Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The end of it all?

this is the story of a character named Noah (as you can see from the title). It's dark, but I like it. I'm proud of it for being my first attempt at a story so enjoy.

All rights reserved

Chapter 5 - The end of it all?

Chapter 5 - The end of it all?






The end of it?





I got up around 5:00 AM to see what they were doing in the condo. I sneaked up to the window to see what they were doing. To my surprise, they were awake. All the lights were on, and they were sitting in the living room smoking cigars and playing cards. I had them right where I wanted them. I was planning on gunning down the gunmen, then capturing Donnie and getting the information I wanted. Unfortunately, it was a lot more complicated than that. I burst through the door with my SG5 Commando blazing. Everyone ducked for cover. In the commotion I couldn't see where Donnie went. One of the gunmen pulled the pin on a grenade and right as he was about to throw it I gunned him down. He dropped the grenade and fell to the floor oozing dark thick blood. One gunman behind him didn't notice he pulled the pin and then dropped it. Kaboom. Two down. That just left two gunmen and then Donnie. The gunmen were crouched behind an overturned table. Then they did something I wasn't prepared for. They were armed with AK-47's and they both jumped up at the exact same time with guns blazing. I dove into the bedroom, but not without taking a bullet to the shoulder. Holy crap that hurt. Okay. Now they just got me pissed off. As I was forming a plan, I noticed something. I turned around and realized I was in a room full of illegal weapons. They had AT-420 Sentinals, AT-600 Scorpions, tons of rockets, Deutsche M9K's, Barretas, the works. So Donnie was in the illegal weapons business. Nice. And there was something else that was odd. There were gas tanks, kind of like the kind on forklifts. Hmm....forklifts. Maybe Donnie had a big organization with illegal arms dealing. Oh well. I could worry about that later. Right now I needed a plan. Hmm. I peeked around the corner to get a good look at the two guys. They were the typical gunmen. Sunglasses, suits, etc. It was so typical it was pathetic. But one guy still had a cigar in his mouth. That's it! I had my plan. I untwisted the top of the gas tank and rolled it out so it ended up directly in front of the two gunmen. Gas oozed out and spread across the floor. I then opened the window and got a look around. I was on the second floor. There was a fire escape directly below the window. Perfect. I braced myself. I had to do this quick and time it perfectly. I took out my repeater crossbow and loaded it. I moved into the doorway and aimed as quickly as I could. I let the arrow fly and it hit the gunman with the cigar square in the head. Now I had to run. The gunman fell to the ground. I dove out the window just as the cigar made contact with the gasoline on the floor. KABOOM! I climbed down the fire escape and took a breather. My shoulder was hurting REALLY bad now. But there was no time for that. I had to find Donnie. If he got away I'd probably never get him. That's when I heard the squealing tires in the parking lot. I whipped around just to see Donnie pull out of the parking lot and head down the road. He was still in range of my grenade launcher, but I needed answers. But I had to slow him down a little bit otherwise I'd never catch him. So I got out my covert sniper rifle and zoomed in on the car. I took out the tires on the right side of the car. He lost control of the car for a minute and spun out. Then he regained control and was off again, but he was going much slower than before. Now I just had to get a car. I'm sure all the parked cars were locked, so I had to get one driving down the road. So I ran out into the road and headed toward the first car I saw. I pulled the man out and was off. But I was off rather slowly. And that's when I noticed. I looked around and realized how awful my luck was. How is it that the first car I go to happens to be an Adams Liberty? Top speed: 110. Donnie was in a TT Cuatro Superpower. Top speed: 160. I needed a miracle. Hey, at least I shot out two of his tires. Yeah, that will decrease his speed a whopping 20 mph. That still makes his car 30 mph faster than mine. Crap. Well, I'd better get the other two tires then. I pulled out my Uzi and took aim. I was too far away. But I was never going to catch up. Well.....um..........I guess I'll have to use my sniper rifle. Okay. Hmm...........Let me tell you something. It was very hard to look down a rifle scope while driving down the road and aim at a car that is also moving. It doesn't work very well. I couldn't just shoot randomly with my Uzi because the engine is in the back and I didn't want any chance of the car blowing up and this guy dying. But I had to do something quick because he was getting away. But I couldn't aim because I'd run into a car. If there was a lane that didn't have much traffic I could drive down that and be able to take more time to aim. Hmm......There was an empty sidewalk. I shrugged. That'll work. I swerved off to the sidewalk and got right up to the wall. If I could just get the car going perfectly straight and hold the steering wheel tight I'd make it. But what about the pedestrians? Oh well. After about thirty seconds of trying to get the car to go straight down the sidewalk, I was able to squeeze off two rounds and get both tires. That slowed him down a lot. I was able to keep up with him. Now I had to choose my plan carefully. I could catch up to him and run him off the road, or I could fall back and follow from a distance and see where he goes. I decided to fall back. I faked a wreck. I swerved around like I lost control and I slammed the breaks and stopped in the opposite lane. I waited until he was out of sight then slowly started going. I barely kept him in view so he wouldn't see me. It worked. We drove clear out of St. George and headed back up North. At about Nephi he stopped at a Flying J and got gas. He went inside to use the restroom. Perfect. I sneaked up to get into the car. As much as I hated to, I decided to ride in the trunk so there wasn't any risk of him seeing me. Pretty soon I heard him get into the car and we were off again. We drove the rest of the night and well into the day. Pretty soon we ended up back in Grouse Creek. But we didn't go to his property on the hill behind the church. We drove through Grouse Creek until we got to the North end. We pulled in through a gate and that's when I realized we were on Jeff's property. I was officially confused. Was Jeff in on this too? I didn't know, but I intended on finding out. Donnie parked and started walking through Jeff's fields heading North. I rolled out of the trunk and ducked behind the car to see where he was going. Pretty soon Donnie started heading up a hill. I decided it was safe to follow. Pretty soon Donnie disappeared over the top so I ran to catch up. I got over the hill just in time to see Donnie disappear inside a door leading underground. Okay. Now I was even more confused. It had a keypad lock and, seeing as I didn't have the code, I just broke the lock with my knife. I opened the door just a crack to see if the coast was clear. It was. I sneaked inside. I was in a long thin hallway that turned to right at the end. I peaked around the corner and all of a sudden everything fell into place. It was a giant underground base with weapons crates everywhere. So this was Donnie's operation. Jeff must have been in on it too. Oh, great. I'm in a room surrounded by people who want to kill me and there are guns all over the place for the taking. This should be interesting.











Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment