Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Quest for the Digital DNA!

Chapter 5 - Quest for the Digital DNA!

Chapter 5 - Quest for the Digital DNA!
Gumdramon tore through the halls diving past and maneuvering around the Prairiemon servants with the occasional “SORRY!” Shoutmon was quick on his heels, swiftly jumping over the Prairiemon servants in a single leap yet failing to stop the bolting purple dragon! “YOU’LL PAY FOR THAT GUMDRAMON!!” Shoutmon bellowed letting it reverberate off of the walls in the hallway. “YOU MESS WITH ANY OF THE OTHER DELEGATES AGAIN AND YOU’LL BE THE ONE ANSWERING FOR HIGH TREASON IN MY PLACE!!!” Gumdramon slammed his claws over his ears as hard as he could crying from the pain of the sudden blast! “GYAHHH!! I’M SORRY OK?! PLEASE DON’T KILL ME!!!” The Prairiemon, having been through the same about every week or so, merely jumped or stepped to the side knowingly. A few of them dashed after the chaotic duo with mops and brooms at the ready expecting the destruction that would fall in their wake. Gumdramon quickly glanced back to see how far back Shoutmon was only to smash head first into a door at the end of the hall with a loud “OOF!” Shoutmon smiled dangerously and pounced on him before he had time to get away again pinning him by the arms. “NO!! PLEASE!! DON’T KILL ME!! PLEEEASE JUST LET ME GOOOOO! I’LL NEVER DO IT AGAINNN!” He sobbed loudly. Shoutmon growled angrily at the young Gumdramon picking off a few loose scales “YOU’D BETTER NOT OR ELSE THE CONSEQUENCES FOR NEXT TIME WILL BE SO MUCH WORSE!” Gumdramon closed his eyes as the blast of wind coming from the shouting Digimon’s mouth blew back his spikes. 

Gumdramon frantically shook his head and shouted “I WON’T! I WON’T! I SWEAR!!” Shoutmon smiled and let him up only to have Gumdramon bolt as soon as he was free. He glanced down at the  tiny scales in his hands as a heavy sigh rushed out. ‘If only you knew what this was for… maybe you’d be more on board with helping. But even still… would you fully understand the seriousness of the situation?’ A serious expression washed over Shoutmon’s face as he closed his hand over the three hairs and the newly acquired purple scales. He turned to leave the way he came in to avoid any more Gumdramon surprises. Once outside of the castle, Shoutmon quickly made his way to the east knowing there was a small sea-side village of Digimon a few miles away. He silently wondered if he’d make it there and back in time for the transfer before Akari… He shook his head, ridding himself of the horrible thought! ‘Of course I have time, right? If I didn’t, Taiki could just scream into the loader again! But what if he couldn’t catch her before… ‘GAH! I SERIOUSLY NEED TO HURRY!’ This town is only three miles away, come on legs, don’t fail me now! Omnimon give me strength!’ With that, Shoutmon picked up speed, running as fast as he could, hoping he’d at least catch a few Digimon along the way. It wasn’t long before he found himself hunched over, with his one hand resting firmly upon his knee completely out of breath! Luckily, the gates were within shouting distance. Once he had regained his energy, he quickly summoned his mic and shouted at the top of his lungs, 

“HEY, THIS IS YOUR KING, I NEED uh…” He paused for a moment wondering if telling them the truth would be the best idea. What if they’re against the idea? They could simply outright refuse! He didn’t have time for refusals. He gritted his teeth and continued as a sweat drop began to form under his V. “I NEED HAIR, CLAW AND SCALE SAMPLES FROM EACH OF YOU! IT’S FOR uh… WISEMON’S STUDIES!” There, plain and simple! At least it wasn’t a lie and a little more believable than the actual truth! Multiple Digimon peeked out of their huts then dove out of their doors upon realizing who it was and bolted towards the gate, tripping over each other to open it for their unexpected royal guest. “KING, KING! OH WOW, IT’S THE KING!” The rookies, all mixed with Gomamon, Gabumon, Otamamon, Crabmon, and Gizamon shouted in excitement nearly climbing over each other to get a peek for themselves forming a massive circle around him! An older Leomon then walked forwards out of his cabin in the center of town and attempted to calm down the crowd. “One at a time, please, don’t crowd the king! And where are your respective bows? We’re in the presence of royalty!” He then turned towards Shoutmon and bowed as the crowd parted for their Noble leader bowing respectively. Shoutmon smiled and said, “At ease Leomon, children, you may rise!” The Leomon then stood with a patient smile as the children did the same, excitement and wonder filling their already wide eyes! “My King, what a surprising visit! Of course we’ll help further Wisemon’s studies!! Give each of us a minute!” Shoutmon smiled happily noting the happiness he’d brought to the small villager’s faces! “One more thing, Leomon…” Shoutmon said in a terrifyingly grim tone. “DON’T include SEADRAMON DNA…” He said, spitting venom in each syllable. His eyes flashing their terrifying icy blue glare. Leomon froze, then nodded, his expression hardened into a more serious and stony one. “U-understood, my King. I don’t think we have anyone from that line in our village.” Every Digimon knew of the king’s hatred for the species, yet nobody was brave enough to ask why.

Shoutmon let out a small sigh letting his features relax to their normal state. “Thank you… Leomon.” The old Leomon nodded swiftly then changed the conversation. “Would you mind staying and reading to the children? I’m sure they’d love it!” He said with a sincere smile! Shoutmon gave another sigh and with a sad smile he shook his head. “No, I’d love to but I’m afraid I’m a bit short on time. If I could get the DNA quickly, it’d be helpful!” The Leomon nodded happily as he then returned to his hut retrieving a small burlap sack and walked back over to the crowd of youngsters. “Okay kids, I need you all to put hair, claw tips and any loose scales you may have in this bag for the king! This will help Wisemon get smarter! Can you do that for me?” He asked with a slight chuckle. “YES! ME FIRST! NO, ME FIRST! NAH UH! YOU WENT FIRST ON THE POLO GAME! DID NOT! DID TOO!” Leomon’s smile faded as he then roared loudly over the crowd. “CHILDREN, TWO AT A TIME MAY COME TO THE BAG TO GIVE THEIR OFFERINGS!” The crowd instantly fell silent as they nodded happily and lined up. Shoutmon nervously glanced at the shadows on the ground noting the time slowly slipping away from him. ‘Gah, I told Sanzomon I’d be a few days to let Wisemon rest but what if I don’t have that long… Wisemon needs his rest but what about Akari?! Even I couldn’t sleep when I heard Taiki’s call…’ Multiple sweat drops formed under the V that vanished the instant he heard Leomon’s roar. Shoutmon smiled upon seeing the fatherly lion handle the uproar with such care! ‘He really does have a way with those kids… I wonder what he could do with someone like Gumdramon…’ His smile then turned mischievous as an image of a Leomon-tamed Gumdramon walked around in a waiter outfit serving everyone tea and biscuits at beck and call! It’d be the perfect payback! He sighed sadly knowing he’d never do such a thing to this kind Leomon. Someone like Gumdramon would probably beat everyone up and have burned down the town in a day. 

~Meanwhile~ 

Wisemon bolted upright on the grass as if he’d seen death himself! “Oh no! How long was I out?!” Wisemon cried, quickly jumping to his feet! “AAH!” Sanzomon jumped at Wisemon’s sudden calamity! “U-um you were out for a mere twenty minutes, Wisemon.” She said trying to recompose herself as best she could. “No no no no no!!” Wisemon muttered as he walked in circles with his hands on his head. “Shoutmon said she didn’t have long! Even if it’s only been two seconds in the human world we could still be too late!!” He then rushed back to his machine whipping out his tool kit from his book’s pocket dimension and hastily pulling apart certain areas then rapidly rewiring them. Sanzomon watched in utter bemusement constantly trying to figure out what exactly this human girl did to get everyone in such a fuss. Even the king seemed worried and he still said she did almost nothing to deserve such a fuss! Was she really from the war as they’d said before? Wisemon’s continual muttering to himself was as off-putting as the tangled web of concern and curiosity that continually wove itself within Sanzomon’s mind! She couldn’t take it anymore! She stomped on the ground getting Wisemon’s attention almost instantly snapping him out of his constant muttering. “Is there something wrong, Sanzomon?” Wisemon said looking back at the monk Digimon. Sanzomon sighed quietly and said. “Forgive my outburst, Wisemon, but why is this human so important? Why work your data to it’s breaking point for such an unimportant piece of the puzzle? I don’t remember any stories of a female within the group other than Nene…” Wisemon’s eyes smiled at Sanzomon as he went back rapidly working on the machine. “What?” She said, letting off an unintended whine. She quickly clasped her hands over her mouth. “Forgive me, Wisemon…” She said quietly bowing in an apologetic way. 

“If I may be so bold, Sanzomon,” Wisemon asked in a sort of giddy tone. “Do you have a crush on the king and are you jealous of his attention straying to Miss Akari?” Sanzomon blinked taking in what Wisemon said and took a single step back. “Oh no! No no no! I-It’s just that… I worry for his and your health… is all!” Sanzomon said, her voice quickly dipping into a more concerned tone. “Ah.” Wisemon said, his tone falling flat upon being wrong for even he didn’t know everything when it came to the matters of the heart. “Well, you know our king, he must try to save everyone and Akari is a dear friend of my own as well. I’d hate to lose such a sweet little girl!” He then fitted the plate back over the machine and quickly returned to the control panel flipping two new switches that opened a much larger portal. “HAHA, IT WORKED!!” Wisemon shouted in triumph as he happily threw his hands into the air! He then pulled out a microphone from a secret hidden panel and quickly turned it on. “Taiki? Can you hear me?”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment