Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Hunting down a liar

this is the story of a character named Noah (as you can see from the title). It's dark, but I like it. I'm proud of it for being my first attempt at a story so enjoy.

All rights reserved

Chapter 7 - Hunting down a liar

Chapter 7 - Hunting down a liar






Hunting down a Liar





I sat in the entrance of Dry Canyon for about fifteen minutes thinking about my strategy. It was hard to think clearly because I was so pissed off. I don't know whether it was the heat of the afternoon June sun, or whether I was blinded by my hunger for revenge, but instead of sneaking through I decided to just plow through and shoot the crap out of everything. I can't describe the feelings of anger and hatred I had at that time. Sam Jenkins was going down. I'd make sure of that. I made sure everything was loaded. I made sure I had plenty of grenades on my belt. I was ready. I could waste him the second I saw him because all my questions were answered. I didn't need to know anything else. I was just going to walk in, gun him down, maybe take a piss on his body, and leave. I started off. I had about an hour before I'd reach his camp. I knew he knew I was coming, so I was careful on the way to look for any traps. The last thing I needed was to come this far and then get blown up by a mine or something. All was quiet though. There wasn't any sign of life when I got close to the camp. "What if he packed up and left?" I thought to myself. I dreaded the thought. I had blown up all his goons so I had no way of tracking him down. I continued up the canyon for about an hour and minutes with no sign of him. I was just about to turn back when I heard I heard a crack in the bushes. I scanned the bushes carefully. Nothing. Then I felt something small drop into the grass beside me. It was beeping. I had no time to react. The explosion sent me flying backward into a grove of trees. When I came to my senses there was the barrel of an AK-47 in my face. Sure enough, it was the infamous Sam Jenkins. "So I guess you found out the truth," he sneered coldly. "I knew you'd be on your way. And I was readyfor you, wasn't I?" he laughed as he took my weapons away. I just glared at him. What was I supposed to say? "Nothing. Just shut up and look for an opportunity." I told myself. I had to watch him carefully. I was sure I wouldn't get many opportunities to turn the tables, so I had to watch his every move. At least I wasn't tied up. "See? Didn't I tell you this revenge crap would get you into trouble someday?" he asked. "I wish I would have listened to my friends when they told me that. But everything turned out okay. I got into the illegal weapons business, became the boss, and then I met your mom. I heard about her money problems so I uh, offered her a job." he chuckled. "But she wouldn't pay her share. So I hired Donnie to hunt her down and shoot that wench......" That was all I could stand. I was on my feet in a millisecond and I lunged for him. He fired the AK-47 and got me squarely in the leg. "I warned you what would happen. Now just sit there and stay quiet. Now, as I was saying...." He talked about his job some more and my mom. I didn't listen. All I cared about was getting out of here. I had heard enough about my mom anyway. I didn't want to know anymore. I just sat patiently and waited for an opportunity. Dang, my leg hurt. I didn't want to have to go through that again. I had to time this perfectly otherwise he'll shoot me again. I had had enough injuries for one day. Then I saw it. There was a coil of rope on the ground at his feet. When he turned around to get a beer out of the cooler I made my move. You see, Sam had forgotten about my knife. I whipped it out, threw it, and hit him in the back. He stopped dead in his tracks. I knew he was still alive. It didn't go deep enough to kill him. No, he'll stay alive for a while and suffer. Just what I wanted. He fell to the ground gasping for air. I pulled the knife out, cleaned it on my pants leg, and put it away. "I knew you'd make a mistake." I laughed in his face. "I was ready for you, wasn't I?" I mimicked. I took the rope, made a noose, and slipped it around his neck. I pulled it very tight, just to add to his discomfort. I then set him up on a very unstable stump. "Don't fall off," I warned him. "It will ensure your death. Now what do I want to do with you? I grow bored. I guess I'll just make you suffer more. I'm in that kind of mood today." I grinned, walked up to him, and pulled out my knife. "You see this blade? I sharpened it this morning. It will slice whatever it makes contact with." I held it up to his throat. "I could just gut you like a fish now, but I haven't had my fun yet." I lifted up his hand and cut off every finger. I ignored his screams of pain. I then did the same thing with the other hand. If only you could have seen the look on his face. There was so much pain, so much agony. It's almost sick that I enjoyed it. I eventually got tired of him. I decided to end this. "Hmm....how do I want to kill you? I could blow the top of your head off like Donnie did to my mother. Or maybe I could kill your family so you know what I felt like for eight years. But neither of those will bring back my mother, will they? WILL THEY!" I screamed in his face as I grabbed him by the hair on his head. "It's time to end this. See you in Hell." I said as I scalped him. He flinched, and the motion tipped the log over. As he hung there dying, as the life disappeared from his eyes, I decided to make it quicker. I took out my Uzi. It held sixty rounds. I wasted an entire clip on him. He was gone. I decided I'd leave him with a little dignity. I didn't take a piss on him. But I did cut the rope and lay his body out in the open where all the animals and buzzards could get to him. Seeing as I was done, having fulfilled my goal, I understood why Donnie laughed when he shot my mom. I understood because I laughed when I killed Sam. Just seeing Sam Jenkins dead, lying there, made me laugh. I felt free. And as I walked out of Dry Canyon, I realized I haven't felt that good in eight years. After eight years I could finally relax. My mind was put at ease. It felt good to know I was finally free. Oh, and I can't tell you how hard I laughed when I saw the stories about Sam and Donnie on the news.











Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment