Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

Or do they? Read the story about the bird, a girl named Skye Nestings, and how she met her opposite.

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

Skye was sleeping soundly, when she was suddenly awakened by a seagull’s cry. Her eyes opened instantly and she sat up in bed. She stretched her arms out and yawned loudly. She then looked over at a clock hanging over the door. Her eyes grew wide with shock. It was noon! She had slept in!

“Oh my god! I’m gonna be late!� She yelled as she jumped out of bed and quickly changed into a black shirt with the same angel symbol and a pair of jeans.

She didn’t have time to brush her hair or put on shoes so she just grabbed her sneakers and ran out the door with her stuff. When she reached the deck, she saw everyone was already down on the beach and heading for a big castle in the middle of the island.

“Wait! Hey! Wait for me!� screamed Skye as she ran down the gangplank and caught up with the rest of the group.

When she reached the back of the crowd, sweating and gasping for air, some of the kids glanced around to see her, some even snickered at her present appearance. When Skye regained her composure, she glared at the staring children and they instantly turned around, afraid of what she could do to them. After all, she did come in third place in the Regionals. Skye could hear a familiar voice talking about the castle, she could instantly tell it was Tea.

“A castle for a kingdom! Wow, how bourgeois!� she exclaimed as they reached the castle gates. When all of the children had settled down, Skye could see a figure on the castle balcony. It was a man. He had straight, shoulder length silver hair that covered his left eye. He wore a red suit with white frills in the collar and the sleeves. She had recognized him instantly as the man that invented Duel Monsters. It was Maximilian Pegasus.

“Welcome young duelists to Duelist Kingdom!� exclaimed Pegasus.

Skye cocked an eyebrow, he was a little too enthusiastic. It was kinda creepy to her. She listened as he spoke anyway.

“Here you will battle for the crown of King . . . � he stopped for a second as Mai, Skye, and May cleared their throats loudly to make sure he didn’t forget they were girls.

“...Or Queen of Games!� he said, sweating a little bit. He was glad he didn’t make that mistake.

“Now, go and do battle! You have seventy-two hours to collect star chips from all of your opponents. Once you collect ten, you will gain entrance to my castle, where you will battle with the other finalists to get a chance to duel me and win three million dollars! Game start!� he said.

As soon as they heard to start, the young duelists headed off in all directions. As Skye headed off toward the mountains, where she could get a power boost for her bird cards, she felt someone tug on her sleeve. She turned around, and saw a boy about a head taller than her. He had scruffy brown hair and bright blue eyes.

“Wow! You’re Skye Nestings aren’t you?� he asked.

She stared at him for a bit, wondering how he knew her name.

“...Yes . . . � Skye said with a nervous tone in her voice.

“Oh my god! I saw you on TV in the Regional Championships! You’re one of my favorite duelists! Can I have your autograph?� the boy asked as he pulled a pen and paper out of his pocket.

Skye stared at the pen and paper. She had a fan?

“Now THIS is strange . . . ah well. I see no reason not to.� She thought as she took the pen and paper.

“Okay, sure! Now who am I making this out to?� she asked the boy.

“Bobby!� exclaimed the boy as he shook with excitement.

“Okay . . . to Bobby . . . from your favorite duelist . . . Skye Nestings.� She wrote down on the little piece of paper. She then handed the paper back to the boy and was about to leave when he tugged on her sleeve again. She turned around and saw that the boy had a card in his hand. She stared at it quizzically as he handed it to her.

“Here, the payment for the autograph.� He said.

“What? You don’t need to give me this. Why would you think I would sell autographs? I’m not that famous, am I?� she asked as the boy stared at her confused.

“The last two duelists I asked for an autograph made me pay my rarest card, so I thought that all duelists sold their autographs for cards.� Said Bobby.

Skye felt very strange. Who would cheat kids out of their cards because they were famous?

“Who were these duelists?� she asked, intrigued to know who, though she had a pretty good idea who they were.

“Rex Raptor and Weevil Underwood. I asked for their autograph and wouldn’t give it to me unless I gave them my rarest card.� Exclaimed Bobby.

She was right. She was thinking that it was those two jerks. She wasn’t shocked that they would stoop that low to get a few good cards.

“Well Bobby, remember, just cause someone’s famous doesn’t mean that they are above everyone else. People like Rex and Weevil give duelists who battle for the fun of it a bad name.� She said

The boy then smiled at her and ran off to go duel someone. Skye then turned around and headed off in the direction of the mountains. Now in order to get to the mountains, she needed to cross through the forest. As she wandered through the dense wood, Skye looked around at the thriving life around her. The birds, the trees. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw something in front of her. It was a small black spider hanging right in front of her face. Her face turned paler and her eyes became huge with terror. This was because Skye was afraid of spiders. Well, not just spiders. In fact, all bugs terrified her. She squealed with fright as she ran off. When she was far away from the spider, she continued in the direction of the mountains. On her venture, she came to a small clearing. In the clearing, she could see someone running to the center of the field. She couldn’t really see his face, but his bright blue hair was easily recognizable.

“Weevil . . . what’s HE doing here?� she thought in annoyance. She then saw some more people run to the clearing. She instantly recognized one as Yugi, because of his big multicolored hair, so she figured that the other people were May, Tea, Tristan, and Joey. They seemed to just stand there for the moment, possibly talking. Suddenly, the ground started to shake. Skye fell over and stared in amazement as a huge dueling platform slowly rose from out of the ground.

“...Wow . . . � was all that she could say in her state of shock.

As soon as it came up, Weevil and Yugi walked to opposite sides of the platform and they rose up to the dueling platform. Skye could instantly tell that this was going to be the first duel on the island, so she decided to watch. The problem was that she didn’t want to be seen, so she could find out the dueling strategies of the winner. So, she ran over to the woods on the right side of the arena and jumped into a bush. She peeked through a hole in the bush, so all that you could see of her were her eyes, glowing in the shadow of the bush. The battle then progressed.

After about fifteen minutes, the battle was still on, but things weren’t looking good for Weevil. He was down to three hundred life points and Yugi had four hundred. He had lost his entire insect army because he didn’t realize that Yugi had laid down a trap card and it destroyed every card he had on the field. Weevil had then played Insect Larvae in attack mode and ended his turn. As Skye watched, she realized something was different about Yugi. He was more confident and seemed to keep cool and calm even when the odds weren’t in his favor. He had a determination in his eyes, a flame if you will, burning brightly. Suddenly, May looked over and saw the eyes in the bush. She walked over, picked up a stick, and proceeded to poke the bush.

“Hello? Who’s in there? Hello?� she asked as she repeatedly poked Skye in the side unknowingly.

Skye twitched every time she was poked. She finally couldn’t take it and she shouted at May.

“Stop it! That hurts!� she yelled at May.

May, finally realizing who it was, squealed in delight.

“Hi Skye! Why are you in a bush?� inquired May.

Skye jumped out of the bush very quickly and started to shake her fist at May.

“May! You just blew my cover! Why I ought ta. . .� was all that she said when she turned around and saw that all eyes were on her.

May back stepped a little bit, realizing that Skye was not in a good mood at the moment. Meanwhile, everyone stared at Skye, especially Weevil. What she did not realize was that Weevil liked her. I mean really, really, liked her, he probably loved her. Ever since he had first laid eyes on her, he couldn’t stop thinking about her. He felt very strange whenever she was around, and right now was no exception. His heart was pounding in his ears and there was a lump in his throat. He felt his face turn red and he was sweating a little. He quickly turned around and looked at his hand. He saw a card that he could use to win the duel, to impress Skye. This card would power up his Insect Larvae. He decided to play it.

“I have to play this card right now. This could be my only chance in a really long time to win her heart.� Thought Weevil as his hand was shaking with anticipation.

“I play. . .The Cocoon of Evolution!� shouted Weevil as he threw down his card. All of a sudden, his Larvae became wrapped in a pink, sticky, cocoon.

At the moment, Skye was already freaking out about the giant caterpillar that was on the field, and when she saw the sticky cocoon, her hair stood on end, her knees were shaking, and she looked like she was gonna faint at any moment.

“T. . .that’s one b. . . . b. . . . big b. . . . bug!� she thought in terror as she stared at it. Her eyes dilated and she felt her face flush with fear.

“In just five turns, my Insect Larvae will emerge from his cell, but when he emerges, he will be the Ultimate Great Moth! I will use it to wipe you out Yugi!� Weevil boasted proudly.

When he looked over at Skye, hoping to see her staring in awe, he got the exact opposite reaction. Weevil did not see a face that was loving, instead, he saw a face enveloped in fear as she was staring at the cocoon. Weevil had not known that Skye was afraid of bugs, and he still didn’t know. He stared at her in confusion, wondering why she was afraid. He decided to concentrate back on the duel.

“Skye? Are you okay?� asked May, wondering what was wrong with her friend.

“I. . .I. . .I. . .Eep!� was all that Skye could say in her state of shock.

“I play Gaia, the Fierce Knight! Attack his cocoon!� shouted Yugi as his horse champion attacked the cocoon.

Unfortunately, the Fierce Knight’s attack strength was lower than that of the Cocoon’s. The attack had bounced right off. Yugi then realized that the forest was what was keeping the cocoon so strong. He then combined Curse of Dragon with the magic card Burning Land and scorched the forest surrounding the cocoon, lowering its attack strength. Weevil yelped in surprise at Yugi’s sudden attack. He realized that Yugi would do anything to win. Gaia then attacked the cocoon and cracked it wide-open Skye relaxed for the moment, thinking the bug was dead. Oh, was she in for it. A huge figure had then emerged from the chrysalis, flapping its giant wings. Weevil was jumping up and down in glee.

“It’s here, it’s here, it’s here, it’s here, it’s here! It may not have made it to Ultimate Great form. . ., but at least it’s stronger than your knight! It’s the Great Moth!� Weevil shouted as the Great Moth flapped its wings and flew up into the sky.

Skye tensed up again. She stared at the huge thing and was shaking so violently, anyone who tried to calm her down would be shaking all day. She wobbled a little bit, probably because she nearly fainted.

“Oh. . .my. . .god!� was all that she could squeak as she gazed at the big, hulking thing on the field.

“I use Polymerization to fuse Gaia and Curse of Dragon, in order to summon. . .Gaia the Dragon Champion!� cried Yugi as the two monsters were joined together. “He is now stronger than your so called Great Moth!�

“Stronger? I’d look again you big-haired freak!� shouted Weevil as he pointed to the Dragon Champion.

Yugi gasped. It was true! Gaia was losing attack points, and fast!

“What did you do Weevil?!� demanded Yugi.

“Every time my Great Moth beats its magnificent wings, it gives off a poisonous pollen that lowers the attack power of any monster on the field!� boasted the wicked insect fanatic.

Weevil laughed wickedly, he knew he was gonna win. He looked over to Skye, hoping that this time she wouldn’t look scared, but he was wrong once again. She was on the ground, her hands on her head, shivering. She looked like she was trying to protect herself from something. He went back to the game, trying to concentrate on it instead of her.

“Omygod, omygod, omygod!� was all that Skye could think of at the moment. She was really spazzing out, and May could tell. She knelt down beside Skye.

“Skye? Are you okay?� asked May. “Do you happen to be afraid of bugs?�

Skye stopped shivering for a second, taking in what May had just said. She sat straight up.

“No! What was your FIRST clue?!� shouted Skye. To her, that was the stupidest question in the world. She then went back to shaking in fear.

May stood back up and watched the duel. A few more minutes had passed and Skye still hadn’t gotten up. Suddenly she heard the most reassuring thing she heard in her life.

“My Magic Mist card powers up my Summoned Skull, and it makes your bug one big lightning rod! Summoned Skull, Lightning Strike!� shouted Yugi as the skeletal giant electrocuted the Great Moth, destroying it and sealing his victory. “I win.�

Weevil stood there stunned. How could he, the Regional champion, lose to what he thought was a novice?! His mouth dropped and he couldn’t move. He wobbled a bit, then fainted.

Skye stood up, still a bit shaky, but happy that she didn’t have to be afraid of the bug anymore. She ran over to Yugi to congratulate him. When she got there, she noticed very noticeable differences. He had gotten slightly taller, had gold highlights, and his eyes were more serious and determined. She looked up at him.

“Hey Yugi...did you like, have a growth spurt or something?� she asked. “And who did your hair? I want highlights like those!�

Yugi looked puzzled for a while. It looked like he had no idea what she was talking about. Skye noticed this.

“...okay...� she said. “I’m just gonna...go somewhere else now.� Skye then ran off into the woods, in the direction of the mountains.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kinky on April 24, 2005, 7:10:38 AM

kinky on
kinkylove ta story keep going.