Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - A new life awaits!

Chapter 9 - A new life awaits!

Chapter 9 - A new life awaits!
Back in the digital world, a swirling vortex of pure white energy exploded with a massive ‘BANG’ high in the sky shooting out both the king and Wisemon along with the mangled parts of the machine’s remains. Both Shoutmon and Wisemon instantly rematerialized only to find themselves 200 feet in the air! Wisemon glanced around instantly as he let out a soft chuckle and held up his index finger. “SLIIIIIGHT MISCALCULATION! THE MACHINE WAS OVERTAXED!” Wisemon shouted attempting to cut through the whipping winds as they rapidly descended towards the ground! Shoutmon let out a small sigh shaking his head at the wise Digimon and quickly summoned his mic. “DON’T WORRY, I’VE GOT THIS!” His cocky smile returned as he then took a deep breath as he unleashed a shout so massive, it sent shockwaves throughout the area, “HEY, WE NEED A BIT OF HELP HERE!” Wisemon instantly covered his ears as best he could upon the sudden blast but could not stop a small trickle of blood that slowly rolled out of his ears and down the side of his cheek. “GYAAAAHHHHHH!!” The wise Digimon let out an incredibly pained cry as the sheer shockwave that carried Shoutmon’s deafening words crushed  a small part of the right side of his skull feeling as if his head was splitting in two! Shoutmon quickly jerked his head towards the cry and a wave of panic and worry quickly overtook him! A single sweat drop began quickly forming under his V! He reached for his scarf to lend it to the bleeding Wisemon only to realize he’d left it on his bedside table this morning. He mentally cursed himself gritting his razor sharp teeth. He attempted to only shout loud enough for his words to cut through the whipping winds as they continued to fall. “OH CRAP, WISEMON! I’M SO SORRY! I FORGOT HOW STRONG MY SHOUTS CAN BE!!” The two guards stationed at the castle’s gates instantly fell to the floor gripping their ears out of sheer pain then jolted their heads skywards upon recognizing their king’s gruff voice!

“IT’S THE KING! EVERYONE, QUICK, GRAB THAT BANNER AND PULL IT TIGHT!” One of the Togemon guards cried instantly rushing off to grab the end of the hanging banner that humbly welcomed the king and his companion back to the digital world. “SIR, YES SIR!” Bellowed the rest of the guards, following quickly behind the first and grabbed the other end jerking it down in a loud ’SHHHHHPH’! They quickly angled it under the king and Wisemon following the wise leadership of the commanding Togemon  gently catching the two before they met a painful end with the ground below! Shoutmon quickly leapt off the banner and darted inside, adrenaline and excitement racing through his veins! In one fluid motion, he lifted his mic and shouted at a much lower volume than last time, while making sure Wisemon was a good distance away. “PRAIRIEMON, LISTEN UP! WE’VE GOT A WAR FRIEND WHO’S GONNA BE STAYING WITH US! PREPARE A ROOM CLOSE TO MINE AND HAVE AN ELECMON MEET ME THERE ONCE I’M BACK! OH, AND GRAB CUTEMON! WISEMON NEEDS MEDICAL ATTENTION!” He then turned his gaze towards his bleeding companion only to instantly shift it towards the ground as waves of guilt and shame wash over him. Heaving a heavy sigh, Shoutmon instantly regretted his vocal mistake. He squeezed his eyes closed and shook his head to clear his mind flinging his mic high into the air and let it vanish in the wind. He tore through the open castle gates as fast as his legs could carry him and literally flew up the stairs towards his room! Adrenalin mixed with the excitement of introducing a friend he hadn’t seen in a while to the new and improved digital world once again surged within him! It seemed as if nothing could stop him now!

The Prairiemon stared after him, waves of complete confusion melting into sheer dread washed over their faces. Sure, the king had done some seriously crazy and sometimes utterly reckless things in the past but this one was new. Never before had they actually needed a room for a war guest. They sighed in unison silently praying that this one wouldn’t be as rowdy as the last. It’d taken them ages to clean the chewed up diginoir off of the ceiling of the dining hall. The Prairiemon glanced around at the others as small whispers were quietly exchanged. They turned back towards the king with a deep bow and zoomed off down the hall and up the stairs. He threw open the door and darted over to his bedside table, viciously ripping out the drawer then proceeded to dump its contents all over the floor. The various contents clacked, clinked and pinged noisily onto the cold, stone floor. He carefully picked through them until he found what he’d been searching for! A map carefully drawn to the perfect specifications of the new digital world! “YESSS!” He shouted happily as an excited smile twisted its way across his face! He then dashed back into the courtyard and out the gates as fast as he could wanting to bring Wisemon but knowing full well that he’d probably make more headway himself. The wise Digimon had a tendency to babble on and on about how Digimon regeneration works, which Shoutmon totally didn’t need. Sure, he could always mute Wisemon, but he may or may not have something important to say. The journey took him about long and grueling three hours of straight running to reach the quilted field before he collapsed onto the warm, plush ground letting his world instantly fade to black! “King?…” A muffled, strangely calming voice filled his head as he felt two clawed hands gently grab his arms attempting to shake him awake. His eyes flew as reality came crashing back into view! “WHA-HUH? … Oh… Elecmon! Heh, sorry, I must’ve dozed off!” Shoutmon said as his vision became more clear by the passing second. He attempting to hoist himself up to a sitting position only to realize he had the excess weight of several newly hatched baby Digimon  both clinging to and sitting on him. They stared down at the metallic, ruby red Digimon, wide eyes full of wonder and curiosity while the others encircled him. Elecmon panicked silently as he carefully plucked each baby Digimon off of the king silently, yet desperately praying he wouldn’t get jailed or turned to digital dust for his misbehaving kids! 

“AHH, NO CHILDREN!! OFF OFF OFF!! I’M SO SORRY, I’M SO SORRY I’M SO SORRY! MY KING PLEASE DON’T BLAME THEM!!” An apologetic flurry of bows flew from him. Shoutmon smiled warmly, a soft chuckle rolling from his throat. He gave the Elecmon a reassuring look and said. “Heh, it’s alright! Children will be children after all! You’ve taken such good care of them, Elecmon!” He then turned to the surrounding digital hatchlings as Elecmon then relaxed a bit, a deep sigh flowed quietly through his teeth. Elecmon then turned his attention back to the king as curiosity bubbled its way to the surface. “Um, w-what brings you here, y-your majesty? You usually don’t visit us. I-is there something you need?” Shoutmon’s expression quickly fell causing icy waves of panic to again claim the Elecmon. “F-forgive me, my king!” He said with yet another quick bow. Shoutmon’s expression remained but he lightly placed a hand upon the Elecmon’s shoulder reassuringly. “Don’t worry about it! I actually came because I was looking for a friend of mine. Have you noticed any strange eggs or any eggs with an unusual aura?” The Elecmon froze, his face quickly fell into one of pure horror which didn’t sit too well with Shoutmon. “O-oh, you mean that egg… I did see an unusual one this morning but it’s um…” Elecmon’s deep purple eyes instantly darted from the king to the quilted ground in front of him. Several sweat drops began to form on his brow as he began to tap his front claws together nervously. “It’s… it’s u-um…” Shoutmon’s expression quickly shifted to worry noticing how oddly the caring Digimon was acting. Wisemon’s voice again filled his head. ‘She may not be able to digivolve at all! She may have no powers! Her human soul may not accept the digital vessel and she could die anyways!’ Shoutmon’s heart sank as he bared his teeth squeezing his eyes shut while roughly shaking his head attempting to scatter those pesky thoughts! ‘No way! I’m not letting this get the best of me! I’m Shoutmon! Savior of the digital world! Everything will be fine! … Right?’ His eyes then flew open as he rapidly grabbed the Elecmon’s shaking wrist holding it tightly. “GYAH!!” The nervous Elecmon jumped at the sudden movement letting out a loud yelp startling the Digimon babies! They all belted out several loud squeaks and whimpers quickly diving behind several of the large building block towers that lay scattered around the area! Shoutmon quickly glanced around noticing the surprising lack of infants and gave a heavy sigh, his features relaxing slightly also releasing the panicking Elecmon. 

“I’m sorry, Elecmon, I know it must be hard dealing with all of these infants at once  then having a surprise like this, but I need to know about that egg… it’s important that I do because she may be the friend I’ve been searching for.” Shoutmon’s words weighed heavy with worry. Elecmon locked eyes with the king almost giving him an ‘Are you sure’ look. Shoutmon’s expression again hardened into a stern, unrelenting one as if answering Elecmon’s unasked question. Elecmon heaved a defeated sigh and turned around waving for the king to follow him. “It’s this way, my king… Please follow me.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment