posters, drawings, and pictures. Her rug was black and so was her dresser and closet door. On her dresser was a black phone, a mirror, and many porcelains of birds. Next to her dresser was a rather large cage with a dark-red peacock/phoenix mix bird. On her bed was a navy blue quilt and a black pillow. Skye threw the shopping bag on her bed and knelt next to the cage.

“Hey girl.� she said to the beautiful bird, who’s name is Moon-Flame, while she stroked its head with two fingers. It cooed in response and nuzzled its head against her hand.

“I know I’m taking you with me to the tournament.� she said to Moon-Flame. She took some bird feed from a bag next to the cage and placed it in the bowl inside of the cage. Suddenly, Skye’s phone rang. She walked over to her dresser and picked up the receiver.

“Nestings residence, Skye speaking.� she said waiting for a response. A perky voice then spoke up on the other line, it was May’s.

“Hey Skye! What’s up?� asked May. Skye looked very puzzled for the moment.

“May...how did you get my phone number?� asked Skye, worried that May was some sort of stalker. Skye is very nervous most of the time.

“I looked it up in the phone book! Anyway, did you get a invite in the mail for Duelist Kingdom? I did!� shouted a very happy May, who, unknown to Skye, was dancing with happiness.

“Um..yeah.� said Skye, very relived that May wasn’t a stalker.

“Yay! Now all my friends will be there!� exclaimed May.

“What? Is Yugi going?� asked a now interested Skye.

“Yep! And so’s Joey! Tea and Tristan are going to try to find a way to get on. Well, I gotta go now bye!� said a very happy May and hung up the phone. Skye put down the receiver and stood there for a moment. Right now, she wished she didn’t have any friends. She thought they were annoying.

The next night, Skye took the bus to the docks. As she got off, she stared at the huge ship they would be taking. Skye was dressed in the clothes she had bought the other day. It was a baggy, white long-sleeved shirt with a black spaghetti strap midriff on it. On the midriff was a strange white symbol that looked sort of like an angel. She also had on a long black skirt with a big white stripe going down the middle. She also wore her old pair of sneakers. All of these were baggy on her, like any other clothing she might wear. She was carrying a medium size backpack with all the stuff she would need on a island. She was also carrying Moon-Flame’s cage. She looked at Moon-Flame.

“Well...this is it, lets go!� she said to the bird and ran off towards the ship. When she reached her destination, she was behind a crowd of perhaps millions of duelists. She pouted.

“I am not gonna wait all the way back here!� She thought and started to push her way to the front.

“Excuse me...pardon me...ow, watch it! Move it person!� she shouted. After fifteen minutes, she had made it a small way away from the front. She decided it was fine here, she was too tired to move farther up. She looked over and saw Weevil and Rex. Since she did not want the same scenario as yesterday, she ducked and walked a little bit away when she bumped into Yugi.

“Oof! What the..oh hey Skye! I didn’t know you were in the tournament too!� said an enthusiastic Yugi. Skye smiled sheepishly at Yugi.

“Hey Yugi...sorry ‘bout that, I didn’t see you there.� said Skye.

“That’s okay, it seems to happen a lot lately.� said Yugi smirking playfully. The crowd then finally started to move towards the boat, and Skye followed. She showed the guards her invitation and walked onto the boat. She walked ahead into a rather large room, where duelists were chatting and trading cards. Skye smiled, she felt really at home here. The big guard that lead them into the room started to speak.

“Alright! Those of you that were finalists in the Regional Championships, follow me to your rooms! All of the others stay here in the common area.�he said. Skye suddenly heard Joey’s voice.

“What?! Ya gotta be kiddin’ me! We don’t even get any beds?!� shouted Joey. Skye sighed. Joey really had to get used to the rules here, unless he wanted to be kicked out. She then heard another angry voice, it sounded like a woman’s.

“You’re putting a lady like me in this dorm?! Without even a shower?!� shouted the voice. Skye looked over to see who it was. It was a scantily dressed woman with blond hair and purple eyes. Skye shuddered.

“How can she WEAR that stuff in public?!� she thought in disgust. She then saw that the woman was talking to Rex, and then they both walked away. Skye blinked a couple of times. She couldn’t believe it! Rex was way in over his head this time.

“Ah well, its his problem not mine.� thought Skye as she blew a strand of hair out of her face. She followed the guard with all the other finalists to where the private rooms were. As Skye looked around, she felt a pair of eyes watching her. She looked, but she couldn’t tell because of all the people. When she felt the eyes again, she looked to her side and saw Weevil staring straight at her. When he realized she saw him, he quickly averted his gaze to the floor.

“What’s his problem?� thought Skye nervously. She was never very comfortable with people staring at her. They usually only did that because they thought she was strange. The thing that bothered her the most though was the way he stared at her. It wasn’t the kind of stare like he was trying to figure out if there was something wrong with her. It was softer, and in her eyes, was a gaze clouded with lust.

“You don’t suppose....nah, it’s just my imagination again. He hates me just as much as Rex does.� she thought. As she dismissed the thought from her mind, she was led to her room. Skye walked in, closed the door, threw her bags on the bed, and placed Moon-Flame’s cage next to her bed. She then flopped down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. She was hoping that none of this was a dream. She was here, on a boat to possibly the greatest duel monsters tournament of all time! The crashing of the waves outside calmed her a little bit. She stayed there gazing at the ceiling for a good ten minutes before sitting up. Skye then decided to go outside and talk to someone, it was getting pretty boring in here.

As she was walking down the hallway, one of the doors opened. Out flew Rex and his cards.

“Get out you twerp!� came a voice from the room. It was the girl Skye had seen before. Rex squealed as he was kicked out onto his side. She couldn’t help but smirk at his predicament.

“I had a feeling that would happen to ya Rexxy. It’s kinda humorous that I was right.� said Skye as she continued down the hall snickering to herself. Rex growled in her direction as he picked up the rest of his cards and headed for the common room. Skye walked out onto the deck. She was greeted by the cool ocean breeze. She sighed as she looked out onto the blue- purple horizon. It was so beautiful. Her tranquility was suddenly shattered by a cry from a little bit down the deck.

“No! My cards!� shouted the voice. It sounded awfully familiar. Suddenly, it hit her.

“Oh no! Yugi!� she thought frantically as she rushed down the deck to see what had happened to her friend. When she reached the scene, she saw Joey leap into the water, for what reason she did not know yet. She observed what was happening. She saw Yugi screaming for Joey to come back up, May telling a boy with long, silver spiky hair to get the rescue equipment, and Weevil smirking proudly. She suddenly heard a change in Yugi’s voice as he shouted at Weevil.

“That’s it! Once we get to the kingdom, I’m takin’ you out first!� shouted Yugi in a very confident voice.

“I’d like to see you try!� retorted Weevil. Skye was very confused, she went up to May and asked her.

“May! What the heck just happened?! I was over there when I heard Yugi shouting!� she said pointing in the direction she came from. May looked at Skye in both a sad and annoyed glare.

“That jerk Weevil threw Yugi’s best cards into the ocean, and Joey’s tryin ta find them!� Skye was shocked. Yugi’s best cards?! She couldn’t have been talking about the cards he used to beat Kaiba!

“Y..you mean...Exodia?!� exclaimed Skye. Sadly, May nodded. She couldn’t believe it. Weevil had possibly destroyed the strongest cards in the entire game! Skye stood there, not able to speak or move. Suddenly, they brought Joey up with the rescue equipment. He looked very sad, he only found two of the Exodia cards. The rest were lost forever.

“It’s okay Joey....ya tried your best.� said Yugi. Skye was surprised that Yugi was taking this so well. If it was her, she would have punched bug-boy so hard his dentist would have woken up. Then again, Yugi wasn’t her. Yugi just wasn’t the kind of person that Skye was. He hated fighting and looked for more peaceful ways to resolve conflicts. She always got herself into some kind of trouble because she had either done or said something offensive. She looked up to see Weevil walk off. Skye glared in his direction.

“That cheating little insect! Who does he think he is?!� she thought angrily. She had a good mind to go over there and give him a piece of her mind, but she decided against it, she didn’t want to get into any trouble with someone that might get her booted off the island. She just consoled Yugi as much as she could, then went back to her room, where she changed into a long t-shirt and pajama pants, crawled into bed, and fell asleep. Tomorrow, they would be at Duelist Kingdom, where they would all battle for the crown of King or Queen of Games.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment