Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Digital Daycare Nightmare!

Chapter 10 - Digital Daycare Nightmare!

Chapter 10 - Digital Daycare Nightmare!
As they approached the egg, Shoutmon slowly took notice as the air grew heavier and more dense with each and every few steps as if gravity itself was preventing them from nearing it! “W-what is this??” He squeezed his eyes shut silently begging in desperation that they wouldn’t walk up upon a malformed Akari! He opened them again, his fangs almost grinding into his gums out of sheer horror mentally preparing himself for what he was about to witness. His breathing became ragged and raspy as he forced himself further determined to rescue his friend! He was determined to save a life no matter the cost! ‘Was this really Akari’s doing? The air’s so thick I can barely breathe!’ He thought to himself cautiously his black rubber fingers balling firmly into fists to keep himself focused! He could feel the pressure thicken as if the air suddenly stopped being air and just turned into a dense suffocating veil of pure agony! Multiple beads of sweat began to form under his V shaped horns. His arms began to quiver violently by his sides out of worry and pressure. ‘This is insane! This can’t possibly be Akari’s doing! If it is, we’re not only in trouble, everyone in the general area would be effected… What the heck is going on?!’ “Uuf…” Suddenly, out of nowhere, Elecmon collapsed! “ELECMON!” Shoutmon cried seeing the kind, fatherly Digimon hit the ground like a rag-doll! Shoutmon instantly knelt down beside the fallen Digimon, his face finally expressing the worry he’d been somewhat consealing! “I-I’m so sorry, my-my king… I… I can’t go further, i-it’s too much!” Elecmon rasped out of short, ragged breaths. “It’s fine, Elecmon, don’t let the children come near until I’ve fixed the problem. It’s going to be ok!” He said firmly yet held a confident smile and a thumbs up! Shoutmon quickly pushed himself back placing his hand on his knee for support. Elecmon nodded, sweat drenching his head and shoulders. “T-thank you, my king…” Elecmon then noticed Shoutmon’s outstretched arm and gladly clasped on with his own oversized claws, more than thankful for the aid! He slowly pushed himself to his feet only to stumble a bit before bending over and clutching his knees. “Will you be alright?” Shoutmon asked, his tone firm but caring. Concern mixing with the crippling terror from before continued to overtake both. With ragged breaths and shaking limbs, Elecmon nodded panting a bit before giving himself a small breather before he was able to walk back towards the Digital slimes. Shoutmon watched him go carefully making sure he didn’t pass out along the way knowing that if he did, the slimes would be without a caretaker for a while which Shoutmon definitely wouldn’t have! Once he saw Elecmon calmly slide down the bark of a tree, taking yet another quick breather, Shoutmon nodded quickly turning around continuing carefully towards the strange aura hoping he’d make it in time to find out what was wrong. He took one large, shaky gulp of air, balling his hands tightly into fists once more and trudged on! It wasn’t long before the aura was heavy enough to make him feel as if he was walking through an incredibly dense blizzard! He threw one arm in front of his face holding his breath before literally stumbling upon it falling flat upon the soft, quilted ground! The pressure was suffocating! It poured from the egg like a furious waterfall! “GAH!” Shoutmon groaned feeling the immense pressure literally binding him to the floor! He snarled, determination flowed through him like a raging river! He shoved his hands up under him pushing against the ground with all his might eventually forcing himself into a sitting position and glanced over at the egg. His mouth dropped open gasping desperately for air as his eyes widened imagining what kind of horrible things would come out of that egg! Being so close to the egg, Shoutmon noticed the air around it seemed to be enveloped in a light blue haze, he assumed it was the thick aura flowing from the egg. 

[img]blob:http://www.fanart-central.net/ef5498ee-46a2-43b6-8c45-b138c970492e[/img]

Upon closer inspection, the egg was about half the size of a normal digi-egg (About the size of a normal ostrich egg) and could easily fit in the palm of his hand! Through the light blue haze, he could easily make out a large flame emblem coating the egg’s surface with a sunny, yellow background! Blue wave-like markings washed over the egg in a stripe-like pattern as it circled around leaving sharp blue ridges on each side.  An uneasy sigh rushed out of Shoutmon as he strained with all his might to stay in this seated position. He raised one arm gently placing it upon the egg. “A..K, A-AKA… AKARI!” He shouted wildly, his voice cracking in growing worry! With one shaky hand, he scooped up the egg, turned up his earphone and gently placed it against his head silently praying that she was ok. He squeezed his eyes shut in focus only for them to fly open again as a sharp gasp slipped through his lips upon hearing a faint heartbeat! “Whew! Well, your core is pulsing so you’re alive at least… Uuugh! I, hope you’re ok in there.” A massive relieved sigh washed away most of the concern thus lightening the ruby red Digimon! “Now, to get you back to the castle! I’m sure Dorulumon and Balistamon would be thrilled seeing you again!” He smiled down at the egg quickly tucking it under his arm. Though the pressure never let up, he was determined to get it back to the castle and go from there. He slowly forced himself back up through the intense gravitational pull of the aura as if he were trying to push and walk through thick, solid ice! He carefully began trudging back towards the castle, every step felt weighted, as if his feet had been collecting mounds and mounds of dirt with every passing second! He glanced down at the egg once more wondering how to stop Akari’s egg from leaking this strange blue energy through its pores and what was causing such energy to spout? With a mighty groan, Shoutmon set the egg down as they neared the rim of the daycare where quilted lands met actual grass. The day care lands weren’t that large, but he knew he had to come up with something! “Ugghhh!” He let out another massive groan jumping as far away from the egg as he possibly could, painting in sheer agony! This was almost too much for Shoutmon to bear! ‘Just one breather… Just one small breather and I’m good.’ He squeezed his eyes shut collapsing to the ground with a harsh thud! His breathing ragged as he fought desperately to stay conscious! Suddenly, a familiar yet very muffled voice echoed loudly through his nearly conscious head. It took him a while to make out what this voice was saying. He groaned once more opening an eye. His energy slowly rose to normal only to find a blurry Sanzomon kneeling over him, the egg’s horrible energy seemingly nowhere to be found. “GAH!” Shoutmon’s eyes widened as he frantically bolted upright, turning down his earphone from before. He began searching the area hoping the egg hadn’t rolled off somewhere! He then turned to Sanzomon’s worried face, fear and shock etched into every muscle. “MY KING! I HAVE BEEN CALLING AND SHAKING YOU FOR TWENTY MINUTES NOW!” She bowed deeply, as relief washed over her and offered him an outstretched hand. 

Shoutmon ignored her hand jumping swiftly to his feet. Panic surged through his veins as he began frantically searching for the strange, colorful egg. “WHERE’S THE EGG? SANZOMON, WHERE IS THE EGG?!?” He shouted now digging through several nearby shrubs thinking it may have rolled off and had gotten stuck into one. “This isn’t good… Not good at all! What if some Digimon found the egg by accident and is now in trouble because of the energy! SANZOMON, WE NEED TO-“ he was soon silenced by a sudden rush of relief as he spotted the small, colorful egg wrapped tightly in Sanzomon’s arms. Two shimmering, golden bands loosely wrapped around its middle. Shoutmon sank to the dirt below him sighing loudly in relief! “OH THANK OMNIMON! Let me see it!” He asked holding out his arms only for Sanzomon to glare down at him. “M-my king, forgive me but this egg almost erased your code! We need to smash it before my rings are not enough to stop the horrible energy that dwells within!” Shoutmon lowered his arms, his jagged lips peeling away from his dagger-like teeth, his eyes narrowing dangerously. “YOU WILL DO NO SUCH THING! That is a precious friend from the war who, might I remind you, ALLOWED YOU TO LIVE FREE HOWEVER YOU WANTED!! I REFUSE to let you harm her!” Shock and betrayal marred every inch of Sanzomon’s face! She almost stumbled for words as she gasped, stepping back a bit. “M-my king! Please! This thing almost deleted you! If I had not arrived with my rings-“ Shoutmon instantly cut her off as his mic fell from the sky landing perfectly into his outstretched hand. “Don’t make me fight you, Sanzomon… She is my friend just like you, and I’ve got Taiki back in the human world counting on me to keep her alive!” Sanzomon froze letting off a small, sharp gasp! She never before had Shoutmon yell at her with such disdain! It frightened her. “M-my king please… Please reconsider! If this egg was allowed within the castle walls and my binds were to fail… then what?” Shoutmon stood slowly, his cold blue eyes bored to Sanzomon’s as he began walking towards her. “Then, I’ll deal with it as I’ve said many times before. She is MY responsibility! If anything were to befall anyone around her, I’ll take care of it.” She stared at Shoutmon with a look of bewilderment almost as if he’d grown a second head! Her eyes then drifted down to the small egg wrapped tightly within her arms imagining the sleeping creature nestled safely within. She lowered her head with a defeated sigh closing her eyes as she then handed the egg back down to the king who swiped the egg giving her a stern look. Who was she to deny a creature the king was so fond of life even if it were to cause massive chaos later on. She hated more than anything to see the king in such a state, but there was no stopping him at this point. Her bottom lip quivered as Shoutmon walked past the much larger Sanzomon, his stern expression never leaving her until he was at least a few feet in front of her. 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment