Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Flying in on a roaring flame!

Chapter 2 - Flying in on a roaring flame!

Chapter 2 - Flying in on a roaring flame!
Those three days were absolute torture for Shoutmon because not only had the calls come more frequently, but they haunted his every waking activity! He couldn’t eat, sleep, sign bills or preform any of his kingly tasks without dozing off and having Taiki’s gradually fading voice pierce every fiber of his sanity! He didn’t know how much more of this he could take!! Wisemon had better hurry with that machine or else he was going to drive himself completely crazy! He had to put his second in command, Balistamon, in charge in his stead. 

“Hang on Taiki... just hang on a little longer… please!”

 He begged knowing full well the boy couldn’t hear him. He tossed and turned through the many sleepless nights completely engulfed by the fear of what was yet to come! Shoutmon lay in bed just shaking, trying hard to concentrate on something, or anything else to no avail! What worried him most was, on the third night, the calls stopped all together! By this time, they were already so weak and scratchy, he could even tell Taiki was starting to lose hope Shoutmon could even hear him! Shoutmon’s wild and surprisingly vivid imagination took over shortly after the last call, he was sure he had finally lost it! 

‘Had he been ripped to shreds? Humans come back with the code crown, right? Don’t they have that too? What if they don’t?!?! … I would have failed to save my best friend.’

Even the mighty Shoutmon, king of the digital world had begun to grow weak and weary due to the constant block of stress that grew larger and heavier by the hour! Though, his desire to transverse the gap to the human world began to fade upon imagining what awaited him on the other side. 

’Would his room be covered in blood and organs?? They’re organic… full of gross blood and guts and stuff… Digimon bleed and basic bone structures, but we don’t have much in the way of human organs and stuff…” 

Shoutmon cringed slightly upon imagining what human organs looked like. He remembered exactly what human blood looked like! The memory was as clear as day as he remembered seeing Taiki take on the young Yuu in a sword fight and getting himself a massive slash in the arm! Shoutmon suddenly felt incredibly sick, he quickly threw back the sheets and charged towards the nearest bathroom only to unleash the day’s rations of DigiNoir into the toilet, quickly flushing it down. He then collapsed upon the ice cold, stone floor in a seated, crossed legged position. 

‘Humans only have one life right? That’s why they’re so afraid of getting hit by a single Digimon attack! Even something as small as a simple punch could mean the permanent end to them! Just like the very first day I met the three of them… Omnimon, quite forcibly, brought them to the digital world after Taiki had promised he’d rescue me. I ended up punching a rock thinking they were going home… but now, I’m glad the only thing that ended up getting smashed was the rock…  Their data doesn’t come back after they’ve been…’ 

Shoutmon shook his head violently, forcibly gulping back that large lump of fear, trying hard to come up with a new topic again, without much luck. 

’They’re gone… forever!’

He sighed upon remembering how Taiki kept telling him this over and over and over again, trying to explain just how big of a risk he was actually taking to aid the red, dragon type Digimon. He slowly made his way back to bed, using his mic as a crutch while hoisting himself onto it and settling back into the sheets once more. Shoutmon rolled onto his back letting himself get tangled within the silken sheets of his massive canopy bed, a small groan of pure misery escaped his parted jagged jaw. Just when he thought his nerves couldn’t take any more, the heavy wooden door flew open slamming against the opposite wall with a thunderous “BOOM” causing the entire room to shake! “WAHH!” Shoutmon shrieked jumping about three feet from his bed letting out a startled yelp when Wisemon entered the room. He quickly threw the sheets off, glaring angrily at the brown robed Digimon! A terrifying roar ripped from his throat as he then shouted!

“HEY, WHAT’D YA DO THAT FOR?” 

It took a second for Shoutmon to realize who it was standing at the door before bolting over to him completely leaving the yellow scarf on his bedside dresser. Wisemon then held up his hands hoping to stop the Digimon from completely crashing into him only to have Shoutmon again grab the top of his robe with a fierce snarl. 

“WHERE IS IT!?!??” 

Wisemon then slapped the angry red Digimon away only to brush himself off and gesture towards the door. His voice was glazed over with a calm malice. “This way SIR… It resides in the courtyard.” Wisemon then turned to calmly lead the way hoping his calm would rub off on the fiery Digimon in his wake but unfortunately, that was not the case as Shoutmon pushed past him and zoomed towards courtyard as if carried by the wind. Eventually, both Shoutmon and Wisemon were in front of the massive teleportation machine in the courtyard. The machine was what you’d normally expect any teleportation machine to look like, it had one very tall antenna with a large electric orb on top sparking to life upon flipping a switch next to the main floating keyboard panel to the right. To the left was a small metallic transfer capsule. It needed so much digital energy that it slightly warped the sky above to form an incredibly tiny swirling funnel similar to the zone transferring ones. How Shoutmon didn’t see this light show from outside of his window as they were working on it was a mystery to both! “So I just go in here, right?” Shoutmon asked curiously walking around the machine giving the it a once-over. Wisemon sighed and nodded while pressing a button on the console letting the capsule open with a loud hissing noise! Shoutmon quickly hopped inside as the glass door shut tightly locking him in with a hearty clack! Wisemon rapidly typed several different codes into the keyboard before punching a giant green button with enough force to slightly crack it. 

“Oh, one more thing, my king… I only have enough memory to make four trips, hopefully, that won’t be needed… It only needs to take you there and bring you back. NOTHING more… Do not overuse it or you may be stuck drifting between spaces for eternity… Oh, and good luck!~” 

The last part was a bit too flowery and sweet for Shoutmon’s taste but he begrudgingly nodded. Gritting his razor sharp teeth, he mentally prepared himself for what he was about to see. He folded his arms and took a deep breath before being completely submerged in a deliciously warm light! His body rapidly melted into an energy-light based code then sucked through the tiny, straw sized funnel. The next thing he knew, he was being materialized within the fusion loader’s inner white void, but this time it seemed more vast without everyone taking up space within it. He gulped knowing exactly what he had to do next and slowly walked towards the giant screen, completely shaking with both fear and worry.

Thirty minutes went by, still nothing from the fusion loader, then forty! The tears that had once flooded down his cheeks had since dried up. He then threw the fusion loader as hard as he could against the adjacent wall with a loud metallic “Bang”! He didn’t know if Shoutmon could even use the fusion loader again or if he could even hear him at all… He knew for a fact that Shoutmon would never turn his back on him nor would he turn his back on anyone for that matter! They had been through so much together, there was absolutely no way he would ever ignore him… right? Those final thoughts haunted the boy before he collapsed in the corner of the room in a strange, unnatural position letting the sheer exhaustion from the many sleepless nights finally take him.
—————————————————————————————

Suddenly, a bright light filled Taiki’s room as the Xros loader’s screen sparked to life. “HEY TAIKI!! RELOAD ME ALREADY WOULD YA?” The familiar scratchy tone of his once overly energetic friend filled the room. Taiki’s eyes burst open upon recognizing who it was. “Shoutmon!” Taiki’s voice was nothing more than a grating whisper. With a gasp, he leapt to his feet snatching the fusion loader at the other end of the room. Shoutmon smiled slightly letting out a small barely audible sigh in relief as Taiki shouted as loud as his voice would let him “Reload, Shoutmon!” Shoutmon chuckled feeling the familiar pull of the Xros loader quickly eject him into reality. Shoutmon’s expression faded upon seeing Taiki’s deplorable state. “It’s good to see you again, Shoutmon!” Taiki strained with a half smile! His expression quickly faded upon remembering why he’d summoned Shoutmon all the way to the human world. He quickly slid the loader into his back pocket and took a deep, shaky breath as Shoutmon mentally braced himself.

“It’s… Akari… I-I just thought you’d want to say goodbye…” His voice tapering off  at the end.  Shoutmon let out a frustrated growl, stomped over to the spiky brown headed boy and looked him straight in the eyes. “SO… You called me ALL THE WAY from the digital world, HAD ME WORRIED SICK FOR DAYS, only to send me back??” Taiki jumped back surprised at his friend’s actions throwing up his arms in front of himself expecting to get punched. “N-No! Shoutmon, it isn’t like that at all! Aka-“ Shoutmon’s nostrils flared, letting off streams of small smokey trails. “No, YOU listen to ME… Do you have ANY idea how important my job is back in the digital world or have you completely gone insane?!? I THOUGHT YOU’D BEEN MAULED BY A ROGUE DIGIMON OR SOMETHING AND ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS SEND ME BACK???” Shoutmon’s grating voice now shook the room with each thunderous bellow forbidding taiki from getting a word in. 

‘Damn! If he’s going to be like this, I won’t get my point across… Well, I guess showing him is easier than telling him at this point…’

“GAH!” Taiki huffed through grated whispers. He threw his hands in the air and opened his mouth as if to make a strong rebuttal but instead dashed out of the house snagging his bike on the way. Shoutmon blinked out of confusion, it definitely wasn’t like Taiki to run. The ruby dragon Digimon snarled and literally rocketed after him quickly gaining ground up until the boy reached his bike! “GET BACK HERE OR I’LL GRILL YOU ALIVE!!” Taiki peddled as fast as he could to avoid Shoutmon to no avail. Shoutmon then jumped, flipping over the bike and landing with a harsh thud right in front of him. “WHOA!” Taiki whispered loudly as he swerved to avoid hitting him only to have Shoutmon catch the back tire! Taiki lurched forwards painfully colliding with the handle bars with a semi-loud “GAK”! Shoutmon’s eyes widened as he let out a sharp gasp upon realization. He released the bike in an instant letting it clatter noisily to the ground and grasped the back of Taiki’s shirt before he had a painful encounter with the cement below!

Shoutmon let out a small sigh upon setting Taiki upon the ground only to have him double over in pain. “Taiki! Are you ok?” The anger within him quickly shifted to concern as Taiki gave him a shaky thumbs up. He took a minute to recover before noticing the attention his ruby lizard friend was drawing. “Uh…” He panicked, rapidly digging through his mind trying to think of a solution that would either draw attention away or fix the situation somehow… ‘I’ve got it!’ He thought, quickly flicking his goggles and withdrew the Xros loader he’d earlier stashed in his pocket. He then turned to Shoutmon and pointed at it hoping he’d get the message and with a heavy sigh, Shoutmon vanished into it. Taiki then turned to the staring neighbors wearing a feigned smile. 

“Thank you, thank you! I hope you’ve all enjoyed my little magic act! I’m training to be an amateur magician, heh… What you saw was no more than a mere illusion created by this holographic device!” A small bead of sweat began to slowly trickle down his brow as he showed off the loader silently hoping they’d believe it. A second later, thunderous applause filled the air as Taiki picked up his bike and remounted it. When they were far enough away, Shoutmon chuckled and said, “Nice save, Taiki… now, are you really going to tell me why you summoned me to the human world instead of just running away?” Taiki gritted his teeth as if he were holding back yet another wave of sadness. Even Shoutmon could sense the stress from deep within the loader. He decided to press his luck anyways, 

“You said it had something to do with Akari? Is she ok? Is… she hurt?” He asked, his voice taking on a serious tone as it echoed out of the loader. Taiki only gritted his teeth and tightened his grip on the loader, his voice less than a raspy whisper. “You need to prepare yourself for what you’re about to see…” With a heavy sigh, Shoutmon sat back against a far wall of the void as memories of her filled his mind. Memories of the sweet zone where he and Balistamon had accidentally eaten all of the bananas leaving nothing but the peels and a furious Akari! The time she’d been tricked by Laylamon’s mirror reminding him of just how much she really did mean to his mission! The time when she and Zenjirou had to wear those ridiculous outfits and preform some love dance in the forest zone! 

He closed his eyes as a smile played across his jagged jaw. He was suddenly ripped from his memories as Taiki’s voice once again filled the loader along with the outside chatter of the hospital patients waiting to be seen. Among them was the sleeping Zenjirou, snoring away peacefully! “Which way is Akari Hinomoto’s room?” There was a slight pause before an older woman with a very soothing mother-like tone answered. “Ah yes, she’s in room 12B! Just make your way down the hall to the left, go up the stairs, and turn to your right. It should be right there!” Taiki nodded taking a deep breath before continuing forwards. Inside the loader, Shoutmon gritted his teeth as he slightly began to shake once more, mentally and physically preparing himself for what he was about to see. 

His mind was engulfed in horrifically gruesome images surrounding Akari, this also made him angry on a low key scale as Shoutmon valued friendship over all. Suddenly, a bright blinding light engulfed the area within the loader temporarily blinding Shoutmon. He jumped up and away from the light snarling fiercely only to have the light dissipate into the void. “What the…” Shoutmon blinked slightly confused as to what he had just witnessed. Usually a brilliant light carried the soul of a fallen comrade to heal in the loader’s warmth but it was just him this time… right? Without hesitation, he summoned his mic out of thin air and shouted. “HEY YOU, COME OUT WHERE I CAN SEE YOU!” Shoutmon’s jagged lips peeled away from his bright white daggers as a low, defensive growl rolled from the back of his throat. He was ready to pounce on whatever appeared until a loud, shrill tone filled the air as if an old computer was dialing up the internet. “GAHH!” Shoutmon roared clasping the headphones on the sides of his head as the tone grew louder and louder until it suddenly stopped!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment