Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Misunderstanding

Chapter 3 - Misunderstanding

Chapter 3 - Misunderstanding
There was a long pause before an incredibly loud static filled voice belted through the air. You’d think for someone so used to shouting, it’d be easy for him to handle loud noises! Apparently, that wasn’t the case for this shouting, red dragon! “What the hell?” Shoutmon took another step back staring at the burning bright light that now took over a section of the floor. Eventually, the voice became softer and easier to understand. Wisemon’s voice then grew louder as it rang through the loader testing the communications between worlds. “Testing, testing… Ah, I think we’ve found the loader’s frequency! My king, can you hear me?” Shoutmon sighed removing his hands from his headphones upon recognizing the voice of his wisest friend. “Yeah, I can hear you. What do you want?” There was a slight pause before Wisemon let out a long sigh. “I was just testing the two way communication. If you need anything, I’ll be here. Contact me by doing what you do best, shouting!” There was a soft click as the light vanished. “Hmph.” Shoutmon huffed again seating himself against the wall. He really was grateful for all of Wisemon’s help so far even if he didn’t show it. What kind of king reacted this way? He let out a long, defeated sigh letting his shoulders fall as he slumped against the wall. 

~Meanwhile~

Taiki’s feet felt like cinderblocks as he neared the room. It was as if the ground itself was trying to stop him from entering. He gulped down the lump in his throat, holding out a shaky hand towards the brass knob only to pause and take a deep breath. “Taiki?” Shoutmon’s gruff, worried voice echoed statically through the loader snapping him almost instantly out of his sudden stupor. Taiki closed his eyes taking a deep, shaky breath before thrusting the door open and entering the small dimly lit hospital room letting the last bits of sunshine seep through as the day faded into night. It had a single vertical rectangular window with a long, Burgundy, heavy curtain tied open on the far left as it was a corner room. A small tv flickered on mute, appearing to be a bad cooking show. Her bed lie to the far right with a few chairs and a lounge sofa scattered around the room. Taiki quickly shut the door, untied and pulled the curtain over the window making sure no one could see the reload. With a shaky hand, he held up the loader and shouted the iconic words. “RELOAD, SHOUTMON!” A familiar bright flash filled the room as the red Digimon materialized in front of the bed. The smell of decay and death that invisibly permeated the room hit him almost instantly making him gag slightly. Shoutmon’s eyes widened, filling with dread as he gazed over her deteriorated form. She was nothing more than skin and bones, fresh blood caked under her nose and eyes. Her eyes fluttered open upon the sudden bright light filling the room. Shoutmon stood there, frozen stiff for what seemed like 20 minutes solid, mouth agape at what lie before him refusing to believe that this living corpse was the remainder of one of his friends, his comrades! One of the humans that had helped him live his dream even if she didn’t do much.

She smiled faintly attempting to sit up but only getting about half way before falling back to the pillow. The multitude of IV’s clacked together noisily from the movements. On instinct, Shoutmon rushed to catch her before she hit the bed again but he was too late. “S-sorry, this is a-a-all I c-can do today…” She said quietly through strained breaths panting heavily. She then turned to Shoutmon as a faint smile attempted it’s way across her lips. “I’m so glad I-I-I got to s… see you again!” She rasped quietly as the tears in Shoutmon’s eyes, ‘formed from the odor’, took over beginning to pour down his face. “Y-you’re definitely b-bigger than last time!” Shoutmon’s lips instantly peeled away from his blade-like teeth as he raised both arms and furiously slammed them hard onto the bed rail which completely smashed through the rail and rattled the bed a bit! He squeezed his eyes shut refusing to believe any of it, it was just too much! “DAMN IT ALL!” A quiet sigh sounded behind him as Taiki lay his hand on Shoutmon’s shoulder giving it a light supportive squeeze Just as Zenjirou had before. Shoutmon then roughly pried Taiki’s hand off of his shoulder and wheeled around quickly with a fierce growl. “I need to talk to you in private.” He said in a fiercely flat tone while storming off to the nearby bathroom and propping himself up on the sink. With a heavy sigh, Taiki obliged holding up a single finger to Akari. “Just give us a minute please, it shouldn’t take long.” Akari gave a confused nod as she watched Taiki slowly dragging himself in after Shoutmon and quietly shut the door. 

He turned around only to be face to face with a snarling Shoutmon! “W-Whoa! H-Hey, what’s the big idea?!” Taiki asked reeling back from the sudden shock! Taiki could literally see flames in his icy blue irises. Shoutmon then took a deep breath letting his lips fall back into place. “T-that’s not Akari… Tell me that’s not her! Tell me this is all some practical joke!” Shoutmon pleaded desperately with his friend! “Tell me she’s fine and we’ll see her tomorrow or whatever!!” Taiki’s expression fell even further than the lifelessness it already had as his eyes, once filled with light and warmth no longer held that spark. They were now just empty grey orbs that no longer held meaning. Shoutmon snarled again, this time it was deep and guttural, anger seeping out of every pore! No, Shoutmon knew it was her even if he didn’t want to admit it. Taiki’s own deplorable state was evident of that. His hair was unbrushed and matted on one side, his teeth went unbrushed, his food and sleep schedules appeared to be all askew! Shoutmon couldn’t handle any more of this! He rubbed his eyes and massaged the bridge of his snout just sitting in silence for a while before hopping off of the sink and opening the door leaving Taiki to sit on the hamper in his corner of the bathroom as he rubbed his own tired eyes. His elbows rested firmly on his knees.

Shoutmon let out a rough, shaky sigh and with the back of his hand, he wiped his nose sniffing heavily. Akari’s smile faded upon seeing one of the strongest Digimon she’d ever known shed tears. “I-I’m so… sorry… S-Shoutmon…” Icy hot tears mixed with blood began to flood down her own bony cheeks. “I-I’m not st-strong like y-you Digimon…” Shoutmon reached a hand forwards holding the side of her face while wiping away a few tears with a black, rubber finger. “No… you’re one of the strongest humans I’ve… uh-wait… what did you say?” Shoutmon’s head instantly jolted up as an idea began to form. He then turned back to Taiki with a cocky smile and said. “Hold that thought, I have an idea!” Shoutmon then flashed into energy disappearing into the loader. “WISEMON!! WISEMOOON ARE YOU HERE?” The familiar dial-up sound belted through the loader yet again and Wisemon’s voice came rattling through! “Y-yes Shoutmon, it’s me! What do you need?” Shoutmon wiped his eyes quickly letting his confidence in his new idea take hold! 

Wisemon blinked curiously focusing upon the screen in front of him. “GET READY FOR THE BEST IDEA EVER BECAUSE WE’RE GONNA NEED IT!” He shouted, his voice boomed full of confidence through the loader! “Let’s turn Akari into a Digimon! Digimon are physically stronger than humans so maybe we can extend her life as well! Akari is on her death bed, and from the looks of it, she doesn’t have long. Is something like that even possible?” Wisemon paused for a moment placing a long, thin hand upon his hidden chin and scratched it. “What happened to Miss Akari?” He asked curiously but Shoutmon shook his head quickly. “So, is it?” Wisemon let out a careful sigh, staring through the screen at the eager red lizard while placing his hands in a pyramid shape upon the interface. He then moved to type in a few things, though the impatient red dragon, frustration ringing clearly through his voice, again asked, “WELL??”  Wisemon sighed. “Something like this is incredibly risky, if a human heart and soul could even attach to and hold on to a digitized vessel it’d be a miracle… She could even die in the process or most of who she was could vanish into thin air making her personality or memories completely different! Though there could be a certain code she does cling to… I’d have to study her face to face in order to find it though as well as do some modifications to the transfer machine to allow such things to take place… We’d also need a heavy supply of DNA from other Digimon, spit wads, lose scales, hairs anything that could contain their information minus the personality that goes along with it. Though a Digimon with a human heart and soul would be incredibly powerful and a colossal handful… She may or may not learn any magic at all or have any special changes whatsoever. It is possible that digivolution, for her, wouldn’t happen at all! You need to prepare for the worst, my king, In any case y-” 

Shoutmon just stood there as Wisemon droned on about the consequences, none of it seeming to sink in. “Uh…” He interrupted. With a defeated sigh, the wise Digimon simply stated. “There are a lot of risks involved unless I can properly study her and see what code or codes her soul absorbs. You’ll have to collect samples from each Digimon you meet. Hair, skin, scale, fin, whatever! Just do it quickly! I’ll pull you back to the digital world when you’re ready! We’re going to try our best to save Miss Akari!” Shoutmon smiled holding up a thumbs up, “You’re the best, Wisemon!” and vanished again appearing back in the human world as Taiki was dozing off on the fainting sofa. He turned to the skeletal remains of Akari and grabbed one of her boney hands. Akari jumped slightly but fell back against the pillow recognizing Shoutmon’s warm rubber fingers gently holding the captive hand. He then knelt down and whispered, “Akari, I have a plan and we’re gonna save you no matter what! I just need to do something really quick! Tell Taiki for me please! Do you think you can hold on a bit longer?” Akari blinked slowly giving Shoutmon a very confused look but nodded and let her eyes close again. Shoutmon then licked the back of her hand gingerly before placing it next to her. “You have my shouting promise!” 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment