Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Little town of rookies

Chapter 6 - Little town of rookies

Chapter 6 - Little town of rookies
“Uuuuaaahhh!” Taiki yawned as the loader belted the familiar tone of Wisemon’s voice. “Yeah, Wisemon, I can hear you. Is there something you need?” He asked sleepily rubbing his eyes. The loader then blared with static as a bright white flash suddenly filled the area. “WHOA!” Taiki shouted shielding his eyes from the sudden light. ‘A little warning next time!’ He thought, blinking slightly to readjust his eyes to the light. When it dulled again, he gave a confused blink and questioned Wisemon.  “What the heck was that??” Static again filled the loader as Wisemon said, “Shoutmon has an idea on how to save miss Akari, I need you to point the loader in a large empty area so my machine can fit. Please give the signal when you’ve done so!” Taiki gasped, his eyes widened as he slowly absorbed what Wisemon said. “WHAT, YOU CAN SAVE AKARI??!?” He shouted excitedly!! “HOW??” He pulled the loader close to his face as if trying to peer into the empty void that lie within. “Oh, it’s quite a complex system! We plan on altering her DNA so that it becomes binary coding to easily translate to a digital vessel! We are hoping with a stronger vessel, her life could be prolonged but there are a lot of risks involved, as you know, she doesn’t have a loader code so translating it won’t be as easy as the many times you’ve had to leave your body… I’m sending myself along with my machine to try and find a suitable way to study her and gather as much information as I can!” A huge grin stretched across Taiki’s face so wide, it made his cheeks hurt! “HA, I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! AKARI! YOU’RE GONNA… oh…” He glanced over at her only to find her turned slightly away from him unmoving. Taiki froze until the familiar steady beeping of the heart rate monitor broke through his worry, allowing him to relax slightly. He let out a quick sigh shaking his head at his own senseless worry. “Whenever you’re ready, Taiki.” Wisemon said calmly but with enough strength to hopefully snap Taiki out of his sudden stupor. 

“Oh, uh, right! So how does this work?” Taiki asked curiously. “Oh, just point the loader in the empty space and shout “Reload Wisemon and Machine!” I’ve coded the machine to match the specifics of a very low level Digimon so there shouldn’t be any difficulties sending it through!” Wisemon’s voice was edging towards a more urgent tone though he tried to keep it as calm as possible. “Right…” Taiki said, his voice tapering off slightly with a bit of uncertainty. He then glanced back at Akari as concern then marred his features. ‘Is she gonna be ok with all of this?’ Wisemon’s voice then boomed with impatience from the loader causing Taiki to let out a shrill yelp! “AHH! Right, right ok!” He said quickly tossing the loader to the small fainting sofa he’d been previously using as a bed and began rapidly pushing chairs out of the way. He then rushed back to the loader and pointed it at the newly cleared area. “RELOAD WISEMON AND MACHINE!” Wisemon smiled veiled under his hood as both the machine and himself was sucked directly through the portal as Sanzomon simply blinked in confusion. Wisemon’s smile remained feeling the familiar warm embrace of the loader’s healing light around him. Without stopping, the loader spat him and the machine out into the open area. The massive machine towered over them, yet barely touched the ceiling. Taiki stared awestruck at the giant machine before him, letting a small “Whoa” slip through his lips! Multiple lights flashed several different colors along the keyboard as a giant metallic pod was fastened to the front with two huge metallic tubes. A large screen displaying several colored numbers flashed across the screen. A large, cushioned table lay to the right of the machine supported by two sturdy metallic legs. A large glowing mass of energy floated at the top of the singular antenna buzzed loudly in several different colors. “Gah!” Taiki quickly turned away rubbing his eyes as the light temporarily blinded him! Wisemon rushed over to Akari wasting no time in transporting her along with her several IV tubes over to the table upon the side of the machine. 

Wisemon then flipped a switch on the control panel as the machine buzzed to life. A large green light began moving back and forth over her, scanning for any useable core code she may have to make the transition easier. Wisemon then pushed another button as several metallic cables with a flat coin-like sensor attached themselves to her forehead, arms and legs. Taiki noticed that Wisemon spent as little time as possible looking at the deteriorated state his friend had fallen into. Wisemon’s eyes remained glued to the screen as the scan revealed several thousands of multi-colored codes that all flooded onto the screen at once. Wisemon’s fingers sped across the keyboard faster than Taiki had ever seen anyone type before. “As soon as I find the code, it’s all up to Shoutmon… Oh I pray that he hurries… he wasn’t joking when he said she didn’t have long… I’ve never seen anyone in such a state! From the looks alone, she appears to only have 2.4 to 4.3 or possibly even a single day, which is roughly two weeks or 3 days in Digimon time.” He then turned to Taiki, though his face was shrouded, Taiki could feel tension of his stress levels rising. “I would notify him if I were you…” With that, Taiki quickly nodded pulling out the loader he’d previously stashed in his back pocket and gave one mighty shout hoping his emotions and determination to connect with the red dragon Digimon would carry his message across worlds! “SHOUTMON, HURRY! PLEASE, SHE DOESN’T HAVE LONG! I BEG OF YOU!!” “And Taiki…” Wisemon said as Taiki finished his message, his voice locked in a firm icy yet stern tone. “To be honest, you need to prepare to say goodbye. I don’t know if this would work or not. If she had a cross loader code, it would be so much easier,” A huge, defeated sigh then rushed out of the wise Digimon, “but as I’ve said before, she doesn’t. It is up to her will alone if she is to survive. I’m pulling as much as I can with what little time is left but even I don’t know if it’ll be enough. I’ve tried to tell the king this, but his hard-headedness is almost impossible to convince when he’s sure of something or desperate to save someone. Though I’m trying my best, please don’t blame me if it doesn’t work. I can’t have this on my conscience too.” 

Taiki’s face paled as sadness and stress yet again pooled up within him. His grey eyes went blank losing the small amount of life they’d gained from the previous news. His brow furrowed, the hand clutching the loader shook furiously as it became sweaty. “O-oh… I-I understand, Wisemon… Please t-try your best. T-this is her last chance at survival.” His voice falling into the, now spilling over, well of sadness and stress he’d tried so hard to contain yet didn’t have the energy to. Tears yet again, fell freely down his cheeks in quiet sobs. Hearing Taiki fall apart was so alien to the wise Digimon that it almost seemed unreal! His voice then took on a soft and gentle tone hoping to ease his friend’s woes. “Taiki, I never do anything but my best!” Taiki looked up at Wisemon, though his eyes were glued intently to the screen before him, and smiled letting out a very weak, “Thanks Wisemon!” Suddenly, Taiki gasped loudly, his head popping up as an idea made it’s way to the surface! “Could you use my code?” Wisemon’s eyes narrowed as he shook his head, his eyes locked intently on the screen before him just in case he’d miss an important or hidden cross code. “No, I’m afraid that wouldn’t work. Your code is specifically designed for you. If I were to extract it, not only would you die, but it would be incredibly incompatible with her systems. I’ve scanned your code before and was testing this theory as Shoutmon was, rather impatiently, giving me the idea. Wisemon’s hidden brow furrowed angrily remembering the impatience the king had earlier that day, though he could forgive him ‘this time’ as the situation was dire. Taiki gave a defeated sigh and slumped back onto the fainting sofa holding the loader to his forehead silently praying for Shoutmon’s hasty return. 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment