Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Escape

this is the story of a character named Noah (as you can see from the title). It's dark, but I like it. I'm proud of it for being my first attempt at a story so enjoy.

All rights reserved

Chapter 2 - The Escape

Chapter 2 - The Escape






The Escape





I woke up very late at night in the back of the truck. We weren't moving. Seeing as it seemed safe, and I was wide awake, I decided to investigate. I carefully opened the back and slid out onto the ground. I was at a truck stop. But I looked around and realized I made it to a new city. Wait. I knew where I was. I recognized this place. I was in Wendover. My mom had taken me here for my birthday. It was a very fun place. I loved it here. But I wasn't here to play. I had business to take care of. The problem was, I hadn't thought up my plan that far. I was so torn up by my mom's death, all I could think about was getting out of there. Now I was out of there, and I had no idea what to do. All right. I had to concentrate. What did I need? Oh. I needed food. My food didn't last as long as I thought it would. You know how it is. When you're young you always think food is more plentiful than it really is. I mean, when you're running away to the Yukon you just take a couple sandwiches. So I needed food. I had no idea where to go. I recognized this place, but I didn't remember it very well. It looked like I'd just have to look around. I just started walking in a random direction and hoped it would take me somewhere useful. I walked and walked for about two hours. Finally I arrived at a grocery store. I decided to just get a little bit of food and if I need more I can come back. If I can find my way. I went into the store and found some bread, cereal, and Fruit Gushers. I went to the check-out lane and threw my food up onto the counter. The cashier looked at me a little suspiciously. But he shrugged it off and packed up my food and asked me for $4.95. Crap. I wasn't very smart and I had a hard time with adding and subtracting money. Okay, let's see. All I could do was try. I struggled for about a minute, then he helped me. But when he saw the big wad of cash he stopped, wide-eyed. "Where's your mother?" he asked. That just completely broke me down and pissed me off. I grabbed the food and ran. The cashier yelled something and almost immediately I had a couple store clerks chasing after me. I didn't know what to do. They didn't seem like they wanted to hurt me, but neither did Donnie. After Donnie I realized I couldn't trust anyone. So I ran. And ran. But, as always, I got VERY tired and started to slow down. But the store clerks didn't get tired. They just kept sprinting as quickly as they had started. The gap between us started to close. I had to keep running. I couldn't let them catch me. What if they were going to shoot me like Donnie shot my mom? I was scared. My eyes started to blur with tears and eventually I just stopped. I couldn't go any farther. The two clerks grabbed me and spun me around. They looked angry. They had the same look Donnie did. All I could do was cry and plead with them. I cried and cried and begged for my life. "Please, please don't shoot me," I said. "What are you talking about? We're not going to shoot you," they said. That made me feel better. But then they asked the same question. "Where's you mother?" That broke me down again. Seeing how broken up I was and how bad of shape I was in, they took me back to the store to get me fresh clothes so I could tell them everything. Back at the store, I couldn't tell them much. I was too sad and scared. Now that I'm older I realized I should have told them more. All I could tell them was that my mom was shot back at our house in Montello. The dumb thing I did was not tell them who shot her. I was too scared. I told them how I got there, and everything else. They took me to the police station. Apparently they had been looking for me ever since they found my mom's body. They put me in a dark room and just asked me the same questions the store clerks did. It got kind of annoying. They kept asking me who shot my mom. I couldn't tell them. I don't know why, but I couldn't. Maybe I was afraid Donnie would come shoot me. I don't know. But I couldn't say it. Things sort of mellowed out for a while after that. They took me and put me in a foster home. I hated it. It was Hell. And the older I got the more it got to me. At about seventeen I couldn't stand it anymore. I had to get out of there. I had been working at a body shop part-time for five years so I had plenty of money. I decided it was time to get out of there. So one night I just packed up and left. I was smarter now and I had more sense of what I should do and where I should go. I knew the police would be looking for me. I could probably never return to Wendover. I hiked into the woods and just sort of camped out for a while. I had no idea what I was going to do. Then came a cold night with pouring rain. It took me back to the night my mom was killed eight years ago. It brought back all the memories, all the pain, all the feelings of absolute hopelessness. And that night as I stared into the fire that's when I realized it. I had to get revenge. My mind wouldn't rest until that killer out there had suffered for what he did. I had to find him. I remembered the vow I had made in the back of that truck that night. I was going to make this jerk pay. I was going to go after him. But first I had to get prepared. I had to get supplies, transportation, and plenty of weapons: Raptor Magnums, Frinesi Automatics, SG5 Commandos, etc. But I needed a way to aquire them. I wasn't sure how, but I sure wouldn't get them from Wendover. I couldn't even set foot into that town without having the police around me. I'm sure they were looking for me. So I had to go somewhere else. But first I had to get food supplies for my trip. It was going to be a long hike to where I was going. So I snuck in under the cover of nightfall and broke into a grocery store and got the stuff I wanted. Now don't go thinking I stole it. I'm an honest man. I left some money on the counter. I headed back into the woods and started my trip. There was only one town close by that I knew had the firepower I needed. It was a small little town not too far from Montello. It was perfect for people on the run from the law to hide. The only cops they had in Grouse Creek were the ones passing through. They'd just drive through town, stop at the store, visit, and be on their way. It was perfect. That's where I was headed. Next stop, Grouse Creek.











Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment