Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Prologue

The first part of an original series by me. Includes my buddy Winterpaw and her companions Yellowtip, Goldtail, Treewyte, Rosebloom, and Swiftsky on a perilous adventure for the water emblem.

Chapter 1 - Prologue

Chapter 1 - Prologue


A small foxbabe lay in the moss as her mother picked berries in the berry patch. Her mother was a beautiful grayish blue with bright, inquisitive brown eyes. She seemed to shine in even the darkest hours of the day.



She wore a green dress with seashells dangling off, serving as fringe. She wore a small blue apron with a big pocket for berries. She wore snakeskin moccasins and a woolen hat died red from mud.



A short distance away, the babes father toiled away in their makeshift garden, pulling potatoes and carrots out for dinner. He wore a fine blue tunic with a belt holding his broadsword. He was also grayish blue, but with light blue eyes that shone merrily when he thought of his mate and child. He had a pair of deep brown boots and a straw hat the good creatures of Redwall had given him.



Their house was a small hutch that, in one corner, held the fireplace, and in the other had their kitchen. A small cradle stood in front of the fire. This was the babes bed. On another side of the room was the bed for the mother and father.



They loved each other much and kept an eye on the babe always. They had never experienced war, and the father only had a sword because his father had handed it down to him.



The babe was a white vixen. She had grey eyes and a curious black mark at the tip of her tail. She donned a bundle which her mother usually carried across her back



A rumble of footpads stomping the earth reached them, and the baby began to cry. The mother stood up erect and listened. She cried out to her husband, who ran to them and ushered them into the hut.



The pounding grew louder as the hordes of rats and vermin came closer, until finally, a flag was raised as a warning to the creatures below that they were to be slain.



The flag was white with a brown circle and the letter K inside the circle. It had markings resembling blood on the white parts.



The fox unsheathed his lethal blade and charged the horde head on, slashing and stabbing, using moves he never knew he could. But the leader of the horde was smarter about war than he.



Lord Kavana was a fearsome ferret. He wore a ragged tunic with a handsome red cape. But his features were not at all handsome. He carried a mace, which had killed many a creature. He was experienced at war.



As soon as the fox reached him, he nimbly skipped aside and bashed his head in with the mace. The babes father was dead.



The hordes reached the cabin in no time. But the vixen had already left out the back door.



The vixen had run with all her strength toward Redwall, her babe in one arm, a blanket she had salvaged in the other.

Redwall was in sight!!!



She used the last reserves of her strength to get to the gates, and when she did, she knocked loudly enough to wake a badger lord. But just when she thought she was safe, and arrow went through her back.



Eyes clouded over, she fell, clutching her babe. The babe had lost everything within an hour.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Redwall_Artist on May 11, 2006, 12:29:50 PM

Redwall_Artist on
Redwall_ArtistThat's so sad! But it's good writing. Keep up the good work.