Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Evil?

Told from the view of Demyx, number Nine of Organization XIII. A story of friendship ripped apart at the seams. A story of lost love, and a little angst. it's also an experiment. ShounenAi warning! Will be updated daily!

Chapter 3 - Evil?

Chapter 3 - Evil?
AUTHOR’S NOTE: Thesaurus(dot)Com is my best friend :D

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Organization XIII

I turned my Xanga into a little journal revolving this story, my thoughts, and other things. You can find it at But please, any comments you have reguarding the story, please post here and not there. Thank you.

PART 3
'Evil?'

Vexen turned away from us. He started mumbling something that was inaudible to me, but I did see Axel roll his eyes.

“Come now, old man” he grinned. “What’s the worst that can happen?”

“I’m not mad about that,” Vexen said, almost turning around. “We grow. The madness that started with six is now at eleven.”

“Madness? What are you talking about.”

“Us, you fool! This group of organized Nobodies that we are here. Eleven members. How many more atrocities is that madman going to generate!?” He stomped his right foot, then turned to face Axel. “I love Xemnas, I really do, but I think we are taking this too far. He has told no one what his true plans are. Why does he need more of us? What is he thinking? We should have stopped after six, no. We should have stopped before this ever happened. We should have never gone against Master Ansem’s wishes!”
---
Vexen was known for his mini tantrums. If going by our true ages, he was the eldest of us all. He was one of the original scientists who created Nobodies. He seemed to me to be the only one who resented the change. This is all what I heard from Xigbar, so some of this may be stretched a bit from the truth.

The original six scientists were led by a man named Xehanort, the man who Xemnas is a Nobody of. They were all assistant scientists under this apparent scientific genius named Ansem the Wise. Xehanort wanted to experiment on people’s hearts, and the darkness, but Ansem the Wise forbid it. Xehanort, and the other assistants began the experiments without the wise Ansem’s knowledge. If Ansem would have known, he would have ended it all, probably arrested Xehanort for conducting illegal experiments, and then none of us would have ever been. We would still have our hearts, and would have lived normal lives.

Zexion told me that one scientist spoke out against Xehanort. He pleaded with him to make him stop, but he wouldn’t listen. He tried to talk to Ansem about it, but he was too late. Xehanort knew he’d go to their superior, and took them both as his hostages. The scientist who spoke out was the first to fall victim to the Heartless that Xehanort generated from the darkness. Zexion didn’t ever tell me who the scientist who spoke out was, but I assumed it was Vexen. We don’t know what happened to Ansem the Wise. Xemnas does not believe he became a Heartless, and he definitely does not have a Nobody. I wish I knew more about these stories people tell me than just the bare facts, but the only way to do that is to talk to Xemnas about it and I have a feeling that he probably wouldn’t welcome my curiosity.
---
We said nothing. Vexen was furious, but we all assumed he’d get over it. He always did.

“You amateurs.” He barked. “You had no idea what you were getting into, but we did! We had the choice. And we condemned ourselves to Hell. Xemnas didn’t give you a choice. He just took you from your lives and made you monsters against your will.”

“Vexen… We like what we’ve become,” I tried to argue. “We are stronger, and faster, and have more power than we could ever dream of. And we owe that thanks to Xemnas. Without him, we would never be.”

“That’s what I’m saying!” He fired back. “Without him, none of us would be. And the worlds would be a better place without us! We are monstrous creatures of nothingness. We shouldn’t exist. Every Nobody that our ludicrous lord creates must break some kind of law somewhere!” He was starting to lose himself. Any moment now, I was half expecting Xemnas to appear and slap some sense into him. I have to say right now that I agree with everything Vexen said, I just didn’t dare say it myself. It’s treason, you could say.

“He should give them a choice…” He spoke softly. “Their true selves would not want this for their bodies. This is madness…” He trailed off, and walked away.

“He gets crazier and crazier by the day,” Xigbar noted. “It’s gonna be a damn shame when he gets locked up for eternity.” He walked to my side. “What’s up kid?”

“I really don’t like what Vexen said,” I deemed. “It bothers me. I mean, after all you’ve told me about everything… ” I looked to Axel who just sighed and looked away. “Xigbar, are we evil?” I was expecting exactly this:

‘“Hah!” Xigbar shouted. “Evil, of course not! Why would you ever think that?”

“Because we kill people for no reason!” I yelled back. “It’s wrong isn’t it?”

“Nope! Perfectly normal.” We had a good laugh, then got over the topic.’

But no, that’s not how it went. For once, Xigbar really stopped and thought about my question. If there’s one thing for him to be serious about, I’m glad it’s this.

“Evil? Hmm… I actually never really thought about it. We do seem to kill a lot of people… But that’s because Xemnas orders us to.”

“From what I’ve gathered from your stories, Xehanort seemed pretty nuts. Do you think Xemnas is the same?”

“Who can be sure? I don’t know if we’re evil or not, but one thing’s for sure.”

“What’s that?”

“We’re freaking amazing at what we do!” Good ol’ Xigbar.Before we could continue, Axel grabbed my arm.

“C’mon, Demyx, let’s go spar… or something.” Being pulled away, I waved to Xigbar, whose smile faded at the sight of Axel. Pulling me down the hall way, Axel seemed mad about something.

“Axel, let go,” I whined. “What’s the matter?”

“Xigbar’s the matter.” He grunted.

“What do you have against Xigbar?”

“What do you have for Xigbar?”

“What?”

“Exactly.”

“Axel.” I pulled back, forcing us to stop. Now I was getting mad.

“I don’t like the way he talks to you.”

“Do I sense a hint of jealousy?” I cocked an eyebrow.

“It’s not a laughing matter, Demyx. I’m quite serious.”

“You’re unbelievable!” I threw my hands up. “This is like a bad Lifetime movie!” Frustrated with it all, I started to walk back. “Xigbar’s my friend. It’s not like I’m going to go run off with him and completely forget about you. I don’t plan to succumb to his wants. Yeah we know, he wants me, but he’s not going to get me, so get over yourself, and chill the frack out.” When Axel didn’t say anything, I knew it was my cue to leave. And I did. And It felt AMAZING. It was my first time really standing up for myself, and I think I did a good job. Axel was way to worried about me ‘leaving him’. Why wasn’t I worried about him ‘leaving me’? Maybe I didn’t think he would. Maybe I thought I could live without him. I never really thought about it, actually, so who really knows?

I came back to see Xigbar yelling up a storm to Xaldin, who I could tell didn’t give a shoot. He looked over to me.

“Well, what the hell was that about?!” Xigbar howled. I shrugged my shoulders. I didn’t want to talk about it.

“Just leave it alone…”

“No, I’m pissed off!!” He stomped over to me. “Who the hell does he think he is? Does he think he controls you?! That’s fracked up!”

“Xigbar please calm-”

“That jerk! Ugh!! I’m gonna go find him and we’re gonna have a little chat.” At this point, it was nearly useless to talk him out of it.

“Xigbar-”

“That bastard .Who does he think he is.”

“Xigbar, I-”

“He doesn’t own you! You make your own desicions!”

“Xigbar-”

“Man, if I wouldn’t get in trouble I’d-”

“XIGBAR!!”

“WHA-AT!?”

“SHUT UP!”Startled, he finally shut his mouth. Now it was my turn. “You’re right. He doesn’t own me, and he knows it. He’s just afraid. He’ll get over it. I already set things straight. Now let’s put all this behind us, and go meet our new member.”
---
Wait a sec. Pause, rewind. “I already set things straight. Now let’s put all this behind us, and go meet our new member.” Oh noes! Could that be me taking charge? You damn right it is. Too bad that didn’t really happen. I can only stand up for myself once a month, sorry guys. Here’s how that really went.
---
“XIGBAR!!”

“WHA-AT!?”

“SHUT UP!” He stared blankly at me. “It’s not worth getting upset over...”

“To hell with that! I’m about to shove one of Xaldin’s lances up his tight @$$!”

“HEY! Leave me out of this!” Xaldin called from the corner.

“Gentlemen, please join us on the roof.” Saïx called. Startled the crap out of me. It was finally time to meet the newest abomination-I-mean-member. We were the last ones to arrive. I always hated going on the roof. For starters, it was because we were in this unnecessarily large castle. It towered over the abandoned city below. Also, it was kind of creepy because there was no sky, just swirling shadows, and dark purple clouds. No sun, no moon. Just nothingness. Kinda creepy. Xemnas stood by the balcony with what appeared to be Umarali’s Nobody. He was tall and elegant, like Xemnas, and his hair was aloof and fluffy. In some light it looked pink, but it was really a reddish-brown. Luxord was even present. He was still sort of training, and honing his battle skills. Our new friend here would probably join him soon.

“Now that everyone has arrived,” Xemnas smirked. “I introduce you all to Number Eleven, Marluxia.” How...Feminine. Matched his hair, I suppose. “Marluxia here controls the element of Flowers.”
---
Pause. Rewind. “Marluxia here controls the element of Flowers.” Flowers. Don’t tell me you’re not laughing. Come on, flowers! Marluxia controls flowers! Him and his pink hair! That just about did it for me. I had to turn around so they didn’t see me laughing. I couldn’t even look at Axel or Xigbar, although I really wanted to, to see their reactions. When I had finally regained my composure, I realized neither one of them was laughing. Were they still pissed off from before?

We did our introductions, like we did for Luxord. Xemnas didn’t have a room for either of them prepared, apparently. I had no idea of this, but Luxord was currently sharing a room with Xaldin. Poor guy. And now they needed Marluxia to room with someone for at least a week. Boy, did I feel bad for the sucker that ended up with a roommate.

“Demyx,” Xemnas called. shoot. “Demyx, would you be so kind as to have Marluxia stay with you for a few days?”

“Uhh, Sure, why not?”

“Splendid!”

Well this was great. I had a jealous ‘boyfriend’, a horny best friend, and now a flaming roommate. This day was getting better and better by the minute! Actually, I guess that’s how I felt at the time, but living with Marluxia for a week wasn’t so bad. He didn’t talk much, and kind of kept to himself. I figured he was shy. I tried to talk to him, but he would just kind of smile and nod, not really listening. He took a great interest in Zexion, though. Zexion, of course, wanted nothing to do with him. The only reason he would stop by was to see me. Me and him were kind of close. We were just buddies. It was a different kind of relationship than with Axel or Xigbar. We were just friends. It came to the point where Zexion didn’t feel comfortable visiting me in my room. So, I had a chat with Marluxia.

“Hey, buddy, can I talk to you for a sec?”

“Sure!” He beamed. He was starting to get over his shyness. Personally, I wished he was still shy.

“Well, I’ve noticed you’ve taken a liking to Zexion.”

“Oh you have? I think he’s just a great guy. You guys are so close! I wish I had a close friend.”

“You’ll make close friends. And the friends you make here, are here forever. We all stick together. Do you think you could do me a favor?”

“Sure, Demie, anything!” Oh, the nicknames. Pretty self explanatory.

“Ehrm... Do you think you could back off of Zex for a while? He’s kind of uncomfortable around you.”

“Do you think he’s afraid of me?”

“I don’t know, I haven’t asked him. Just tone it down a little, ‘kay?” He solemnly nodded. I could sense his sadness.

“Oh, Demie. I forgot to tell you. Xemnas said he feels good leadership skills in me. He wants me to stay with him for a while, so I’ll be moving out tomorrow afternoon.”

“Leadership skills?”

“I don’t know,” he shrugged. Then he winked. “But you’ll be welcome in my room any time.” I half smiled, half groaned.

Then there was a knock at the door. I was thanking the space around me for an interruption. It was Axel.

“Oh, thank you Axel!” I sighed, falling into his arms. “Glad you’re here.”

“Well damn, I see that.” He laughed. He waved to Marluxia.

“Hiya, Axe!” Marluxia beamed. I motioned to the corridor, and we began to walk.

“He’s kind of scary.” Axel remarked. I could only chuckle.

“He means well.”

“Demyx, I had a talk with Xigbar.” The smile fell right off my face and my step halted.

“What?”

“No, don’t worry. We worked everything out. It’s okay. He promised he would leave you alone.”

“Axel, he’s my friend!”

“No, you misunderstand. I mean he’ll stop trying to take you from me. I told him how I felt about you, and he accepts it.” He gave a ‘thumbs-up’. “We’re cool now.”

“Oh good.” I was relieved. “I always kind of hoped the three of us could just hang out and not have any kind of conflict.”

“Actually, we were gonna go out tonight. The three of us. That is, if you want to join. We were gonna go find a bar, and drink the night away.”

“Oh, I’m so game!”He lifted my hand to his mouth, and softly kissed my glove. I blushed, then he took my arm, and led me to Xigbar’s room. He knocked, and said, “You ready?” The door opened in a fury.

“Ready when you are!”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment