Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The Psycho

this is the story of a character named Noah (as you can see from the title). It's dark, but I like it. I'm proud of it for being my first attempt at a story so enjoy.

All rights reserved

Chapter 4 - The Psycho

Chapter 4 - The Psycho






The Psycho





I arrived at the canyon around midnight. I decided I had better get a good look at this guy's operation before I walk in during broad daylight. I hiked along the top ridge for about an hour before I found any sign of life. There were empty tobacco cans everywhere all of a sudden. We had ourselves a serious chewer. Other than that the place looked dead. There wasn't anything. I was just about to give up when I heard the cock of a shotgun behind me. I spun around and beheld one of the strangest men I had ever seen. He was old with black crooked teeth. He had a white undershirt stained with grease and sweat. He had on army trousers and boots. He had a crooked beard and long white hair on the sides of his head. The top of his head was bald with moles and liver spots. He had looked frail with skinny arms and withered hands holding a Frinesi Auto similar to mine. I had come to the right place. He stared at me for a minute then spit tobacco right into the dust about an inch away from my shoes. This must be Sam Jenkins. "What are you doing wandering around at night in a canyon like this?" he asked. "Probably the same thing you are. Just causing trouble." I replied. He glared for a minute. Then he just burst out laughing. He laughed and laughed and laughed. Holy crap. This guy was crazy. He put down his shotgun and put his arm around me. He smelled of cigarettes and stale whiskey. "Come on over to my camp, kid. Tell me what you need." he said as he staggered off into the night. I followed, a little reluctantly though. We sat around the fire and I told him everything. I told him about Donnie, about the Foster home, about my plan for revenge, everything. But I decided to leave out the part about Jeff. After I finished my story he just started laughing again. This guy was starting to freak me out. "Kid," he started, "you remind me of my childhood." What? What kind of childhood did this guy have? Will I be like Sam when I'm eighty? Eww. Heaven forbid. "When I was your age," he continued, "I had been wronged many times, and when I got old enough and smart enough, I decided to get even. I was thirsty for revenge. I killed a few people, tortured a few people, and killed more people. They had a hefty price on my head, so I hid out in this canyon. When I needed money I asked around and got into the illegal firearms business. I've been doing it for fifty years. And I'll continue to do it until I die. But you have to be careful. I've had a few close calls. Do you see that I stagger? No, it's not because I'm drunk. Although that's part of it. It's because one day I had a close call. I got careless. I left a trail that the cops could follow. But that isn't a story we'll get into. Just be careful, kid. Well, let's get down to business. What can I get you? " He equipped me with some frag grenades, flash grenades, remote mines, a repeater crossbow, a Militek Mark 6 multi grenade launcher, a covert sniper rifle, an SG5 commando, an Uzi, and a crapload of ammo for all of them. I was a walking explosive. I was well prepared for anything. Now I just had to find this Donnie guy and make him pay. But it will be tricky. Sam said Donnie just bought some property on the hill behind the church so that was the first top I'd make. Sam also said that he came to town about once every two weeks so I'd just have to lie low and wait. I hoped I wouldn't have to wait too long because I didn't have any money. I spent it all on these guns! Sam said I could camp with him if I'd like. I turned him down. I'll get my food like I got my shotgun. Put someone at gunpoint and demand something, and if he refuses, blow him to smithereens and take it. It never fails. And to tell you the truth I actually had to do that numerous times. I had been camped out on a ridge overlooking his property for three weeks and still no Donnie. I was really starting to get pissed off. Where was he? Finally one hot night perfect for sleeping under the stars a car pulled in. I rolled out of my cot and looked at the car through the sniper rifle. Donnie got out of the car followed by four of his gunmen. They headed into an old abandoned shed on his property. I didn't think they were staying long because they left the car running. Now I had to make my move. Sure, I could just burst in there with guns blazing. But I wanted to find out more about Donnie's operation and how my mom was involved. I had to follow him back to wherever he was headed. So I ran down the hill ducking behind bushes as I went. I decided to hide into the trunk. But how would I get in? That's when something shiny in the car caught my eye. A custom-made knife with a nine-inch blade and cirrated edges sat on the passenger-side front seat. I quickly opened the door and grabbed the knife. It was very very nice. I used it to break into the trunk. I quickly climbed in and left it slightly ajar so I could get some air. But wait. What if they looked in the trunk for the knife? Well then I had no choice but to gun them down. Oh well. It would be worth it. Pretty soon I heard footsteps coming toward the car. I heard the guys get in and start to drive away. Their conversations were muffled, but I could still make out the words "Hey, where's my knife?" I listened carefully. "You probably left it inside the shed. Don't worry. It will be fine. We're coming back tomorrow. What's going to happen?" Yes! I had lucked out. Now all I had to do was sit back, relax, and wait for us to arrive at our destination. We drove. And drove. And drove. I was getting really sore. If we didn't stop soon, I was going to jump out while were were driving down the road. Pretty soon I couldn't stand it. I was just about to throw open the trunk and jump out. But then we stopped. Donnie and his buddies got out and walked off. I carefully opened the trunk enough to see what they were doing. We were at a condo of some sort. They headed into room 104 and all was quiet. I got out and looked around. My back and neck popped about fifty times. They had locked the door on the car and taken all their stuff so I guess they were staying the night. I saw a check-in office on the other side of the parkinglot. It had a big sign that said "Worldmark Resort St. George" St. George? There was no way we were in St. George! From Grouse Creek that's an eight hour drive! Dang. All of a sudden my back hurt really bad. I had just ridden in a trunk for eight hours with a shotgun barrel in a very uncomfortable spot. I felt like I was going to die. But it was all right because I was here. Now I could take care of my revenge and make Donnie pay. But not tonight. I'll get some rest then tomorrow at dawn I'll make my move. By 6:00 AM Donnie would be history. I'd make sure of that.











Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment