Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - You Are Never Coming Home

Told from the view of Demyx, number Nine of Organization XIII. A story of friendship ripped apart at the seams. A story of lost love, and a little angst. it's also an experiment. ShounenAi warning! Will be updated daily!

Chapter 13 - You Are Never Coming Home

Chapter 13 - You Are Never Coming Home
Disclaimer: I do not own Kingdom Hearts.

Author’s Note: Just a few things.. The reason it took me so long to get this out is because I realized that listening to happy/upbeat music doesn’t help to write sad/depressing stories. I’ve been in such a good mood this week that I almost didn’t want to work on this at all.

These last few chapters might be a little confusing to those who don’t know the games all that well. Whenever the Organization meets up with Sora (Roxas’ true self), They call him Roxas. So in these chapters, I’m not talking about Roxas, I’m talking about Sora who they call Roxas. Yeah, kind of confusing, I know. But think of it this way. Roxas has never set foot in Castle Oblivion.

I’m such a sucker for 411 that I just HAD to put some in here. I could never write amazing 411 ficlets like some of my favorite author’s on y-gallery, but I did what I could. (411 is the common term for VexenXMarluxia. (Get it? Vexen 4, Marly 11 ahahah...) Yeah..)

The title is a lyric from the My Chemical Romance song The Ghost Of You. I pretty much had that song on repeat while writing from about page 3 on.

PART 13
“The last thing I see, you are never coming home”

I stared at the notebook for a long time. I stared at the ridges of the dried blood, eyed the glove-print stain on one side, and the splatter on the other. It greatly disturbed me to see this. Something dreadful had happened at Castle Oblivion, and for whatever reason, Axel was the only one who had returned. He tossed the book at my face, then left. So many questions, I had. So many that I wouldn’t dare ask Axel. I paged through the book, seeing every page filled with inked words. Should I read it? How I longed to know what went on. What happened to you, Zexion?

I took the book, and went to my bedroom, locking the door. I wasn’t going to let even Xigbar break me away. I needed to know what happened. I sat at my desk, and opened to the first page.

Entry 1

Day 1

Well, Demyx. I promised you I’d write this all out for you, so here it goes. Might as well start today. We’ve just arrived at Castle Oblivion; the place where ‘to find is to lose, and to lose is to find,’ as Marluxia likes to say. He’s having a grand old time.

Lexaeus, Vexen and I began setting up our laboratory in the first floor of the basement of the castle. There are in fact thirteen floors, and thirteen basement floors. What a coincidence, right? Marluxia, Axel, and Larxene have taken to the top-most floor. That’s where they’re keeping Naminé. Marluxia’s calling a meeting, so I’ll write more later.

Hmm. What an eventful meeting. Marluxia plans to have the castle set up in about a week’s time. He says we all must meet every goal he sets for us so that when we lure Roxas here, everything is in order. The key bearer is really just what seems to be a clone of Roxas. Or maybe it’s the other way around?

So, there’s not much else to write about, my friend. I’ll try to update every few days.

Entry 2

Day 3

Things are not really shaping up around here. Vexen refuses to do anything Marluxia tells him. Axel doesn’t seem to want to either, but he does. Lexaeus and I finished setting up while Vexen and Marluxia argued in his office. They’ve been up there for some time, now. I wonder what’s taking so long.

Speak of the devil! He just walked in and-

Sorry. Vexen walked in all sorts of bruised. When I saw him, I immediately ran to his aid. He won’t tell us what happened, but I had a strong feeling it had something to do with our fearless leader.

“It was nothing,” Vexen had said. “Just a small argument. You know how we fight.” But they had never actually physically fought. Lex and I patched him up. I’ll have to write more later. Lex is calling me.

Vexen just relayed some very interesting information to Lex and I. Apparently, Marluxia and Larxene are planning something. Vexen had heard something about them turning Roxas into a mindless puppet and send him to our home after Naminé rewrites his memory. When he asked why, Marluxia had gotten rather sore about it, and attacked him. He said the bruises were actually from his plants. Marluxia had never touched him. He just sent vines and flowers after him. If Marluxia’s flowers can bruise, I hate to see what Marluxia can do...

Entry 3

Day 6

It’s the day before Roxas is supposed to arrive. Or I should say, Roxas’ Other. It’s just easier to call him Roxas though. Things have been falling apart. Marluxia and Vexen fight every chance they get, Axel is gone most of the time, and Larxene is just a total dog to us all. Lex and I just sit in Basement 1 and drink tea. (Not even joking.) Well, since I have time now, I might as well explain how we’re going to work things here. Our ultimate goal is to have Naiminé replace Roxas’ memories with ones she’s made herself so that eventually, he will become just a mind puppet. Then, we can force him to help us gain our hearts back.

Luxord stopped by yesterday to help us install a certain memory-card-system. I’m not quite sure how it works, but apparently, Luxord made these special cards for us to use. He said that we can turn these cards into a place from a memory. So what we’re going to do is pry deep into Roxas’ memory and recreate the worlds he’s visited. Because he’ll most likely be working up through the floors of the castle, Marluxia wants him to use these cards to gain entry to each floor. Each floor will be a different place from his mind.

I thought that was pretty cool. I’m not sure what purpose it holds, but it shall be fun to toy with our keyblade-wielding friend. Vexen has been gone a long while. I’m going to go look for him.

I have returned my friend to relay some unfortunate news. I’m really not sure how to tell you this without any sort of alarm... I only wish I could tell you in person, but unfortunately, I am not able to.

I had left the notebook, and walked up the stairs from Basement 1. I walked through each floor, up every stair. I finally made it to Floor 13, to Marluxia’s chamber. As I walked toward it, I noticed the door was cracked open. I could hear yelling, and arguments of sorts. Most likely Vexen fighting up a storm. I inched toward the door, not wanting to be detected when I noticed the yells had turned to screams, and shouts.

“You shall be silent!” Marluxia called. I didn’t see what happened next.

“Augh! You’re disgusting!” Vexen shouted. “Get away from me!” Glass shattering.

“This is my castle; I am your master here, number Four, and you shall obey me!”

“I will do no such thing! You may control this castle, but you cannot control one of higher rank such as myself, and the others.” I had finally reached the door when I saw a vine crawling out. Several, in fact. I quickly jumped to the side as the vines grew quickly around, and out the door. I had lost my chance to look in. But I was not discouraged. I pressed my ear to the door to listen further.

“Stop this madness, Marluxia!”

“Oh, Vexen. You’re so desirable when you’re furious!”

“Nng, stop!” Vexen’s cries quickly shot from angry growls to helpless pleads. I could hear the mocked terror in his voice as he shouted for help, yelling at Marluxia to stop. I placed my hand to my mouth, trying hard not to make a sound. I only wished I could see, help, anything! I felt helpless, myself.

The sound of more glass shattering caught me off guard, and I jumped back against the door, causing it to shut on the vines. The greenery snapped, and the door slammed. This caused no disruption, of course. Then I realized the vines were gone, and creaked the door slightly open.

I heard the sounds of tears, and rips, and I saw the result. Vexen, stark naked, constricted by a hellish, fly-trap type monster of a flower. I could see the thorns from the branches digging deeply into his skin, causing him to bruise, and bleed. I wanted so badly to save him, but I couldn’t risk Marluxia capturing me as well. All I could do was wait, and watch.

Marluxia began to unzip his own coat, beckoning the beast to bring poor number Four down. Vexen had stopped struggling, realizing the damage, and accepting where this was headed. Marluxia placed a firm hand on his head, grasping his hair.

“You’re so cold,” he smiled, shaking his head. He brought Vexen’s face to his. “We are like opposites. The deadly winter versus the blooming spring. ”

“I refuse to beg, Marluxia.” Vexen said evenly, staring him right in the eyes. “Let me go. Someone is bound to find us. You will be reported to the Superior, and he will destroy you himself!”

“Oh, I highly doubt that. As you recall, he no longer has trust in you, dear Academic. You are a failure, just like your work. That is why he placed you under me!” Vexen gasped as Marluxia pulled harder on his hair. “Watching you suffer has been the highlight of this endless week of preparations.” He pulled Vexen’s face close, practically biting him into a violent kiss. I watched as Vexen’s hands struggled around the vines, turning them to ice. They started to break, and shatter, and then, his arms were free. He immediately wrapped them around Marluxia’s throat, pushing him away. As Marluxia lost his concentration, the vines released Vexen, causing them to fall onto the floor. The daggers in Vexen’s eyes began to shine as ice formed around Marluxia’s neck, causing breathing to be a problem.

“Ohoho!” Marluxia laughed, gasping for air. “Touche!” It was my time to enter. At least, I thought it was. As I started to open the door more, Marluxia clawed at Vexen’s hands, prying them away. How was he so strong? They tumbled over, Marluxia now sitting over Vexen. He pushed his wrists to the ground beside his head, vines and roots holding them in place.

“How I will enjoy this!” Marluxia beamed, voice like poison. I couldn’t watch any more. I was horrified, and truly afraid. I feared for my friend, but I couldn’t take him on myself. I backed away, and turned to leave when Larxene appeared by the stairs.

“Well, well. Being snoopy, aren’t we, Zexion?” She grinned, malice in her eyes.

“That’s none of your business, number Twelve.” I said back, walking past her.

“At this rate, we might not have a scientist on our hands for very much longer.” And then she was gone. I raced to the basement, and found Lexaeus. I told him what I saw, and we rushed back. Surely we could take on Marluxia together. By the time we had arrived, he was gone. Larxene must’ve informed him. We entered the room and instantly spotted Vexen. He was crumpled in the corner, wrapped in his coat. We hurried to him.

“Vexen, Vexen! Are you all right?”

“...Y-yes,” he whispered. “I’m fine.”

“Let us bring you to your room.”

“What’s the point? It’s over. It was over before it even began.”

“Vexen?”

“Marluxia is absolutely insane.” He shivered. “His views differ greatly from the rest of us. He’s... He’s going to try to kill the Superior. And he’s going to use Roxas to do it.”

“That doesn’t make sense!” I cried. “Why would he want to do that?”

“He wants to take over the Organization. Him and Larxene. And he’ll stop at nothing to attain his goal.”

“We must tell someone about this.”

“No!” He shouted, grabbing my sleeve. “You mustn’t say a word! If he even finds out that I’ve told you, he’ll... get back at me. You mustn’t tell a soul. Neither of you! We’ll deal with it ourselves. ”

“But how?”

“We’ll figure something out. Now please, help me up?” I helped him to stand, but he was having trouble walking. Lexaeus picked him up, and we brought him back to the basement.

Later that day, we had one final meeting. Marluxia basically informed us that he was going out tonight to draw Roxas to the castle. We were to prepare in every way we could. The cards were ready, and somehow, Marluxia forced Naminé to do his bidding. (I can only imagine how.) So he’s out right now. We can’t trust Larxene OR Axel. I don’t know if Axel’s in on their scheme, but I can only hope there’s some sense left in him.

Entry 4

Day 8

So, our friend with the Keyblade has finally embarked on his journey through the castle. Things are going pretty smoothly, aside from avoiding as much as the others as we can. We mostly stay here, in Basement 1.

A really interesting twist of events occurred. It seems our friend has brought others with him. A boy named Riku. A boy with real potential. He would make an amazing asset to the Organization. He lived in darkness for a long time, and he is ever so powerful while using it. Vexen has started a new project. He’s been studying the boy, learning about his abilities, and such. He has a wondrous idea to gain this boy’s power on our side. If Marluxia is going to fight with Roxas, then we’re going to fight with Riku. It is now war between Floor 13, and Basement 1.

Entry 5

I’ve lost track of the days. It’s been a miserable two weeks I don’t understand Marluxia’s actions, nor Axel’s. Who’s the real traitor?

Vexen took affirmative action after his Riku project failed. Yes, it failed. And I’m sorry to say that it was the last experiment for our dear friend. He took Roxas to a place where he wasn’t supposed to and almost revealed everything to him. We were hoping to persuade him to leave the castle, get out of Marluxia’s reach. But Marluxia acted fast and... Let’s just say our Graceful Assassin assassinated Vexen. In fact, he made Axel do it. Demyx, Axel killed Vexen! I was starting to feel like I was going crazy myself.

After that, things went wrong left and right. I sent Lexaeus to try to get Riku on our side, and once again, he refused, and my dear Lexaeus payed dearly for it. Larxene seems to have been annihilated as well. Now, it’s just me against Marluxia and Axel. I have to think of something, but I don’t know what to do. Roxas is basically at the mercy of Marluxia, and if things continue at the rate they are, I’ll be done for next. I need Riku. I need a plan, anything! I only wish I was never chosen to go on this dreaded assignment.

Demyx, I can only hope I’ll escape this place alive. If I don’t I hope you find this book. I want to tell you that I always considered you as my closest, and only friend aside from Lexaeus. And now that he’s gone, you’re all I have left. I’ll return to you. I’ll come back with Marluxia’s head on his scythe. I promise you this. Maybe after I’m dead, they’ll find this book, and give it to you. I’ll keep it with me when I face Riku, and who knows. Maybe you can give me some luck.


I stopped reading. Tears were swelling in my eyes, and I felt as if I couldn’t continue, afraid to find out what happened at that awful place. Unable to completely break away, I turned the page. The handwriting was different, and as I read, I soon realized who wrote this, and accepted what it said.

Wow, Demyx. This kid really wasted a lot of time writing to you. But hey, I don’t blame the guy. It was his last wish for me to finish this for him, since he can’t.

Marluxia was crazy from the start. Remember the time we went to get him, and how Xemmy said he was the wrong guy? Well... I guess now we know why he thought that. He was absolutely insane.

I’m not a traitor. I killed Vexen, yeah, but I only did it to get close to Marly. I wanted to expose his plan against the Organization. That Keyblade boy. I’ll never call him Roxas. He’s not Roxas, just a cheap imitation. His name is Sora, and I need him alive if I’m ever going to see Roxas again. When Marly and Larxene were distracted, I let Naminé go. When flower boy found out, he tried to kill me. Larxene caught her, but then Sora made quick with the attacks, and sent that dog to Hell, where she belongs. After that, Sora went to fight Marluxia, and killed him. That’s when I went searching through the basement floors. I knew Zexion was still around. I was gonna take him home with me, but...

He was trying to get help from Sora’s buddy Riku. Riku denied, and they fought. Sorry to tell ya, but Riku killed Zex. That’s why I’m here instead of him. After Riku left, I tried to help him, but it was hopeless. Zexion pulled this book from his coat, and handed it to me, telling me to ‘finish it’. Then he faded. Sorry, man, but that’s just the way things go.

So now, Naminé is fixing Sora’s memory. Putting it back the way it was. It’s gonna take some time for him to recover, so he’s going into a hibernation-type-thing. Riku, on the other hand left the castle with some guy in red. I don’t know where the hell he came from, but it wouldn’t be a bad idea to keep tabs on him.

So basically, that’s it. Everyone’s dead. Except me. And now, while Sora sleeps, I have time to find Roxas. As long as Sora’s around, Roxas will be around.


And that was it. The last page. Zexion was dead, and it hurt so bad. I couldn’t
hold my tears back. They just flowed from my eyes, and I couldn’t stop. I cried hard, slumping onto my bed. Where was this sadness coming from? I couldn’t feel! Why was this affecting me so much? I shouldn’t feel. I don’t have a heart. But then why, why do I still hurt?

Knocking on my door. Perfect timing. It was, of course, Xigbar.

“Dude, you in there?” He called. “What’s goin’ on? You okay?”

“I’m fine!” I choked, obviously lying.

“You are not. I can hear it in your voice. Open up.” I didn’t want to, but I did. I opened the door, and Xigbar instantly took me in his arms. I sobbed hard into his chest.

“They’re all dead,” I said. “All of them! Nothing was ever all right! Marluxia lied, and wrote fake reports to us! Axel killed Vexen! He killed him like he wasn’t one of us! Just an excuse to get close to Marluxia!” I broke away, and gave the notebook to him.

“You’re notebook...”

“Naminé is fixing what she broke, and it’s going to take a long time to put back 15 years of memories back into his head.”

“Yes, and she’s gone missing. We don’t know where she went off to.”

“I don’t care at this point. Axel...”

“What about Axel?” I knew he was irritated at the mention of his name.

“I just... He’s been blind! He wrote that as long as Sora’s alive, Roxas will be too...”

“Demyx... Didn’t we agree that you were going to forget about Axel?” I sighed, unable to look at his face.

“...I’m sorry Xigbar. I need to do this. If I can kill Sora, then in theory, I’ll be killing Roxas. If we can’t find Roxas, then we’ll just have to find Sora.”

“Demyx...” He sighed,.

“I’m... I’m sorry this didn’t work out. I love you with every false feeling I can muster up, but... I can’t let go, and I’m sorry.”

“...It’s all right, Demyx.” He closed his eye. “I understand.” He turned to leave. “You better prepare yourself. This kid isn’t one to be taken down easily.” And then he left. I was alone once more. Now, I had truly lost everything. Axel, Zexion, and now, Xigbar.

And I blamed it all on Roxas.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment