Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4

The first part of an original series by me. Includes my buddy Winterpaw and her companions Yellowtip, Goldtail, Treewyte, Rosebloom, and Swiftsky on a perilous adventure for the water emblem.

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4


At Redwall, Yellowtip the squirrel scrambled back up into the parapets and reloaded his bow, twanging the string with satisfaction of the good shot he had delivered to a startled stoat. Goldentail was right beside him, his sling whirling incredibly fast.



Down at the gates, Treewyte the healer crept towards a small gate at the side of the big gate. He looked both ways, then quietly opened the gate. He slunk up to the fox mother and began to cry a bit as he picked up the babe from her death clutches.



He ran towards the small gate, but alas, a grey fox was following him. She looked neither evil nor good. He could tell she was a deserter from the vermin. He beckoned her into the gate, and she thanked him gratefully, asking to hold the babe. She looked as if her heart would break, staring at the carcass of the dead mother.



Quietly, Treewyte beckoned her to follow him to the parapets. He was not expecting what happened next.



Goldentail jumped as footpads he recognized as vermin steps filled him eardrums. He whirled around and reloaded his bow swiftly, and got ready to aim and fire.



He saw a vixen holding the babe, and Treewyte seemed to have let the vixen in. He gave a warning glare to the vixen and turned back around to fight out the battle.



Yellowtip turned around and gave the vixen a confused look, then went back to reloading his bow.



Treewyte smiled, and opened his mouth as if to say something, and then thought better of it and shut his mouth promptly.



He led her towards the steps down the wall, and as they walked the only words that the vixen would say were “I'm her aunt”, and this surprised Treewyte.



They came to the gatehouse and Treewyte knocked loudly enough to wake up the whole of Redwall if it was night.



“ Oh Bryson, come on and open th' door. We have two guests for you!!!”



Treewyte kept knocking until an old otter opened the door for them. They nodded to him, then walked in to sit on two cushiony chairs close to the recorders desk. He smiled and said,



“What is a fox like yourself doing here?”



The vixen smiled a bit and said,



“I am young Winterpaws aunt. You see, my sister and brother-in-law were just killed, Swiftflower and Holcloud.”



Bryson stroked his whiskers for awhile, then, airily, he said,



“ Why not tell us the tale ma'm?”



The vixen got a twinkling in her eye and airily began telling the tale. She was a true story teller.



“ If you must know, I am Hawthorn, sister of Swiftflower. As I was saying…”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment