Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - chapters 7-11

This is an old story I desided to put up it's kinda long so it'll take a while for me to put it up. But it's finished so ya.

Chapter 5 - chapters 7-11

Chapter 5 - chapters 7-11
They are short what can I say!

"Chapter 7"
"Where were you," Donovan says in a booming voice, " you know I hate waiting Dove." He walks over to his desks and gets out his whip. His whip is specially made for him, and it has spikes on the end of the leather. And trust me it hurts like hell. "Do I have to teach you a lesson."
I bend over, knowing if I say anything that he’d hit me twice as hard. This is what happens to you over the years of being with him. Then I say to myself, why do I follow his every word, even his unsaid words?
Donovan hits me hard and fast. I can feel the blood trickle down my back with just one blow. It doesn’t matter how bad it looks now because it’ll be gone tomorrow, or the next day. That is the only good thing about being a vampire, no scars. Plus you really never age, once you hit a certain age your appearance never changes again.
After a few more hits he leans down, and holds my chin in his hand, " Will you be late again?"
I wanted to say YES, but instead I said, " No of course not, What did you need," I cringe "Master." I can’t believe they make me say that.
He throws me down and then says nastily " Yes lets get down to business," but just then Damion walked in. He must have noticed my back because he turned away quickly. I smile, staying down a moment longer. It took a while to get up because my new injury hurts like I have just died and came back to life. I bite my lip, why does it have to hurt so badly.
"Donovan we have…things to talk about, are you busy?" Damion says cautiously glancing at me one more time.
"No," Donovan says simply, "Dove we’ll talk later, go ahead and go home."
Great another night wasted on Donovan and he didn’t even tell me what he wanted.
I start to walk out the door limping slightly as the pain shot throughout my body.
I turn to watch Donovan and Damion walk into his study.
I put on my light jacket and exit out of Donovan’s palace of a house. I didn’t want any noisy humans or shape shifters getting any ideas.
I decide to walk home, why not it’s not like it’s far away. My house is only a street away. I guess it’s that way to keep me under some control.
Usually they talk freely in front of me. What was so secrete about their conversation, I hate being so damn curious.
When I get close to my house I feel a powerful source inside.
What is she doing here? I really don’t have time for this crap. I walk in and say reviling my annoyance, "Hello, Keeran did Damion send you?"
"No, I’m here on Donovan’s orders. He told me to let you know he’s selling Celestine to Domonic, I think he said this because you’re…uh yes, filling her mind with to much nonsense." Keeran smiles, she likes seeing people in pain, especially me. It’s only because she knows Damion loves me more, but she doesn’t have to worry about me.
"What does he want?" I sit down on my black couch, waiting for the answer. I can feel the blood from my new wound soaking into my jacket. I wish she would go so I can clean it up.
"He wants you to do him a favor," she went on before I could say anything, "you know that witch Vincent. He is the so-called Vampire Hunter. Donovan wants you to kill him," Keeran says actually being serious.
"Why is Donovan worried about this Vincent, is he really that much of a threat? He rarely has me do his so-called favors. You usually get them, and I get stuck with the dirty assassinations. What is so different about this one that you can’t do it Keeran, or are you not good enough for him anymore?"
"No, he doesn’t want me doing it because I have things to do for Damion, and plus it’s more your thing than mine. Vincent is killing off our vampric population, and Donovan wants you to kill him."
Now actually getting interested I say, " How many vampires has he killed?"
"Well we’re not to sure yet, but he does have a record of five vampires in one day," she says sounding concerned. " Dove we really need you to do this, even though this isn’t my line of duty I think I would do a better job."
"Wow, he sounds pretty impressive," I say ignoring her other statement. " Alright, fine tell Donovan I’ll do it under one condition. He can’t sell Celestine to Dominic. Give me the information on him, and I’ll get to work."
She had all of the information in her brief case, Donovan must of known I’d take the job. Very businesslike.
We walk outside where her car was parked on the other side of the street. Why hadn’t I noticed it before, I really must be tired.
"Alright well you’d better be going then huh, I’ll see you later. You can count on that Keeran."
"Don’t worry I’ll take care of your Celestine, Dove," she says with a smirk.
"Keeran if you lay one finger on her, I swear I’ll kill you. Don’t think I won’t your just another one of their pathetic servants!"
"Well then I’ll hold you to that," Keeran yells back as she drives away.
I watch her disappear into the night. After that I turn into my other form a raven, and head out. Better get an early start.
"Chapter 8"
"Donovan she took the job, but she told me to tell you that she’ll only do it if you don’t sell Celestine to Domonic." Keeran says while bowing down.
"Well then I guess I’ll just have to sell her to Theo then huh."
Keeran looks very surprised, "but I thought we weren’t going to sell her. I told her this."
"Dove just said we couldn’t sell her to Domonic, not Theo. She should have known I would take her words this way." Donovan walks out of the room and closes the door behind him.
"How could he so this, I mean I don’t like Dove but that is just plain cruel," Keeran says to herself.
Damion walks into Donovan’s council room. He jumps expecting to find Donovan instead of Keeran. Damion says lightly, "Keeran what are you doing here, where’s Donovan?"
Keeran bows then replies calmly, " Donovan gave me an assignment to give a message to Dove, and Donovan is in his room." She bows again then starts to leave.
"Keeran wait, what was the message?"
"Uh…Donovan wants Dove to uh…assassinate Vincent," Keeran replies with her head down. She knows how much he loves her.
Damion rushes into Donovan’s room.
"What were you thinking Donovan, why did you give that assignment to Dove?" I yell.
"And why shouldn’t I Damion, you know she is mine. It’s all your fault you should have ran after her. Told her how bad a person I was."
"I will get her back Donovan, I will do anything. Anything at all."
"Is that a threat," Donovan stands up.
"I think it is," you never give a threat to a high rank vampire unless you are willing to fight to the death which I am.
Donovan attacks me first, but I dodge him easily. I will do anything to win Dove’s heart. I want her so bad, and I know she hates Donovan. I go to get out my knife, but Donovan is one step ahead of me. I turn for a moment, and he slices open one of my cheeks. It’s all right a minor wound. It heals almost immediately after it is cut. I go for his stomach because it slows down a vampire. I hear the skin tear, a sickening sound. He falls onto the ground in pain and surprise. A stomach wound is hard to heal from even for a vampire.
"Now who is the best Donovan?" I yell into his face while holding up his chin with my knife.
"You’ll never be better than me Damion, Never." He whispers back in pain before I slice is throat open. I let him fall onto the ground before I pursue getting is vampire teeth. To make sure he dies I proceed to decapitate him, it’s the only way to make sure a king vampire actually dies. This is how you obtain the thrown in our kingdom of hell beings.

"Chapter 9"
I’m getting close to my first stop, I’m supposed to meet with a new vampire to get the latest information. I wonder if the information will be any good. Knowing Keeran you can’t rely on her sources very much.
I start to feel a little dizzy; I must be hungry. I look for a good place to find my next unfortunate victim. A bar, that is good choice. I change back into my human form and walk into the bar. There is a man sitting alone, and I notice he has no wedding ring. I always look for humans that have no family waiting for them. That must be in my human nature. I hate taking away someone’s loved one, it reminds me of when they took me away from my family. I hate them for that, I think I always will.
"Hey, mind if I sit by you?" I whisper in his ear, before I sit down in the stool next to him.
The man looked a little surprised, "No not at all, uh…my name is Stephen, yours?"
"Dove," I smile, he is kind of sweet. We talk for a while, but I can feel the blood rushing through me and if I don’t get something in my system soon I think I might go mad. Then I ask, "so are you married? Have any kids?"
"Uh…no not yet," he says nervously. He is so very skittish, even for a human his nerves are telling him to not trust me.
So I wait until he has had a few drinks, then I ask him, "So you want to go somewhere private?"
"Yeah, sure. Why not you’re a pretty lady." He’s drunk.
We walk out into the alley by the bar, and we kiss for a while, but not to intimate. I start feeling my blood rush again. I bite him, and he stifles a scream, but he is dead before he realizes anything more. His blood satisfies my hunger so I drop him, and wipe off the blood. His blood is so pure, so perfect, delicious. I had better get going or I’m going to miss out on Vincent. I have already spent too much time getting this human comfortable for his death. I should have just done it and gotten it over with. He probably would have been happier that way. Yet I feel it in my nature to give my victims a more pleasurable death, instead of gruesome like so many other vampires prefer.

Chapter 10"
I change back into a raven and fly away from the lonely and skittish man I had just killed. I am only a few more minutes away from my source to get the information on Vincent. It’s been such a long trip, usually it only takes a half an hour but this one seems to drag on. Then I see the house; it’s not too shabby. Yet not what I had in mind for a vampire. I land on his lawn and change back. The vampire was waiting on his porch, it looks as if he’d been waiting awhile. O darn now I get to hear him whine about how long I have left him waiting.
"I need Vincent’s information. Now." I demand from this lower class vampire.
"Now settle down little vampiress. No need to worry. Who are you anyway? You look to innocent to be the assassin Donovan was talking about."
"What? You do not think I can do the job?"
"Actually no, I think you will fail miserably. You are a pathetic woman." Great another one of those men who think men rule the world. Yes we have those even in the vampire world, and it get oh so ever tiring.
"Oh really? Well I am Dove Deirdre, Donovan’s number one assassin. Now what do you think?"
He looked at me frightened, "I’m so sorry, I didn’t know. You uh…don’t look like you’d be Donovan’s assassin. You uh…look too sweet and kind." I like what my reputation does to men like this.
"Well, I’m not, trust me, and don’t ever underestimate me." I then remembered what I came for, "the information, n0w."
"Yes, of course." He hands me a handful of papers and what looks like a more recent photo.
"Is this all? Do you know where he was last seen?"
It takes him a moment, "I think it was the park."
My heart jumps, "Are you sure?" Please not the park anything but the park.
"Yes I’m pretty sure, you’d better hurry before he finds out you’re here."
"Yeah, I suppose so." I leave without saying good bye. It’s not like it really matters; I don’t know him really, only by rumors and stories. Plus he doesn’t understand I want Vincent to find me. I miss him so much. I wonder if he knows I am here already?
"Chapter 11"
I go to the park hoping he had sensed me and stayed there. I was out of luck. Luck is never on my side. It was probably better that way though, just in case one of the others was following me.
I take off again this time on food, and go to the first house on the paper. My adrenaline is pumping, and I am breathing so hard. When I get close enough I can sense him, and I wonder if I can sneak up on him? He always figures it me, but it’ll be fun to try. I am acting just like the girl I used to be before I was changed into this monster.
I walk to the other side of the street, and I step onto the driveway. I walk silently until I notice another life force inside. Damn it, something always has to ruin my fun. I lose my interest in trying to sneak, instead I head up to the door rather quickly. I open the huge oak doors, and look around this is like my home away from home.
I notice the suitcases by the door, "Hello Vincent, leaving so soon?" He appears behind me, and grabs my mid section.
"No, that would be rude to leave my company." He whispers into my ear.
"Oh now I’m your company," I ask while moving out of his reach. I go to sit down on his suede couch. It’s so comfortable, and so very soft. I remember all the nights I have slept here.
"Not you, I’m surprised, can’t you sense her."
"Of course I did. I sensed someone, but I couldn’t tell who she is. She seems weak, like a human."
"It’s my companion Keeran. Know her?" Vincent smiles then walks a little closer to the couch teasing me.
"Keeran, what do you want with her? She’s…" he wouldn’t let me finish.
"Oh Keeran is perfect, a very good challenge, she told me she came to kill me, then told me who was actually sent to assassinate me. You know Dove I can be very persuasive." Vincent walks even closer to me. I love it when he plays with me.
"Don’t you ever stop talking?" I gush.
"I love it when you’re feisty Dove," he says with a smile.
"Let’s get down to business Vincent." I had to finish this teasing some where.
"Fine, ruin all the fun, you’re always doing this you know." He goes and sits on the chair across from me, instead of on the couch with me like he was planning to. "Now what about Donovan, sweetie? Have you gained his trust again, may I ask."
"No of course not I don’t even know why he sent me on this stupid assassin. He doesn’t even trust me to be with his other vampires. You think he knows? I haven’t tried to kill him in over twenty years, you know it’s been hard."
"It’s okay from what Keeran says, Donovan is trying to get you to see his way. He wanted you to get rid of his threat for him, he really likes you, you know. He adores you. You are a strong vampire Dove, plus you are the most beautiful." Vincent gets up and moves to the couch I’m sitting on.
"Well I hate him, why can’t we just leave Vincent, please can we just leave together."
"No, he’ll look for us, stop and think Dove. Calm down. You are better then this."
We share one of the most wonderful kisses I’ve ever had, I never wanted it to end. Then I heard her.
"What is she still doing alive?" I ask him very confused. I forgot she was even here.
"Don’t worry, okay I saved her for you." He grabbed my chin, gave me one more kiss then handed me his whip.
While smiling I told him, "I want you to do it, I’ll just watch. I like it better that way."
"How about we kill her together, you get first shot." He smiles and hands me the black leather whip.
"Alright," I say cautiously, I really shouldn’t be doing this. "You sure?"
"Yes, Dove. I’m sure, we’ll kill Keeran together."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment