Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - A Walk in the Park

This is a yaoi/Shonen ai (I don't know which yet...) fanfic about Cloud and Sephiroth. On fanfiction.net, I got good reviews, so I decided to put it on another site. No kissing or more yet, but eventually... Anyways, I hope you like it. ^.^

Chapter 2 - A Walk in the Park

Chapter 2 - A Walk in the Park


Ch.2-A walk in the park


Sephiroth made it up to the roof before Cloud. He looked around at the plants. It was a strange idea, having a park on the roof, but it was nice to have one. New Midgar didnt have much plant life, so a park was nice. There were various types of trees, like pine and oak, and also some he didnt recognize. It also smelled nice up here. In most other places, there was still the stench of the old Midgar. It was a nice, peaceful place, a place you could relax in. A place you could&

Um, Sephiroth? Cloud said from behind him, disrupting his train of thought. Youre blocking the entrance to the park. Would you mind moving? He sounded rather annoyed, but also wary of the fact that he could very well be a goner if he was pushed down the stairs.

Hmm? Oh yes, of course. Sephiroth moved to the side, allowing Cloud to enter the park. This is a nice park. Who had the idea of making it? He went over to a bench and sat down.

Oh, Aeris did. She really loves flowers. And arent we supposed to be walking, and not just sitting down and having a conversation? Cloud replied, noticing that Sephiroth was perched on a bench.

Hmm? Oh yes, we are. Sephiroth got up. He began to walk at a leisurely pace. It really was a nice place that Aeris had come up with the idea of. Probably she had wished for one before she died. Then, when she was reincarnated, she made one, most likely planting it herself. Well, Cloud, arent you going to follow? he asked Cloud, who was looking down the other path there. The park was almost a maze, with multiple paths you could choose to take. Cloud wanted to take a path other than the one Sephiroth did.

Yeah, Im right behind you. Cloud replied, cursing to himself. But he still decided he was going to take the other path. Sephiroth jumped in front of him. Cloud looked scared, but not too much. He more looked like I knew bringing him back was a bad idea. Oops. Maybe he shouldnt have gone with that approach. Oh well, whats done was done.

Now Cloud, I thought you were right behind me. At least, thats what you said. Lying is bad, you know. Now come on. I dont want to spend all day just getting you to stop acting so damn immature! Cloud was so frustrating! Oh well, all the hard work would eventually pay off.

Umm, Sephiroth, calm down. I just like, umm, taking walks alone. Cloud said. He tried to look really annoyed that Sephiroth wouldnt let him do that.

Can you please walk with me, just this once? Sephiroth pleaded, attempting to sound pitiful. It obviously didnt though, for his face was built to look fairly emotionless, not pitiful. I would enjoy the company.

Umm, suure. But you see, I dont really want to. So Ill just be on my w- Sephiroth grabbed one of the spikes on Clouds head.

Am I going to have to put you on a leash, Cloudie? Sephiroth complained. I didnt realize how hard it was to walk with me. Now come along. With that, Cloud finally decided Sephiroth wasnt going to give up trying, so followed Sephiroth down the other path.

\/\/\/



Woah, what was up with the personality change? Cloud thought. Just a short while ago, he was all nice, and now hes being strict and mean. Maybe now hes showing his true colors. He glanced at Sephiroth. He was holding his head while walking. &Wait, why was he holding his head?



Um, Sephiroth, why are you holding your head? he asked. When Sephiroth looked back at him, he looked like he was happy that Cloud cared, but he only had a slight smile.



Oh, its nothing much. Just a small headache. Sorry if it makes me a bit testy. Its just that this kind of thing happened a lot with Jenova in my head all the time. He grinned ruefully. Do you have anything to help headaches? Ill want one after the walk if it still hurts. He turned back to face the path, and continued walking.



Jenova gave him a headache? Cloud thought. Well, I guess that makes sense. Her voice was probably so annoying, that it had an affect on Sephiroths head. He would give him something when they got back, then try to avoid Sephiroth for the rest of the day. This was too much time to spend with him in just one day, or even in one week. Maybe he could invite Tifa or Aeris over later, or maybe someone else. He of course couldnt invite Tifa and Aeris over, and only them, because they both liked him. It was obvious. Cloud personally didnt have any preference as to who he liked more. Hed have to decide sooner or later, he knew, and theyd just have to deal with the decision. Ill invite Aeris over tonight. Cloud decided. I need to make up for all the time I couldnt spend with her. But he was getting off topic.



Yeah, I have something I can give ya. He responded. Howd you get a headache?



Oh, probably just from thinking too much.  Sephiroth responded. Oh. That happened to Cloud sometimes. Whenever he tried to recall a fuzzy memory, he would think too hard, and his head couldnt take the stress. But wait& something didnt make sense. What could Sephiroth be thinking that was giving him a headache?



What are you thinking thats giving a headache? Cloud inquired. He had never really understood the concept of private thoughts.



Oh. Just something thats been bugging me. He stated simply. He hoped that Cloud wouldnt think to ask what. But of course he was thinking too much of Cloud.



What? Whats bugging you? Cloud said. He had completely forgot about hating Sephiroth for the moment.



Its something thats bugged me since I was reincarnated. He started. Cloud was staring at him, drinking in every word. How was it possible? The planet would never allow it. I dont deserve it.



The planet thinks in a way I dont get. Cloud replied. But also, you werent reincarnated (A/N: Woah, big word. Careful Cloud, you dont want your brain to explode!); you werent dead. He looked at the not-believing expression on Sephiroths face. Yeah, I know. Hard to believe, huh? But its true. But theres a good reason. How about I fill you in on what happened the day you were resurrected.



/\



After resurrecting Aeris, the gang had headed to where Sephiroths body lay. It was under Aeris orders that they were there. It had been surprisingly easy to resurrect Aeris, They just need to combine Nanaki using revive and a phoenix down. But they hadnt had enough time to even think about how to bring her back until after theyd killed Sephiroth. Actually, that wasnt completely true. Vincent had thought plenty about it. He was the one that came up with the idea.



They didnt regret bringing Aeris back, but were it anyone else they would have. She had a list of things to do that shed had a while to compose, being dead and all. The first thing on the list had been to resurrect Sephiroth. She was very good at the art of persuasion. They had taken the time to resurrect Aeris, not that it was a burden or anything, but then Aeris made them do this the very next day. When she was asked why she would even think of this horrendous act, she had said I talked to him while I was dead. His spirit, I mean. Hes not nearly as bad now that Jenovas out of the way. So I want to give him a chance. Mother Gaia has allowed it.



No one wanted to believe that Aeris truly wanted this, but they had to resign to the fact. So, here they were, looking right at Sephiroths body. Looking at it now, he didnt look all that dangerous. You couldnt see his glowing eyes, and he didnt have an evil, creepy smirk on his face. He could almost, key word being almost, believe Aeris.



Aeris went over to the body. It was already out and lying on the ground. They had already taken care of that part. It was her turn to do the rest. She pulled out a phoenix down, and used it on Sephiroth. Nothing happened, and after waiting a minute, they realized that nothing was going to happen.



Theres&a wandering soul here. I can hear it. &Sephiroth? she thought out loud, sounding very surprised.



Just as I thought. Everyone spun around, and stared at Vincent. He rarely spoke. So whatever he was going to say was either going to be important, or a depressing ranting, about death or something like that. Cloud was hoping for the former. Didnt you find it strange, that Sephiroth wasnt in the Lifestream, Aeris? Aeris nodded, not wanting to say anything that might interrupt him. "Sephiroth isnt dead. He cant die, not really. The Jenova cells wont allow him. Hes still alive, cut barely. But his body is uninhabitable, so his spirit is stuck just floating around, but never too far from his body.



Everyone stared at Vincent. It makes sense. Aeris said, after a few minutes of silence ensued. So Ill just use cure on the body, so he can use it. And she did just that. After a moment, one of Sephiroths fingers moved a bit. They all jumped back a bit, surprised.



Thank you, Aeris. He said slowly, having not used his mouth in a while. I suppose I am in your debt now? He said. His eyes opened a bit, then closed, then opened again, blinked a few times, and then stayed open. This feels&extremely strange. He thought out loud. His head turned in the direction of the others. Ah, the whole gang is here, I see. Just how did you get them to come, Aeris? he said, staring right back at the glaring Cloud.



Oh, it just took a little bit of persuasion, Aeris said, smiling sweetly.  And you arent in my debt. Mother Gaia was the one that allowed you a second chance. Then, noticing Sephiroth trying to sit up, but failing miserably, added Do you need any help?



No, Im fine. Ive almost got it. And sure enough, a few minutes later he was sitting up. So I was allowed a second chance. I wonder why. I suppose Ill never know, though. She never reveals her motives. While he was saying this, he started to get up. He was now standing, and wobbling a bit. But in another moment, he was fine. I must thank her, when I get the chance.



Cloud then walked over to Sephiroth. I just want to let you know, youre going to be watched, closely. One bad move, and youre dead.

Sephiroth laughed. It wasnt maniacal laughter. It was a hearty baritone laugh. Of course. You have every reason not to trust me. But really, it wasnt my fault I wanted to take over the world. Mother was quite persuasive for a disembodied head. She had this whole become a god thing planned, and she wanted it to happen. Well, can we get out of here? I really dont like this place. And with that, he began to walk towards the Highwind. Aeris walked behind him, while Vincent moved to intercept him.



I would never dream of letting anyone who I do not trust entirely, or at least almost entirely, He said, glancing at Yuffie, who blushed, on the airship. So you are extremely lucky that Im not the one who allows you on it. Vincent looked at the others. After glancing at Aeris, Cloud and Cid both mumbled You can get on it.



Sephiroth smiled. Of course. And with that, they all departed on the airship.



Im assuming that you were aware of everything following that. Cloud concluded, and Sephiroth nodded.



Sephiroth then glanced around. It appears weve walked around in a circle. Were back at the door. Sure enough, they were. There was the door to the stairs, right in front of them.



Cloud glanced down at his watch. His eyes widened. Oh shoot! Aeris said that shed come over here to check up on us at three! It was now half past three. He must have really rambled. They had been walking for an hour, while he had figured theyd only take half an hour.



Well, we shouldnt make her wait any longer, Sephiroth commented.



No, we shouldnt. Lets go. So down the stairs they went, wondering what would occur next.



/Sephiroth moves in~end/





A/N: Wow! This chapter is shorter than chapter one! I was expecting it to be longer. A good deal longer. Oh well. I hope its just as good, no, better than chapter 1!



P.S.~ I am really sorry it took me so long to finish this chapter. Its just that it took me a while to be satisfied with the flashback. Its flashback version 4.0.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment